Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 102)

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Wait....what?
<quoted text>
You've just proven that the framers original INTENT was to secure a well-regulated militia.
And yet your relentless quest is to ignore and deny that original intent.
You delete it from your quotes of the amendment.
You ignore it as a matter of historical record.
You dismiss the reality of that fact.
And you still claim to respect the Constitution. You still claim to be an originalist. You still have the balls to call yourself an American, you treasonous, traitorous POS.
It's the "purpose" not a "limitation". The SCOTUS has already confirmed that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right independent of the purpose for securing it. In simple terms for folks like you this means that you have the right to keep and bear arms regardless of membership in a "well regulated militia".

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your "33,000" number isn't objective. It includes approx. 19,000 suicides (not a good thing, but nothing you can do about it. People who truly want to kill themself will ALWAYS find a way. Should we ban tall bridges, poison, medications, ropes, etc. as well?). It includes criminals killing other criminals (a good thing). It includes self-defense shootings by police and law-abiding citizens (also a good thing).
You can't bring yourself to blame what is responsible for these deaths....PEOPLE. You believe that taking away someone's TOOLS will change their behavior, which is FAR from reality.
And the treasonous POS would be the one who would disarm the general public in the name of public safety, which history has proven to be to the detriment of that society.
First, when you claim that people are trying to "disarm the general public" you are being dishonest and proving that you're more interested in overblown emotionalism than in a serious debate.

Second, your assertions about suicide are completely false.

Here are the facts:
60% of suicides are by firearm.
Most suicide attempts are impulsive - 90% deliberate for less than a day.
Suicide attempts by firearm is almost always successful - over 90%.
States with more guns have more suicides by gun - twice as many.
Where there has been more gun control, suicide rates have dropped.

Suicide is impulsive, so people who don't have the means usually don't carry it out. It is a false statement to say they will always find a way.

The fact remains - almost 33,000 people per year are killed with guns in the US and you don't think that's a problem. That says all anybody needs to know about your concern for the lives of your fellow citizens and the seriousness of your argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>It's the "purpose" not a "limitation". The SCOTUS has already confirmed that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right independent of the purpose for securing it. In simple terms for folks like you this means that you have the right to keep and bear arms regardless of membership in a "well regulated militia".
But not an unlimited right - as the SCOTUS has repeatedly stated.

When you advocate for an unlimited right for any and every person to own any firearm they want and as much ammo as they want, you aren't arguing about the Constitution.

That is an argument in support of 33,000 dead Americans every single year. That argument is unpatriotic and un-American and repulsive to every patriotic American. If you had a sense of shame, you'd be ashamed of yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Simply dismissing suicide deaths by saying they don't count is a slap in the face of our military veterans.

----------

Veterans twice as likely to commit suicide as civilians

Veterans commit suicide at a rate that is twice the national average. In fact, the annual military death toll from suicides has for several years exceeded the number killed on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan.
62 percent of U.S. military suicides involved firearms, and 48 percent of the guns used were personal weapons, not military-issued.
For 2012, the Pentagon has reported a record number 320 suicides, or nearly one a day.

----------

But these gun deaths don't count to the sick, un-American, gun-fetishizing bastards.
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree entirely with your conclusions. I have already stated my counter-arguments.
Have you ever read anything the Founders wrote? I mean beyond quotes that people quote, but thier published letters,pamphlets and arguments?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

<quoted text>
First, when you claim that people are trying to "disarm the general public" you are being dishonest and proving that you're more interested in overblown emotionalism than in a serious debate.
Put this in your crackpipe and smoke it:
Diane Feinstein: "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/24126/diann...
So make no mistake....the effort may "look" like its gun control for increased public safety on the surface, but the long sought after result is full public disarmament.
<quoted text>
Here are the facts:
Suicide is impulsive, so people who don't have the means usually don't carry it out. It is a false statement to say they will always find a way.
The fact remains - almost 33,000 people per year are killed with guns in the US and you don't think that's a problem. That says all anybody needs to know about your concern for the lives of your fellow citizens and the seriousness of your argument.
And if you go back and reread my statement, I referred to people who TRULY wanted to commit suicide are going to find a surefire (no pun intended) way to do it. Those who truly DON'T....won't.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here are the facts:
Do all these statements apply to the Japanese as well ?

How do you know how long a dead person deliberated ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Put this in your crackpipe and smoke it:
Diane Feinstein: "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/24126/diann...
So make no mistake....the effort may "look" like its gun control for increased public safety on the surface, but the long sought after result is full public disarmament.
Bullshit. One isolated 18 year old quote from one Senator, whose bill was just soundly defeated, doesn't even approach proof that anybody wants to disarm the public. That belief comes purely from your paranoid imagination and from NOTHING in reality.
Armed Veteran wrote:
And if you go back and reread my statement, I referred to people who TRULY wanted to commit suicide are going to find a surefire (no pun intended) way to do it. Those who truly DON'T....won't.
This is nonsense. I already said 90% are impulsive. So even if the remaining 10% all found another way and were successful. You're still reduced to arguing about small percentages around the fringes instead of showing actual concern for over 30,000 deaths every year.

And that's the point I'm trying to make. The POINT is that 33,000 Americans die by guns and you don't give a shit. That's disgusting!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Do all these statements apply to the Japanese as well ?
How do you know how long a dead person deliberated ?
Japanese? WTF? We're talking about gun deaths in the United States.

Interviews from failed suicide attempts on how long they deliberated. Unfortunately, those who use guns aren't around to interview since almost all of them succeed.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Japanese? WTF? We're talking about gun deaths in the United States.
Interviews from failed suicide attempts on how long they deliberated. Unfortunately, those who use guns aren't around to interview since almost all of them succeed.
You are admitting it is BS ?

That would be a first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You are admitting it is BS ?
That would be a first.
What a vivid imagination you have! Of course I'm not admitting it's BS. I didn't say anything of the sort.

If this is the sort of reason you bring to bear in all your decision-making, it's no wonder you believe so many false things.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bullshit. One isolated 18 year old quote from one Senator, whose bill was just soundly defeated, doesn't even approach proof that anybody wants to disarm the public. That belief comes purely from your paranoid imagination and from NOTHING in reality.
<quoted text>
This is nonsense. I already said 90% are impulsive. So even if the remaining 10% all found another way and were successful. You're still reduced to arguing about small percentages around the fringes instead of showing actual concern for over 30,000 deaths every year.
And that's the point I'm trying to make. The POINT is that 33,000 Americans die by guns and you don't give a shit. That's disgusting!
Here are the stats from the CDC on suicide:
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/Sui...

Pay particular attention to the estimated total number of ATTEMPTED suicides in the last year: 1 million

The number of successful suicides in 2010: 38,364

That would be a success rate of 3.8%

Firearms are the most commonly used method by males to commit suicide (56% of the time), while females prefer poisoning (37.4% of the time). So where did you get your 60% stat from???

And what is disgusting is you libtards spouting off about "33,000" gun deaths when only a fraction of that total is due to malicious intent (murder....about 28%). That fraction I do care about. And I make every effort I can to make sure that me and family never become a part of that statistic.

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are 33,000 lives a year saved?
Because that's how many are taken because you insist the EVERYBODY has an UNLIMITED right to own WHATEVER weapon they want and as much ammo as they want without regulation or even any oversight.
Your gun fetish kills 33,000 Americans every single year. And evidently that's just fine with you, un-American, treasonous POS!

A gun fetish kills 33,000 Americans every year?

How exactly does a gun fetish kill 33,000 Americans every year?

You should be ashamed to post what you did. Your post should win the award of the year for most stupid. Using your logic our founding fathers were UN-American. Without our Second Amendment we will have nothing...we will lose everything. I have retired military in my family and many friends, according to your logic all are UN-American, treasonous and a POS!

You lack common sense Dan. You must of missed history class and I bet you come from a long line of family welfare scum. You're just like Obama...he lived off the system and failed at everything he was involved in. A community "failed" organizer does not make a leader...his failed presidency is clear proof.

Dan the Man you are the UN-American, treasonous POS! Wake up dummy and look at all the posters you disagree with you...that alone should be enough for you to question your beliefs.

By the way how is your union job going?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the stats from the CDC on suicide:
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/Sui...
Pay particular attention to the estimated total number of ATTEMPTED suicides in the last year: 1 million
The number of successful suicides in 2010: 38,364
That would be a success rate of 3.8%
Firearms are the most commonly used method by males to commit suicide (56% of the time), while females prefer poisoning (37.4% of the time). So where did you get your 60% stat from???
And what is disgusting is you libtards spouting off about "33,000" gun deaths when only a fraction of that total is due to malicious intent (murder....about 28%). That fraction I do care about. And I make every effort I can to make sure that me and family never become a part of that statistic.
Bureau of Justice Statistics: Among the over-20s, 60 percent of gun deaths are from suicides, compared with 37 percent for homicides.

Accidents with guns and suicide by gun account for over 2/3 of all gun deaths in the United States. No wonder you don't care about them - you're desperate for any excuse to ignore the FACT that 33,000 Americans die by gun every single year.

You care about yourself and your family. I care about everyone in the United States. That's what makes me a patriot and you a selfish, un-American conservative.

Just proving the old saying: The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
A gun fetish kills 33,000 Americans every year?
How exactly does a gun fetish kill 33,000 Americans every year?
You should be ashamed to post what you did. Your post should win the award of the year for most stupid. Using your logic our founding fathers were UN-American. Without our Second Amendment we will have nothing...we will lose everything. I have retired military in my family and many friends, according to your logic all are UN-American, treasonous and a POS!
You lack common sense Dan. You must of missed history class and I bet you come from a long line of family welfare scum. You're just like Obama...he lived off the system and failed at everything he was involved in. A community "failed" organizer does not make a leader...his failed presidency is clear proof.
Dan the Man you are the UN-American, treasonous POS! Wake up dummy and look at all the posters you disagree with you...that alone should be enough for you to question your beliefs.
By the way how is your union job going?
I'd explain it if I thought you had the brain capacity to comprehend it.

It's like you get dumber every day. You should see a doctor - I think you have dementia.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
Thought you'd like it!

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

<quoted text>
I'd explain it if I thought you had the brain capacity to comprehend it.
It's like you get dumber every day. You should see a doctor - I think you have dementia.
You couldn't "explain" yourself out of a wet paper bag, troll.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bureau of Justice Statistics...
No, it makes you a coward and a traitor.

In 2011, the latest figure available from the Centers for Disease Control,

Accidental discharge 851
Suicide 19,766
Homicide 11,101
Undetermined Intent 222

Deducting firearms used for suicide = 12174 (Because they would have used other means if firearms had been unavailable).

Deducting 74% because of gang related homicides = 1218 (Because criminals don't submit to 'background checks', and will always get their weapons illegally).

So, when REALITY is factored in, around 2291 people die per year from firearms.

And then there's THIS little interesting FACT:

Released: May 7, 2013
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware
Pace of Decline Slows in Past Decade
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun...

During that same period, gun ownership had SKYROCKETED. PROVING once and for all: MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME.

How many people die because of other violent means? 2011 FBI Data:

Knives or cutting instruments 1,694
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 496
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 728

Those are the FACTS, traitor. It's your little buddies, the gang-bangers, causing all of the crime. And the ONLY reason they have been able to do so much damage. Is because of cowards like you, that cried for 'gun control'. And allowed all of the Constitutionally perverse 'bans' in the major population centers. You freaks disarmed the sheep, and the wolves went to town.

THAT'S CHANGING, you treasonous coward. Now the SHEEP are arming, and the cowardly wolves are running.

Your 'gun control' wet dream is OVER.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bureau of Justice Statistics: Among the over-20s, 60 percent of gun deaths are from suicides, compared with 37 percent for homicides.
Accidents with guns and suicide by gun account for over 2/3 of all gun deaths in the United States. No wonder you don't care about them - you're desperate for any excuse to ignore the FACT that 33,000 Americans die by gun every single year.
You care about yourself and your family. I care about everyone in the United States. That's what makes me a patriot and you a selfish, un-American conservative.
Just proving the old saying: The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
Yeah, that's why your 'master' keeps pushing repeatedly for FAILED policies. Ones that have been PROVEN to cost the lives of THOUSANDS. As well as slaughtering MILLIONS of babies. Even going so far as to advocate and support PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS:

Michelle Obama: partial-birth abortion is "legitimate medical procedure"
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/miller/12...

You freaks MURDER the innocent. And try to take our guns so that we won't fight back when we get sick and tired of your murderous schemes.

Take a hike, you traitor to mankind.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My, my, my - the wingnuts sure are deeply invested in finding creative and dishonest ways of denying reality.
The FACT of the matter is that 33,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR from guns. Period.
There is simply no denying this objective reality.
Unless you love guns more than you love your country.
And the right has absolutely no concern about these 33,000 dead Americans. They simply don't give a shit - as these two un-American gun-freaks have proven right here.
When you choose to put your worship of guns ahead of the lives of 33,000 of your fellow citizens, you've proven that you are a worthless, un-American, treasonous POS.
I don't know how you live with yourself.
REALLY? Then how come >you< don't have ANY >FACTS< which refute the numbers? How come >you< CANNOT post ANY verifiable data that supports that which you so LAMELY contend?

No, instead you just continuously drool out MEANINGLESS CONJECTURE. Take a hike, you treasonous loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,021 - 2,040 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••