Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Right

Huntsville, AL

#2339 May 7, 2013
Cato LOL

A friggin libertarian lobby

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#2340 May 7, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".
There's NOTHING to debate. You would know that if you had any intelligence at all.
CORRECTION:
"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Why do you insist on distorting the Constitution?

Why are you so disrespectful of the Constitution and its authors?

Why do you insist on forcing your own meaning onto the Constitution?

It's like you don't respect the document at all. It's like you're an un-American, treasonous POS who wants to undermine the safety and security of America for your own selfish purposes.

Why do you hate America so much? Why?

Chambersburg, PA

#2341 May 7, 2013
Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you post the facts on how many lives are saved each year because of armed citizens? This time don't combine the lives taken by law enforcement. After you do this then come back with the facts...not your misleading BS.
Are 33,000 lives a year saved?

Because that's how many are taken because you insist the EVERYBODY has an UNLIMITED right to own WHATEVER weapon they want and as much ammo as they want without regulation or even any oversight.

Your gun fetish kills 33,000 Americans every single year. And evidently that's just fine with you, un-American, treasonous POS!
think about it

Chambersburg, PA

#2342 May 7, 2013
Hey clueless Danny, how many of those 33,000 lives are taken by criminals that don' t give a hoot about the law?

Surely you aren't that thick that you think all 33,000 are killed by law abiding citizens? Yep You are that thick

It's funny you never gave that information, only that 33,000 people die from guns.

So come on Danny, is that all you can give? Just numbers? Break it down, how many deaths are gang related. Oh look what I found at Frontpage....80% of gun related homocides are gang related. Yepper, stronger gun laws will keep guns out of the hands of the "law abiding gang member".

Just when I think you hit the bottom rung of stupid, you say something that knocks you down yet another peg!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2343 May 7, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with my post.
If you are claiming "Gunshow" is not paying attention to your post(s), then he has my compliments.

Chambersburg, PA

#2344 May 7, 2013
think about it wrote:
Hey clueless Danny, how many of those 33,000 lives are taken by criminals that don' t give a hoot about the law?
Surely you aren't that thick that you think all 33,000 are killed by law abiding citizens? Yep You are that thick
It's funny you never gave that information, only that 33,000 people die from guns.
So come on Danny, is that all you can give? Just numbers? Break it down, how many deaths are gang related. Oh look what I found at Frontpage....80% of gun related homocides are gang related. Yepper, stronger gun laws will keep guns out of the hands of the "law abiding gang member".
Just when I think you hit the bottom rung of stupid, you say something that knocks you down yet another peg!
Dead is dead.

Patriotic Americans are outraged by it and want to fix it.

But you would rather make lame-assed excuses for it than do something about it.

Disgusting. Disgusting and un-American.

Chambersburg, PA

#2345 May 7, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>If you are claiming "Gunshow" is not paying attention to your post(s), then he has my compliments.
LOL! Of course that's what you think.

Because you are a typical wingnut who prefers the rightwing echo-chamber where you never have to hear a dissenting opinion.

You know your weak, lame arguments can't withstand honest debate, so - like all wingnuts - whenever you might hear something you don't agree with, you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Congratulations, you're a chickenshit.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2346 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Of course that's what you think.
Because you are a typical wingnut who prefers the rightwing echo-chamber where you never have to hear a dissenting opinion.
You know your weak, lame arguments can't withstand honest debate, so - like all wingnuts - whenever you might hear something you don't agree with, you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Congratulations, you're a chickenshit.
Sham , I don't mind
a dissenting opinion as a main course as long as it is served with a side dish of intelligence and your restaurant is bankrupt.

Chambersburg, PA

#2347 May 7, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Sham , I don't mind
a dissenting opinion as a main course as long as it is served with a side dish of intelligence and your restaurant is bankrupt.
There you go - trying to be clever again.

LOL! Give it up. You're not even making any sense.

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2348 May 7, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>
myths
Yes I couldn't agree more! Everything you and trash-can-dan post ARE "myths". It's a good thing that you can finally admit your insanity. Perhaps there is hope for you yet. Poor trash-can-dan though, it certainly appears he's a hopeless case.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2349 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
There you go - trying to be clever again.
LOL! Give it up. You're not even making any sense.
It really is to bad,(not really), that you hit your head on every branch when you fell from the insipid tree. Ever thought about seeing the wizard for a new brain?(And maybe he can do something about those flying monkeys shooting out your hind end!)

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2350 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with my post.
NOTHING has anything to do with your post. For you have conclusively shown that you are NULL and VOID right from the start. Having no; bearing, depth, substance, or weight. You cannot accept REALITY, and are in dire need of psychiatric attention. A full lobotomy from the neck up would be the only cure that can possibly solve your condition.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2351 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
CORRECT:

"Also, the conditions and circumstances of the period require a finding that while the stated purpose of the right to arms was to secure a well-regulated militia, the right to self-defense was assumed by the Framers."--Chief Justice John Marshall, U.S. Supreme Court.[As quoted in Nunn v. State, 1 Ga. 243, 251 (1846); State v. Dawson, 272 N.C. 535, 159 S.E.2d 1, 9 (1968).]

Yes, indeed it IS correct!

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2352 May 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Are 33,000 lives a year saved?
Because that's how many are taken because you insist the EVERYBODY has an UNLIMITED right to own WHATEVER weapon they want and as much ammo as they want without regulation or even any oversight.
Your gun fetish kills 33,000 Americans every single year. And evidently that's just fine with you, un-American, treasonous POS!
In 2011, the latest figure available from the Centers for Disease Control,

Accidental discharge 851
Suicide 19,766
Homicide 11,101
Undetermined Intent 222

Deducting firearms used for suicide = 12174 (Because they would have used other means if firearms had been unavailable).

Deducting 74% because of gang related homicides = 1218 (Because criminals don't submit to 'background checks', and will always get their weapons illegally).

So, when REALITY is factored in, around 2291 people die per year from firearms.

And then there's THIS little interesting FACT:

Released: May 7, 2013
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware
Pace of Decline Slows in Past Decade
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun...

During that same period, gun ownership had SKYROCKETED. PROVING once and for all: MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME.

How many people die because of other violent means? 2011 FBI Data:

Knives or cutting instruments 1,694
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 496
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 728

Why aren't you crying to have knives and other cutting instruments banned?

Why aren't you wailing to have blunt objects banned?

Why aren't you screaming that people have their hands, fists, and feet removed?

Frankly, I'm surprised you even have the brain power to breath.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2353 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidental discharge 851
Suicide 19,766
Homicide 11,101
Undetermined Intent 222
Deducting firearms used for suicide = 12174 (Because they would have used other means if firearms had been unavailable).
Deducting 74% because of gang related homicides = 1218 (Because criminals don't submit to 'background checks', and will always get their weapons illegally).
During that same period, gun ownership had SKYROCKETED. PROVING once and for all: MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME.
Excellent!

Chambersburg, PA

#2354 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidental discharge 851
Suicide 19,766
Homicide 11,101
Undetermined Intent 222
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
My, my, my - the wingnuts sure are deeply invested in finding creative and dishonest ways of denying reality.

The FACT of the matter is that 33,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR from guns. Period.

There is simply no denying this objective reality.

Unless you love guns more than you love your country.

And the right has absolutely no concern about these 33,000 dead Americans. They simply don't give a shit - as these two un-American gun-freaks have proven right here.

When you choose to put your worship of guns ahead of the lives of 33,000 of your fellow citizens, you've proven that you are a worthless, un-American, treasonous POS.

I don't know how you live with yourself.

Chambersburg, PA

#2355 May 8, 2013
Wait....what?
GunShow1 wrote:
the stated purpose of the right to arms was to secure a well-regulated militia
You've just proven that the framers original INTENT was to secure a well-regulated militia.

And yet your relentless quest is to ignore and deny that original intent.

You delete it from your quotes of the amendment.

You ignore it as a matter of historical record.

You dismiss the reality of that fact.

And you still claim to respect the Constitution. You still claim to be an originalist. You still have the balls to call yourself an American, you treasonous, traitorous POS.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2356 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My, my, my - the wingnuts sure are deeply invested in finding creative and dishonest ways of denying reality.
The FACT of the matter is that 33,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR from guns. Period.
There is simply no denying this objective reality.
Unless you love guns more than you love your country.
And the right has absolutely no concern about these 33,000 dead Americans. They simply don't give a shit - as these two un-American gun-freaks have proven right here.
When you choose to put your worship of guns ahead of the lives of 33,000 of your fellow citizens, you've proven that you are a worthless, un-American, treasonous POS.
I don't know how you live with yourself.
Because your "33,000" number isn't objective. It includes approx. 19,000 suicides (not a good thing, but nothing you can do about it. People who truly want to kill themself will ALWAYS find a way. Should we ban tall bridges, poison, medications, ropes, etc. as well?). It includes criminals killing other criminals (a good thing). It includes self-defense shootings by police and law-abiding citizens (also a good thing).

You can't bring yourself to blame what is responsible for these deaths....PEOPLE. You believe that taking away someone's TOOLS will change their behavior, which is FAR from reality.

And the treasonous POS would be the one who would disarm the general public in the name of public safety, which history has proven to be to the detriment of that society.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2357 May 8, 2013
Wait....what?
<quoted text>
You've just proven that the framers original INTENT was to secure a well-regulated militia.
And yet your relentless quest is to ignore and deny that original intent.
You delete it from your quotes of the amendment.
You ignore it as a matter of historical record.
You dismiss the reality of that fact.
And you still claim to respect the Constitution. You still claim to be an originalist. You still have the balls to call yourself an American, you treasonous, traitorous POS.
It's the "purpose" not a "limitation". The SCOTUS has already confirmed that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right independent of the purpose for securing it. In simple terms for folks like you this means that you have the right to keep and bear arms regardless of membership in a "well regulated militia".

Chambersburg, PA

#2358 May 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your "33,000" number isn't objective. It includes approx. 19,000 suicides (not a good thing, but nothing you can do about it. People who truly want to kill themself will ALWAYS find a way. Should we ban tall bridges, poison, medications, ropes, etc. as well?). It includes criminals killing other criminals (a good thing). It includes self-defense shootings by police and law-abiding citizens (also a good thing).
You can't bring yourself to blame what is responsible for these deaths....PEOPLE. You believe that taking away someone's TOOLS will change their behavior, which is FAR from reality.
And the treasonous POS would be the one who would disarm the general public in the name of public safety, which history has proven to be to the detriment of that society.
First, when you claim that people are trying to "disarm the general public" you are being dishonest and proving that you're more interested in overblown emotionalism than in a serious debate.

Second, your assertions about suicide are completely false.

Here are the facts:
60% of suicides are by firearm.
Most suicide attempts are impulsive - 90% deliberate for less than a day.
Suicide attempts by firearm is almost always successful - over 90%.
States with more guns have more suicides by gun - twice as many.
Where there has been more gun control, suicide rates have dropped.

Suicide is impulsive, so people who don't have the means usually don't carry it out. It is a false statement to say they will always find a way.

The fact remains - almost 33,000 people per year are killed with guns in the US and you don't think that's a problem. That says all anybody needs to know about your concern for the lives of your fellow citizens and the seriousness of your argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Safe carry 15 hr javawhey 18
News Secret sting operation by the GAO blows away th... Jan 12 Say What 3
News Malloy: Bump stocks should be banned in Connect... Jan 12 Say What 3
News NJ's new governor could sue feds over concealed... Jan 5 jimwildrickjr 2
News ATF Seeking Public Comment on Proposed Bump Sto... Jan 5 Say What 4
News Military must meet FBI database requirements Jan 4 Watchdog 4
News Exclusive: Springfield Armory .380 911 Pocket P... Jan 1 380Lover 1
More from around the web