Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
1,981 - 2,000 of 11,003 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
GunBlow1 could lose this job and be easily replaced by an app and be just as effective.
I wonder if his masters know that
They count on the mindless wingnut drones unquestioningly parroting all their talking points ad nauseum. They think if people hear the same thing over and over and over again, eventually they will believe it.

So they enlist the obedient gun-happy drones (like Storage Unit Davey here) who are only too happy to do their bidding.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. Storage Unit Dave is here every day trying to make that come true - even at the expense of over 30,000 of his fellow citizens' lives every single year. Treasonous, un-American POS!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one perversely attempting to overthrow our Constitution. >You< are, traitor-troll.
"If we destroyed that which had been done, we should destroy the volunteer system; because by taking away their arms, we destroy also the martial spirit which they were sure to engender. It was true, as had been said, that the States were so jealous of the preservation of this martial spirit, that after they had adopted the Constitution of the United States, as it now stood, they not satisfied until they had secured an amendment which provided "that the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." If we destroyed the militia system, we did not indeed take away of the right the people to bear arms, but we destroyed the inclination, the habit of wearing arms; and such was not his sentiment as to what ought to be condition of things in a country like ours. He believed that not only right, but the habit of wearing arms was essential to freemen, and to preservation of the liberty of freemen. This was the principle asserted the Constitution of the United States; and if we did away with this, the effect would be to destroy the principle and the feeling together."--Mr Scott, Oct. 23, 1837, PROCEEDINGS AND DEBATES OF THE CONVENTION Or THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, To PROPOSE AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION, COMMENCED AT HARRISBURG MAY 2, 1837. VOL. IV.(Page 100)]
tl:dr

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
"This is a most invaluable liberty guarantied to every American citizen. A people in the full enjoyment of the right of trial by jury, and all armed, are free, and cannot be reduced to slavery. In our country happily, the people are generally divided into opposing political parties of something like proximate numbers. All whether belonging to the party in power or the opposition, alike have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. The free exercise of this right is indispensable to the safety of those in opposition, and it is equally necessary to the preservation of the liberties of all."
- Senator Garrett Davis, Feb. 27, 1865,[THE CONGRESSIONAL GLOBE CONTAINING THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE SECOND SESSION OF THE THIRTY EIGHTH CONGRESS ALSO OF THE SPECIAL SESSION OF THE SENATE,(Pages 1133-34).]
Irrelevant and unresponsive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

THE GUN ABSOLUTIST COMMUNITY IS AMERICA'S CONTROLLING, ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND

This isn't about freedom, unless you define "freedom" as "the freedom to do what gun lovers want." This is gun lovers saying they love America, but insisting that America behave the way gunners want and think the way gunners want.

And HEY, America, are you checking out Senators Manchin and Toomey over there, you filthy slut?

The gunners are America's bad boyfriend.

http://nomoremister.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-...

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
Why do you insist on distorting the Constitution?
Why are you so disrespectful of the Constitution and its authors?
Why do you insist on forcing your own meaning onto the Constitution?
It's like you don't respect the document at all. It's like you're an un-American, treasonous POS who wants to undermine the safety and security of America for your own selfish purposes.
Why do you hate America so much? Why?
Actually it is YOU and your gun grabbing leftist pals who are attempting to FORCE your own meaning onto the constitution, it is YOU and your gun grabbing leftist pals who are disrespecting the constitution, and it is YOU and your treasonous gun grabbing leftist pals who are attempting to undermine safety and security of America for your own cowardly and selfish purposes. Do you always project your transgressions onto others?

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

<quoted text>

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it is YOU and your gun grabbing leftist pals who are attempting to FORCE your own meaning onto the constitution, it is YOU and your gun grabbing leftist pals who are disrespecting the constitution, and it is YOU and your treasonous gun grabbing leftist pals who are attempting to undermine safety and security of America for your own cowardly and selfish purposes. Do you always project your transgressions onto others?
Right. You support the ability of any and every person to have access to any and every weapon and as much ammo as they want under any conditions. And that results in the needless deaths of over 30,000 Americans every single year.

I want to prevent that. I want to save those lives. I want to preserve the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of all those dead Americans.

LOL! You're too much! You really shouldn't engage in Freudian projection WHILE you're accusing someone of projection.

Why do you hate America so much? WHY?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>tl:dr
ROFLMAO!

I'm absolutely convinced that is true. It's 100% true that a post of three words is too long for you to read, you poor, mentally handicapped baby.

LOL!

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

<quoted text>
They count on the mindless wingnut drones unquestioningly parroting all their talking points ad nauseum. They think if people hear the same thing over and over and over again, eventually they will believe it.
So they enlist the obedient gun-happy drones (like Storage Unit Davey here) who are only too happy to do their bidding.
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. Storage Unit Dave is here every day trying to make that come true - even at the expense of over 30,000 of his fellow citizens' lives every single year. Treasonous, un-American POS!
"It is expressly provided in the Constitution of the United States, that the States may provide for their own defence in times of imminent danger. We are bound by that Constitution and we have a right to defend ourselves in the way that is reserved in the Constitution of the United States; that is left to every State in the Union, unrestricted and in full force. He knew that the people of the United States had reserved the right of self defence; but the States have given up the right to keep ships of war or troops in time of peace. What he had said he took from the book, and he had not gone beyond that. The right of preparing for war is exclusively reserved to the Government of the United States, and the States cannot, for their own defence, keep ships of war or troops in time of peace. Now for the qualification of these remarks, he would refer to the amendment to the Constitution which had already been read as follows: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Why this was intended to convey to individuals certain personal rights. This is a personal right reserved to individuals to bear arms; this was adopted to grant to every man the shield of self defence."

- Mr. Walter Forward, Oct. 3, 1837 Pennsylvania Constitutional Convention.[THE CONVENTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA TO PROPOSE AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION COMMENCED AT HARRISBURG MAY 2 1837, VOL IV. Pages 96-97].

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
I'm absolutely convinced that is true. It's 100% true that a post of three words is too long for you to read, you poor, mentally handicapped baby.
LOL!
"That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as liberty], on which all the good and evil of life depends; is clearly my opinion; yet Arms...should be the last resort."-- George Washington, 1789 letter to George Mason.[The True George Washington, 10th Ed. By Paul Leicester Ford.]

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
GunBlow1 could lose this job and be easily replaced by an app and be just as effective.
I wonder if his masters know that
"It was, he said, a chimerical idea to suppose that a country like this could ever be enslaved. How is an army for that purpose to be obtained from the freemen of the United States? They certainly, said he, will know to what object it is to be applied. Is it possible, he asked, that an army could be raised for the purpose of enslaving themselves and their brethren? or, if raised, whether they could subdue a nation of freemen, who know how to prize liberty, and who have arms in their hands?"--The Hon. Mr.[Theodore] Sedgwick, Thursday January 24, 1788 DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION.[Elliots Debates Vol. 2]

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Right. You support the ability of any and every person to have access to any and every weapon and as much ammo as they want under any conditions. And that results in the needless deaths of over 30,000 Americans every single year.
I want to prevent that. I want to save those lives. I want to preserve the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of all those dead Americans.
LOL! You're too much! You really shouldn't engage in Freudian projection WHILE you're accusing someone of projection.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant and unresponsive.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant and unresponsive.
Oh look - two MORE words Squach [sic] doesn't know the meaning of.

It's like you WANT to look stupid. LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is expressly provided in the Constitution of the United States, that the States may provide for their own defence in times of imminent danger. We are bound by that Constitution and we have a right to defend ourselves in the way that is reserved in the Constitution of the United States; that is left to every State in the Union, unrestricted and in full force. He knew that the people of the United States had reserved the right of self defence; but the States have given up the right to keep ships of war or troops in time of peace. What he had said he took from the book, and he had not gone beyond that. The right of preparing for war is exclusively reserved to the Government of the United States, and the States cannot, for their own defence, keep ships of war or troops in time of peace. Now for the qualification of these remarks, he would refer to the amendment to the Constitution which had already been read as follows: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Why this was intended to convey to individuals certain personal rights. This is a personal right reserved to individuals to bear arms; this was adopted to grant to every man the shield of self defence."
- Mr. Walter Forward, Oct. 3, 1837 Pennsylvania Constitutional Convention.[THE CONVENTION OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA TO PROPOSE AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION COMMENCED AT HARRISBURG MAY 2 1837, VOL IV. Pages 96-97].
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with my post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as liberty], on which all the good and evil of life depends; is clearly my opinion; yet Arms...should be the last resort."-- George Washington, 1789 letter to George Mason.[The True George Washington, 10th Ed. By Paul Leicester Ford.]
Again, nothing to do with my point.

I'm starting to think you aren't capable of intelligent debate. That all you can do is paste irrelevant quotes because you can't muster a legitimate argument.

Oh wait. I already knew that. It's all you've done since you've come here.

LOL!

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Again, nothing to do with my point.
I'm starting to think you aren't capable of intelligent debate. That all you can do is paste irrelevant quotes because you can't muster a legitimate argument.
Oh wait. I already knew that. It's all you've done since you've come here.
LOL!
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

There's NOTHING to debate. You would know that if you had any intelligence at all.

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

Why don't you post the facts on how many lives are saved each year because of armed citizens? This time don't combine the lives taken by law enforcement. After you do this then come back with the facts...not your misleading BS.
More

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mutt vs Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you post the facts on how many lives are saved each year because of armed citizens? This time don't combine the lives taken by law enforcement. After you do this then come back with the facts...not your misleading BS.
myths

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••