Michelle Obama's 'Plan B' Gun Control Effort

May 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: American Thinker

Michelle attempted to paint that picture during with Lee Cowan on "CBS Sunday Morning," when she dredged up sob stories from her gun violence visit to Chicago last month.

Comments
341 - 350 of 350 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Dead School Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
:
Please support gun control!
Not a chance. If there were more of the people Constitutionally armed in this country, then you might still be alive.

Go talk with the cowardly and treasonous demonRats that passed all of the UNCONSTITUTIONAL 'gun control laws'. For it is they who are really responsible for your death.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
"The American fire has proved more deadly in battle than any other
The British came close to winning the War of 1812; as it was, it ended up as a draw.

They did more with fewer troops in most instances- they were better trained and better and faster shots.

Point of fact.

Putting aside you have never lifted a finger for this country.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Dead School Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
:
Please support gun control!
An affirmation of everything that the USA does not stand for.

Mao , Pol Pot , Stalin , Hitler and even Fidel as well as many other dictators would , very much , appreciate your remark.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The British came close to winning the War of 1812; as it was, it ended up as a draw.
They did more with fewer troops in most instances- they were better trained and better and faster shots.
Point of fact.
"The war of the revolution is known to have been in preparation for some years before the first blow was struck. In all the colonies, the topics of controversy were familiar to the youth, and in none more than in Virginia. The most temperate spirits in the land, looked to arms as the inevitable recourse; and by their writings, their speeches, their daily and familiar conversation, spread the preparatory temper around them. It was the retired soldier of Mount Vernon,[Ed. Note: George Washington], who in April 1769, thus wrote to his friend George Mason, who afterwards drafted the first constitution of Virginia: "At a time when our lordly masters in Great Britain will be satisfied with nothing less than a deprivation of American freedom, it seems highly necessary that something should be done to avert the stroke, and maintain the liberty which we have derived from our ancestors. But the manner of doing it, to answer the purpose effectually, is the point in question. That no man should scruple or hesitate a moment to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, is clearly my opinion."--Honourable Horace Binney, Sept. 25th, 1835 EULOGY ON JOHN MARSHALL.[HAZARD'S REGISTER OF PENNSYLVANIA. Vol. XVI..--No. 19 Philadelphia, November 7, 1835. No 409. Pg.290]

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Point of fact.
"Is it a fact that they had the liberties of their country within their grasp? that the troops then in command, even if led on by their illustrious chief, and backed by the apostates from the revolutionary cause, could have brought under the yoke the great body of their fellow-citizens, most of them with arms in their hands, no inconsiderable part fresh from the use of them, all inspired with rage at the fratricidal attempt, and not only guided by the federal head, but organized and animated by their local Governments, possessing the means of appealing to their interests as well as other motives, should such an appeal be required?"

- James Madison, Aug. 25th, 1825 letter to Henry Coleman.[LETTERS AND OTHER WRITINGS OF JAMES MADISON. FOURTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. IN FOUR VOLUMES. PUBLISHED BY ORDER OF CONGRESS. VOL. III. 1816-1828. PHILADELPHIA: J.B. LIPPINCOTT & CO. 1865. Pg. 495]
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...
Entire topix community: Well,theres fruit loops.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Had I voted against the bill, believing this modern doctrine, should have felt myself bound, as a consistent man, to have gone home and told my constituents that a proposition was made in Congress to relieve them from two millions of their burdens, which I had rejected with scorn, but that I had brought them the glorious remedy of nullification. I knew the temper of that people too well; I knew they were devotedly attached to the Union of these States, as the last hope of liberty upon earth, and that they were not inclined to jeopard it upon a doubtful point of political economy. Whenever sir, I persuade the people whom I represent, to resist the laws of this Government, it will be such resistance as freemen should make, with arms in their hands, and not a pettifogging chicanery through the courts."

- Mr. WILLIAM B. SHEPARD, Jan. 29, 1833, Speech in the U.S. House of Representatives on the Tariff Bill,[REGISTER OF DEBATES IN CONGRESS COMPRISING THE LEADING DEBATES AND INCIDENTS OF THE SECOND SESSION OF THE TWENTY-SECOND CONGRESS: TOGETHER WITH AN APPENDIX, CONTAINING IMPORTANT STATE PAPERS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS, AND THE LAWS, OF A PUBLIC NATURE, ENACTED DURING THE SESSION: WITH A COPIOUS INDEX TO THE WHOLE. VOLUME IX. WASHINGTON: PRINTED AND PUBLISHED BY GALES AND SEATON. 1833. Pg. 1440]

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
"In the intervals of toil their amusements consist chiefly of hunting and shooting, in the woods, or on the mountains; whence they acquire prodigious muscular activity and strength. We have no game laws, such as exist in Europe, to prohibit the possession and use of firearms to the great body of the people. Our boys carry a gun almost as soon as they can walk; and the habitual practice of shooting at a target, with the rifle, renders the Americans the most unerring marksmen, and the most deadly musketry in the world; as was singularly evidenced at Bunker's Hill, in the commencement of the revolutionary conflict, and at New-Orleans, at the close of the last war."

- John Bristed,[THE RESOURCES OF THE OF AMERICA; OR, A VIEW OF THE AGRICULTURAL, COMMERCIAL, MANUFACTURING, FINANCIAL, POLITICAL, LITERARY, MORAL AND RELIGIOUS CAPACITY AND CHARACTER or THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. BY JOHN BRISTED, COUNSELLOR AT LAW. AUTHOR OF THE RESOURCES OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE New-York: PUBLISHED BY JAMES EASTBURN & CO. AT THE LITERARY ROOMS, BROADWAY, CORNER OF PINE STREET. Abraham Paul, printer. 1818.]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••