Senate readies for historic gun debate

Apr 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

Days if not weeks of debate over one of the most emotionally and politically charged topics in America are set to kick off Tuesday, as a decades-shattering battle over U.S. gun laws comes to a head in the Senate.

Comments
241 - 255 of 255 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie, of course. Gun companies and magazines began calling them that back in the '80s or '90s, it made gun nuts feel all macho to have an "assault weapon" instead of a .223 with a plain ol' wooden stock.
ALL guns should be feared when in the hands of criminals and crazies. You're not a reasonale OR sane person, which is why you say such ridiculous things.
Like most libs you wouldn't know an assault weapon from your azzhole..... I,like MANY AR-15 owners,use mine for hunting deer and varmints. Unlike mentally deficient libs who aquire them to do mass shootings. Those are whom you should fear,your fellow mentally ill libs.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...that's your answer? Seriously?
They've got two men down in pursuit of these dangerous criminals, have killed one and have the other on the run, what do you want?
Ordinary citizens with a .38 in their back pocket couldn't catch a rabbit, much less a couple of dangerous terrorists.
Do you think that average, armed citizens are more effective than cops and FBI? Yes or no??
Then what are you afraid of? If ordinary citizens are nothing to fear? Why gun control? Are we more effective than the cops or FBI, in certain circumstances YES! The cops and FBI seem to arrive just in time to take down the report. Ever hear of safety in numbers? Our numbers aid in preventing alot of crimes. If perps don't know whether you are armed or not, they are less likely to attack you.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
We must rely on them, since no armed citizens were able to stop the two bombers from blowing up people at the race, right?
Or apprehend or kill the bad guys?
Or do much of anything?
This is the job we HIRE cops and the FBI for....to take changes, track down bad guys, bring them to justice. Guess that's something new to you, or is Alzheimer's getting the better of you?
Maybe if they had worn 'I'm a bomber sign on their back' it would have helped idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Like most libs you wouldn't know an assault weapon from your azzhole..... I,like MANY AR-15 owners,use mine for hunting deer and varmints. Unlike mentally deficient libs who aquire them to do mass shootings. Those are whom you should fear,your fellow mentally ill libs.
Aren't liberals and other terrorist varmints?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't get "welfare," idiot. "Welfare" is what you call government aid to everyone except rich people and corporations.
White House Correspondents' Dinner Less Hollywood This Year...another party, but still no citizens allowed………..

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Like most libs you wouldn't know an assault weapon from your azzhole..... I,like MANY AR-15 owners,use mine for hunting deer and varmints. Unlike mentally deficient libs [sic] who aquire them to do mass shootings. Those are whom you should fear,your fellow mentally ill libs.
So what you're basically admitting is that I'm right, just snarling with insane hatred while you're doing so.

Right? ;)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if they had worn 'I'm a bomber sign on their back' it would have helped idiot.
Or maybe sacks of s**t like you should shut the hell up and let the police and FBI DO THEIR JOBS, huh, asshat?

The only...no, the BIGGEST idiot here is you. Although you have MUCH competition from your buddies on the Right.
Gun Control Does Not Work

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

We have radical terrorist on the loose here and the prez is busy taking executive action on his background checks. To me it seems that the events in Boston are being underplayed by the White House.
Obama-Hoodwinked -YOU

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
We have radical terrorist on the loose here and the prez is busy taking executive action on his background checks. To me it seems that the events in Boston are being underplayed by the White House.
Agree, for 2 reasons.

1) The perps are Mooslims.

2) Firearms were not used in the attack.

3) Obama doesn't want to reduce focus on Sandy Hook and gun laws.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

The current Democrats are so stupid they will never understnd the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights much less fix anything. I am suprised they sober up enough to remember to clean themselve up. Most of them look pretty shabby.
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

The social libs are really trying to twist this one around.
Coming To America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Gun control only works in Russia. There the criminals, along with the police and military, are the only legal gun toters. The only problem with that picture is that now you can't recognize the criminal from the police or military.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
The current Democrats are so stupid they will never understnd the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights much less fix anything. I am suprised they sober up enough to remember to clean themselve up. Most of them look pretty shabby.
The Democrats who caved in look stupid as do the moderates in the GOP who had likewise.
80-90% of the American people believe that background check fit nicely with in the 'Well Regulated' portion of the second. The right has crammed it's version down America's throat . Usually there are electoral repercussions when the will of the vast majority is pushed aside.
Until very recently the second has been viewed as subjected to reasonable regulation.
The second uses the the wording "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state."
It sure sounds as if the founding fathers saw a role for private gun ownership within the context, of that rights regulated, existence is in fact supporting our Gov't.
The unrestricted unregulated interpretation has drifted far from the wording of the document.
Enjoy your victory.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
We must rely on them, since no armed citizens were able to stop the two bombers from blowing up people at the race, right?
Or apprehend or kill the bad guys?
Or do much of anything?
This is the job we HIRE cops and the FBI for....to take changes, track down bad guys, bring them to justice. Guess that's something new to you, or is Alzheimer's getting the better of you?
...... Are you naieve or just a young idealist? What we hire the cops and FBI to do? ROFLMAO!!! Try here in Ct. The crooked politicians break rules, laws, statutes, the whole deal on a proven level of felony. They then harrass those making the complaint to shut up. So I'm wondering how big is the crooked payroll here. Illegal dumping. money laundering, crooked road contracts and even a clean 100 million $$ literally walking out of the teachers retirement fund with the A.G. refusing to help. That's just a few highlights. The cops didn't stop them and the FBI never followed through on watching a terror suspect. Our Gov't has NOT been here to help or represent us for a long time now. If you were in N.Y.C. I bet you'd vote for Weiner!! You do realize he and wifey-poo are connected to Hillary at the hip? Look, it's Jew York City!!
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy is the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, google her history for more information.
Reid is currently setting the AGENDA of the United States Senate, his sons are a powerful K-Street law firm, they can also be googled.
No illegal guns were used in the Boston Marathon Bombing, but MSM is still asleep.
try: http://rt.com/news/chechnya-suspect-boston-bo...
....... Reid is the head of the Senate Judiciary Commitee and Blumenthal is a favorite of his. Blumenthal who is co-author of the anti-gun bill, who has robbed this state blind, who has a hand in declaring eminent domain for his buddy developers sake, who created a new electric supply monopoly, who handed David Golub 1/4 Billion $$ from Cts. tax coffers, ad nauseum...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••