States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 Full story: Reuters 5,070

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Full Story
ABs

Aiken, SC

#5852 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep insisting to debate your semi retarded idiocy!? How, and why, would anyone want to debate why people should not expect the Gov't to be providing military forces defending the country or the police looking out for law and order or the firemen putting out your house on fire or your saving int the bank are save and secure or people have safe drinking water or access to healthcare - I can go on with this all day long! You don't have a leg to stand on other than your misguided rightwing ideology BS - ye brainless moronic idiot!!
My oh my Frankie, you sure are redlining that whine machine today ol boi...lol...here's a dollar, by another string for your violin
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5853 Jul 9, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I support it and i am not even rightwing...anything you are opposed to it would only make good sense to support, francis...Logic 101
So here we have a guy who supports all-out-crazy rightwing ideas but is not even a rightwinger?? Well we have a very, very special winger here :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5854 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>You keep insisting to debate your semi retarded idiocy!? How, and why, would anyone want to debate why people should not expect the Gov't to be providing military forces defending the country or the police looking out for law and order or the firemen putting out your house on fire or your saving int the bank are save and secure or people have safe drinking water or access to healthcare - I can go on with this all day long! You don't have a leg to stand on other than your misguided rightwing ideology BS - ye brainless moronic idiot!!
Lol. I'm fine with military, police, and fire fighters. It's when you get to healthcare that I take issue. The government has no business running healthcare. The government has no right to force people to have healthcare. the government has no right to force people to pay for others' healthcare. Will you be happy when the government can go into your home and tell you what foods you can buy and eat, what fluids you can buy and drink, what medications you can buy and take, what toilet paper you can buy and use, or what tv stations you can tune onto and watch?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5855 Jul 9, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
My oh my Frankie, you sure are redlining that whine machine today ol boi...lol...here's a dollar, by another string for your violin
you can also tell that Frank goes by Spocko too.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5856 Jul 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I'm fine with military, police, and fire fighters. It's when you get to healthcare that I take issue. The government has no business running healthcare. The government has no right to force people to have healthcare. the government has no right to force people to pay for others' healthcare. Will you be happy when the government can go into your home and tell you what foods you can buy and eat, what fluids you can buy and drink, what medications you can buy and take, what toilet paper you can buy and use, or what tv stations you can tune onto and watch?
The Gov't is not running healthcare it regulates it so ALL have access - inform yourself please!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5857 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gov't is not running healthcare it regulates it so ALL have access - inform yourself please!
Extortion. Buy insurance or ELSE. Odd that the insurance companies have not complained. Oh thats right, they now have forced customers and rates didn't go down but went up. This is the same idea Hillary had when "Wild bill" was in office and could not sell the idea then. But now it's "agree with it or your racist". Of course those who made the law exempt themselves from the law. DUH, can't you at least get one thing right?

Location hidden

#5858 Jul 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Extortion. Buy insurance or ELSE. Odd that the insurance companies have not complained. Oh thats right, they now have forced customers and rates didn't go down but went up. This is the same idea Hillary had when "Wild bill" was in office and could not sell the idea then. But now it's "agree with it or your racist". Of course those who made the law exempt themselves from the law. DUH, can't you at least get one thing right?
Extortion it is and so is Pseudo Liberalism or known to some as Modern Liberalism.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5859 Jul 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Extortion. Buy insurance or ELSE. Odd that the insurance companies have not complained. Oh thats right, they now have forced customers and rates didn't go down but went up. This is the same idea Hillary had when "Wild bill" was in office and could not sell the idea then. But now it's "agree with it or your racist". Of course those who made the law exempt themselves from the law. DUH, can't you at least get one thing right?
The only republican ever to change the country for the better is T.R. and he was a progressive republican. Ronald Reagan is disqualified because he is the father of our massive deficit. The Roosevelt Republic which reigned for over half a century building institutions; creating a prosperous middle class; devising a strong sense of camaraderie among the population, and an honest work ethic. He introduced laws that regulated the workplace and provided some degree of social welfare. He established the FDA, the first government organization to regulate the quality of food and medicine products produced in factories, and passed laws regulating workplace safety and establishing a minimum wage. Where once physical things were made and sold has been replaced by a fictitious economy that exists on bogus credit ratings and mind-numbing consumption, a system that isolates individuals from what one might define as a decent society. In this process, the gap between rich and poor has become ever wider, and millions of US citizens who were once members of the middle class have now slid into a permanent state of poverty.

Location hidden

#5860 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>The Gov't is not running healthcare it regulates it so ALL have access - inform yourself please!
Keep telling yourself that. You really are that naive aren't you?

Location hidden

#5861 Jul 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Extortion. Buy insurance or ELSE. Odd that the insurance companies have not complained. Oh thats right, they now have forced customers and rates didn't go down but went up. This is the same idea Hillary had when "Wild bill" was in office and could not sell the idea then. But now it's "agree with it or your racist". Of course those who made the law exempt themselves from the law. DUH, can't you at least get one thing right?
Thank you!

Location hidden

#5862 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>The only republican ever to change the country for the better is T.R. and he was a progressive republican. Ronald Reagan is disqualified because he is the father of our massive deficit. The Roosevelt Republic which reigned for over half a century – building institutions; creating a prosperous middle class; devising a strong sense of camaraderie among the population, and an honest work ethic. He introduced laws that regulated the workplace and provided some degree of social welfare. He established the FDA, the first government organization to regulate the quality of food and medicine products produced in factories, and passed laws regulating workplace safety and establishing a minimum wage. Where once physical things were made and sold – has been replaced by a fictitious economy that exists on bogus credit ratings and mind-numbing consumption, a system that isolates individuals from what one might define as a decent society. In this process, the gap between rich and poor has become ever wider, and millions of US citizens who were once members of the middle class have now slid into a permanent state of poverty.
Lol, did you mean FDR and forget Abraham Lincoln?

Location hidden

#5863 Jul 9, 2013
Although, since Abe was assassinated before deporting liberated slaves, I guess you are correct in omitting him from Republicans to positively affect the US.

Location hidden

#5864 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing, it was Democrats too that were against the Idea that the Federal Government was allowed to regulate the Insurance Industry too under the US Constitution's commerce clause in 1944.

Location hidden

#5865 Jul 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, did you mean FDR and forget Abraham Lincoln?
Lincoln was progressive too and that is what the Republican Party was founded on Progressivism.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5866 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The only republican ever to change the country for the better is T.R. and he was a progressive republican. Ronald Reagan is disqualified because he is the father of our massive deficit. The Roosevelt Republic which reigned for over half a century building institutions; creating a prosperous middle class; devising a strong sense of camaraderie among the population, and an honest work ethic. He introduced laws that regulated the workplace and provided some degree of social welfare. He established the FDA, the first government organization to regulate the quality of food and medicine products produced in factories, and passed laws regulating workplace safety and establishing a minimum wage. Where once physical things were made and sold has been replaced by a fictitious economy that exists on bogus credit ratings and mind-numbing consumption, a system that isolates individuals from what one might define as a decent society. In this process, the gap between rich and poor has become ever wider, and millions of US citizens who were once members of the middle class have now slid into a permanent state of poverty.
Dodge the subject as always. Where did I say any politician was good? I don't recall endorsing any of them but they are not the subject you commented on. I believe you were telling everyone what a good job Obama was doing but then lost track. Staying on subject is a problem for you. Maybe some medication might help, may I recommend some education instead.
FormerParatroope r

Pico Rivera, CA

#5867 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blabbering is so way out on the fringes not even righwingers would support it, in fact, even rightwingers are smart enough to realize your crazy ideas are entirely based an fanatical ideology and can easily be dismissed with "real world" facts - go back to you cage moron!!
Well then, present your "real world" facts. Or are you an empty vessel?
FormerParatroope r

Portland, OR

#5868 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was the only President to leave office without a debt? Hint: Not Clinton.

What President has added the most in deficit spending? Hint: Not Reagan.

Are you that smart or do you need Google?

Location hidden

#5869 Jul 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing, it was Democrats too that were against the Idea that the Federal Government was allowed to regulate the Insurance Industry too under the US Constitution's commerce clause in 1944.
Nicely done!

Location hidden

#5870 Jul 9, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Lincoln was progressive too and that is what the Republican Party was founded on Progressivism.
I realize that. But many choose to forget, or simply do not know, Lincoln planned to deport liberated slaves after the war, but was assassinated before completing his plan. I feel that the US would be in much better shape had he completed his plan.
Many have accused me of being a Republican. I am not. Many have accused me of being a "Tea Bagger", I am not. I don't know that there is a party that fits my views completely.
I feel that slaves should have been liberated. I feel that they should have been deported. I feel that illegals today, should not be rewarded with amnesty. In fact, I think they should be banned from legal avenues for 10 years due to breaking immigration laws. I feel that legal immigration should be reformed and the background checks gun grabbers push for should be attached to immigration rather than gun purchases.
I am NOT politically correct, and make no excuses about it. Common sense should rule, not ill guided compassion, and ignorance.
I know you are a stickler for terminology such as pseudo liberal, pseudo conservative,... What would I be considered?

Location hidden

#5871 Jul 9, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Dodge the subject as always. Where did I say any politician was good? I don't recall endorsing any of them but they are not the subject you commented on. I believe you were telling everyone what a good job Obama was doing but then lost track. Staying on subject is a problem for you. Maybe some medication might help, may I recommend some education instead.
Precisely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 40 min Edmond Pulpo 12,052
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot Tue Independent1 4
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4