States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 Full story: Reuters 5,070

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4475 May 2, 2013
Gee wrote:
<quoted text>extending the background check to cover a gaping loophole is such a big burden!

You should be welcoming it!
That is your answer? Lmao! Deflection and avoidance is the liberal progressive trademark. Yes, it will be a burden! And a burden is an infringement! Just for starters, how do we pay for the extra man hours to process the additional background checks? more taxes! Who pays for the background checks on person to person gun sales? do you think its going to be done free, out of the kindness of hearts? No, that fee will be added to the price of the gun, which is what you want! Thank you for pointing all that out.
where

Pasadena, CA

#4476 May 2, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Yup! Poor little sheeple.
Mr. Obama has disdained the executive order label for “executive actions,” Mr. Mayer said. And he’s used that action to push his own policy on a variety of issues, from gun control to immigration to overseas drone strikes, The Hill reports.
For example, in 2011, the president put a stop to the deportation of thousands of illegal immigrants via a memo to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, The Hill reports.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
have you been - nothing new about executive orders.
Tax

Pasadena, CA

#4477 May 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your answer? Lmao! Deflection and avoidance is the liberal progressive trademark. Yes, it will be a burden! And a burden is an infringement! Just for starters, how do we pay for the extra man hours to process the additional background checks? more taxes! Who pays for the background checks on person to person gun sales? do you think its going to be done free, out of the kindness of hearts? No, that fee will be added to the price of the gun, which is what you want! Thank you for pointing all that out.
the idiots that promote personal arsenals that cause the problem. Happy to help.

Yes - everything is an infringement LOL.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4478 May 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Now, how do you make it more difficult for them to get them, without infringing the second amendment rights of the sane, law abiding, adults?
Sane adults don't insist they have a right to sell guns to strangers without a thorough background check.

What would make more sense is to make sure both the felon who buys the firearms and the azzwipes like yourself who insist you have the right to sell firearms without background in the same jail cell.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4479 May 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your answer? Lmao! Deflection and avoidance is the liberal progressive trademark.
I guess that would make you a liberal, dr-dungspreader.

What I like about making selling a firearm a felony, dr-dung: it would make further possession of firearms by people like you a felony.

We'd take away your toys.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#4480 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
Not quite, vile little treasonous troll:

Poll: Only Politicians And The Media Care About Gun Control And Immigration
by Noah Rothman | 8:06 pm, April 17th, 2013

Judging from the tone of the conversation in the media and inside the Beltway surrounding efforts to enact comprehensive immigration reform and stricter gun laws, one could be forgiven for assuming that either of these issues were legislative priority for Americans. Multiple polls have confirmed, however, that they are not. The latest, a Gallup poll, shows that only 4 percent of Americans view guns or gun control or immigration reform as a priority for lawmakers.

FOUR PERCENT, you empty-headed filthy little troll!

FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT

Take a hike, filth-troll.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#4481 May 2, 2013
another

Santa Fe, NM

#4482 May 2, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, vile little treasonous troll:
Poll: Only Politicians And The Media Care About Gun Control And Immigration
by Noah Rothman | 8:06 pm, April 17th, 2013
Judging from the tone of the conversation in the media and inside the Beltway surrounding efforts to enact comprehensive immigration reform and stricter gun laws, one could be forgiven for assuming that either of these issues were legislative priority for Americans. Multiple polls have confirmed, however, that they are not. The latest, a Gallup poll, shows that only 4 percent of Americans view guns or gun control or immigration reform as a priority for lawmakers.
FOUR PERCENT, you empty-headed filthy little troll!
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT FOUR PERCENT
Take a hike, filth-troll.
lie from the spammer

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4484 May 2, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, vile little treasonous troll:
Poll: Only Politicians And The Media Care About Gun Control
(Reuters)- More than 90 percent of U.S. voters supported background checks for all gun buyers, while much smaller majorities were for stricter gun control laws such as bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, said a poll released on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/07/us-...

Here: 91 percent, my little troll queen:

"Despite concerns about how information on gun owners might be used, 91 percent of registered voters support universal background checks, according to a new poll released on Thursday.

Only 8 percent of voters surveyed by Quinnipiac University's Polling Institute March 26 to April 1 stated opposition to universal background checks—something the White House, many Democrats in Congress and and gun-violence opponents are pushing in the wake of the December shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary
School in Newtown, Conn. In households with guns, 88 percent of respondents expressed support for checks."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/91-percent...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4485 May 2, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
The latest, a Gallup poll, shows that only 4 percent of Americans view guns or gun control or immigration reform as a priority for lawmakers.
Oh, poor little gay troll: didn't read the poll.

What the Gallo0p poll said was, spoogebreath, only four percent of Americans thought gun control was the *most* important.

Wipe your chin, GayDavy.

Putting aside the Gallop poll was of 1,005 Americans, and there are 310,000,000 Americans.

Hardly a representative sample, eh, troll?

Sound familiar?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#4486 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor little...
Jim Jones and the democratic party

The move of Peoples Temple headquarters to San Francisco in 1975 invigorated Jones' political career. After the Temple served an important role in the mayoral election victory of George Moscone in 1975, Moscone appointed Jones as the Chairman of the San Francisco Housing Authority Commission.[43]

Unlike most other figures deemed as cult leaders, Jones was able to gain public support and contact with prominent local and national United States politicians. For example, Jones and Moscone met privately with vice presidential candidate Walter Mondale on his campaign plane days before the 1976 election and Mondale publicly praised the Temple.[44][45] First Lady Rosalynn Carter also personally met with Jones on multiple occasions, corresponded with him about Cuba, and spoke with him at the grand opening of the San Francisco DEMOCRATIC Party Headquarters where Jones garnered louder applause than Mrs. Carter.[44][46][47]

In September 1977, Willie Brown served as master of ceremonies at a large testimonial dinner for Jones attended by Governor Jerry Brown and Lieutenant Governor Mervyn Dymally and other political figures.[48] At that dinner, while introducing Jones, Willie Brown stated "Let me present to you what you should see every day when you look in the mirror in the early morning hours.... Let me present to you a combination of Martin King, Angela Davis, Albert Einstein... Chairman Mao."[49] Harvey Milk, who spoke at political rallies at the Temple,[50] wrote to Jones after a visit to the Temple: "Rev Jim, It may take me many a day to come back down from the high that I reach today. I found something dear today. I found a sense of being that makes up for all the hours and energy placed in a fight. I found what you wanted me to find. I shall be back. For I can never leave."[51][52]

In his San Francisco Temple apartment, Jones hosted San Francisco radical political figures such as Angela Davis for discussions.[53] He spoke with friend and San Francisco Sun-Reporter publisher Dr. Carlton Goodlett about Jones' remorse regarding not being able to travel to socialist countries such as People's Republic of China and the Soviet Union, speculating that he could be Chief Dairyman of the Soviet Union.[54] After his criticisms caused increased tensions with the Nation of Islam, Jones spoke at a huge rally healing the rift between the two groups in the Los Angeles Convention Center attended by many of Jones' closest political acquaintances.[55]

While Jones forged media alliances with key columnists and others at the San Francisco Chronicle and other media outlets,[56] the move to San Francisco also brought increasing media scrutiny. After Chronicle reporter Marshall Kilduff encountered resistance to publishing an exposé, he brought his story to New West Magazine.[57]...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Vote demonrat and drink the kool-aid!

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#4487 May 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reuters)- More ....
Get in line for your kool-aid, troll.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4488 May 3, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
It's less shameful by far to take handouts than to constantly lie, smear, attack, and act hypocritically as you and your Rightie friends here do.
"Thinkers?" How would you know one if you met them? LOL
Less shameful to take a handout? Holy Cow, I always knew most people in the profession you espouse were leeches, but you outdo them. I asked you before to give examples of lies, smears, attacks, and acts that are hypocritical? What happened to that post?

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#4489 May 3, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! Deflection with misinformation from the king of willful ignorance!
Whining and insults aren't an answer, Dr. Dipstick. Try again.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#4490 May 3, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Less shameful to take a handout? Holy Cow, I always knew most people in the profession you espouse were leeches, but you outdo them. I asked you before to give examples of lies, smears, attacks, and acts that are hypocritical? What happened to that post?
Hilarious...I mean, do you really not READ your posts before posting them? Try it this once...see if you don't see the (unintentional?) irony in your own post.

Wow...too much.:)

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#4491 May 3, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Jones and the democratic party
The move of Peoples Temple headquarters to San Francisco in 1975 invigorated Jones' political career...>EDITED..../Jim_Jo nes
Vote demonrat and drink the kool-aid!
Lies and smears and false allegations, the hallmark of the modern GOPee, Teabagger Party, and noisy Rightedia.

You're all filth. Here's to you shooting each other with your "freedom weapons" and leaving the nation clean once again.
we dont

Pasadena, CA

#4492 May 3, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Less
I always knew most people in the profession you espouse were leeches,

?
need no education...

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#4493 May 3, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, vile little treasonous troll:
Poll: Only Politicians And The Media ....blah, blah, blah...troll.
Ninety percent or better support extended background checks, which the GOPee in the Senate obstructed and prevented from passing.

Why?

Dead schoolkids = Freedom, that's why.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#4494 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor little gay troll: didn't read the poll.
What the Gallo0p poll said was, spoogebreath, only four percent of Americans thought gun control was the *most* important.
Wipe your chin, GayDavy.
Putting aside the Gallop poll was of 1,005 Americans, and there are 310,000,000 Americans.
Hardly a representative sample, eh, troll?
Sound familiar?
Yes, this may not be the "MOST important" issue dear friend but it is to a lot of us, even those who have not had their kids and family slaughtered but care about the thousands who will be killed this year in the Land of the Second Amendment and the Home of the Gun.

Another fact which might be interesting to you gungnutters:

(Reuters)- More than 90 percent of U.S. voters supported background checks for all gun buyers, while much smaller majorities were for stricter gun control laws such as bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, said a poll released on Thursday.

The 90 percenter part is the important part.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#4495 May 3, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are calling criminals and the mentally ill, wingnuz, then you are correct. If, however, you are referring to law abiding citizens, why would the mix be bad and lethal?
“your guns must be in your hands, on your hips or in your gunsafe – no exceptions”
It's been proposed years ago by responsible gun owners, it's simple and it's very easy to understand but most importantly it's the single most effective thing we can do! Yet, f-ing loons like you can't even get behind something as simple and effectual as this - you sorry-ass gunloons have no shame or sense of community – just as long as you can play with your guns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion Line 2 hr positronium 133
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 3 hr emperorjohn 10,911
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) 4 hr Here Is One 107
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 8 hr Black Rhino 236
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 11 hr Jsm30 21
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 16 hr serfs up 91
Katy Burns: Locked and loaded - " and only 9 ye... Sun Here Is One 2
•••

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••