States with strict gun laws found to ...

States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

There are 5075 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 7, 2013, titled States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths. In it, Reuters reports that:

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4060 Apr 19, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Everythings a lie to your unless it's a line from the Simpsons.
Again, no rebuttal...which means you FAIL.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4061 Apr 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
"THA Professor" is totally stupidly wrong cause all he does is watch MSNBC and he believes them, LOL!!!
Jesus...you make Jimbo look almost SMART. I'd have thought that an impossibility!

LOL
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#4062 Apr 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no rebuttal...which means you FAIL.
He/she will get back to you as au contraire....oops...scratch that.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4067 Apr 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor, you are wrong therefore you must be a Liberal.
I guess you decided to skip over your last statement that the fuss over resin was because it was sent to Democrat senator and it turned out that you were proved wrong yet again.

You lie every time you blink.

Location hidden

#4068 Apr 19, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree
Great: the VAST majority of Americans- over 90 percent- want universal background checks.

And we will drown out the voice of the tiny minority who insist they have the right to sell weapons to anyone they please.

I am glad you understand.

Location hidden

#4069 Apr 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
"THA Professor" is totally
I guess you decided to skip over your last statement that the fuss over resin was because it was sent to Democrat senator and it turned out that you were proved wrong yet again.

He was a Republican.

You lie every time you blink.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4070 Apr 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great: the VAST majority of Americans- over 90 percent- want universal background checks.
And we will drown out the voice of the tiny minority who insist they have the right to sell weapons to anyone they please.
We have had background checks in place since 1993 because of the Democrats Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act they passed & Clinton signed into law in 1993 and its not stopping the Criminals which has been proven and Reid did exactly what I told you he would do water down the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 so it would fail which had to do more with just more than background checks that have been place since 1993 just look at all the amendments added that had nothing to do with background checks.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4071 Apr 19, 2013
Dear America,

F you and your duly elected representatives, and that g-d piece of paper you call the constitution.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-taking-action-gun...

Love,
Barry O
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4072 Apr 19, 2013
bareback2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? Who was asked? No one asked me or anyone I know. What was the line of questioning?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#4075 Apr 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Dear America,

F you and your duly elected representatives, and that g-d piece of paper you call the constitution.

Love,
Barry O
Liberals = Hate America First crow.

Thanks for being honest and taking your mask off, coming out of the hell hole you live in.

Most Liberals will hide their real hatred of America!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4076 Apr 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
another thing just look at the states that require Gun Show Background Checks they are the same states that have made the News for Gun Violence so why is that and they are Connecticut, Massachusetts, Colorado, Illinois, California, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, & Rhode Island.

Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checks for private firearms purchases at gun shows. Federal law only requires licensed dealers to do background checks at gun shows.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-just...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4078 Apr 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Dear America,
Love,
Barry O
Not his exact words, but I think that was Bush II. It was "just a piece of paper" as far as he was concerned.

Now, when did Mr. Obama say that, do you have a link?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4079 Apr 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals = Hate America First crow.
Thanks for being honest and taking your mask off, coming out of the hell hole you live in.
Most Liberals will hide their real hatred of America!!!
ROTFLMAO!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4080 Apr 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? Who was asked? No one asked me or anyone I know. What was the line of questioning?
Here are some sources, dingleberry:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

• Quinnipiac University poll, March 26-April 1, 2013. "Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?" Support: 91 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

• CBS News poll, March 20-24, 2013. "Would you favor or oppose background checks on all potential gun buyers?" Favor: 90 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#4081 Apr 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"This poll was conducted by telephone from January 11-15, 2013 among 1,110 adults nationwide." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5756438...

Not many in the group questioned. 1,110 is less than 0.000005% of the US Population. Getting 90% of the population to agree the sky is blue on a sunny day would be pushing it.

Why didn't any of the senators mention 90% of the calls they were getting supported the new and improved gun laws?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4082 Apr 19, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>"This poll was conducted by telephone from January 11-15, 2013 among 1,110 adults nationwide." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5756438...
Not many in the group questioned. 1,110 is less than 0.000005% of the US Population. Getting 90% of the population to agree the sky is blue on a sunny day would be pushing it.
Why didn't any of the senators mention 90% of the calls they were getting supported the new and improved gun laws?
Wow, you mean polls don't poll EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN?? I didn't know that, wow, you learn something every day, don't'cha?

LOL

Idiot. Of course polls are samples. And ALL the polls here suggest that 80-90% of the public supported the background checkes the SENATE REFUSED TO PASS.

The calls they were getting were no doubt from hysterical gun-nuts programmed by their NRA masters. The squeaky wheels got greased...
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4083 Apr 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you mean polls don't poll EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN?? I didn't know that, wow, you learn something every day, don't'cha?
LOL
Idiot. Of course polls are samples. And ALL the polls here suggest that 80-90% of the public supported the background checkes the SENATE REFUSED TO PASS.
The calls they were getting were no doubt from hysterical gun-nuts programmed by their NRA masters. The squeaky wheels got greased...
You'd like to think that. Sorry, dummy, most intelligent people see the agenda behind the question.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#4084 Apr 19, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>"This poll was conducted by telephone from January 11-15, 2013 among 1,110 adults nationwide." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-5756438...
Of course all of the calls were to the South Side of Chicago.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
-Mark Twain

Location hidden

#4085 Apr 19, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>We have had background checks in place since 1993
Nope.

Americans have not had universal background checks, AnalOriface.

We have a a weak requirement for some gun sellers to check their buyers for felony convictions.

Since felons know this loophole exists, they prefer to go to AnalOriface's like yourself who will turn a blind eye for a few bucks.

Location hidden

#4086 Apr 19, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>"This poll
I've already rattled off eight polls that show support for universal background checks to be above 88 percent.

I don't care if you want to ignore them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman plans to introduce national conceal... 10 min davy 54
News Why The Appointment Of Solicitor General Is Cri... 1 hr HORNEDFROG 1
News Trump nominee will politicize Dept. of Justice 8 hr FormerParatrooper 2
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... Fri Trump your President 56
News Big Law Firms Target Your Second Amendment Rights Fri Say What 1
News 'Miss Sloane': Bad behavior on Capitol Hill Fri Frogface Kate 1
News Mapping Reform: Where are Things Likely to Change? Dec 8 Scout1 1
More from around the web