States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Comments (Page 153)

Showing posts 3,041 - 3,060 of5,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE IT WITH ACTUAL FACTS, dolt:
"...Homicide rates like these show that something is broken, but it isnít broken among the Romney voters rushing to stock up on assault rifles every time Obama begins threatening their right to buy them; itís broken among OBAMAíS base...."
"...A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, itís 75%. In Milwaukee itís 77% percent. In New Orleans, itís 64%. In Baltimore, itís 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related...."
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/amer...
Topix Forum Link:
So, you repeat the same crapola, and think that's something new to the conversation?
It already WAS proven, did you read the article? They proved that the states with gun control laws had lower death rates from gun violence.
YES we have problems that lead to crime, and we've known for ages what they are--poverty, lack of jobs, lack of education, no opportunity...and it ALL exists because of the greed that's taken over our nation. The rich get richer, the poor get screwed. THAT is why crime is so high. The idea that just "lock 'em up" will fix the problem is idiocy, we already lock up far too many people and all it's done is make the problem worse.

And as for your racist bullshit that gang members are "Obama's base," it's a flat out lie. You neglect to mention that most of the VICTIMS are black.

We have a gang problem, and a gun problem. And one makes the other much worse. But the sick greed of the GOP (and too much of the Dems) means the problem's very unlikely to be seriously addressed. Maybe we'll wake up before it's too late.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole state is entirely NUTS, you mean. Personally, I'd love to cede it to Mexico, although it'd probably bring down their national IQ.
See this for some facts about your nutjob state, loon:
http://harpers.org/archive/2010/07/tea-party-...
Or how about a picture of your loony governor attacking the President? Lucky the SS didn't take her down right there:
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/stor...
LOL!
BS 16 yr.old, What are you talking about? Attack the President? Just because she told him to his face what his Horse Sh** policies, were doing to her state, that's attacking.....Get a life, or better yet, study for your government test in Sophomore class tomorrow...

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What state are you from, dumbass?
F--- off, drooler. No one's interested in your content-free, whiney little posts. No one's going to jump up and bark out answers to your nosy questions, either.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
CHOKE ON IT:
America Doesnít Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem
"Chicagoís murder numbers have hit that magic 500. Baltimoreís murder toll has passed 200. In Philly, itís up to 324, the highest since 2007. In Detroit, itís approaching 400, another record. In New Orleans, itís almost at 200. New York City is down to 414 from 508. In Los Angeles, itís over 500. In St. Louis itís 113 and 130 in Oakland. Itís 121 in Memphis and 76 in Birmingham.
"Washington, D.C., home of the boys and girls who can solve it all, is nearing its own big 100.
"Those 12 cities alone account for nearly 3,200 dead and nearly a quarter of all murders in the United States. And we havenít even visited sunny Atlanta or chilly Cleveland...."
"...Homicide rates like these show that something is broken, but it isnít broken among the Romney voters rushing to stock up on assault rifles every time Obama begins threatening their right to buy them; itís broken among OBAMAíS base...."
"...A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, itís 75%. In Milwaukee itís 77% percent. In New Orleans, itís 64%. In Baltimore, itís 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related...."
Topix Forum Link:
Not only does that have NOTHING to do with my post, it disproves your OWN contention that America doesn't have a gun problem, you blathering, raving, jabbering right-wing ignoramus.

Now sit the F--K down and shut up before you have a stroke, not that I'd care.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE IT WITH ACTUAL FACTS, dolt:
Topix Forum Link:
BTW, a couple of problems with your posts:

When you reject other people's offered proofs and links, then post ridiculous, extremist links like those above to 'FrontPageRag' and similar sources, it makes you look foolish and hypocritical.

When you repeatedly post irrelevant, offtopic "answers" to the same post or poster, you look like an idiot.

When you scream in peoples' faces, using every insult in the book to attack, attack, attack without offering intelligent or factual arguments, you look like a laughable, blustering loon.

I know you don't care and will keep posting the same way, because you're worthless. But don't say no one told you, asshat.

'Kay?:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>BS 16 yr.old, What are you talking about? Attack the President? Just because she told him to his face what his Horse Sh** policies, were doing to her state, that's attacking.....Get a life, or better yet, study for your government test in Sophomore class tomorrow...
No, here's how it works, hypocritical fool:

When a governor comes out to greet the President (no matter what their respective political parties), he or she shows dignity, grace, and class and acts like an adult - like someone who's been there a few times and knows how to act in public.

If they have issues with the President, they save those for later, preferably private discussion. There, they can be as heated as they wish within the normal, polite bounds of political dispute.

What they DON'T do is come running out waving a piece of paper, shrieking at the President like an angry fishwife demanding payment of a bill. Adult LEADERS simply DON'T ACT THAT WAY IN PUBLIC.

Now, I know you're clueless and classless (and have never seen the inside of a college classroom), so I'm not surprised you don't know this, but that's how its done. ANYONE else acting like that toward the President would've been taken to the ground by the Secret Service first, and questioned later. ANYONE else.

FYI, tool.
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
America Doesnít Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem
Yes, we have a gang problem and yes we have a GUN PROBLEM.

Were the latest killers in our recent massacres members of gangs? I must have missed that part of the news?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
F--- off, drooler. No one's interested in your content-free, whiney little posts. No one's going to jump up and bark out answers to your nosy questions, either.
Your pet rock called, he said you were making the other rocks laugh at him.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we have a gang problem and yes we have a GUN PROBLEM.
Were the latest killers in our recent massacres members of gangs? I must have missed that part of the news?
You missed the most importantant part, the constitution. Why don't you and Obama call for a constitutional convention.......where every state counts as one vote?

The Manchin-Toomey proposal, though, is causing other concerns about the process -- the fact that the underlying bill which senators are considering is expected to change substantively from its current form. Many senators opposing Thursday's vote have cited the fact they don't even know what it is they are voting on.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2013/04/11/...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Not only does that have NOTHING to do with my post, it disproves your OWN contention that America doesn't have a gun problem, you blathering, raving, jabbering right-wing ignoramus.

Now sit the F--K down and shut up before you have a stroke, not that I'd care.
Really? What make, model, caliber, and serial number are the:
Almighty Black P. Stone Nation
Almighty Vice Lord Nation
Gangster Disciples
Black Disciples
Black Guerilla Family
Bloods
Bounty Hunter Bloods
Piru Street Boys
The Council
Sex Money Murda
United Blood Nation
Crips
East Nashville Crips
Grape Street Watts Crips
Rollin 60 Neighborhood Crips
Venice Shoreline Crips
D.C. Blacks
Four Corner Hustlers
Hidden Valley Kings
Jamaican Posse
KUMI 415
Mickey Cobras
Obama Boyz[1]
Philadelphia Black Mafia
Zoe Pound Gang
18th Street gang (Mexican)
Association √Ďeta (Puerto Rican)
Barrio Azteca (Mexican)
Cali Cartel (Colombian)
Dominicans Don't Play (Dominican)
Fresno Bulldogs (Mexican)
Ghetto Brothers (Puerto Rican)
Gulf Cartel (Mexican)
Jheri Curls (Dominican)
Ju√°rez Cartel (Mexican)
La Raza Nation (Mexican)
Latin Eagles (Puerto Rican)
Latin Kings (Puerto Rican)
Los Zetas (Mexican)
Mara Salvatrucha (Salvadoran)
Maniac Latin Disciples (Puerto Rican)
Medellín Cartel (Colombian)
Mexican Mafia (Mexican)
MS-13 (Salvadoran)
Norte√Īos (Mexican)
Puro Tango Blast (Mexican)
Sinaloa Cartel (Mexican)
Spanish Gangster Disciples (Mexican)
Sure√Īos (Mexican)
38th Street Gang
The Avenues
Clanton 14
Culver City Boys 13
El Monte Flores 13
Tooner Ville Rifa 13
Varrio Nuevo Estrada
Santa Monica 13
Tijuana Cartel (Mexican)
Trinitarios (Dominican)
Bandidos
The Breed MC
Brother Speed
Chosen Few MC
Devils Diciples
Diablos
East Bay Dragons MC
Free Souls
Gypsy Joker Motorcycle Club
Hells Angels
Highwaymen Motorcycle Club
Iron Horsemen
Mongols
Outlaws Motorcycle Club
Pagans Motorcycle Club
Sons of Silence
Vagos Motorcycle Club
Warlocks Motorcycle Club ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, a couple of problems with your posts:

When you reject other people's offered proofs and links, then post ridiculous, extremist links like those above to 'FrontPageRag' and similar sources, it makes you look foolish and hypocritical.

When you repeatedly post irrelevant, offtopic "answers" to the same post or poster, you look like an idiot.

When you scream in peoples' faces, using every insult in the book to attack, attack, attack without offering intelligent or factual arguments, you look like a laughable, blustering loon.

I know you don't care and will keep posting the same way, because you're worthless. But don't say no one told you, asshat.

'Kay?:)
Translation:
When you see through my liberal propaganda, and post true facts, I'm gonna call you names and try to discredit your proof.

When you continue to offer alternative reasons for the problem being discussed, I'm going to say you post irrelevant off topic subject matter and call you names again.

Just in case my other methods do not work, I'm going to project what I do, onto you.

I know I'm not going to force my liberal propaganda on you, but at least I can insult you and maybe sway some not so smart reader that is on the fence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we have a gang problem and yes we have a GUN PROBLEM.

No, they were mentally ill. Did he say the gang problem was the only problem? We also have a people with mental illness problem, and a lack of suitable punishment for criminals, problem.

We do NOT have a gun problem anymore than we have a blunt object, knife, bow a d arrow, swimming pool, automobile, or atv problem.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
It thinks, despite topix nomenclature, that every moniker is an alias since nobody uses their real name.
You already proved you don't know what 'alias' means, Dr-Dumbazz when you announced you didn't use one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, you treasonous freak.
You are lucky to have dodged the draft- being gay no longer gets you out.

Eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! She/he/it also allows for the actual FACTS
You find a copy of the real Constitution yet, DOLT?

You know... the one with more than two dozen words?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Hitler, Mao, and Stalin came to power because of people just like >you<..
Actually, no, dolt, they didn't, and Hitler would have been nominated for president by the Tea Party had he been available, though most tea baggers are a little more right wing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
Where at least 56 million people were SLAUGHTERED as a direct result of 'gun control'.
Ummm... sure.

PS:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Courtís opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Millerís holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those ďin common use at the timeĒ finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
this century

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Translation: DR-Deflection cannot refute any (zero) arguments others put forward so is stuck making up his own "translation" of things no one has said.

He isn't so good when people lay down in front of him actual facts.

Such as the fact that 90 percent of Americans support universal background checks.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, here's how it works, hypocritical fool:
When a governor comes out to greet the President (no matter what their respective political parties), he or she shows dignity, grace, and class and acts like an adult - like someone who's been there a few times and knows how to act in public.
If they have issues with the President, they save those for later, preferably private discussion. There, they can be as heated as they wish within the normal, polite bounds of political dispute.
What they DON'T do is come running out waving a piece of paper, shrieking at the President like an angry fishwife demanding payment of a bill. Adult LEADERS simply DON'T ACT THAT WAY IN PUBLIC.
Now, I know you're clueless and classless (and have never seen the inside of a college classroom), so I'm not surprised you don't know this, but that's how its done. ANYONE else acting like that toward the President would've been taken to the ground by the Secret Service first, and questioned later. ANYONE else.
FYI, tool.
Your entire post is horsehockey, but let's for yuks and grins take it apart. She showed just as much respect, as he had shown her in the past. He isn't God, much as he thinks he walks on water, and could part the Red Sea. I've chaired and participated in more discussions in college classrooms than you will ever set foot in. So as far as what you know, is a heck of a lot less, than what you actually try to post and have people believe. You are a Lil Boie not dry behind the ears, who thinks the Sun rises and sets around him alone. Grow up...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
I've chaired and participated in more discussions in college classrooms than you will ever set foot
Of course you have, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,041 - 3,060 of5,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••