States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Comments (Page 110)

Showing posts 2,181 - 2,200 of5,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Why not ?
There's no need for such dangerous weapons, obviously.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
lol! Gotta love it....
Man shoots tree, tree fires back
By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 4 hrs ago
Fallen trees have long been a risk but trees themselves rarely return gunfire (AP)Using a tree for target practice sounds harmless enough, right? That wasn't the case for an Iowa man who is recovering at a hospital after the tree he aimed his gun at fired back.
No, this isn’t an April Fools’ Day prank playing on the much-maligned M. Night Shyamalan film “The Happening.”
An Iowa man is expected to survive but will have one heck of a story to tell after he fired his pistol at a tree only to have the shot richochet and impact upon himself....
Some funny comments...I liked 'guns don't shoot people, trees shoot people.'

:)

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

food for thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to clarify your 32,000 number by explaining that suicides by gun and gang style shootings.
And I would like to clarify your vehicle fatalities to say it includes homicides, suicides, drunk driving, driving through fog, and persons driving red cars.

Hmmm... all fatalities killed in vehicle are counted... hmmm and all fatalities killed with guns are counted...

Oh I see how it works...English language.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="food for thought"STATISTICS LIE AND LIARS USE STATISTICS TO BOLSTER THEIR LAME OPINIONS.[/QUOTE]

Got it.

Pro-gun gnutters can make up numbers, and scream "prove it!" -when the 90 percent of Americans use stats- like 90 percent of Americans want background checks- the ten percent can say "liars! liars! stats! WAHHHHHH!"

Vehicle deaths are going down. Gun deaths are going up. The number of people who kill with guns will pass the vehicle deaths by 2015.

WAHHHHH! WAHHH! MOMMY! FACTS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some good places to throow your hate on;
Free Gun Program Plans To Expand To North Texas
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/01/free-guns-...
Georgia town passes law requiring residents to own guns
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/02/us-...
Go rant and rave there and have a blast!
Both are utterly irresponsible, and the second one should be considered illegal and hopefully will be struck down in court.

Of course all those rightie gun-nuts who hate Obamacare will support forced ownership of guns, hypocrites that they are...:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

food for thought wrote:
P.S. What does it matter one car at a time when cars still kill way more people than guns every year.
Will it matter when guns kill more than cars?

No- you'll come up with another excuse.

PS: Seat belts have save somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,00 lives. They save lives because laws were created to make manufacturers put them in cars and require people to use them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
I do however have the right to self defense in whatever means I see fit to meet the threat against me including guns or any other means I might have at hand that does not involve harming innocent bystanders like a Nuke.
A) You don't
B) Guns harm innocent bystanders all the time.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A) You don't
B) Guns harm innocent bystanders all the time.
You are very ignorant of the law... No biggy you are ignorant of most everything, except knowing how to slip into your flip-flops and meander to the welfare office. Oh yeah, and post drivel on topix.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR! Cars are responsible for millions of deaths. Directly by the operation of the driver,(drunk driving, distracted driving, road rage, ect. ect.) Then indirectly. Car jackings where the owner is killed just for the glorification of a car. Then of course the creation of the massive oil industry which would not exist except for cars. The massive pollution spewed from the millions of cars cause massive heath problems and yes deaths. The massive cancer risk involved in just the exposure to oil products related to cars including innocent non car owners or drivers, including children who must inhale the carcinogen packed exhaust. Then of course the massive death count from wars over oil. ALL because of cars. Now back to the other lie. Car ownership or driving is not a PRIVILEGE. The operation of it on government built roads is a privilege but no where else is a license or registration required. Now own to the next lie. The founding fathers just like us saw everyday advances in every aspect of their lives INCLUDING weapons. Do you not think that major advances will continue 200 years from now? Do you not realize that weapons will continue to advance even to the point you can not conceive in this point in history? You do realize their term was "ARMS" not firearms. They did not limit their acknowledgement of a right to be limited. Man had the right to self defense before firearms and that right will still exist after firearms as you know them are made obsolete by some other weapon. Notice the right of a free press is not limited to quill and paper. If some in the press lie should that right be removed from ALL the press? If some people use free speech to mislead the public should the right be removed from all in fear of the abuse of a few? Remember the founding fathers just acknowledged the rights, not created them. The Bill of Right is just a list of important ones but by no means is the limit of them. The SCOTUS like everyone else can have an opinion but that in no way grants them the power to make law or infringe on the Constitution, even the parts they personally don't like.
Quite an argument there Forrest who came up with it your five year old - oh you heard it on FAUX News?
Just one question: Which part of "The predatory gun industry is the only unregulated manufacturer of a consumer product that is specifically made to kill"?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Some funny comments...I liked 'guns don't shoot people, trees shoot people.'
:)
And now, there's proof!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You are very ignorant of the law... No biggy you are ignorant of most everything, except knowing how to slip into your flip-flops and meander to the welfare office. Oh yeah, and post drivel on topix.
lol! This coming from the idiot who keeps slipping on the Constitution!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read my little troll..........
I never claimed it is a law library.........The site claims it is..........ROTFLMAO
But nice spin spin spin
lol! Your word against your word.

I guess you keep going 'round n 'round.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people understand it perfectly........
Only the animals don't.......
lol! And yet, even you can't explain it.

Guess you must be an animal too.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Save the kids by banning guns, the abortion 3,200 of them a day in abortion clinics. Anti-gun laws are not about saving kids or saving anyone and such double talk by the left proves how psycho they are.

Conn. might get their laws, but they'll be the only state to do it which will only make them as much of a joke as Obama on enforcing immigration laws.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes animals like you also love car crashes and train wrecks........
Then you must be in them chief pink panties.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
Save the kids by banning guns, the abortion 3,200 of them a day in abortion clinics. Anti-gun laws are not about saving kids or saving anyone and such double talk by the left proves how psycho they are.
Conn. might get their laws, but they'll be the only state to do it which will only make them as much of a joke as Obama on enforcing immigration laws.
The responsible and law-abiding gun owner is only that ... until he is not!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No private citizen should have automatic weapons under any circumstances.
Connecticut moves toward sweeping gun laws...

State to decide who can buy guns, ammunition...

More than 100 weapon types banned...

CA lawmakers consider regulating, taxing ammo...

Dems propose $10,000 fine for insuranceless gun owners...

.....and liberals say they are not attacking the second amendment.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No weapon is dangerous..........There is potential for danger.....
Again I assume you are a female......
You are potentially able to be a prostitute..........Does that make you one????
Wow, where to start with such stupid comments?

No, I do not happen to be female...and how are prostitutes comparable to guns? Humans make decisions...guns are used by humans. Not remotely comparable.

ALL weapons are dangerous or they wouldn't be called weapons. Saying they have only a "potential" for danger is evasive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The responsible and law-abiding gun owner is only that ... until he is not!
Or until they become a patriot and a sons of liberty.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter that cars kill more than guns do now???
...EDITED....
No, not when guns are being discussed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,181 - 2,200 of5,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••