Let Women Carry Concealed Firearms on...

Let Women Carry Concealed Firearms on Campus

There are 75 comments on the Free Republic story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Let Women Carry Concealed Firearms on Campus. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Women should be allowed to carry concealed firearms on college campuses. Instead, President Obama favors Gun Free Zones, which endanger women's health.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#1 Jan 27, 2014
Both mean and women have the Constitutionally SECURED right to keep and bear arms EVERYWHERE on American soil:

"...For if they were so received, and entitled to the privileges and immunities of citizens, it would exempt them from the operation of the special laws and from the police regulations which they considered to be necessary for their own safety. It would give to persons of the negro race, who were recognized as citizens in any one State of the Union, the right to enter every other State whenever they pleased, singly or in companies, without pass or passport, and without obstruction, to sojourn there as long as they pleased, to go where they pleased at every hour of the day or night without molestation, unless they committed some violation of law for which a white man would be punished; and it would give them the full liberty of speech in public and in private upon all subjects upon which its own citizens might speak; to hold public meetings upon political affairs, and to keep and carry arms wherever they went...."

"...The Territory being a part of the United States, the Government and the citizen both enter it under the authority of the Constitution, with their respective rights defined and marked out; and the Federal Government [60 U.S. 393, 450] can exercise no power over his person or property, beyond what that instrument confers, nor lawfully deny any right which it has reserved.

"A reference to a few of the provisions of the Constitution will illustrate this proposition.

"For example, no one, we presume, will contend that Congress can make any law in a Territory respecting the establishment of religion, or the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people of the Territory peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for the redress of grievances.

"Nor can Congress deny to the people the right to keep and bear arms, nor the right to trial by jury, nor compel any one to be a witness against himself in a criminal proceeding.

"These powers, and others, in relation to rights of person, which it is not necessary here to enumerate, are, in express and positive terms, denied to the General Government; and the rights of private property have been guarded with equal care...."--Mr. Chief Justice TANEY, U.S. Supreme Court, Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393 (1856).

There are no 'gun free zones' in America. Our hired servants are LYING to We The People. And are VIOLATING our rights. We The People need to REMOVE these traitors from among us. And PUNISH them for their treason.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2 Jan 27, 2014
Women aren't the only people attacked on college campuses.

Southeast Virginia

#6 Jan 28, 2014
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>
" There you go again " - Ronald Reagan
You are a voice of reason in the insane world of Topix.
{hat-tip}

How ya doin', WIMA?
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#7 Jan 28, 2014
Oh good gawd.........Oh yea so a scared women freaks when someone just walks up to say hi and pulls there gun and kills them. It takes years of training to make a cop and soldier know when to shoot or not to shoot. No silly college girl will know when is right time. The idea of nervous scared people with guns should make anyone concerned for innocent lives.

Southeast Virginia

#8 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Oh good gawd.........Oh yea so a scared women freaks when someone just walks up to say hi and pulls there gun and kills them. It takes years of training to make a cop and soldier know when to shoot or not to shoot. No silly college girl will know when is right time. The idea of nervous scared people with guns should make anyone concerned for innocent lives.
You REALLY need to do a little research into how many women (and men) are attacked on or near college campuses every year. Be prepared for an eye-opener.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#10 Jan 28, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You REALLY need to do a little research into how many women (and men) are attacked on or near college campuses every year. Be prepared for an eye-opener.
Oh I know a lot of filthy pervs attack women and men. I say some trained armed guards would be good. But untrained scared nervous people with guns will be bad.,

Years ago I saw a lady drop something I went picked it up and went to return it to her. I tapped her on her shoulder and said mam you dropped this. She swung around wild eyed and had a gun pulled. If I had not ducked real fast I would have been shot she fired the gun and hit a passing car. No one was hurt or hit but could have been.

NOT EVERYONE CAN HANDLE A GUN/.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know a lot of filthy pervs attack women and men. I say some trained armed guards would be good. But untrained scared nervous people with guns will be bad.,
Years ago I saw a lady drop something I went picked it up and went to return it to her. I tapped her on her shoulder and said mam you dropped this. She swung around wild eyed and had a gun pulled. If I had not ducked real fast I would have been shot she fired the gun and hit a passing car. No one was hurt or hit but could have been.
Did you learn to keep your hands to yourself?

Southeast Virginia

#12 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
someone must have really korn holed you bad.....
How long do you think Topix wil let you keep ^this^ alias????

Southeast Virginia

#13 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
More perverted sexually deviant fantasies from you. Typical.

Southeast Virginia

#14 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
And are you willing to put up the money for everyone to have there own personal bodyguard??? Didn't think so.

And it is not up to YOU to determine what people can or can't handle. It is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#16 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
I've been on the range with both police and soldiers. And I've trained women that can out-shoot them in ONE lesson. Woman are generally far more cool under pressure than men. Especially if it involves their children.

As usual you have NOTHING but cowardly and treasonous CONJECTURE.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#17 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
how long you been a re-tard? how many generations or do you even care?
Why do you talk to yourself in public? Is t the medications you are on, filth-troll?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#18 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
No freak, that's just another one of your vile projections.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#19 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the WHOLE BODY of PEOPLE always POSSESS ARMS, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them."--Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 53 (1788).[Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 [Univ. of Alabama Press,1975]

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

Take a hike, you cowardly shrill LIEberal demonrat.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#20 Jan 28, 2014
Paranoia continues -and the world continues to laugh ...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#22 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
2ndamrightard is exercising his right to be stupid... it is in the bill of rights...
John Kerry and the Right to be Stupid
Our new Secretary of State, John Kerry, thinks that the right to be stupid is part of the Bill of Rights.
Right back to stuck on stupid mode. You really are a pathetic azzhat.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#23 Jan 28, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And are you willing to put up the money for everyone to have there own personal bodyguard??? Didn't think so.
And it is not up to YOU to determine what people can or can't handle. It is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
So would you vote for the chair for a women who kills an innocent? When guns are everywhere and many people die will you support death penalty for those who kill without a cause???

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#24 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
So would you vote for the chair for a women who kills an innocent? When guns are everywhere and many people die will you support death penalty for those who kill without a cause???
Murder is ALREADY against the law, you spineless coward.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#25 Jan 28, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is ALREADY against the law, you spineless coward.
So you must have been mad when Zimmerman got away with murdering Trayvon...

Southeast Virginia

#26 Jan 28, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....there's a loaded question. But sure...I'll bite.

If you are talking about abortion, except in cases of rape or incest, I am against it with every fiber of my body.(personal opinion........your mileage may vary)

As far as people who murder innocents purposely, they deserve nothing less than the death penalty. I am a FIRM believer in making the punishment fit the crime. You murder someone in cold blood......you have just forfeited your right to the rest of your life.....period. It's called JUSTICE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 3 hr Harry Paratestes 1,587
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 5 hr WasteWater 1,165
News Legislators criticize Healey's assault weapons ... Wed Get Out 6
News A Powerful and Pragmatic Approach to Criminal J... Wed Enough Already 1
News Pam Frampton: America: shot through the heart, ... Jul 27 Watchdog 1
News Letter: Second Amendment should be abolished Jul 23 Prep-for-Dep 6
News AG Healey's assault weapons order is an overdue... Jul 23 Get Out 3
More from around the web