A man was shot for texting at a movie...

A man was shot for texting at a movie. This isn't an anomaly in America

There are 1031 comments on the The Raw Story story from Jan 17, 2014, titled A man was shot for texting at a movie. This isn't an anomaly in America. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

The spontaneous shooting of a father over some texting and tossed popcorn had barely grabbed our attention when the headlines came about the even more horrific crime in New Mexico .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1306 Apr 1, 2014
tossed popcorn wrote:
Egyptian Islamists Murder Young Christian,
Six million more and the Islamists will catch up with the Christians in WWII.

Location hidden

#1309 Apr 2, 2014
Oh... if you want to mention the Crusades you can...

So if we are caught up here we have history that indicates that people of one religion often kill people of another religion, and that any religion of any significance can be shown to have killed others.

Geez!

My head is swimming!

Next, you'll be telling me people inside the same religion will be killing each other for perceived differences within the same religion!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1311 Apr 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
Next, you'll be telling me people inside the same religion will be killing each other for perceived differences within the same religion!
Already happening.

Location hidden

#1312 Apr 3, 2014
Gosh.. no kidding?

Like the Protestant Reformation?

Location hidden

#1314 Apr 5, 2014
Or the Amish.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#1318 Apr 10, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you posted this in another thread, it was quickly removed.
I guess the mods don't want that story to be known.
Thanks for sharing.
:^`D
Why would anybody not want that story to be known? That's an illogical conclusion.
Independent

United States

#1321 Apr 10, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Why would anybody not want that story to be known? That's an illogical conclusion.
Well then, Dan, how about you share your "logical" conclusion as to why the post was removed.

:^`P

Chambersburg, PA

#1322 Apr 10, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, Dan, how about you share your "logical" conclusion as to why the post was removed.
My guess would be because that particular poster from Chambersburg has been banned by Topix. EVERYTHING he/she/it has posted since November has been deleted, regardless of the actual content of the posts.
Independent

United States

#1327 Apr 10, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
EVERYTHING he/she/it has posted since November has been deleted, regardless of the actual content of the posts.
Since the post I replied to (#1315) of theirs is still standing, I would say your guess has no more logic than my guess.

Chambersburg, PA

#1328 Apr 11, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the post I replied to (#1315) of theirs is still standing, I would say your guess has no more logic than my guess.
That's not the same poster. You confused a poster from Virginia Beach with a poster from Chambersburg.
Artistry

Austin, TX

#1330 Apr 11, 2014
Kentucky-Mitch wrote:
A GREAT SUGGESTION IN THE NY TIMES THIS MORNING - I WISH I HAD WRITTEN THIS:
It is a sign of our times that President Obama and the Senate Democrats are fearful of the National Rifle Association. I for one am sick and tired of the power and influence of the gun lobby.
I propose that people like me who deplore gun violence take our country back from the gun lovers. We can do that by using economic sanctions against states that allow the gun lobby to write the laws. How? By never moving to these states, by moving out of these states and by never vacationing in these states.
The gun lobby uses money to gets its way. It is time for decent people to use their money to defeat the gun lobby. We can do that one state at a time. If we can get most states to regulate guns vigorously, we will be able to regulate guns at the national level.
JERRY RANDLE
Belle Mead, N.J., March 18, 2014
Jerry's another window licker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aide of Florida lawmaker: Outspoken survivors o... 6 hr Pat Robertson s F... 2
Taurus 24/7 pro .45cal (May '06) 7 hr Colin 464
News Opinion: Anyone who believes the Second Amendme... (Dec '12) 7 hr Peace I Leave You 6
News CNN's Richard Quest Won't Believe Mass Shooting... 14 hr Get Out 2
News Cities and states take the lead on banning bump... 14 hr Get Out 322
News Lots of talk, little action in Congress after s... 19 hr 3 PC WHITE MEAT 115
News Murder By Congress Mon javawhey 3
More from around the web