A man was shot for texting at a movie. This isn't an anomaly in America

There are 20 comments on the The Raw Story story from Jan 17, 2014, titled A man was shot for texting at a movie. This isn't an anomaly in America. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

The spontaneous shooting of a father over some texting and tossed popcorn had barely grabbed our attention when the headlines came about the even more horrific crime in New Mexico .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

Thug

Saltillo, MS

#861 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the gun jerk should have shut his f*king mouth or at least when he decided to pick a fight, should have been man enough to take it outside.
The ENTIRE confrontation STARTED over an a--hole disturbing a room full of patrons by violating theater rules with his cell phone. That's why the theater had rules against cell phones. The old man simply stood up for his rights by being a paying customer with an expectation of not being disturbed during a movie by jerks with phones. If you were in a McDonalds eating your Big Mac and a person walked up and pissed on it would that not violate your right to eat in peace? Would you simply keep eating your Big Mac and keep shut about the infringement of your meal that you paid for?

Again I bet "phone jerk" would have kept his big mouth shut if the Old guy had been the manager or an armed uniform cop. but instead it was a 71 year old man so he thought this was going to be an easy person to bully. He was wrong. But I bet he never makes that mistake again. Ha ha ha. I also bet after this YOU will turn YOUR phone off when in a theater. Ha ha ha.
Thug

Saltillo, MS

#862 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was shot for texting.
He was shot because the pusss who shot him lost his temper.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stop someone for killing another human being in a movie theater for tossing popcorn in his face.

At least you admit it was not for texting but for assaulting a 71 year old man.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#864 Feb 20, 2014
Kentucky-Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get assaulted a lot there in Suffolk?
Nope.

Southeast Virginia

#865 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't and funny how there's no phone to be had.
I guess it got tossed into the parallel universe.
Putting aside the stupidity of suggesting someone is going to toss a cell phone when he has a bag of popcorn in his hand.
But we always leave plenty of room for you to make those stupid assertions that you can't back up but always demand of others.
Wipe your chin, DongLiqueer.
Watch it and weep, asshat. http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/bail-hear...

And there is another video out there of a closer shot showing the shiny object bouncing off Reeves and flalling to the floor.

And he didn't have a bag of popcorn n his hand. He picked up Reeves' CUP of popcorn and threw it at him.

Still waiting for you to prove your statement where you claimed Reeves pestered the phone jerk for "20 minutes". Too bad the time stamp on the video say that YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT. But don't let actual video footage get in your way. Carry on with your IGNORANCE, please.

Southeast Virginia

#866 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame it is that everyone knows that this SIX FOOT TWO INCH TALL 270 POUND man EX-rent-a-cop is seen and heard provoking the fight.
And of course when his wife insisted he didn't have to shoot this Navy vet, he told her to SHUT THE F* up.
So we do know what kind of "man" he is: the kind you look up to, SpoogeSponge.
And I am sure a dipshit like yourself would consider someone telling you to turn off your phone or to take your texting outside......WHICH IS THEATER POLICY......as trying to "provoke a fight".

Did Reeves stand up and get into the phone jerks face? Nope.
Did reeves assault the phone jerk in any way? Nope again.

Who was the first person to assault anyone, dipshit???

Southeast Virginia

#869 Feb 20, 2014
Hilbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure why we need trials, courts and juries.. we have armed veterantard to analyze internet video, asses the situation based on his ignorance of what happened and come to a judgement... we could save a whole lot time and money and just employ a team of re'tards and mo-rons to solve all criminal cases....
Nah....we have enough mo-rons such as yourself and Barefoot who try to distort the facts of the case already. How about just sticking to the facts for once? I know it will be hard for you and your ilk, but give it a try.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#873 Feb 20, 2014
Hilbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
so we render judgments based on reports in the tampa bay times... wow...thanks for enlightening us ....how many generations of morons in your family?...
I bet that judge is in the unemployment line as we speak thanks to your analysis of the facts.. bwhahahahhahahahhahha.. you area fun tard....
Where do you get your info upon which you render your judgments? A rendering plant?

Southeast Virginia

#874 Feb 20, 2014
Hilbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
so we render judgments based on reports in the tampa bay times... wow...thanks for enlightening us ....how many generations of morons in your family?...
I bet that judge is in the unemployment line as we speak thanks to your analysis of the facts.. bwhahahahhahahahhahha.. you area fun tard....
dodge
deflect
MORE BS

blah blah blah

You were the one claiming I was using blogs for my opinion and I proved you were WRONG. So go piss and moan to someone who gives a sh!t what your lamea55 thinks. No one here does, TROLL.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#875 Feb 20, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was the first person to assault anyone, dipshit???
Just a guess ... Cain?
<snicker>

Southeast Virginia

#876 Feb 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a guess ... Cain?
<snicker>
Not going back quiiiiite that far.

;o)

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#877 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Utterly.
Yes, you are indeed utterly meaningless as well.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#878 Feb 20, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
Poor Sodomite: his lies have no basis in reality.
The mindless Sodomite typed to itself in the mirror. And then wiped the stream of drool off its keyboard.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#886 Feb 20, 2014
2ndAmRight-smom wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you are ever far from that goverment check coming in your mailbox, you ignorant, lying, criminal POS, extremist, mooching, limp wirsted "sexually frustrated control freak".
Changed your diaper and now you're back. Take a hike, spambot.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#888 Feb 20, 2014
Thug wrote:
<quoted text>The ENTIRE confrontation STARTED over an a--hole .
It started when a rent-a-cop carried a gun into a crowded theater which had a posted no guns policy.

Location hidden

#889 Feb 20, 2014
Thug wrote:
That's why the theater had rules against cell phones..
NO, it did not have a rule against cell phones, it had a rule against carrying guns into the theater.

The line against guns possession started at the front door

Location hidden

#890 Feb 20, 2014
Thug wrote:
If you were in a McDonalds eating your Big Mac and a person walked up and pissed
TTTH.

Location hidden

#891 Feb 20, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch it and weep, asshat. http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/bail-hear...
NO cell phone.

Or you would have linked to that.

I will pray tonight that your grandchild is sitting two rows in front of the next guy who is using a cell phone and one of your gun gnutters friends who decided he could ignore the no gun sign pulls out his piece and fires into the dark.

Like Reeves did here.

Location hidden

#892 Feb 20, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
And there is another video out there of a closer shot showing the shiny object bouncing off Reeves and flalling to the floor.
There is twenty minutes of your fat polished turd rocking back and forth and agitating and crying and acting like a five year old who dropped his lolly.

Reeves' statements made in a recorded interview in the hours after the shooting: "It was crazy. It really was, it was completely uncalled for."

You are not familiar with SYG laws, obviously, where people can use deadly force to defend themselves from serious injury only if they believe their life is in danger.

Not if they are really angry because someone called them a fKing ahole.

Location hidden

#894 Feb 20, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
Still waiting for you to prove your statement where you claimed Reeves pestered the phone jerk for "20 minutes".
20 minutes.

Maybe you can get your stopwatch out and prove it was 18 minutes.

Going to be hard to get around your polished turd firing a .38 in a movie theater though.

Reeves: "Throw popcorn in my face!"

Gosh... no mention of cell phone...

Going to love his statements to his wife...: "You shut your f**king mouth and don't say another word."

To his wife.

He is YOUR kind of guy, DongLiqueer.

"Holy f**k, what have I done?"

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#895 Feb 20, 2014
2ndAmRight-smom wrote:
<quoted text>
In the likely event any of you happen to come in contact with the schizophrenics called 2ndAmRight, Marauder , ArmedVeteran or huntcoyotes and/or any of his aliases.. immediately hide your children.
A panel of experts has recently determined that this poor hillbilly's complete inability to attract any attention from either sex has driven them to the rather bizarre behavior of impersonating human creatures. They are doing this in the hope of attracting either reverend ted haggard or a priest with a tub of vaseline. What ever you do .. DO NOT BEND OVER IN FRONT OF THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Yet more mindless repetitive droll from the resident Topix spambot. How pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House passes concealed carry bill; Hassan plans... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 4
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 19
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 49
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) Apr 17 OlFed 48
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 AMERICA 12,178
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
News Who's calling the shots in Canada? Apr 10 Truth and Facts 2
More from around the web