Gun owners need to change... and learn something from anti gunners.

Posted in the Guns Forum

vivatejas25

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Anti gunners all fully support the anti gun bills and proposals of other anti gunners no matter how insane. Most gun owners see gun control as a fact of life and when you talk about gun laws with gun owners in any state you will encounter ones who rationalize the idiotic laws of that state. I've talked to so called pro gun people in California who think registering pistols is okay.
Gun owners need to see gun control for what it is, a war against our culture and heritage. They need to understand that the politicians who support gun control do not care about violent crime and do not care about you. If you are killed or raped by an armed criminal and you can't defend yourself, they do not care.
Gun control can be reversed and abolished if there is enough pressure and if you vote the right people into office.
There are no gun control laws on the books that actually make us safer, most of them actually put us in greater danger.
Gun owners also need to understand that every gun will eventually be called an "evil something or other," such as the "evil sniper rifle" or hunting rifle. If you allow the government to ban semi auto military look alike rifles, your hunting or "evil sniper" rifle will be next on the chopping block. If you allow politicians to ban magazines above 10 rounds, your 7 round 1911 magazine is next. It is wise to keep them at least one step away from banning your guns.
Anti gunners will never stop. We have to draw a line in the sand and we have to reverse gun control in states like New York, California, Illinois, Colorado.
Most states have at least some bad gun laws. Texas bans open carry of pistols, but allows open carry of rifles. New Mexico bans open carry in Stores that sell alcohol where it is policy that customers cannot open and drink in the store. So gun rights need to be advanced in every state, including Arizona, Vermont, Wyoming and Alaska.
Thinking that we can simply use the court system to overturn gun laws is foolish. Anti gunners have overwhelmed us with so many gun laws that the courts couldn't set everything straight in 10,000 years. The only way to advance gun rights is to take everyone you can who is anti gun or gun naive to the shooting range and educate them about the peaceful and law abiding gun culture and join a pro gun group. Texas passed 14 pro gun laws last session; however, no court cases were able to sort out gun rights in Texas over decades.
Some say New York City needs tough gun control because of the population density. Apartment towers in downtown Houston or Dallas, Texas provide the same population density issues and you can possess any type and any number of firearms within those buildings and.... there have been no problems. New York city's citizens would be perfectly fine if they enjoyed the same gun laws as Texans or Arizonians.
We need to debate with other gun owners and change the way they think. If every gun owner stood up and fought against gun control a New Yorker would be able to own an unregistered and unlicensed (free) AR15 with a magazine of any capacity just like his counter part living in downtown Houston and the New Yorker wouldn't have to pay a hefty "poll tax" to possess it.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 27, 2013
"Gun owners need to change... and learn something from anti gunners."

There is no link to an article or any explanation of what law-abiding gun owners need to change or learn.

So, I'm interested, what is it that we need to change or learn?

I'm always up for learning new things.

Location hidden

#3 Aug 27, 2013
I'm curious. What is it that you think that law-abiding gun owners need to change or learn?

There is no link to an article or further explanation in the original post.

I'm always interested in learning new things so I'm keen to hear.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 28, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
I'm curious. What is it that you think that law-abiding gun owners need to change or learn?
There is no link to an article or further explanation in the original post.
I'm always interested in learning new things so I'm keen to hear.
Many gun owners support gun control laws. Many of them voted for Obama (an antigun communist) to be the first black president.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 28, 2013
Gun ownership has very little to do with an individual's politics.

There are millions of gun owners in the US and very few of them are single-issue voters.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6 Aug 29, 2013
Anti-gunners need to stop letting their emotions get the better of them and and actually look at legislation to control CRIMINALS instead of inanimate objects.

Southeast Virginia

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
There are millions of gun owners in the US and very few of them are single-issue voters.
How a politician views the 2nd Amendment will give you an idea on whether he/she believes people are citizens with certain inalienable rights, or as subjects to be lorded over because they can't take care of themselves.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#8 Aug 31, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:

LOL !

If you vote for antigun Obama (a communist and the most antigun Senator of them all) you won't be a gun owner for long.

We've lost most of our gun rights because of dumb gun owners voting for antigun communists.

Btw, I'm a hardline gun rights person who is banned from Illinois State Rifle Association, IllinoisCarry.com , and Ammoland Facebook pages.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 31, 2013
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>LOL !
If you vote for antigun Obama (a communist and the most antigun Senator of them all) you won't be a gun owner for long.
We've lost most of our gun rights because of dumb gun owners voting for antigun communists.
Btw, I'm a hardline gun rights person who is banned from Illinois State Rifle Association, IllinoisCarry.com , and Ammoland Facebook pages.
In point of fact, not true. The high-point, or low-point, depending on your perspective, of Gun Control in the US was in the late '80s. The linked animated gif illustrates how most states in 1987 were not issue or may issue for CCW permits in the 80's to now where most states either issue without restriction or don't require CCW permits at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rtc2.gif

Of course, states like California, New York, and Illinois will continue to pass draconian gun laws in their own states because they have high percentage of urban voters who are anti-gun (which is ironic because urban voters are so much more often the target of violent crime).

I'm not a fan of Obama -- for a lot of reasons -- but, even he isn't stupid enough to believe he could get draconian gun laws through a hostile Congress (who remember how many votes the AWB cost them in the Clinton years). If anything, Obama has been a boon to the supporters of gun ownership. Gun sales are WAY up over the past six years. Membership in the NRA and other firearm associations are way up as well. Most firearm and accessory manufacturers are selling their inventories faster than they can make them (making the firearms industry one of the few business doing so well in this poor economy). Frankly, I'm surprised that Obama isn't pointing to companies like Colt and Bushmaster as success stories for his economic recovery.

The point is, our gun rights are less in danger today than they have been at any other time since the '30s when Congress started passing Federal gun restrictions.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#10 Aug 31, 2013
All baloney. Our gun rights are one more SandyHook school shooting away. And Obama is NOT afraid of passing (signing) more antigun laws in his last term.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#11 Sep 1, 2013
Tory II wrote:
All baloney. Our gun rights are one more SandyHook school shooting away. And Obama is NOT afraid of passing (signing) more antigun laws in his last term.
Extremely well said !
vivatejas25

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Sep 3, 2013
Tory II wrote:
Sandy hook was the worst mass shooting in US history emotionally. You can't really get worse than that. Another school shooting like Sandy Hook is not likely unless someone is engineering these things

Southeast Virginia

#13 Sep 3, 2013
vivatejas25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandy hook was the worst mass shooting in US history emotionally. You can't really get worse than that. Another school shooting like Sandy Hook is not likely unless someone is engineering these things
I'm sure they were saying the same thing after Columbine, VA Tech, Aurora, etc. etc. etc.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 5, 2013
And don't forget Cho shot over fifty and killed more than thirty. Lanza shot each kid multiple times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr liberal bigotry 11,152
George Zimmerman Speaks Exclusively on Armed Am... 2 hr Here Is One 34
A 9-year-old girl, a fatal Uzi accident and a r... 2 hr Here Is One 95
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 6 hr Cat74 210
Malkin: Hicken-weasel: Why Colorado's gutless g... Mon Richies Cool Man ... 1
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Mon Kentucky-Mitch 63
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment Sun Julia 331

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE