Superior police offering 100 free fir...

Superior police offering 100 free firearm safety kits

There are 3 comments on the NorthlandsNewscenter.com story from Oct 7, 2013, titled Superior police offering 100 free firearm safety kits. In it, NorthlandsNewscenter.com reports that:

The Superior Police Department is putting safety first as they provide 100 free firearm safety kits to residents through a partnership with Project ChildSafe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthlandsNewscenter.com.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 7, 2013
Free equals taxpayer funded.
so you

Huntsville, AL

#2 Oct 8, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
Free equals taxpayer funded.
finally admit that you oppose gun safety?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2013
so you wrote:
<quoted text>
finally admit that you oppose gun safety?
Au contraire, practicing gun safety is the duty of every responsible gun owner and is foremost a mental discipline not dependent on mechanical devices.

Using mechanical safeties leads to a false sense of security and is the quickest way to become complacent around firearms. Mechanical safeties are simply devices and all devices are prone to failure.

For example, I have in my inventory two lever rifles and a lever shotgun which, when cycled, opens the trigger guard and defeats any trigger lock.

The highest form of gun safety is STRICT adherence to Jeff Cooper's four rules of gun safety. If those are followed to the letter by anyone using a firearm, gun accidents cannot happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Sat American Patriot 417
News Senate votes to allow concealed carry without p... Sat American Patriot 2
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Sat Get Out 3
News $25 Million Dollars Pledged To Stop Concealed C... Apr 20 payme 8
News Constitutional carry bills have South Carolina ... Apr 19 Leslie Fish 3
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Apr 19 Fish o watha 69
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... Apr 17 javawhey 41
More from around the web