Moms make case for gun control

Mar 16, 2013 Full story: usatoday.com 9,284

Peg Paulson had never beaten a path through the halls of Congress before or met a U.S. senator's staffer or advocated for a controversial issue.

Full Story

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1127 Apr 28, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Typical. Unstable gun nut has only one goal in life. To shoot and kill someone. Just remember that when you do shoot someone, there's now proof on topix that you had every intention of eventually shooting someone in the hopes of killing them.
So glad you are just a big mouth loser, hiding behind your anonymity on topix and not someone in a position of power.
Your comments are fantasy.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1128 Apr 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that Roman soldiers were essentially citizen soldiers, right son? And their roles were at the behest of the state?
Shove the son up your azz.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1129 Apr 28, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the best indication of what the second amendment means, is what the authors wanted it to mean. Which can be ascertained by reading many of the authors contributions to the federalist papers.
Good Lord, the village idiot is now a constitutional scholar? The Constitution is a revolutionary document that does not care about your petty little wingnuz grievances. The founders understood and feared the greed and lust for power as well as the capacity for stupidity that exists within some humans. Thank Gawd it neutralizes pea-brained fanatics of the right as well as the left!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1130 Apr 28, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
MEANINGLESS CONJECTURE in the face of a written Constitution.
Let me know when you find out what the Second Amendment in the USA says, GayDavy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1131 Apr 28, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Shove the son up your azz.
WAHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out but I can't take it! WAHHHHH!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1132 Apr 28, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Shove the son up your azz.
lol! What's the matter son?

Hate the light of day?

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#1133 Apr 28, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Good Lord, the village idiot is now a constitutional scholar? The Constitution is a revolutionary document that does not care about your petty little wingnuz grievances. The founders understood and feared the greed and lust for power as well as the capacity for stupidity that exists within some humans. Thank Gawd it neutralizes pea-brained fanatics of the right as well as the left!
So YOU are the constitutional scholar?
Tell me what "shall NOT be INFRINGED" means then.

infringed past participle, past tense of inĀ·fringe (Verb)
Verb
Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".
Hmmm, sounds like they didn't want the right of the people to keep and bear arms to be limited or undermined to me. But please, share your expert opinion. Lmao!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1134 Apr 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! What's the matter son?
Hate the light of day?
You have the mentality of a child.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135 Apr 28, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You have the mentality of a child.
I wish you had one of a mentally challenged individual.

At least then you'd have an excuse.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#1136 Apr 28, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Typical. Unstable gun nut has only one goal in life. To shoot and kill someone. Just remember that when you do shoot someone, there's now proof on topix that you had every intention of eventually shooting someone in the hopes of killing them.
So glad you are just a big mouth loser, hiding behind your anonymity on topix and not someone in a position of power.
Paranoia will destroy ya.

Newsflash for you 'x'. You freaks have been losing for around a decade now. And it doesn't look like your losing streak is going to end any time soon. Even though your 'master' is in office, and the deck is stacked. You are STILL losing. Why? Because that's what LOSERS do best - LOSE.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#1137 Apr 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you find out what the Second Amendment in the USA says, GayDavy.
USA TODAY Poll: Public support for gun control ebbs
Susan Page, USA TODAY8:14 a.m. EDT April 23, 2013

WASHINGTON -- Four months after the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School, a USA TODAY Poll finds support for a new gun-control law ebbing as prospects for passage on Capitol Hill seem to fade.

Americans are more narrowly divided on the issue than in recent months, and backing for a bill has slipped below 50%, the poll finds. By 49%-45%, those surveyed favor Congress passing a new gun-control law. In an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll in early April, 55% had backed a stricter gun law, which was down from 61% in February.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#1138 Apr 28, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord, the village idiot is now a constitutional scholar? The Constitution is a revolutionary document that does not care about your petty little wingnuz grievances. The founders understood and feared the greed and lust for power as well as the capacity for stupidity that exists within some humans. Thank Gawd it neutralizes pea-brained fanatics of the right as well as the left!
No, more like they made sure that we'd be armed against rights thieves such as yourself.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1139 Apr 29, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Your comments are fantasy.
Your fantasy is to shoot and kill someone. My guess is probably a black person or a Mexican. Praise Jeebus. You Xtian-gunnuts are a hoot.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1140 Apr 29, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia will destroy ya.
Newsflash for you 'x'. You freaks have been losing for around a decade now. And it doesn't look like your losing streak is going to end any time soon. Even though your 'master' is in office, and the deck is stacked. You are STILL losing. Why? Because that's what LOSERS do best - LOSE.
bahahhaahahahahah
We won the last two Presidential elections, hands down, AND with a BLACK MAN EVEN!!! Now, go put your hands down your pants and do what you do best; Whack off. Then you can go back to complaining about the blacks, the Mexicans, Feminists, Muslims, Jews, the gays, tree huggers etc.

The country is centrist, leaning a little to the left. You should shut off FOX spews and watch a real news station, zippy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1141 Apr 29, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU are the constitutional scholar?
Tell me what "shall NOT be INFRINGED" means then.
Constitutional scholar...

WASHINGTON -- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said Sunday that there are "undoubtedly" limits to a person's right to bear arms under the Second Amendment, but that future court cases will have to decide where to draw the line.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1142 Apr 29, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Your fantasy is to shoot and kill someone. My guess is probably a black person or a Mexican. Praise Jeebus. You Xtian-gunnuts are a hoot.
Your guess ?

Who the fcuk ever told you that you were smart enough to guess ?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1143 Apr 29, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA TODAY Poll: Public support for gun control ebbs
Ninety percent support background checks, GayDavy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1144 Apr 29, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia will destroy ya.
~stomp stomp stomp~

How's that Herman Cain endorsement working out for you, Vince?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#1145 Apr 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ninety percent support background checks, GayDavy.
"...Baldwin J charged the jury...."

"The first section of the bill of rights in the constitution of Pennsylvania declares that all men have the inherent and indefeasible right of enjoying and defending life and liberty of acquiring possessing and protecting property that no man can be deprived of his liberty or property but by the judgment of his peers or the law of the land Sect 9 That the right of citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the state shall not be questioned Sect 21 The second section of the fourth article of the constitution of the United States declares the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states. The tenth section of the first article prohibits any state from passing any law which impairs the obligation of a contract. The second amendment provides that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"...We shall pursue this subject no further, in its bearing on the political rights of the states composing the union--in recalling your attention to these rights, which are the subject of this controversy, we declare to you as the law of the case, that they are inherent and unalienable--so recognised by all our fundamental laws.

"The constitution of the state or union is not the source of these rights, or the others to which we have referred you, they existed in their plenitude before any constitutions, which do not create but protect and secure them against any violation by the legislatures or courts, in making, expounding or administering laws.

"The nature of this case, its history, and the course of the argument, call on us to declare explicitly what is the effect of a constitutional protection or guarantee of any right, or the injunction of any duty. The twenty sixth section of the bill of rights in the constitution of Pennsylvania, is in these words; "to guard against transgressions of the high powers we have delegated we declare [we the people of Pennsylvania], that every thing in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall for ever remain inviolate." A higher power declares this constitution and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof, shall be the supreme laws of the land, and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any thing in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding" Const U.S., art. 6, clause 2.

"An amendment of the constitution is of still higher authority, for it has the effect of controlling and repealing the express provisions of the constitution authorizing a power to be exercised, by a declaration that it shall not be construed to give such power. 3 Dall 382.

"We have stated to you the various provisions of the constitution of the United States and its amendments, as well as that of this state; you see their authority and obligation to be supreme over any laws or regulations which are repugnant to them, or which violate, infringe or impair any right thereby secured; the conclusions which result are too obvious to be more than stated."

- U.S. Supreme Court Justice BALDWIN, Circuit Court of The United States,[PENNSYLVANIA APRIL TERM 1833 BEFORE Hon. HENRY BALDWIN, Associate Justice of the [U.S.] Supreme Court, Hon JOSEPH HOPKINSON District Judge, Johnson v Tompkins,(13 F. Cas. 840 (C.C.E.D. Pa. 1833)), and others.]

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#1146 Apr 29, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>bahahhaahahahahah
We won the last two Presidential elections, hands down, AND with a BLACK MAN EVEN!!! Now, go put your hands down your pants and do what you do best; Whack off. Then you can go back to complaining about the blacks, the Mexicans, Feminists, Muslims, Jews, the gays, tree huggers etc.
The country is centrist, leaning a little to the left. You should shut off FOX spews and watch a real news station, zippy.
We'll see in 2014-16, won't we? Both the Congress and obummer are sliding down in REAL polls. With kongress having the lowest approval ratings EVER. And pelosi:

April 24, 2013
Pelosi Best Known, Least Liked of Congressional Leaders
Americans view top four leaders in House and Senate negatively, on balance
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- The top Republican and Democratic leaders in the U.S. House and Senate are a generally unpopular foursome, with Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi being the most well-known, but also the least well-liked.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/162029/pelosi-best...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Mon swedenforever 99
AK-47s, Now Made in AmericaBy Cliff Schecter Jan 24 Here Is One 5
Women Continue To Line Up For Concealed Carry P... Jan 24 Here Is One 1
ILLEGALS-Unions AGAINST AMERICANS Jan 23 ILLEGALS-UNIONS-v... 1
Illinois Cops: Concealed Carry Law A 'Non-Event... Jan 23 SSG MP American Joe 3
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Jan 22 mike_lance 187
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Jan 20 Here Is One 12,165
More from around the web