Moms make case for gun control

Moms make case for gun control

There are 9283 comments on the usatoday.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Moms make case for gun control. In it, usatoday.com reports that:

Peg Paulson had never beaten a path through the halls of Congress before or met a U.S. senator's staffer or advocated for a controversial issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at usatoday.com.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#8206 Dec 13, 2013
Satan is the one true god wrote:
"If the witness be sent before the committee, self-defence is the paramount law of our nature. Self-defence is one of the natural rights that all men in this country possess. Self-defence is one of the inalienable rights, dear to this witness, secured to all American citizens by the very nature of our free institutions; and if he goes, he must be permitted to go before the committee armed for his own protection; for he is apprized of the feelings of the honorable chairman of the committee towards him, by the expression of the honorable gentleman made on this floor. Sir, if we force the witness before the committee, and he goes there armed,(and I hold that we cannot think of forcing him there without the power to protect himself,) may not the result be such as we would regret, and would we not be responsible for the consequences? Let me ask, will not Whitney commit a greater contempt by going before the committee armed than he has done in refusing to go before the committee under the circumstances of this case? Then, sir, I believe Whitney, under the circumstances, is justified in refusing to appear before the committee. Then, if we order Whitney into custody, and to be brought to the bar of this House to answer, as a criminal, will we not do so in violation of all his rights as a citizen, and will we not establish a dangerous precedent?"--Mr. Samuel J. Gholson, U.S. Representative from Mississippi, Feb. 10, 1837.[DEBATES IN CONGRESS PART II. REGISTER OF DEBATES IN CONGRESS, COMPRISING THE LEADING DEBATES AND INCIDENTS OF THE SECOND SESSION OF THE TWENTY-FOURTH CONGRESS: TOGETHER WITH AN APPENDIX, CONTAINING IMPORTANT STATE PAPERS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS, AND THE LAWS, OF A PUBLIC NATURE, ENACTED DURING THE SESSION: WITH A COPIOUS INDEX TO THE WHOLE. VOLUME XIII. WASHINGTON: PRINTED AND PUBLISHED BY GALES AND SEATON 1837. Pg. 1701]

Since: Aug 13

Los Angeles, CA

#8207 Dec 13, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the witness be sent before the committee, self-defence is the paramount law of our nature. Self-defence is one of the natural rights that all men in this country possess. Self-defence is one of the inalienable rights, dear to this witness, secured to all American citizens by the very nature of our free institutions; and if he goes, he must be permitted to go before the committee armed for his own protection; for he is apprized of the feelings of the honorable chairman of the committee towards him, by the expression of the honorable gentleman made on this floor. Sir, if we force the witness before the committee, and he goes there armed,(and I hold that we cannot think of forcing him there without the power to protect himself,) may not the result be such as we would regret, and would we not be responsible for the consequences? Let me ask, will not Whitney commit a greater contempt by going before the committee armed than he has done in refusing to go before the committee under the circumstances of this case? Then, sir, I believe Whitney, under the circumstances, is justified in refusing to appear before the committee. Then, if we order Whitney into custody, and to be brought to the bar of this House to answer, as a criminal, will we not do so in violation of all his rights as a citizen, and will we not establish a dangerous precedent?"--Mr. Samuel J. Gholson, U.S. Representative from Mississippi, Feb. 10, 1837.[DEBATES IN CONGRESS PART II. REGISTER OF DEBATES IN CONGRESS, COMPRISING THE LEADING DEBATES AND INCIDENTS OF THE SECOND SESSION OF THE TWENTY-FOURTH CONGRESS: TOGETHER WITH AN APPENDIX, CONTAINING IMPORTANT STATE PAPERS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS, AND THE LAWS, OF A PUBLIC NATURE, ENACTED DURING THE SESSION: WITH A COPIOUS INDEX TO THE WHOLE. VOLUME XIII. WASHINGTON: PRINTED AND PUBLISHED BY GALES AND SEATON 1837. Pg. 1701]
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF SPAMS HAVE YOU POSTED FROM THE 1800'S?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

BETCHA YOU WILL SEE THIS QUOTE AGAIN, KEATS!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Wipe your chin, dear!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#8209 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF SPAMS HAVE YOU POSTED FROM THE 1800'S?
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Wipe your chin, dear!
"...The law has grown, and even if historical mistakes have contributed to its growth it has tended in the direction of rules consistent with human nature. Many respectable writers agree that if a man reasonably believes that he is in immediate danger of death or grievous bodily harm from his assailant he may stand his ground and that if he kills him he has not succeeded the bounds of lawful self defence. That has been the decision of this Court. Beard v. United States, 158 U.S. 550, 559, 15 S. Sup. Ct. 962. Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife. Therefore in this Court, at least, it is not a condition of immunity that one in that situation should pause to consider whether a reasonable man might not think it possible to fly with safety or to disable his assailant rather than to kill him..."-- Mr. Justice [Oliver Wendell] HOLMES, U.S. Supreme Court, BROWN v. UNITED STATES, 256 U.S. 335 (1921).

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#8210 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
'nuff said, pootah.
Worse than not serving are those that pretend they did.
Bite me- I have my DD214, sport. Three ARCOMs as well. And a coin from one-time SECDEF Gates. Keeps me from buying a round.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#8211 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
'bout time you admitted you lied about it.
Stolen Valor fraud...
Bite me. I have a nice stack of NCOERS that contradict anything you have to say about it.

Los Angeles, CA

#8212 Dec 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bite me. I have a nice stack of NCOERS that contradict anything you have to say about it.
bwhhahahahahah... Salvation army gives those too?....good to know ...bwhahhahahahahhaha

how many years did you spend with the Salvation army?... did you make it out of the donation center?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8213 Dec 13, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
"Why, even after Newtown, are gun rights on the ascendant?
Guns don't have rights, Trotsky.

Location hidden

#8214 Dec 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bite me- I have my DD214, sport.
huntcoyotes wrote:
"I have no idea what a PFC is...
Anyone can say they have a DD214, SpunkMonkey.

Did you get yours from your boyfriend?

Location hidden

#8215 Dec 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
And a coin from one-time SECDEF Gates..
I'm sure you have a coin from McGruff the Crime Doge.

Doesn't make you a cop.
huntcoyotes wrote:
"I have no idea what a PFC is...
No one who has served in the army two days would say this, Pubic Heir.

Location hidden

#8216 Dec 13, 2013
Hey! Only Herman Cain, and *me* get to call Vance... Keats!

You stick to Kreaton...
old man

Mclean, VA

#8217 Dec 13, 2013
If you will look above, barefoot, who is always whining about others using multiple names, has told on himself, cannot hide his gay comments long enough to clear himself. The old fool failed. I guess the pressure is getting to him.

Location hidden

#8218 Dec 13, 2013
old man wrote:
If you will look above, barefoot, who is always whining about others using multiple names, has told on himself,
Why, you practically have PROOF POSITIVE!
old man

Mclean, VA

#8219 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you practically have PROOF POSITIVE!
barefoot and satan, same idiot.

Location hidden

#8220 Dec 13, 2013
old man wrote:
<quoted text>
barefoot and satan, same idiot.
~!Stomp stomp stomp!~
old man

Mclean, VA

#8221 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~!Stomp stomp stomp!~
You wish you could stomp. Those dead legs are a bother, huh? Still, you are the same old fool.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#8222 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~!Stomp stomp stomp!~
In your dreams, rat-troll. In your dreams. You've been stomped below ground-level today, and you know it. It fact, you've been stomped all week long. Hang it up, troll. You're finished.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Millbrae, CA

#8223 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Sock puppets!

http://sockpuppettheatre.com/

Always more fun when you get into an argument with your other sock puppet, Homo One!
More gay sex fantasies

“Facts”

Millbrae, CA

#8224 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who has served knows what PFC stands for, stolen valor fraud.

Wipe your chin, dear.
Even more gay sex fantasies

Pretty bad beating you took?

“Facts”

Millbrae, CA

#8225 Dec 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Republicunt lower than Democrat.

Poor Vince.

Wipe your chin, dear.

PS: Obama is 42 percent.
More gay sex fantasies

Winter Park, FL

#8226 Dec 14, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay sex fantasies
https://imageshack.com/i/n6cockij

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'We can't be intimidated' 1 hr Responsibility 76
News Obama Won't Be Pushing Second Amendment Rollbac... 21 hr Truth and Facts 107
Facing possible ban, more Americans are buying ... Sun Truth and Facts 7
News Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Sun Swedenforever 7
News Why the U.S. is No. 1 -- in mass shootings Aug 28 Truth and Facts 7
News Wal-Mart to end sales of assault rifles in U.S.... Aug 27 Garofolo 3
News Exclusive: What's In Your All-Around Survival Kit? Aug 23 Prep-for-Dep 14
More from around the web