Moms make case for gun control

Moms make case for gun control

There are 9248 comments on the usatoday.com story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Moms make case for gun control. In it, usatoday.com reports that:

Peg Paulson had never beaten a path through the halls of Congress before or met a U.S. senator's staffer or advocated for a controversial issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at usatoday.com.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#7713 Nov 12, 2013
satanlives wrote:
"President Obama signs executive order for CDC gun violence study.(AP photo)

"( CNSNews.com )–“Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,”says a new report by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The $10 million study was commissioned by President Barack Obama as part of 23 executive orders he signed in January...."

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa HaHaHaHa!!!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7715 Nov 13, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
No Barebutt, you and your disillusioned liberals can rant, and rave until your teeth fall out, buy you will never disarm real Americans. They will shoot you first. I really wondered if Obama could get some real gun control, or Amnesty through this Congress, but now he is the lamest of lame ducks, and he will get nothing for the next 3 years. and then he is gone.
We don't have to disarm you gun loving idiots. There are 2-3 mass shootings every week. Y'all are gonna eat your own.

Keep up the good work.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#7716 Nov 13, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
2ndamrightard is exercising his right to be stupid... it is in the bill of rights...
John Kerry and the Right to be Stupid
Our new Secretary of State, John Kerry, thinks that the right to be stupid is part of the Bill of Rights.
Well if anyone is
an EXPERT on spotting STUPID,
it's a stupid idiot from Texass.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7718 Nov 13, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have to disarm you gun loving idiots. There are 2-3 mass shootings every week. Y'all are gonna eat your own.
Keep up the good work.
No, more like we will survive. While you 'gun-free' people will not. Then you'll realize just how foolish you were. But it will be to late....

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7719 Nov 13, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
2ndamrightard is exercising his right to be stupid... it is in the bill of rights...
Our new Secretary of State, John Kerry, thinks that the right to be stupid is part of the Bill of Rights.
"The above constitution was signed by General Washington as president, and the delegates from twelve states, on the 17th of September 1787, and received the approbation of all the states. Some amendments have since been ena[c]ted, respecting the free exercise of religion, the freedom of the press, the right of the people to assemble and petition for redress of grievances, and to keep and bear arms: also respecting security against unwarrantable seizures or searches, trials, and indictments, quartering of soldiers, excessive bail, and other rights preserved to the people."

[The Wonders of Nature and Art; Or, A CONCISE ACCOUNT OF WHATEVER IS MOST CURIOUS AND REMARKABLE IN THE WORLD; Whether relating to its Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral Productions, or to the Manufactures, Buildings, and Inventions of its Inhabitants: Compiled from Historical and Geographical Works of established Celebrity, and illustrated with the Discoveries of modern Travellers. By the Rev. THOMAS SMITH, Author of the Universal Atlas, Sacred Mirror &c. &c. "Review these numerous scenes, at once survey Nature's extended face, then Sceptics say, In this wide field of wonders, can you find No art discover'd, and no end design'd?" VOL. X. LONDON: PRINTED FOR J. WALKER, NO. 44, PATERNOSTER-ROW; J. HARRIS, CORNER OF ST. PAUL'S CHURCH-YARD; VERNOR AND HOOD, IN THE POULTRY; T. HURST, PATERNOSTER-ROW; AKD CROSBY AND CO. STATIONER-COURT. 1804. Pg. 60]

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7720 Nov 13, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7721 Nov 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
James Andrews v. The State
The State v. Frank O'Toole
The State v. Elbert Custer.

(3 Heisk. 165. Supreme Court, Tennessee 1871.)

Carrying Arms Constitutional Law

[Andrews v. State, 50 Tenn.(3 Heisk.) 165, 8 Am. Rep. 8 (1871).]

"Nelson [Thomas Amos Rogers] J[ustice] delivered the following [dissenting] opinion:--...

"...The word "bear" was not used alone in the military sense of carrying arms, but in the popular sense of wearing them in war or in peace. The word "arms" means "instruments or weapons of offence or defence," and is not restricted, by any means, to public warfare.
   "The declaration of rights, section 26, in the Constitution of 1870, omits the words "free white men," and contains an additional provision, which should be construed in connection with the previous decisions of this court, the conflict in which was well known to the framers of that instrument. After declaring "that the citizens of this State have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defence," it is added: "But the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime." The word "bear" was manifestly employed in the Constitution of 1870, to convey the idea of carrying arms either for public or private defence; otherwise it was unnecessary to add the provision that the Legislature shall have power "to regulate the wearing of arms with the view to prevent crime." The habit, or custom, intended to be regulated, was not that of bearing arms fit only to be used in war, and which, from the publicity with which such arms are carried, needed but little, if any, regulation. It was well known to the Convention, that a very large number of citizens had become accustomed, during the late civil war, to carry pistols and other weapons not ordinarily used in warfare, and had retained this habit after the close of the war, and that dangerous wounds, as well as frequent homicides, were the result of its universal prevalence; and the object of conferring express power to regulate the mode of wearing them, was not to destroy the right, but so to control it that the Legislature, by declaring that such arms should be worn publicly and not secretly upon the person, might prevent those crimes which are often committed by armed men in taking the lives of their unarmed adversaries. To "regulate" does not mean to destroy, but "to adjust by rule," "to put in good order," to produce uniformity of motion or of action; and, under this provision, there can be no question that, while the Legislature has no power to prohibit the wearing of arms, it has the right to declare that, if worn upon the person, they shall be worn in a public manner. The Act of 1870, instead of regulating, prohibits the wearing of arms, and is, therefore, in my opinion, unconstitutional and void...."

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7724 Nov 13, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist on continuing providing proof of just how lame you are? We are already well aware of it.

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#7725 Nov 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
made up numbers mean nothing.
Funny how you can't find the police reports to back you up.
Let's call yesterday a typical day...
You google how many "defensive uses" you find.
You need 5,000 different case to come close.
One two three go!
Idiot- those "blue sentences " ARE the links to the reports- you are truely clueless as to how the internet works as those links have so much info on them that topix wouldn't have room to post 'em. All ya gotta do is "click" on one. Geebus you are soooooo stoopid as to how to work the internet. You remind me of arguing with a child, one who is sick but won't take medicine because "...it doesn't TASTE good". Idiot.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#7726 Nov 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up "knob polish" and we see your ad in the personals of the Columbia Ledger Inquirer.
The two for one coupon and serviceman discounts are nice touches.
<Translation> "Ol' bareback the Closet Homosexual doesn't know how to use provided internet links for requested corroboration and had a senior moment and forgot who he was arguing (pointlessly) with, so he reverts to projecting gay fantasies"- got it.

Location hidden

#7729 Nov 14, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot- those "blue sentences "
Boyfriend buckle banging your forehead.

I know: you can't handle being humiliated here.

Strange- giving what you do for so many many.

The FBI site says I'm right and you are wrong.

Here the little blue line: http://www.fbi.gov/

Location hidden

#7731 Nov 14, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text><Translation> .
No one needs you to translate anything, Sweet Pea.

Remember: you telling us you were in the Army?
huntcoyotes wrote:
"I have no idea what a PFC is...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#7733 Nov 14, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
No, more like we will survive. While you 'gun-free' people will not. Then you'll realize just how foolish you were. But it will be to late....
Unlike you, I don't live in a constant heightened state of fear of everyone around me. You must be one miserable pos and a huge pussy to boot.

Please, go clean your gun, in the dark, after you polish off a 6 pak.
I guarantee you I will live much longer than you and your gun toting illiterates.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7735 Nov 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic sure does seem to be your lot in life.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7736 Nov 14, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I don't live in a constant heightened state of fear of everyone around me. You must be one miserable pos and a huge pussy to boot.
I guarantee you I will live much longer than you and your gun toting illiterates.
Wrong on all counts, O' blinded one. And it is you that is woefully blinded to reality. It's going to be very interesting indeed when cold, hard reality pays you a visit when you least expect it. Just wish I could be there to hear your shrill cries when it does.

Don't drink, and my firearms are always clean. So, shove off, you hitlery loving drone.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#7737 Nov 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot- I didn't say you were wrong- very childish of you (above and beyond your habit of projecting homosexual fantasies). You (finally!) provided some info on-topic inre 32000/gun crimes per year. MY links show in excess of 2,000,000 cases of year of would-be victims using firearms to PREVENT violent crimes. And one of those links I provided is fron the NY Times of all sources. PS- congradulations on f-i-n-a-l-l-y learning how to use the right-click button on your mouse.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#7739 Nov 14, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I don't live in a constant heightened state of fear of everyone around me. You must be one miserable pos and a huge pussy to boot.
That's not fear, dummy. And no one in their right mind would clean a firearm in the dark- that you would suggest such a thing reflects an accurate potrait of your thought processes. Also, you cannot gaurantee such a thing- one day you simply won't be here and not a soul will miss you.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#7740 Nov 14, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
did finish your chores?
http://imageshack.us/a/img510/6135/dildo.jpg
FYI, sport- not a soul opens your links...except maybe the Closet Homosexual. You two seem to have a lot in common.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#7741 Nov 14, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That's not fear, dummy. And no one in their right mind would clean a firearm in the dark- that you would suggest such a thing reflects an accurate potrait of your thought processes. Also, you cannot gaurantee such a thing- one day you simply won't be here and not a soul will miss you.
Hat-tip to you!

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#7742 Nov 14, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Hat-tip to you!
And to you, sir. You would have to be out of your mind to live in Mexico and be unarmed, besides, hunting is what animals are for!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should they teach this in schools? Aug 14 okimar 3
News FPC Vows Legal Action on Approved California As... Aug 4 jimwildrickjr 1
News WVa AG: Manchin Should Resign Dem Leadership Role Aug 4 JohnInLa 3
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See Jul 31 Red Crosse 185
History of the .233 Remington Jul 31 SummerBB8 1
News Heidi Harris: CCW's On The Rise Jul 29 Get Out 2
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for Jul 25 Been There Done That 4
More from around the web