Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1791 Jan 20, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>You are the king/queen/eunuch of copy and paste.
You will see the c&p caps the Au Dumbo cross-posted, off topic Dumbo spam... and I don't come close to capping them all.

And you have yet been able to post anything that made any sense...

Location hidden

#1792 Jan 20, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you read the entire post.
I only have to go to the part that is silly... which to be frank... with your posts rarely gets into the second post.

Try putting your best stuff up front?

Location hidden

#1793 Jan 20, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>If congress doesn't define restrictions in a gun ban who would? The Brady Bunch?
Have you heard? NY strengthens its assault weapons restrictions?

How many states are there again?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1794 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go move to New York, you would fit in with the those Leftist in the Northeast.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1795 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

And you have yet been able to post anything that made any sense...
That would be because you can't quite understand common sense.

You keep believing that the killer had consent to take the firearms and commit murder (after all of the other crimes) and the rest of the world will stick with he stole them.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1796 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And NY has what to do with the other 49 states (56 if you listen to Barry)? Cuomo wants to run for president, so is grandstanding. At best you might name 10 states that will increase gun laws. Some of the rest will loosen them. Illinois has been court ordered to do the right thing.

Ultimately, the Supreme court gets the cases and makes the decisions with respect to firearms (MacDonald, Heller, et al).

Location hidden

#1797 Jan 20, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
And NY has what to do with the other 49 states
It's over your head, dear.

Like fifth grade English composition and 3rd grade math.

PS: notice how the 56 state stuff worked after four years? I guess most people thought the 47 percent in March and the overseas bank accounts was more important.

Location hidden

#1798 Jan 20, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<
You keep believing that the killer had consent to take the firearms.
I've already explained it to you, Shug. And you copied the definitions here (which backed up what I had already told you twice) and you still don't understand.

You are not very smart... y'h see...

Location hidden

#1799 Jan 20, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>there you go move to New York,
You move to Venezuela, it fits in closer to the Tea Bag mentality.

Brush up on your espaniolly..
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#1800 Jan 20, 2013
From the "Disposition Matrix" to targeted killings not being targeted killings ... to those killings being "ethical and just" we have entered a world even Orwell didn't imagine.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/new-targe...
looney

Huntsville, AL

#1801 Jan 20, 2013
Patriot wrote:
From the "Disposition Matrix" to targeted killings not being targeted killings ... to those killings being "ethical and just" we have entered a world even Orwell didn't imagine.
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/new-targe...
toon. No guns for you!
Try Crime Control

Minneapolis, MN

#1803 Jan 20, 2013
Focus on crime control not crimes commited with a specific weapon by felons.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1804 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You move to Venezuela, it fits in closer to the Tea Bag mentality.
Brush up on your espaniolly..
I am not Tea Bagger besides Chavez's political views dont align with the Tea Party's political views but Hugo Chávez represents the extreme left in Venezuela and the Extreme Left here in the US are advocating the same thing as Chavez but you would like it down there in Venezuela and love it since you seem to align with his views which I know I dont & the Tea Party. You might want to Brush up on your espaniolly..

Venezuela bans private gun ownership

Venezuela has brought a new gun law into effect which bans the commercial sale of firearms and ammunition.

Until now, anyone with a gun permit could buy arms from a private company.

Under the new law, only the army, police and certain groups like security companies will be able to buy arms from the state-owned weapons manufacturer and importer.

The ban is the latest attempt by the government to improve security and cut crime ahead of elections in October

Venezuela saw more than 18,000 murders last year and the capital, Caracas, is thought to be one of the most dangerous cities in Latin America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america...
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1805 Jan 20, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
does this even mean?
In 2013 it is not normal, common or acceptable for anybody to be carrying an assault weapon in the middle of the city. Especially in light of the murderous actions in Newtown and Aurora.
It means YOU are a proven liar. YOU accused me of wanting to push guns into even aspect of civil society...and YOU are a liar because there is NO aspect of civil society where guns haven't been or aren't already.

Can YOU show ANY "aspect of civil society" where guns have NOT been already...?

"In 2013 it is not normal, common or acceptable for anybody to be carrying an assault weapon in the middle of the city. Especially in light of the murderous actions in Newtown and Aurora."

Apparently it is when people are doing it legally and not getting arrested.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1806 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also free to have sex with animals and face the punishment in states that say it's illegal.
Of course, where it is legal... mostly red states.
Explains a lot, eh?
Well if that's what turns your crank...go for it you lying, sick, POS, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1807 Jan 20, 2013
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
this irrelevant crap gets reposted hourly.
Yeah...why do you do that "Sante Fe Spammer"...?
your post

Huntsville, AL

#1808 Jan 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>

repeats a nonsense assertion and makes absolutely no sense. The fact that nobody got arrested does not mean that there is anything normal or acceptable about it.

and I don't lie - so you can go f yourself
Tacoma

Tacoma, WA

#1809 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea... thing is: the Sandy Hook AR-15 massacre was a month ago.
Since Sandy Hook, 1099 people have died by gunfire.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?
Slate partners with @GunDeaths for an interactive, crowdsourced tally of the toll firearms have taken since Dec. 14.

By Chris Kirk and Dan Kois

Posted Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, at 9:00 AM ET

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1810 Jan 20, 2013
Hardly wrote:
<quoted text>
but they don't belong there implicitly threatening decent people and legislators going about their business.
You wear panties, but are still are a bigot in sexual matters. Get help for your conflicted self - it explains your misplaced anger.
Did someone get threatened by a gun owner??? I doubt it, because if that had actually happened, it would have been all over the news about the arrests that followed.

And sorry, but I wear boxers.

How am I a bigot??? And who said I am angry?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1811 Jan 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: shouting fire... theater.
PSS. NOT illegal if there is a fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Handle A Firearm With Your Opposite Hand 2 hr SummerBB8 1
News Aren't American lives worth saving? 5 hr Margaret Sanger hero 28
New Tactical Gear at LAX Ammo OC Store! Mon SummerBB8 1
News Why are there always shootings in the US? Sun youll shoot your ... 1
News Rep. Steve Russell Seeking Solutions To Prevent... Sun Thomas 4
News The news media love America. The government, no... Oct 11 USWarRaceMakeWorl... 144
Best AR-15 – How to Choose the Best AR-Style Ri... (Sep '15) Oct 6 FormerParatrooper 21
More from around the web