Stand your ground laws appear on soli...

Stand your ground laws appear on solid footing

There are 3 comments on the The News-Press story from Jul 22, 2013, titled Stand your ground laws appear on solid footing. In it, The News-Press reports that:

Despite an outcry from civil rights groups, a call for close examination by President Barack Obama and even a 1960s-style sit-in at the Florida governor's office, the jury's verdict that a former neighborhood watch volunteer was justified in shooting an unarmed black teenager is unlikely to spur change to any of the stand your ground self-defense ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Press.

Valdez, AK

#1 Jul 22, 2013
Good...those "civil rights groups" should be looking at why Trayvon was unjustly attacking someone. Then maybe they and others will learn that is NOT acceptable behavior.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Trayvon attacked a white boy (a creepy ass cracker)!

Tupelo, MS

#3 Jul 22, 2013
Trayvon attacked an armed victim. I bet he learned his lesson and does not become a repeat offender.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eight-year-old girl shot dead over a puppy 42 min Cat74 44
News Armed Vet proves NRA wrong and explains why he ... 8 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 86
In America, it's more dangerous to be a little ... 14 hr Truth and Facts 4
News New public shooting range opening in West Virginia (Nov '13) 21 hr Liberal 12
News Why assault rifle sales are booming Oct 7 Jagermann 248
News In this Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015 photo, High B... Oct 5 payme 5
News Poll: Should Christians Arm Themselves? Oct 5 Truth and Facts 17
More from around the web