How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Tray

Ecru, MS

#1964 Apr 6, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>A teacher enters in to a contract with an employer and can have restrictions upon doing so.
Why did you not say Mickey Mouse carries ?
OH my bad. I didn't realize a piece of paper prevented someone from doing what they felt was in their best interest. You do realize getting a drivers license is a contract that you will follow speed laws, there are no speeders in the U.S.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1965 Apr 6, 2013
xando wrote:
Here is an OBJECTIVE look. Study it. ALL of it--don't cherry pick the way you hysterical nuts always tend to.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...
Yet you still avoid, more anti gun laws leads to higher violent crime. Why is that?
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1966 Apr 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
And now.......I will ask again. Are these "shooting range" teachers telling you.....Tray.....that they carry guns in the classroom?
And I asked you again. How do you KNOW for a FACT they don't?
xando

United States

#1967 Apr 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Laws don't stop crime, simply provide punishment for a crime. DUH.
If I'm not mistaken, murderers have been receiving punishment for their crimes as far back as I know about, as have thieves, rapists, and on and on

Are you nuts?

Wait......don't answer that.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1968 Apr 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, murderers have been receiving punishment for their crimes as far back as I know about, as have thieves, rapists, and on and on
Are you nuts?
Wait......don't answer that.
Yet the law did not stop the crime. How does anti-gun laws stop violent crime?
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1969 Apr 6, 2013
Where did all those crickets come from? Ha ha ha.
xando

United States

#1970 Apr 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Yet you still avoid, more anti gun laws leads to higher violent crime. Why is that?
You haven't had time to read the link I provided. When you do, your questions will be answered.

Meanwhile, tell me about teachers who carry in the classroom and how you would know thus.
Wondering

Farmington, NM

#1971 Apr 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> At one time yes you could carry on planes till some idiot said you would be safe if no guns were allowed. WOW was that a lie. 9/11 no guns used. No passengers with guns, good thing too, someone might have gotten hurt.
So why isn't there an outcry from gun supporters against this infringement on their "right" to have a gun on a plane. This is hypocritical to not fight against ALL restrictions, rather than picking an choosing which to cry about. To be consdered legitimate in your stance of defending your 2nd amendment rights, you MUST BE CONSISTENT!!! Otherwise, you come across as a wimp.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1972 Apr 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't had time to read the link I provided. When you do, your questions will be answered.
Meanwhile, tell me about teachers who carry in the classroom and how you would know thus.
If you will read MY link it shows violent crime goes up when anti gun laws are passed yet you dodge that fact. Look up MS enhanced carry. Now answer my question. How do you know for a fact no teacher carries.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1973 Apr 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So why isn't there an outcry from gun supporters against this infringement on their "right" to have a gun on a plane. This is hypocritical to not fight against ALL restrictions, rather than picking an choosing which to cry about. To be consdered legitimate in your stance of defending your 2nd amendment rights, you MUST BE CONSISTENT!!! Otherwise, you come across as a wimp.
Many do, including me. I don't fly anymore. I will not give me business to an entity that violates my rights.
xando

United States

#1974 Apr 6, 2013
http://sandiegofreepress.org/2013/01/some-fac...

That should frost your knickers.

Meanwhile.......again......... .Tray, tell me about teachers who tell you they carry in the classroom.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1975 Apr 6, 2013
Shine the light of truth and the coach roaches of lies scurry into hiding. Well the crickets are putting me to sleep.
xando

United States

#1976 Apr 6, 2013
Crickets chirping, wimp.
xando

United States

#1977 Apr 6, 2013
Oh, BTW Tray, I will not even attempt to read your broken links. You will have to make them clickable.
xando

United States

#1978 Apr 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
Shine the light of truth and the coach roaches of lies scurry into hiding. Well the crickets are putting me to sleep.
At this point you have no credibility with your broken, non-clickable links and lies.

When you implied teachers in this town have told you they carry in the classroom, it became clear you're a blatant liar.

So much for honest, halfway intelligent conversation.
Wondering

Farmington, NM

#1979 Apr 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Many do, including me. I don't fly anymore. I will not give me business to an entity that violates my rights.
Before you can engage in a battle, you must first identify your enemy. It is not airline "business" that won't allow guns or, as you say, "violates my rights". It is the big bad Feds, thru the TSA. You really should think BEFORE you respond!! I still don't know why SELECTIVE infringement is acceptable.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1980 Apr 7, 2013
xando wrote:
Oh, BTW Tray, I will not even attempt to read your broken links. You will have to make them clickable.
That's OK, you already know what they say. Ignoring the facts does not make them go away.
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1981 Apr 7, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point you have no credibility with your broken, non-clickable links and lies.
When you implied teachers in this town have told you they carry in the classroom, it became clear you're a blatant liar.
So much for honest, halfway intelligent conversation.
Where did I specify "your town"? I said "some do". You claimed NON in your town do, do you pat them down yourself or was that just a guess or more like a lie?
Tray

Ecru, MS

#1982 Apr 7, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you can engage in a battle, you must first identify your enemy. It is not airline "business" that won't allow guns or, as you say, "violates my rights". It is the big bad Feds, thru the TSA. You really should think BEFORE you respond!! I still don't know why SELECTIVE infringement is acceptable.
The airlines support the infringement of my rights, including illegal search therefore do not deserve my business. Maybe you should think about that before before you respond. Where did I say "selective infringement" is OK?
xando

United States

#1983 Apr 7, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted tex

Pt> Where did I specify "your town"? I said "some do". You claimed NON in your town do, do you pat them down yourself or was that just a guess or more like a lie?
Yep. Liars always have to backtrack. You're nothing but a blowhard wannabe, thinking your guns make you a big, brave man.

Lie on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting at Lake Hefner Restaurant in OKC 2 hr Joseph DeDominicis 9
News Largest maker of bump stocks will stop acceptin... 2 hr whiney beech 588
News Lash Hansborough: Second Amendment no longer ap... 17 hr The Green Watchdog 9
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... Sat Shelly Bl 1,562
News Committee rejects bill to arm teachers Thu Joseph DeDominicis 3
News Texas Moms Demand Action President Charged for ... Thu judy 16
News Saratoga proposes firearm safety ordinance May 19 WTF 2