How do we protect kids in school?

Jan 8, 2013 Read more: Ruidoso News 6,103

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Read more

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5267 Jul 4, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it did. Reread my link and try again. Leave Scilia's name out if you want and just assume the common definition of the word infringed changed over a 250 year period. Which definition would YOU say applied? The original or the current? Not a judge YOU.
There is only one definition for the word and it doesn't change. YOU can "assume" whatever you like but the word means exactly what it meant when it was written. Your "assumptions" would make the constitution a worthless piece of paper. You already "assume" that freedom means that I have the freedom to do as YOU say. Thank God the constitution and its clear and timeless language prevent people like you from "assuming" us into slavery.

Boggy Creek

#5268 Jul 4, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
What would happen?
In what scenario would you be "forced" to show ID?
Question 1.) I would resist being "forced" to do anything up to and including the use of deadly force.

Question 2.) I haven't a clue. Ask factologist, it's his/her scenario.

Boggy Creek

#5269 Jul 4, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Very good. Now let's assume a new company starts up. An enormous retail gun chain owned only by a multi billionaire named Sam; lets call it Wal-Arms. Now let's suppose the owner's business model puts him in control of domestic as well as foreign wholesale purchases from all the gun mfgs. such that he buys and sells 90% of all LEGAL guns sold in the US.
Now lets suppose he installs a condition of purchase that requires all potential purchasers to take and pass a background check in order to purchase a gun.According to you, this would be within in "rights" to do. Is this correct?
One can't help but notice that you "ran away" and didn't answer my question.

If I don't like the way someone does business, do I have the right to take my business elsewhere?
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#5270 Jul 4, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
Question 1.) I would resist being "forced" to do anything up to and including the use of deadly force.
Question 2.) I haven't a clue. Ask factologist, it's his/her scenario.
1) You walk into a store to purchase alcoholic beverages; the clerk asks for ID; you refuse; clerk refuses to sell. End. Of. Story. If you persisted, YOU would be out of line, and the CLERK would be within his/her rights to use "force."

2) I did not refer anywhere to factologist's existing scenario; I asked under what circumstances you thought you would ever be "forced" to show ID. What are they gonna do? Walk around the counter, grab you, and physically "force" you to relinquish ID??

LOL! As is typical for you, it's just more bravado and macho posturing you save for here on Topix, because the "forcing" ID scenario is one that would never exist.

As usual, you're nothing but hot air.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5271 Jul 4, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Where is that stated in the const.?
The U.S. Constitution is a document that puts limits on government power, not on individual rights. The 10th amendment states that what's not specifically spelled out in the constitution and bill of rights is left to the states and the people.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5272 Jul 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't, PaintChips.
And you don't have a right to touch a gun, if you d, I'll turn you into the front desk.
There you go talking about scraping paint again. Please try to focus. I know it's tough for liberals. Maybe you you should stop posting until you get done repainting? Hey, it's not lead based paint, is it? And your not EATING it, are you? If you are, that might explain your addled brain. You better stop now before you get worse.

As for me, yes, I do have the right to touch a gun. There. Just unlocked and opened the gun cabinet to my right and touched ALL SIX of them in there...and that's just the ones in there! When I go out the vehicles, I'll touch the ones I keep in there just for you...and when I go back to the bedroom I'll touch the ones I keep there too! So guess you'd better get to turnin' me in. Awww...What's amatter, your turner-inner broken?
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5273 Jul 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to cry when someone throws back into your face what you are dishing out?
It makes you look like a real P*.
You make it sound as if I care at all what I look like to you, or any liberal. You people are barely sentient beings.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5274 Jul 4, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you're just a scummy POS gutter-snipe
It's hilarious limp wristed sausage swilling fairy dishes it out makes such a fool of himself when it tossed back in in face.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Squish wanna hankie?

Boggy Creek

#5275 Jul 4, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You walk into a store to purchase alcoholic beverages; the clerk asks for ID; you refuse; clerk refuses to sell. End. Of. Story. If you persisted, YOU would be out of line, and the CLERK would be within his/her rights to use "force."
2) I did not refer anywhere to factologist's existing scenario; I asked under what circumstances you thought you would ever be "forced" to show ID. What are they gonna do? Walk around the counter, grab you, and physically "force" you to relinquish ID??
LOL! As is typical for you, it's just more bravado and macho posturing you save for here on Topix, because the "forcing" ID scenario is one that would never exist.
As usual, you're nothing but hot air.
I never said I expected to be forced to do anything. I responded to the scenario that factologist presented.

As I've said before, if I don't like the way someone does business I'll take my business elsewhere. So the "End. Of. Story." is that someone else will be making a sale. You'd know this if you had paid attention, dumbass.

Your stupidity is only surpassed by your arrogance, that's a combination destined for failure. Try again.....

Location hidden

#5276 Jul 4, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Constitution is a document that puts limits on government power, not on individual rights.
You don't have a right to sell weapons, PaintChips.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#5277 Jul 4, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal policies on sentencing, parole, and dealing with the criminally insane.
What specific policies? Who made the policies? "Liberals" is not an answer; it's your unquestioning rhetoric.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#5278 Jul 4, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I never said I expected to be forced to do anything. I responded to the scenario that factologist presented.
factologist said nothing about "forced" ID, but you responded with:
Squach wrote:
<quoted text> Just try to FORCE me to show ID for a beer and see what happens.
.........therefore, I asked how you would envision that "force" to the point you wouldn't just walk out, as you had previously said.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text> As I've said before, if I don't like the way someone does business I'll take my business elsewhere. So the "End. Of. Story." is that someone else will be making a sale. You'd know this if you had paid attention, dumbass.
Yes. And that's why I asked the question, dimwit. ;-)
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5279 Jul 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go, wandering off into your dementia again. Come on back when your lead poisoning has been treated. Maybe you should open some windows in the room your are painting? The fumes from oil based paint can be tough on the old brain cells, and I think you've lost all of them you can afford to lose!
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5280 Jul 4, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
What specific policies? Who made the policies? "Liberals" is not an answer; it's your unquestioning rhetoric.
Hey, you got something right for a change! Liberals are NOT the answer!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5281 Jul 4, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Constitution is a document that puts limits on government power, not on individual rights. The 10th amendment states that what's not specifically spelled out in the constitution and bill of rights is left to the states and the people.
Just think that 14th amendment stripped the Bill of Rights and it was the SCOTUS that incorporated them down to the state and Local levels

Did the 14th Amendment really incorporate the Bill of Rights?

http://constitutionmythbuster.com/2011/07/28/...

and just think the US constitution is suspended because of the state of emergency.

Yes, America is Still in an Official State of Emergency

http://www.globalresearch.ca/yes-america-is-s...

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has remained in a continuous state of declared National Emergency. Since that time, the American people have lost their rights to government, and these rights have not been restored. The American government now claims the power of right, and rules the people by Statute – not the Constitution – in all cases

http://endthefedusa.ning.com/forum/topics/us-...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5282 Jul 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no rights to Social Security welfare or disability benefits that is for sure.

Social Security’s Sham Guarantee

By Michael D. Tanner

May 29, 2005

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...

Location hidden

#5283 Jul 4, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
There ya go, wandering off into your dementia again.
Don't make me call the front desk, PaintChips.

You know how unhappy you get when they confine you to your room.

Location hidden

#5284 Jul 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Since March 9, 1933, the United States has remained in a continuous state of declared National Emergency
oh WHOA is me!

Tell us about the black UN hellycopters, PA! Iz they coming over the next ridge?

Location hidden

#5285 Jul 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Social Security welfare or disability benefits that is for sure.
And is there any connection to the topic here however remote, AnyOriface?
factologist

Farmington, NM

#5286 Jul 4, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a monopoly and it is ILLEGAL so no he would not be within his rights.
You are just running for the hills. Evading the question. Open price competition is not a monopoly. What I described was exactly the model Sam Walton used to overwhelm the competition.So if you're just skeered f the facts, there is no point in trying to discuss anything with you.
You see? there is the reciprocation thing again, you're within your rights until you violate the rights of someone else.
Yes, but when it comes to background checks, at the very least, you only see that as YOUR rights getting violated. A one way street. You see no background checks means a known psychotic can legally obtain a very deadly weapon, like an hi cap AR15 and kill a slew of people with it. Thereby violating "someone else's rights.That's OK by you, as long as YOUR rights aren't violated. DThis attitude is just another example of you running for the hills. Evading the real issue of WHO gets to decide- you or the legal system.
Let's assume that all of the other venders of firearms file a class action law suit citing unfair business practices and put Wal Arms out of business. Remember free enterprise?
Nothing unfair about my scenario, happens every day. How many businesses do you think Microsoft has run out of business because of "free competition".Perfectly legal.
Quit hiding from the real issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to ban AR-15 bullets 4 hr guest 25
News EDITORIAL: Final open-carry bill must have basi... 9 hr barefoot2626 33
Why I'm for the Brady Bill By Ronald Reagan 10 hr Truth and Facts 11
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... 10 hr Truth and Facts 66
News Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... Mar 30 The real zeke 53
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Mar 30 swedenforever 111
News New and Expanded Online Resource Details Fatal ... Mar 29 payme 14
More from around the web