How do we protect kids in school?

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: Ruidoso News 6,103

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Full Story

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4556 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I wonder, is breathing a natural born right? Of course not. Lots of babies are still born."
You think that made a point? Hell, it don't even make sense.
Yes my breathing is a natural born right that I possess. It is that breathing that I will defend. I will defend it at the cost of the lives of others if they place me in a position to require doing so.
What do you think "...with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life ..." means any way?
Factologist has great difficulty with linear thought, logic, and reality. It's a triple whammy. I'm thinking that a "factologist" must be someone who practices "factus-interuptis" using the ancient art of transcendental flatulence. It's one of those inexact "sciences" based on uncontrolled emotional response and fanciful conjecture.
xando

United States

#4557 Jun 23, 2013
Recent gun laws in California, New York, Connecticut, and Colorado, with more on the way........?? What's up, gun nutters? You keep saying how you will fight to keep your rights, but sabre rattling is all we hear.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4558 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still have not produced them to support YOUR claim.
You told us that the founding fathers who owned slaves released them.

Still waiting.

Location hidden

#4559 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Your claim. Your onus to produce proof of said claim.
Still waiting for you to prove your claim.

Funny how you seem to enjoy facts being crammed up your azz.

Over and over.

Location hidden

#4560 Jun 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
- Thomas Jefferson -(Quoting Cesare Beccaria)
Thomas Jefferson owned over 600 human beings over his lifetime and did not want anyone other than whit e property owners to have firearms.

Location hidden

#4561 Jun 23, 2013
Marauder wrote:
DC v Heller
JusticeScalia wrote:
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.
Justice Scalia
Writing for the majority of the real Supreme Court
Based on the real US Constitution
This century
[United States v.] Heller... 2008

Location hidden

#4562 Jun 23, 2013
Mr NaughtyBits wrote:
Then, in the Japan, guns are almost totally outlawed, yet the Yakuza are able to get them with ease. Gee, I wonder how THAT would be?!?
Oh really?

Why don't you show us with a link to a Yakuza gun crime in Japan?

It seems more people are killed in one city in one weekend in any number of US cities than the entire country of Japan in one year.

Location hidden

#4563 Jun 23, 2013
Mr NaughtyBits wrote:
In the U.S. of A., released felons —amongst others— are disallowed the possession of guns, yet —wonder of wonders— they too get guns with more ease than the non-criminal citizen.
Not hard: they can go to any of the dozens of gun shows every weekend throughout the US and buy them from people like you who are all to happy to sell them firearms without bothering to check their background.
xando

United States

#4564 Jun 23, 2013
The founding fathers instituted strict gun laws that would drive you gunnutters even nuttier if they were in place today.

Not only were guns denied to slaves, they were denied to law abiding white people who were not loyal to the revolution.

Then, of course, there were those intrusive mandated gun inspections.......

BTw,so nice how they loved to own people.

Location hidden

#4565 Jun 23, 2013
xando wrote:
Not only were guns denied to slaves, they were denied to law abiding white people who were not loyal to the revolution.
Not loyal to the revolution- loyal to the king? You mean Tories?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4566 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson owned over 600 human beings over his lifetime and did not want anyone other than whit e property owners to have firearms.
But that's not what he and the other founders put down on paper for posterity......is it? Try again.....
factologist

Farmington, NM

#4567 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I did not leave the party. The party left me."
Ronald Reagan
Yes, Reagan did say that. Referring to leaving the Dem to party Circa 1962. Now did that happen because the Dem party changed or because Reagan changed or both.

Hint: Ronald Reagan started out as a registered Democrat and New Deal supporter. An F.D.R. fan, the Gipper campaigned for Helen Gahagan Douglas in her fruitless 1950 Senate race against Richard Nixon and encouraged Dwight D. Eisenhower to run for President as a Democrat in 1952. While he was working as a spokesman for General Electric, however, his views shifted right.

But any attempt in the years after he switched to claim he was a liberal, will surely fall on deaf ears. But I encourage you to try.
factologist

Farmington, NM

#4568 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>

You think that made a point? Hell, it don't even make sense.
Hell, man, "naturally born" is not even a natural born right. There is no such thing in the non- sense you nut-jobs talk about it!

Rattle,rattle,rattle.
factologist

Farmington, NM

#4569 Jun 23, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
. I will defend it at the cost of the lives of others if they place me in a position to require doing so.
Rattle, rattle, rattle!
What do you think "...with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life ..." means any way?
Not much in the context you reference. Just a bunch of hollow words that sounded good to the writer. But literally it means these rights can't be sold- or bought in the case of slaves.
What do you think it means?

Rattle, rattle, rattle.

Location hidden

#4570 Jun 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>But that's not what he and the other founders put down on paper for posterity......is it? Try again.....
You mean you quote Jefferson and no one is going to notice that he was lying his azz off?
factologist

Farmington, NM

#4571 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you quote Jefferson and no one is going to notice that he was lying his azz off?
Priceless!

Location hidden

#4572 Jun 23, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Priceless!
$20 and it's yours.
xando

United States

#4573 Jun 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not loyal to the revolution- loyal to the king? You mean Tories?
Colonists...patriots/american whigs during the american revolution were adamant about their mandated gun inspections as well as limiting who could own them--tories certainly but anyone who was not completely loyal to the american colonists' fight for independence.

Gun laws--they had 'em.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#4574 Jun 23, 2013
xando wrote:
Recent gun laws in California, New York, Connecticut, and Colorado, with more on the way........?? What's up, gun nutters? You keep saying how you will fight to keep your rights, but sabre rattling is all we hear.
We found it is easier, faster, and cheaper to buy guns from police on the black market. Why pay retail when we can get great discounts from crooked cops and other government agencies. Name brands at low low prices, why shop WalMart? Did I mention, no background check or sales tax?
xando

United States

#4575 Jun 23, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> We found it is easier, faster, and cheaper to buy guns from police on the black market. Why pay retail when we can get great discounts from crooked cops and other government agencies. Name brands at low low prices, why shop WalMart? Did I mention, no background check or sales tax?
So you really have no noble aspirations about fighting for your rights; you just want what you want even if you have to break laws to have it. Kinda makes you a low class criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AK-47s, Now Made in AmericaBy Cliff Schecter Sat Here Is One 5
Women Continue To Line Up For Concealed Carry P... Sat Here Is One 1
ILLEGALS-Unions AGAINST AMERICANS Fri ILLEGALS-UNIONS-v... 1
Illinois Cops: Concealed Carry Law A 'Non-Event... Fri SSG MP American Joe 3
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Thu mike_lance 187
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Jan 20 Here Is One 12,165
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) Jan 16 Cyrus5590 47
More from around the web