How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4255 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Now the chest thumping starts. Predictable. It's the only way you old farts know how to act when you see you're going to lose.
I am curious tho, "safer" from what/whom? You and your 5 buck shot gun? LOL.
You are confused kid.
It is not a "5 buck shotgun".
It is a fully functioning, safety equipped shotgun, with #5 buck.

Location hidden

#4256 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, I'm just mildly miffed. LOL! But that doesn't mean I'm not taking the threat his attitude represents lightly. Abe Lincoln said something to the effect; America cannot be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedom it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Pretty much the same thing that Nikita said around the time he pounded the UN desk with his shoe.

They have a point.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4257 Jun 18, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused kid.
It is not a "5 buck shotgun".
It is a fully functioning, safety equipped shotgun, with #5 buck.
My goodness, grandma, what a big shot you are, err have.
Bet you can take out a lot of wimpy unarmed libs like me. Got me skeered.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4258 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, I'm just mildly miffed. LOL! But that doesn't mean I'm not taking the threat his attitude represents lightly. Abe Lincoln said something to the effect; America cannot be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedom it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
You're breaking my heart, mindfully miffed. People like you have been saying that for generation after generation in this country. It hasn't come true yet and won't for a long time to come. And when our little system is done for, it won't be because of the 2nd. Contrary to your idiotic opines, the 2nd is not and never has been, what holds this country together.
xando

Camp Verde, AZ

#4259 Jun 18, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
When you brainless clowns get so frustrated that your bullshit is falling on deaf ears, that you start shooting Now you knowig<smile>
It must be frustrating for you impotent little warriors......nothing to go out with your guns and fight about, so you get on Topix to assure anyone who might be reading that you,re a big, brave ol boy with big guns.

Oh shudder.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4260 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Oh how I love to hear you people whine.
Yes it does infringe on the 2nd.Good call. More to come as well, pops. More to come. Hopefully, you won't be around to see it; considering your age and condition and all and I would hate for you to have to watch such terrible sights as your flagship "right" going down by the bow. But go down it will, old man. With or without you.
It's good to see a liberal ADMIT that they intend to destroy the U.S. Constitution! So many of you traitorous bastards deny it, ya know!
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4261 Jun 18, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be frustrating for you impotent little warriors......nothing to go out with your guns and fight about, so you get on Topix to assure anyone who might be reading that you,re a big, brave ol boy with big guns.
Oh shudder.
One of them even has a 5 buck shoot gun from the depression.(and nothing to shoot at except cardboard targets).Life got hard- actually soft- for these old farts when the testosterone ran out. Now all they have left is to wait for a revolution that will never come and their Ronald Reagan years which will soon come.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4262 Jun 18, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to see a liberal ADMIT that they intend to destroy the U.S. Constitution! So many of you traitorous bastards deny it, ya know!
All great societies fail, my man. Read some history. You will note I didn't mention how, who or what will cause our failure. IOW, you lied about me admitting I intend to destroy our const. However, I suspect it will be from easily propagandized people like you who blame all our problems on progressiveness, but I have no way of proving it.
But if I may ask what has been the big deed of your little life time that makes you believe your such a great patriot, ya know!?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4263 Jun 18, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, I was thinking about another of my post when I replied to your squirrely comment. In my post you responded to, I was talking about the 2nd. Not the entire const. as you inferred.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4264 Jun 18, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, please forgive my sarcastic question regarding your patriotism.It was out of order. I'm sure you are very patriotic.
xando

Camp Verde, AZ

#4265 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Also, please forgive my sarcastic question regarding your patriotism.It was out of order. I'm sure you are very patriotic.
I think it's an appropriate question, and I'd be interested in responses if any of them so choose.
Wondering

United States

#4266 Jun 18, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you state again that the point and purpose of the background checks is to ensure that criminals, which already obtain their weapons through theft or the black market, continue to be criminals and reenforece the strength of the black market.
Got it.
<rolls eyes>
You may be right kid, the world YOU live in ain't the one I live in. It ain't the one my descendents will live in either.
Was James Holmes a convicted criminal when he LEAGALLY bought all his weapons and ammo in Auora, Colo?

Location hidden

#4267 Jun 18, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shudder.
Nope, not frustrating at all. Why? Because the main point of having them for self defense is so that I do not have to fight. If some fool forces me into it however ...

Big guns?
Nope. Do not need em. A well placed small round is sufficient for most targets.

Location hidden

#4268 Jun 18, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shudder.
Why did you delete the words "at us"?

Location hidden

#4269 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>All great societies fail, my man. Read some history. You will note I didn't mention how, who or what will cause our failure. IOW, you lied about me admitting I intend to destroy our const. However, I suspect it will be from easily propagandized people like you who blame all our problems on progressiveness, but I have no way of proving it.
But if I may ask what has been the big deed of your little life time that makes you believe your such a great patriot, ya know!?
"what has been the big deed of your little life time that makes you believe your such a great patriot, ya know!?"

He actually read the Consitution and took it to heart.
Principles. < THAT's what makes him an AMERICAN Patriot. AMERICAN Principles of freedom.

You airheaded twits seem to think that being an American Patriot is allegience to an American governing body.
You are wrong - kid.

Location hidden

#4270 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I was thinking about another of my post when I replied to your squirrely comment. In my post you responded to, I was talking about the 2nd. Not the entire const. as you inferred.
So?
Your attack is on the most basic of, and at the very center of, our natural born right to life and the defense thereof, and it most definitely IS an attack on our Constitution as well.
You are messing with something that may well get folks killed. You better wake up kid. Old men will not fight with you son, they will shoot you.

Location hidden

#4271 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Also, please forgive my sarcastic question regarding your patriotism.It was out of order. I'm sure you are very patriotic.
Well done.
xando

Camp Verde, AZ

#4272 Jun 18, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you delete the words "at us"?
Lack of coordination.

Location hidden

#4273 Jun 18, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Was James Holmes a convicted criminal when he LEAGALLY bought all his weapons and ammo in Auora, Colo?
Not that I am aware.
I'm wondering tho, just how does that serve your attempt at a point?
You think you have one? Make it.
xando

Camp Verde, AZ

#4274 Jun 18, 2013
You airheaded twits seem to think that being an American Patriot is allegience to an American governing body.
You are wrong - kid.
I've seen similar remarks on here before from you kneejerkers.

What has anyone said that gives you that idea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parkland student fills his clear backpack with ... 45 min deplorable 20
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... 52 min Say What 972
News Are Teachers More Dangerous Than Mass Murderers? 19 hr C Kersey 1
News Largest maker of bump stocks will stop acceptin... 22 hr javawhey 128
News Women are the Fastest Growing Group Getting The... Wed Its Me 2
News Citizens have a right Tue Marauder 7
News No Way': Trump says Second Amendment won't be r... Tue WelbyMD 221