How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2758 May 14, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>So no background checks buys you all of that. Wow. Who woulda' thunk?
Strange tho cause I have recently bought 3 hand guns from an FFL using background checks and I have all those things that squach is whining he doesn't have. Me thinks he's been on the goberment teet too long. I was always taught that the more self reliant and honest one is, the less government intrusion one has.
I guarantee you, after reading this guy's posts, no one, but no one thinks he is dangerous.
Your guarantee ain't worth much.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2759 May 14, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Well my goodness. You have been a busy boy to have accomplished all of that. Still, the big fed list remains and no indication it will disappear.Oh, and at the state level, you seem to have left out those states that have recently enacted VERY STRICT gun laws. Just an oversight, I'm sure.Bwhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Not an oversight, I was listing examples of success. DUH! There are others, of course, but I know that you don't want to hear much about that kind of progress. The "big fed list" will change but it ain't gonna' happen overnight. As the election process moves forward to 2016 those elected will be more inclined to abide by the constitution than those currently in office. Laugh while you can.

Boggy Creek

#2760 May 14, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>You did not. I agree. But it was your son I was writing to. He made the claim you were dangerous. Discuss the issue with him. Straighten it out with him.
No one made any such claim. The claim that was maid is that commie gun grabbing control freaks like yourself perceive self sufficient individualists as dangerous to your insane agenda because we will not submit to your control. Do try to keep up, will ya? So you see, there is nothing to straighten out with him. You are either a blithering idiot who is unable to comprehend the English language or you're deliberately practicing your idiotic exaggeration again. Either way, you're the idiot.

BTW, he's not my son but he would be welcome in my camp anytime, as would any true American. Just in case you need clarification, that doesn't include you.

Boggy Creek

#2761 May 14, 2013
Really wrote:
Hope you aren't confused. I have changed my screen name and will now be known as Really.:-)
Why? I thought Xandope fit you very well.
You have

Huntsville, AL

#2762 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
, he's not my son but he would be welcome in my camp anytime, as would any true American. Just in case you need clarification, that doesn't include you.
a private "boys" camp?

Boggy Creek

#2763 May 14, 2013
Really wrote:
You said you were "extremely active" in your work to protect the 2nd. Why would you be offended if someone asks what that advocacy consists of?
I never called myself an advocate of anything, nor have I said anything about being "active" in working for anything. YOU said that about me.
You have labeled me something and want me to tell you what I do in that area. I have no answer for something YOU made up.
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is that you don't support the gun control lobby? Care to explain? If you speak out in favor of something, campaign for your cause, vote accordingly, etc, that is advocacy/support.

Boggy Creek

#2764 May 14, 2013
You have wrote:
<quoted text>
a private "boys" camp?
Why would you be interested in a "boys" camp? Hmmmmmmmmm? I find that rather disturbing....but no, I have a private hunting camp. However in this instance I used the word "camp" figuratively. I know such subtleties are difficult for you to understand but I'll try to explain them to you if you're confused.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#2765 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
As the election process moves forward to 2016 those elected will be more inclined to abide by the constitution than those currently in office. Laugh while you can.
You are talking about the Tea Party gaggle and for sure, when they are voted out, a lot of needed progressive legislation will be enacted. Jobs for one, CC mitigation, immigration reform and GUN CONTROL. The entire magilla this time including a banned gun list.AND mayyyyyyybe, with Hilary in the White House and Pelosi in the Peoples House, will amend Obama care with Hilary care and have a single payer health care program.
I truly believe we the people are tired of your regressive, stand in the way of progress con-servative politicians and come 2016 we the people will begin to put our country back together.
And I'll be clapping and not laughing. I'm no rub it in your face winner like you.

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2766 May 14, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>But,"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms
Not for much longer:

"Sir, may not human institutions, made by the best wisdom of man for human preservation, receive the light of illustration from institutions established for the same beneficent purpose, by the ordinances of the Diety himself? "The Judge of all the earth" has expounded the laws of the Eternal, so that his prohibition against "shedding man's blood" does aid, not abrogate, his own paramount law of self-preservation, but, in effect, place a weapon in each man's hands to shed that blood in his own defence. Who, then, will, or can deny, to a whole people, united and embodied in the persons of their representatives, under that great institution, their political law--that constitution which makes them a nation, and forms their representatives into a sovereignty--who, I say, dares deny to that sovereignty the same rights of self-defence which appertain, not only to every individual of that nation, but also to every animated being throughout the universe!..."

"[Pages 2971-72]... France has drenched the streets of her own beloved Paris in blood, to secure "freedom of the press." The type, sir, the type must pioneer the sword in the march of freedom. The voice of eloquence may startle the oppressed from his slumber of ages--it may shake the tyrant on his throne of a hundred descents, if they may be found within the compass of its mighty volume; but the more efficient powers of the press may spread out the printed roll of human rights before every human eye. Dare we, sir, dare we snatch that printed roll from the hand of the American people; and that, too, when it is fraught with our own doings touching their own concernments, entrusted by them in our management, but to their use and for their benefit?

"Sir, I do not recollect any thing material, said by the learned advocate, which now remains unanswered: for I pass over, as utterly unworthy of any reply, the allegation that the deed of daring done by the respondent was done by him because a certain letter was not answered by the gentleman from Ohio; not because words were spoken, or because words were printed, but because words were not written; not for a wrong done, but for not doing a wrong. Equally unworthy of notice is the poor evasion which labored to censure the gentleman from Ohio for carrying arms to secure his own personal safety. The bravo--the ruffian--may fill his belt with pistols, and his bosom with dirk-knives, and threaten violence to peaceable citizens, and do all this with perfect impunity; but if such citizens take to themselves weapons for purposes of self-defence--the only lawful cause for which men may ever wear such weapons--they are, as it is said, guilty of provoking aggression, and justly liable to punishment for any violation of the public peace, committed by any assault made on their own person."--Mr. Trisam Burges, Representative of Rhode Island, May 11, 1832.[Debates in Congress. Part III. of Vol. VIII. Register of Debates in Congress, Comprising The Leading Debates And Incidents Of The First Sssion of the Twenty-Second Congree: Together With An Appendix, Containing Important State Papers and Public Documents, and the Laws Enacted During The Session; With a Copius Index to the whole. Volume VIII. Washington: Printed and Published by Gales & Seaton. 1838.]
http://gunshowonthenet.blogspot.com/2013/05/t...
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#2767 May 14, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
How stupid! I'm not gonna read this crap.
I've told you before you've been infringed on and this crap you C&P doesn't change that. You've been infringed on and there's more to come.
We're gonna get your guns. Bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Sucker! What part of infringed on don't you understand?
Infringed on, infringed on, infringed on. What part don't you understand?
Really

United States

#2768 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Why? I thought Xandope fit you very well.
Looks as if you've once again been "extremely active" advocating for the 2nd all day here on Topix. You are such a brave warrior.

Of course, you're too much of a coward to actually answer questions......and you lie a lot.....but......oh well.

Boggy Creek

#2769 May 14, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>You are talking about the Tea Party gaggle and for sure, when they are voted out, a lot of needed progressive legislation will be enacted. Jobs for one, CC mitigation, immigration reform and GUN CONTROL. The entire magilla this time including a banned gun list.AND mayyyyyyybe, with Hilary in the White House and Pelosi in the Peoples House, will amend Obama care with Hilary care and have a single payer health care program.
I truly believe we the people are tired of your regressive, stand in the way of progress con-servative politicians and come 2016 we the people will begin to put our country back together.
And I'll be clapping and not laughing. I'm no rub it in your face winner like you.
What the hell is the "tea party"? I keep getting hit with that garbage and I don't have a friggin clue what the "tea party" is all about nor do I care. Once again you have me confused with those phoney conservatives who are nothing more than psycho control freaks like you. So while you commie control freaks bump heads with the nazi control freaks all of us real Americans just get screwed, is that it? Well guess what, there are way more real Americans (from both sides of the aisle) in the middle than all of you psycho control freaks from both extremes lumped together. I strongly suspect that the up coming elections across the country and into 2016 will confirm this. We're sick of control freaks. I'm a true conservative. Individual rights, individual freedom, individual responsibility, and liberty for all. Those are the important things to the true conservative.
Really

United States

#2770 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quote

d text>So, what you're saying is that you don't support the gun control lobby? Care to explain? If you speak out in favor of something, campaign for your cause, vote accordingly, etc, that is advocacy/support.
So that's what you meant when you said you were "extremely active"? Lol!

You label ME and then want me to justify your label. HAHA

Not the brightest bulb there, are you.

Boggy Creek

#2771 May 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks as if you've once again been "extremely active" advocating for the 2nd all day here on Topix. You are such a brave warrior.
Of course, you're too much of a coward to actually answer questions......and you lie a lot.....but......oh well.
Now you've really hurt my feelings. No really, I'm crushed. I don't know what to say........really. ROTFLMAO!

Please, for your own sake, don't be a melodramatic moron all of your life.

Boggy Creek

#2772 May 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's what you meant when you said you were "extremely active"? Lol!
You label ME and then want me to justify your label. HAHA
Not the brightest bulb there, are you.
I'm still bright enough to know that you label yourself with your comments, I had nothing to do with it.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2773 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still bright enough to know that you label yourself with your comments, I had nothing to do with it.
Naaah, you're not at all bright.

YOU described yourself as "extremely active" in your support of the 2nd, then became defensive when I asked how. Now, why would you react that way? Most people would be glad to share what they do to advance something they're so passionate about. Instead, you call me a communist or something else hysterical and asked me to explain it.

LOL. THAT'S dumb, but then, I am bdginning to see that more and more in you.

Location hidden

#2774 May 14, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Now you've really hurt my feelings. No really, I'm crushed. I don't know what to say........really. ROTFLMAO!
Please, for your own sake, don't be a melodramatic moron all of your life.
Apparently I did hurt your feelings, but that wasn't my objective. I was simply offering my observation.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2775 May 14, 2013
x-and-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah, you're not at all bright.
YOU described yourself as "extremely active" in your support of the 2nd, then became defensive when I asked how. Now, why would you react that way? Most people would be glad to share what they do to advance something they're so passionate about. Instead, you call me a communist or something else hysterical and asked me to explain it.
LOL. THAT'S dumb, but then, I am bdginning to see that more and more in you.
More like >you< have exposed yourself as being nothing more than a boot-licking sycophant; votary of tyranny and usurpation. Now go scurry back under the baseboard, traitor-roach

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2776 May 14, 2013
x-and-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently I did hurt your feelings, but that wasn't my objective. I was simply offering my observation.
Here, observe THIS:

"Sir, may not human institutions, made by the best wisdom of man for human preservation, receive the light of illustration from institutions established for the same beneficent purpose, by the ordinances of the Diety himself? "The Judge of all the earth" has expounded the laws of the Eternal, so that his prohibition against "shedding man's blood" does aid, not abrogate, his own paramount law of self-preservation, but, in effect, place a weapon in each man's hands to shed that blood in his own defence. Who, then, will, or can deny, to a whole people, united and embodied in the persons of their representatives, under that great institution, their political law--that constitution which makes them a nation, and forms their representatives into a sovereignty--who, I say, dares deny to that sovereignty the same rights of self-defence which appertain, not only to every individual of that nation, but also to every animated being throughout the universe!..."

- Mr. Trisam Burges, Representative of Rhode Island, May 11, 1832.[Debates in Congress. Part III. of Vol. VIII. Register of Debates in Congress, Comprising The Leading Debates And Incidents Of The First Sssion of the Twenty-Second Congree: Together With An Appendix, Containing Important State Papers and Public Documents, and the Laws Enacted During The Session; With a Copius Index to the whole. Volume VIII. Washington: Printed and Published by Gales & Seaton. 1838.]

Location hidden

#2777 May 14, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More like >you< have exposed yourself as being nothing more than a boot-licking sycophant; votary of tyranny and usurpation. Now go scurry back under the baseboard, traitor-roach
Don't you have some gun rights to fight for, GunShowTray-tor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate votes to allow concealed carry without p... 1 hr Frank Lee Annoid 4
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Apr 22 American Patriot 417
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Apr 22 Get Out 3
News $25 Million Dollars Pledged To Stop Concealed C... Apr 20 payme 8
News Constitutional carry bills have South Carolina ... Apr 19 Leslie Fish 3
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Apr 19 Fish o watha 69
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... Apr 17 javawhey 41
More from around the web