How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

xando

United States

#2650 May 12, 2013
Naaaah. I don't want you having access to the same weapons our military/government have. No citizen needs nuclear weapons.

You continue to lie and avoid answering my questions.

Why are you so cowardly?
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make what kind of arms I want? What difference does it make what I want them for? As long as I am a law abiding citizen who practices proper care and safety what does it matter? I have not been prevented from obtaining what I want.......yet. If you and your gun grabbing pals had your way I'm quite sure the story would be different. That's why I'm all about seeing that you and your gun grabbing pals don't have your way. There are many unconstitutional laws which infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, the ban that just failed and ineffective background checks are just the latest. We need to work on repealing as many of them as possible. The "assault rifles" (as you erroneously refer to them) are no more or less dangerous than many other types of firearms. If you want to stop the violence, go to the source and work on controlling the violent criminals and psychos walking free among us and stop attempting to control and limit my rights, freedoms, and choices.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2651 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
Naaaah. I don't want you having access to the same weapons our military/government have. No citizen needs nuclear weapons.
You continue to lie and avoid answering my questions.
Why are you so cowardly?
<quoted text>
Guess what, I don't care what you want. My rights are not subject to your whims. I don't care if you call me a liar and a coward either, the facts contradict your accusation. I didn't answer your questions because the answers are none of your f@#king business. I'm not obligated in any way to explain why I exercise my constitutional rights to you or anyone else. Try again, Lefty.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2652 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's break this down since you nuts in this topic appear to be unable to follow the flow of conversation.
I posted a link to an April 2013 survey taken from across the US oshowing that states with weak gun laws had more gun violence.
You responded with the quote below:
<quoted text>
I then told you that your experiences did not equate to universal truth, since you said that my numbers were meaningless and implied your "experiences" illustrated that.
Now, of course there ARE universal truths, like if you put a working, loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger, you will be either killed or injured.
Your experiences are just that and nothing more unless they can be replicated in many diverse places with similar results. You cannot use your lone experience to disprove statistics.
Wrong on all counts.

What court in our nation asks you to tell the whole "universal" truth.

Not one.

Why , because their is no such thing so a court can not ask for something that does not exist in reality.

People are people , and in the USA fall under the same Constitution.

My experiences would be the same in Chicago or San Francisco.

You brought up statistics , not life experience.

Your statistics do not represent anything other then numbers created to make a point that could not be created without the artificial use of tabulation that is skewed.

Of course , that is not a problem until it is fed to cows at the trough.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#2653 May 12, 2013
Yeah, you idiot, it's my right to demand you don't get your hands on nuclear weapons or germ warfare ir chemical warfare. Those are not your rights, jerkoff.

I'm talking about your lies and refusal to show me where I said anything about cops wanting criminals to have more guns. You lied and ran off with your tail tucked between your legs.

Yeah you ARE a coward.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what, I don't care what you want. My rights are not subject to your whims. I don't care if you call me a liar and a coward either, the facts contradict your accusation. I didn't answer you
Lr questions because the answers are none of your f@#king business. I'm not obligated in any way to explain why I exercise my constitutional rights to you or anyone else. Try again, Lefty.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#2654 May 12, 2013
I understand you are wanting to save face, but you're only making it worse.

Universal truth has nothing whatsoever to do with "telling the truth", whether it be to another person or in court.

Universal truth has to do with something holding true---like you were trying to pass off your experiences as if they somehow negated the majority as proven by actual numbers.

I know you won't understand any of this because you simply lack basic intelligence. Tough for you.
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong on all counts.
What court in our nation asks you to tell the whole "universal" truth.
Not one.
Why , because their is no such thing so a court can not ask for something that does not exist in reality.
People are people , and in the USA fall under the same Constitution.
My experiences would be the same in Chicago or San Francisco.
You brought up statistics , not life experience.
Your statistics do not represent anything other then numbers created to make a point that could not be created without the artificial use of tabulation that is skewed.
Of course , that is not a problem until it is fed to cows at the trough.

Don't Tread On Me

#2655 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
I understand you are wanting to save face, but you're only making it worse.
Universal truth has nothing whatsoever to do with "telling the truth", whether it be to another person or in court.
Universal truth has to do with something holding true---like you were trying to pass off your experiences as if they somehow negated the majority as proven by actual numbers.
I know you won't understand any of this because you simply lack basic intelligence. Tough for you.
<quoted text>
Keep typing ,it is better then paying for cable.

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2656 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
"A well regulated Militia, being necesarry to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
What is a well regulated militia?
If laws have been passed regarding guns, have they infringed the people's right to keep and bear? If so, how, since US citizens own millions of guns?
The 2nd does not seem to forbid laws--it warns against infringement.
Only a blind and ignorant traitor could make such a statement. Shall NOT be infringed means PRECISELY that which is written. And, as far as your 'militia' drool:

Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to PREVENT MISCONSTRUCTION or ABUSE of its powers, that further DECLARATORY and RESTRICTIVE clauses should be added: And as EXTENDING the ground of PUBLIC CONFIDENCE in the Government, will BEST ENSURE the beneficent ends of its institution.

RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, ALL, or any of which Articles, when RATIFIED by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be VALID to ALL INTENTS and PURPOSES, as PART of the said Constitution; viz.

ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

Amendment II

DECLARATORY clause;

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,

RESTRICTIVE clause;

the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed.

Why are you joined in the conspiracy to overthrow We The People's Constitution? And this by defending the tyrannical usurpations perpetrated by our perverse public servants in governments? In order to betray your fellow citizens into slavery? What was the price paid to you for your treachory? Was it more than the thirty pieces of silver paid to Judas?

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2657 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Universal truth ...
Care to explain THIS "universal truth"?-

Security Treaty Between the United States and Japan;

“September 8, 1951 (1)

“Japan has this day signed a Treaty of Peace with the Allied Powers.(2) On the coming into force of that Treaty, Japan will not have the effective means to exercise its inherent right of self-defense because it has been disarmed.

“There is danger to Japan in this situation because irresponsible militarism has not yet been driven from the world. Therefore Japan desires a Security Treaty with the United States of America to come into force simultaneously with the Treaty of Peace between the United States of America and Japan.

“The Treaty of Peace recognizes that Japan as a sovereign nation has the right to enter into collective security arrangements, and further, the Charter of the United Nations recognizes that all nations possess an inherent right of individual and collective self-defense.*

“In exercise of these rights, Japan desires, as a provisional arrangement for its defense, that the United States of America should maintain armed forces of its own in and about Japan so as to deter armed attack upon Japan.

“The United States of America, in the interest of peace and security, is presently willing to maintain certain of its armed forces in and about Japan, in the expectation, however, that Japan will itself increasingly assume responsibility for its own defense against direct and indirect aggression, always avoiding any armament which could be an offensive threat or serve other than to promote peace and security in accordance with the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter.”

So, let me see if I understand this correctly. Our government signed a treaty with the Japan. Which had been guilty of GENOCIDE, and various other gross violations of civilized warfare. And then they acknowledge that our ENEMY had an inherent right to self-defense? And yet our same perversely HYPOCRITICAL government has been actively working to undermine our Second Amendment Right, enumerated in our OWN Constitution? Explain, please.....

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2658 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
Yeah, you idiot, it's my right to demand you don't get your hands on nuclear weapons or germ warfare ir chemical warfare. Those are not your rights, jerkoff.
I'm talking about your lies and refusal to show me where I said anything about cops wanting criminals to have more guns. You lied and ran off with your tail tucked between your legs.
Yeah you ARE a coward.
<quoted text>
Why don't you go spew your ignorantly vile treasonous drool elsewhere?

"Congress have NO power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and EVERY OTHER TERRIBLE IMPLEMENT of the soldier, are the BIRTHRIGHT of an American .... The UNLIMITED power of the sword is NOT in the hands of EITHER the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the HANDS OF THE PEOPLE."--Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, February 1788.(Mr. Coxe was a leading proponent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and an American political economist and a delegate for Pennsylvania to the Continental Congress in 1788-1789. He was appointed revenue commissioner by President George Washington on June 30, 1792).

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2659 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
SQUACH:
1.) Read the Militia Act.
XANDO:
Which one?
SQUACH:
2.) YES!
XANDO:
How? As I have said repeatedly, US citizens are extremely well armed and own millions and millions of guns.
SQUACH:
3.) The 2nd does not "warn against infringement", it forbids infringement which includes laws that infringe.
XANDO:
It says the right to keep and bear shall not be infringed. Tell me how your right to keep and bear has been infringed.
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

Unconstitutional 'acts' of congress:

1934 National Firearms Act

1938 Federal Firearms Act

1968 Gun Control Act

1972 Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms created

1986 Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act (They pass a 'law' to protect our HIRED SERVANTS? In VIOLATION of We The People's CONSTITUTIONALLY SECURED RIGHT?)

1990 Crime Control Act

1994 Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

Boggy Creek

#2660 May 13, 2013
xando wrote:
Yeah you ARE a coward.
<quoted text>
Knock yourself out dipshit, nobody is talking about nuclear weapons, chemical agents, or biological weapons. We're talking about firearms dumbass. I didn't lie, I showed you where you said that and you simply ignored it. I didn't run anywhere, I'm still right here pointing out your hysterical and idiotic exaggerations. You are the coward here. A knee-jerk reactionary paranoid coward running away from what it means to be an American and be truly free. Don't get angry with me, it's not my fault you've lost touch with reality.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#2661 May 13, 2013
Once again, below is what I said. Show me where I said ANYTHING about CRIMINALS having assault style weapons. Many cops do NOT want more firearms among the general population. Below is what I said:
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's nice that law enforcement has an OPINION. I wonder if that means they would like to see more people having assault weapons. I'm sure they would.
You dumb POS, just because the conversation took place several days ago does not mean it's not still here, you blithering idiot liar.

We can go through the entire thing again. Show me where I said cops wanted criminals to have more guns, dumbass.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Knock yourself out dipshit, nobody is talking about nuclear weapons, chemical agents, or biological weapons. We're talking about firearms dumbass. I didn't lie, I showed you where you said that and you simply ignored it. I didn't run anywhere, I'm still right here pointing out your hysterical and idiotic exaggerations. You are the coward here. A knee-jerk reactionary paranoid coward running away from what it means to be an American and be truly free. Don't get angry with me, it's not my fault you've lost touch with reality.
xando

Scottsdale, AZ

#2662 May 13, 2013
Check your facts. There was more than one Militia Act.
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a blind and ignorant traitor could make such a statement. Shall NOT be infringed means PRECISELY that which is written. And, as far as your 'militia' drool:
Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to PREVENT MISCONSTRUCTION or ABUSE of its powers, that further DECLARATORY and RESTRICTIVE clauses should be added: And as EXTENDING the ground of PUBLIC CONFIDENCE in the Government, will BEST ENSURE the beneficent ends of its institution.
RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, ALL, or any of which Articles, when RATIFIED by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be VALID to ALL INTENTS and PURPOSES, as PART of the said Constitution; viz.
ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.
Amendment II
DECLARATORY clause;
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
RESTRICTIVE clause;
the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed.
Why are you joined in the conspiracy to overthrow We The People's Constitution? And this by defending the tyrannical usurpations perpetrated by our perverse public servants in governments? In order to betray your fellow citizens into slavery? What was the price paid to you for your treachory? Was it more than the thirty pieces of silver paid to Judas?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2663 May 13, 2013
Dead School Child wrote:
<quoted text>
And with your profile picture. You sir, know the definition of WAY OUT THERE!
What a nut case!
Guns don't kill people!
People WITH guns kill people.
Guns just make bullets go really really fast.
People with guns kill people.
People with baseball bats kill people.
People with knives kill people.
People with crowbars kill people.
People with lead pipes kill people.
People with screwdrivers kill people.
People with garrotes kill people.
People with hands and feet kill people.
People with fertilizer and diesel fuel kill people.
People with Pyrodex kill people.
Etc., etc., ad nauseum.

What is the common denominator here???

Boggy Creek

#2664 May 13, 2013
xando wrote:
Once again, below is what I said. Show me where I said ANYTHING about CRIMINALS having assault style weapons. Many cops do NOT want more firearms among the general population. Below is what I said:
<quoted text>
You dumb POS, just because the conversation took place several days ago does not mean it's not still here, you blithering idiot liar.
We can go through the entire thing again. Show me where I said cops wanted criminals to have more guns, dumbass.
<quoted text>
Once again, I did show you. You lied and then ignored your own words. Plain and simple. It's all there, all you have to do is page back and look. Not my fault that you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions. That seems to be a common thing with you leftist maggots. Keep going, you're making it quite obvious that you're the dumb POS. Now come on back and dig your hole a little deeper. When you lie, exaggerate, twist the words of others into something they didn't say, and generally make a complete fool of yourself don't be surprised if someone points it out. Carry on fool.....

Southeast Virginia

#2665 May 13, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, of course there ARE universal truths, like if you put a working, loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger, you will be either killed or injured.
Your experiences are just that and nothing more unless they can be replicated in many diverse places with similar results. You cannot use your lone experience to disprove statistics.
And who is ultimately responsible for putting that gun to their head?? You libtards would say that it is society's responsibility, when in reality, it is the PERSON HOLDING THE GUN who is responsible.

And ANOTHER UNIVERSAL TRUTH is that no matter how many laws you pass telling someone they can't do something, they will still find a way to do whatever they want. Laws should NEVER be used to infringe on the rights of the law-abiding in the guise of trying to protect them through limitation or banning of a TOOL. Laws should ONLY be used to punish those who infringe on the rights of others through the MISUSE of said tools.
That

Huntsville, AL

#2668 May 13, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>

What is the common denominator here???
you can't face the fact that weapons are designed for killing efficiently and that these other items are not.

You have no case so you post irrelevancies.

Don't Tread On Me

#2669 May 13, 2013
Dead School Child wrote:
<quoted text>
:
Haven't seen any school massacres on FOX about kids who were screwdrivered to death.
Or crowbarred.
Nice try. Hopefully you'll put the TEA down and return to reality.
I hope it stays that way.

Read the news there are always stories about different ways people are killed.

He said he wanted Moore out of his life, and he thought about planting drugs on him, then reporting him to police.

And he considered killing him, he said.

That morning, he hit Moore with what he described as a cable, and as the 42-year-old Moore fell, he hit his head on a four-by-four that bordered the garden. Prosecutors say they recovered a long, metal cylinder-type object and a rope.

Moore was bleeding profusely, and eventually he died, said Dorsett.

Copyright 2013 USATODAY.com

http://www.livingstondaily.com/usatoday/artic...

The suspect's weapon of choice was a hammer.

According to a HCSO report deputies were dispatched to 6427 Black Dairy Rd. in response to a disturbance call. Jonathan Acree, a 48-year-old Tampa man, was standing in the front yard talking to a friend when Brooks struck him from behind with the hammer.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20354782/t...
Follow us:@myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook

Police said a 44-year-old Warrington man killed his wife and son with a baseball bat on Friday night before taking his own life. Authorities said he comitted suicide by laying in front of a train.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/PHI...

Boggy Creek

#2670 May 13, 2013
Dead School Child wrote:
<quoted text>
:
Face it, Army cook, guns empower evil doers!
Very astute, evil doers are THE problem not guns. Guns empower whoever holds them good or evil and are inanimate objects incapable of being either good or evil without a human hand. Glad to see one of you gun grabbing socialists admits that preventing school shootings isn't your real goal (if it was you'd be after the evil doers rather than all law abiding gun owners), you just want to disarm America so you can control it. I mean if you want to destroy American freedom at least be up front about it. Right?

Southeast Virginia

#2671 May 13, 2013
Dead School Child wrote:
<quoted text>
:
Face it, Army cook, guns empower evil doers!
1. I wasn't in the Army, nor was I a cook.
2. 99.99999% of gun owners are NOT evil doers, not matter how much you try to paint them as so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court Continues to Reschedule Concealed... 10 hr AmPieJam UncleSam 3
News Mass shooters tend to be domestic abusers first Jun 20 Jagermann 2
News GOP House hopeful says more in Congress should ... Jun 16 Red Crosse 3
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Jun 15 FormerParatrooper 5
News 2nd Amendment: Good Enough for Kim Kardashian, ... Jun 13 Billyball 4
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Jun 3 Grecian Formula 19 75
News New Thermal Scope Offers Amazing Night Vision Jun 2 OwenJames 1
More from around the web