How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2606 May 12, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>
BS - not in the US not in the world most of us have experienced. The second amendment had nothing to do with promoting personal arsenals because of the irrational fears of a lunatic minority egged on by big money.
What planet are you from? Who said anything about personal arsenals? Although anything more than one weapon can be referred to as an "arsenal". The second amendment has EVERYTHING to do with FORBIDDING the government from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Your idiotic exaggerations do nothing more than make you look.........idiotic. The issue here is our basic rights as identified and guaranteed by the constitution, not your psychotic paranoid rantings. What the hell do you care what kind of arms I have if I am a law abiding citizen who exercises proper care and safety? Who the hell are you to judge the competency of the entire population? Try again, you missed the mark.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2607 May 12, 2013
We need wrote:
<quoted text>
to protect our freedom and liberty from the gun nut extremists whose selfishness, paranoia and fetish for violence over rationality are turning the country into an armed camp.
Take a hike, HYPOCRITE traitor:

The Democratic National Convention which gathered at Chicago on the 29th of August[1864], and presented the names of GEORGE B. McCLELLAN for President, and GEORGE H. PENDLETON for Vice-President, agreed on and adopted the following PLATFORM.

Resolved, That the aim and object of the Democratic party is to preserve the Federal Union and the rights of the States unimpaired; and they hereby declare that they consider the Administrative usurpation of extraordinary and dangerous powers not granted by the Constitution, the subversion of the civil by military law in States not in insurrection, the arbitrary military arrest, imprisonment, trial and sentence of American citizens in States where civil law exists in full force, the suppression of freedom of speech and of the press, the denial of the right of asylum, the open and avowed disregard of State rights, the employment of unusual test-oaths, and the interference with and denial of the right of the people to bear arms, as calculated to prevent a restoration of the Union and the perpetuation of a government deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed.

San Jose, CA.

#2608 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
J<quoted text>
GunShowTray can do nothing but C&P. He has no ability to make his point in his own words, and much of his C&P has nothing to do with the discussion.
I'm not surprised at your ignorance. A universal truth is one that holds true in all times and in all places, which your personal experiences do not--nor do mine.
Universal truth has nothing to do with a hippy philosophy, which was a bit before my time. It is merely something people with a modicum of intelligence should be able to comprehend. Nothing unusual about it.
Of course, you don't seem to get simple things. You don't get that you translatet everything from your perspective which is skewed by a particular set of life experiences. Instead, you consider your particular experience to be universal or ultimate truth.
A mark of the truly obtuse and ignorant.
I'm not surprised.
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

CASE CLOSED.

San Jose, CA.

#2609 May 12, 2013
We need wrote:
<quoted text>
to protect our freedom and liberty from the gun nut extremists whose selfishness, paranoia and fetish for violence over rationality are turning the country into an armed camp.
NO, more like to protect us from demonRat evil:

New "Democratic" Doctrine.

Slavery not to be confined to the Negro race, but to be made the universal condition of the laboring classes of society.

The line of defense, however, is now changed. The South now maintains that Slavery is right, natural, and necessary, and does not depend upon difference of COMPLEXION. The laws of the Slave States justify the holding of WHITE MEN in bondage.

Another Buchanan paper, the leading one in South Carolina, says:

"Slavery is the natural and normal condition of the laboring man, whether WHITE or black.--The great evil of Northern frne Society is, that it is burdened with a servile class of MECHANICS and LABORERS, unfit for self-government, and yet clothed with the attributes and powers of citizens. Master and Slave, is a relation in Society as natural as that of parent and child; and the Northern States will yet have to introduce it. Their theory of free government is a delueion."

There's "Democratic" doctrine for you, with a vengeance; "our theory of free government a delusion,"--"laborin g men, whether white or black, to be slaves,"--Verily, matters are coming to a pretty pass with us.

The Richmond (Va.) Enquirer, Mr. Buchanan's confidential organ, and considered by the "Democratic" party as the ablest paper in the South, speaks as follows in a recent number:

"Repeatedly have we asked the North 'Has not the experiment of universal liberty, FAILED? Are not the evils of FREE SOCIETY INSUFFERABLE? And do not most thinking men among you propose to subvert and reconstruct it?' Still no answer. This gloomy silence is another conclusive proof, added to many other conclusive evidences we have furnished, that free society in the long run is an impracticable form of society; it is everywhere starving, demoralized and insurrectionary.

We repeat, then, that policy and humanity alike forbid the extension of the evils of free society to new people and coming generations.

Washington, 1850.
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbpe.20304000

San Jose, CA.

#2610 May 12, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Hear! Hear! Well said!
Thanks bud.

San Jose, CA.

#2612 May 12, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>I'm curious, what did Johnson accomplish by making this soliloquy? Seems he didn't trust the government not to abuse power any more than you do. However, it has lasted almost 300 years since Johnson made this speech and our government is still intact, complete with delegated and limited power as when it was first formed. This, with a standing and a very powerful military.No sir, the issue is moot, the system works. For you to think and attempt to debate otherwise is folly. Our supreme court has recognized as much in DC vs Hiller.
Can see that you've been drinking the kool-aid. Believe it has blinded you.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2615 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
However, of myself I am nothing.
Finaly, something everyone can agree on.
factologist

Farmington, NM

#2616 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can see that you've been drinking the kool-aid. Believe it has blinded you.
Back attcha'.
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2617 May 12, 2013
Has your arsenal been threatened? If so, how, when, etc.?

You, yourself, made the point that gov weaponry is much more potent and powerful than it was when the 2nd was created. What weapons do you want that you are prevented from acquiring? Why do you want those weapons?
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What planet are you from? Who said anything about personal arsenals? Although anything more than one weapon can be referred to as an "arsenal". The second amendment has EVERYTHING to do with FORBIDDING the government from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Your idiotic exaggerations do nothing more than make you look.........idiotic. The issue here is our basic rights as identified and guaranteed by the constitution, not your psychotic paranoid rantings. What the hell do you care what kind of arms I have if I am a law abiding citizen who exercises proper care and safety? Who the hell are you to judge the competency of the entire population? Try again, you missed the mark.

San Jose, CA.

#2618 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
Has your arsenal been threatened? If so, how, when, etc.?
You, yourself, made the point that gov weaponry is much more potent and powerful than it was when the 2nd was created. What weapons do you want that you are prevented from acquiring? Why do you want those weapons?
<quoted text>
Hey deaf and blind traitor-troll:

What part of THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND do you NOT understand?
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2619 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey deaf and blind traitor-troll:
What part of THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND do you NOT understand?
I will ask again, GunShowTray: since more US citizens own more guns than ever in our history, how how this right been infringed?

Also, I will again ask: what weapons would you like to have that you can't?

Those are simple questions.
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2620 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
CASE CLOSED.
And the right of the people to keep and bear arms has not been infringed. Proof is in the pudding--more US citizens own more guns than ever in the history of America.

So why do you nuts rally and squeal as if someone has grabbed your guns?

You're right--CASE CLOSED.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2621 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
J<quoted text>
GunShowTray can do nothing but C&P. He has no ability to make his point in his own words, and much of his C&P has nothing to do with the discussion.
I'm not surprised at your ignorance. A universal truth is one that holds true in all times and in all places, which your personal experiences do not--nor do mine.
Universal truth has nothing to do with a hippy philosophy, which was a bit before my time. It is merely something people with a modicum of intelligence should be able to comprehend. Nothing unusual about it.
Of course, you don't seem to get simple things. You don't get that you translatet everything from your perspective which is skewed by a particular set of life experiences. Instead, you consider your particular experience to be universal or ultimate truth.
A mark of the truly obtuse and ignorant.
I'm not surprised.
There is no such thing as a universal truth.

Except in your universe , which is way out there .

San Jose, CA.

#2622 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask again, GunShowTray: since more US citizens own more guns than ever in our history, how how this right been infringed?
Also, I will again ask: what weapons would you like to have that you can't?
Those are simple questions.
CRIMINALS prefer unarmed victims. Criminals in governments, as well as the ones on the streets. Which one are you?

San Jose, CA.

#2623 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
And the right of the people to keep and bear arms has not been infringed. Proof is in the pudding--more US citizens own more guns than ever in the history of America.
So why do you nuts rally and squeal as if someone has grabbed your guns?
You're right--CASE CLOSED.
Look traitor, here are the FACTS:

- Our governments were EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN from enacting ANY 'law' which contravenes the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms.

- The delegated 'authority' was DENIED to them. So they have TRANSGRESSED our Constitution, and USURPED 'authority'.

- As a result, THOUSANDS of our people have died.

- THOUSANDS are FALSELY in prison, for having 'violated' UNCONSTITUTIONAL 'laws'.

- And now CRIMINALS are running both our governments AND the streets.

Cowardly traitors, such as yourself for instance. Then perversely cry out for MORE UNCONSTITUTIONAL 'laws'. In order to further protect the CRIMINALS in our governments, AND the criminals on our streets.

If it were not for cowardly traitors, such as yourself. Then We The People would be ARMED, as is CONSTITUTIONALLY INTENDED. And the criminals; in government, and on the streets. Would scurry away back underneath the baseboards. Like the vile little ROACHES that they are.

CRIMINALS prefer UNARMED victims. Both criminals in government, as well as the criminals on the street. WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2625 May 12, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a universal truth.
Except in your universe , which is way out there .
Ok, let's break this down since you nuts in this topic appear to be unable to follow the flow of conversation.

I posted a link to an April 2013 survey taken from across the US oshowing that states with weak gun laws had more gun violence.

You responded with the quote below:
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to claim anyone the fool.

I grew up outside Washington D.C. and worked inside the city and fought fire in and worked in the number one suburban county for homicide.

Your numbers are meaningless .
Tell me how many people who died from gun violence could have been saved by another law stacked on top of laws that already outlawed their killing.
I then told you that your experiences did not equate to universal truth, since you said that my numbers were meaningless and implied your "experiences" illustrated that.

Now, of course there ARE universal truths, like if you put a working, loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger, you will be either killed or injured.

Your experiences are just that and nothing more unless they can be replicated in many diverse places with similar results. You cannot use your lone experience to disprove statistics.
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2626 May 12, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for cowardly traitors, such as yourself. Then We The People would be ARMED, as is CONSTITUTIONALLY INTENDED.
You blithering idiot. I will repeat:

MORE US CITIZENS OWN MORE FIREARMS THAN EVER IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA.

Not only are we ARMED, we are ARMED like never before.

How stupid are you anyway?

San Jose, CA.

#2627 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's break this down since you nuts in this topic appear to be unable to follow the flow of conversation.
I posted a link to an April 2013 survey taken from across the US oshowing that states with weak gun laws had more gun violence.
You responded with the quote below:
<quoted text>
I then told you that your experiences did not equate to universal truth, since you said that my numbers were meaningless and implied your "experiences" illustrated that.
Now, of course there ARE universal truths, like if you put a working, loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger, you will be either killed or injured.
Your experiences are just that and nothing more unless they can be replicated in many diverse places with similar results. You cannot use your lone experience to disprove statistics.
Here's you "universal TRUTH", at least in the United States anyways:

Shove off, traitor.

CRIMINAL prefer unarmed victims. Both the criminals in our governments. As well as the criminals on our streets. Which one are YOU?

San Jose, CA.

#2628 May 12, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
You blithering idiot. I will repeat:
MORE US CITIZENS OWN MORE FIREARMS THAN EVER IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA.
Not only are we ARMED, we are ARMED like never before.
How stupid are you anyway?

What part of that sentence do you NOT understand, TRAITOR?

CRIMINALS prefer unarmed victims. Both the CRIMINALS in our governments. As well as the CRIMINALS on our streets. WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#2629 May 12, 2013
GunShowTray-tor, the right of the people to keep and bear arms has nor been infringed. More US citizens own more guns than ever in the country's history.

You're hysterical over something that does not exist, illiterate imbecilic Tray-tor.
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's you "universal TRUTH", at least in the United States anyways:
Shove off, traitor.
CRIMINAL prefer unarmed victims. Both the criminals in our governments. As well as the criminals on our streets. Which one are YOU?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in Louisiana theatre rampage had histor... 19 hr El Chapo 56
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Mon swedenforever 123
News Louisiana Moms, Aurora Theater Shooting Survivo... Jul 25 payme 2
News Why assault rifle sales are booming Jul 24 Here Is One 242
News Legal Loophole: Concealed carry law Jul 24 CGiven 2
News Treating Firearms Like We Do Cars? Yeaha Lets D... (Feb '12) Jul 22 Ed Hamilton 24
News Hunter safety class is July 30-31, Aug. 1 (Jul '09) Jul 21 vance golden 79
More from around the web