How do we protect kids in school?

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: Ruidoso News 6,103

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2566 May 11, 2013
Tray wrote:
The homicide rate in England and Wales has averaged 52% higher
Higher, eh?

The USA rate is 3.2 and the England and Wales rate is 0.07

Roughly... 45 times higher in the USA.
xando

United States

#2567 May 11, 2013
I'm saying the many variations of "Tray" prove him to be an illiterate, imbecilic fool because of his incessant copying and pasting, often not even reading the novels he cuts and pastes. That borders on mental paralysis. Then, after HE offers "meaningless" numbers (I'm sure you think his are meaningless too?), he literally flies apart with "meaningless" and gratuitous C&P after his numbers are challenged by other numbers.

THAT is what makes him a fool--that, and the way he labels others who see things differently as traitors.

You may have life experience in one place; I have life experience in another. But surveys taken from across the US may contradict what each of us knows to be "true" from our specific life experience.

So, as you have attempted to do more than once, don't be ignorant enough to discount others' experiences because you arrogantly assume yours are the only valid ones.
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to claim anyone the fool.
I grew up outside Washington D.C. and worked inside the city and fought fire in and worked in the number one suburban county for homicide.
Your numbers are meaningless .
Tell me how many people who died from gun violence could have been saved by another law stacked on top of laws that already outlawed their killing.
xando

United States

#2568 May 11, 2013
Careful. Don't confuse GunShowTray with current, correct numbers. It might TRIGGER another screen name.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Higher, eh?
The USA rate is 3.2 and the England and Wales rate is 0.07
Roughly... 45 times higher in the USA.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2569 May 11, 2013
xando wrote:
I'm saying the many variations of "Tray" prove him to be an illiterate, imbecilic fool because of his incessant copying and pasting, often not even reading the novels he cuts and pastes. That borders on mental paralysis. Then, after HE offers "meaningless" numbers (I'm sure you think his are meaningless too?), he literally flies apart with "meaningless" and gratuitous C&P after his numbers are challenged by other numbers.
THAT is what makes him a fool--that, and the way he labels others who see things differently as traitors.
You may have life experience in one place; I have life experience in another. But surveys taken from across the US may contradict what each of us knows to be "true" from our specific life experience.
So, as you have attempted to do more than once, don't be ignorant enough to discount others' experiences because you arrogantly assume yours are the only valid ones.
<quoted text>
I don't read Tray.

My experiences are valid because they come from the streets I walked , the homes I was in , the people I worked with , the prison and jails I delivered to.

All first person.
factologist

Farmington, NM

#2570 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, McVeigh was a murdering scumbag, there was NOTHING American about him.....he was a f@#king NAZI. I told you before, extremists on the right are no better than extremists on the left like you.
And before he turned into a murdering scumbag he was a US government dissident scumbag, just like you. When will you turn?
Also, by any standard chosen, you could be a damn loyal brown shirt. The thing that gives you away the most is your overt intolerance of all who disagree with your prospective of things.(Note, I said "prospective" and not action. You are big on talk, but "missing in action".)You trash mouth others, call them cowards and un American because thy won't stand up to your concept of "freedom". Many, many of us don't have that concept and won't stand up for yours.
What's interesting is you won't stand up for your own beliefs. Otherwise, you would be "out there".
I challenge you, faker, to join in the July 4th march on DC. Put some action where your big mouth is.
Turbo

Taos, NM

#2571 May 11, 2013
How can extremists on the left and right be compared in this argument? Tree hugging peace loving anti theist vegans on the far left vs hate mongering westboro baptist lunatics and neo nazi militants on the right...npr on the left and rush limbaugh on the right

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2572 May 11, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>And before he turned into a murdering scumbag he was a US government dissident scumbag, just like you. When will you turn?
Also, by any standard chosen, you could be a damn loyal brown shirt. The thing that gives you away the most is your overt intolerance of all who disagree with your prospective of things.(Note, I said "prospective" and not action. You are big on talk, but "missing in action".)You trash mouth others, call them cowards and un American because thy won't stand up to your concept of "freedom". Many, many of us don't have that concept and won't stand up for yours.
What's interesting is you won't stand up for your own beliefs. Otherwise, you would be "out there".
I challenge you, faker, to join in the July 4th march on DC. Put some action where your big mouth is.
You're loosing it again. YOU are the dissident here. I'm speaking out in support of what has ALWAYS been American. I am defending the constitution and its easily discerned true meaning. YOU are the one attempting to make restrictive, un-American, and unwelcome changes to the law of the land.

Boggy Creek

#2573 May 11, 2013
Turbo wrote:
How can extremists on the left and right be compared in this argument? Tree hugging peace loving anti theist vegans on the far left vs hate mongering westboro baptist lunatics and neo nazi militants on the right...npr on the left and rush limbaugh on the right
You seem to have overlooked communists in your glance at the extreme left and the extremist militant animal rights loonies. How about the eco-terrorists? Give me a break, the extreme left has it's fair share of scum.
Is a communist dictator any better than a nazi dictator?
A well

Santa Fe, NM

#2574 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

I am defending the constitution and its easily discerned true meaning.
-regulated militia ready to address the vulnerability of a young nation with a small standing army to the British on our shores and northern border.

Not personal, unrestricted, unregulated arsenals thousands of times more powerful and deadly than anything conceivable at that time for the purpose of talking macho trash about overthrowing the government.
factologist

Farmington, NM

#2575 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
YOU are the one attempting to make restrictive, un-American, and unwelcome changes to the law of the land.
As judged by you, a narrow minded, self servicing bigot with no respect for country or mankind.
Really

Santa Fe, NM

#2576 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have overlooked communists in your glance at the extreme left and the extremist militant animal rights loonies. How about the eco-terrorists? Give me a break, the extreme left has it's fair share of scum.
Is a communist dictator any better than a nazi dictator?
now? Communists. As if that is something relevant to anything in America. Vandalism by animal rights activists and the imaginary eco-terrorists is relevant? Please stop being a kook!

Boggy Creek

#2577 May 11, 2013
A well wrote:
<quoted text>
-regulated militia ready to address the vulnerability of a young nation with a small standing army to the British on our shores and northern border.
Not personal, unrestricted, unregulated arsenals thousands of times more powerful and deadly than anything conceivable at that time for the purpose of talking macho trash about overthrowing the government.
Do you people ever get tired of these pointless and idiotic exaggerations?
xando

United States

#2578 May 11, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I don't read Tray.
My experiences are valid because they come from the streets I walked , the homes I was in , the people I worked with , the prison and jails I delivered to.
All first person.
I don't care whether or not you read GunShowTray. You asked me who I was to be calling him a fool. I was explaining. Maybe if you would read him before making a judgment, you would see what I mean.

As for the validity of your experience.......uh.......like wise.

It still does not translate to universal truth, nor does mine. That us my point.
How

Santa Fe, NM

#2579 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Do you people ever get tired of these pointless and idiotic exaggerations?
much more powerful is the weaponry available today? Do you really think that the framers were imagining our society of 300 million many living in cities? Nope they were thinking about their particular situation.
xando

United States

#2580 May 11, 2013
I am on the left, but I am neither a tree hugger, nor am I a vegan, although I practice a healthy lifestyle and stay fit.

I do have a strong intolerance for hate mongering as seen among the extremists of the right wing Bible thumping sort who think everyone must tow their line, or they are traitors who are going to hell.

Oh......and I do own a gun.

:)
Turbo wrote:

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2581 May 11, 2013
xando wrote:
Do you EVER have anything to add to the discussion other than a bunch of gibberish?
<quoted text>
She said while looking at her pitiful face in the mirror...
xando

United States

#2582 May 11, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Do you people ever get tired of these pointless and idiotic exaggerations?
Wait.....aren't you a paranoid worrier that your arsenal is going to be confiscated by "gun grabbers"?

HAHAHA

And you think others exaggerate. Lol

San Jose, CA.

#2583 May 11, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
much more powerful is the weaponry available today? Do you really think that the framers were imagining our society of 300 million many living in cities? Nope they were thinking about their particular situation.
They had grenades. Cannon that they loaded with glass, pieces of metal, and various other goodies. And they were well aware of what was to come. Speaking about it frequently in the debates in congress. If you were to extract your head fro your posterior. Then perhaps you could study and learn about REALITY. And not have to rely on the spoon-fed droolings of your treasonous 'masters'.

San Jose, CA.

#2584 May 11, 2013
xando wrote:
and stay fit....<quoted text>
Except for mentally, eh? Else, why would you continually work so hard fighting against REALITY?

San Jose, CA.

#2585 May 11, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care whether or not you read GunShowTray. You asked me who I was to be calling him a fool. I was explaining. Maybe if you would read him before making a judgment, you would see what I mean.
As for the validity of your experience.......uh.......like wise.
It still does not translate to universal truth, nor does mine. That us my point.
The only "point" you have. Is the one perched on top of your flat, empty head, traitor-troll.

“The best definition of citizen, according to European writers, which I have been able to find, is a "native or inhabitant of a city vested with its freedom and liberties." The "freedom and liberties," or "privileges and immunities," essential to a citizen, were those I have mentioned; and although the name was original confined to the inhabitant of a city, yet when these principles were diffused among, and conferred on, the inhabitants of the country, they, having the same attributes, took the name. The rights of an American citizen are essentially the same: to elect, be elected, and bear arms in his defence; they are essential, for, divest him of these, and you divest him of his citizenship. He has other essential rights, those of property and personal security under the protection of laws fairly administered; but he has these in common with foreigners, and in some respects with slaves."
- Senator John Holmes, of Maine, Dec. 9, 1820.[Abridgment of the Debates of Congress, from 1789 to 1856. FROM GALES AND BEATON'S ANNALS OF CONGRESS, FROM THEIR REGISTER OF DEBATES; AND FROM THE OFFICIAL REPORTED DEBATES, BY JOHN C RIVES. Pg. 681.(John Holmes (March 14, 1773 – July 7, 1843) was an American politician. He served as a U.S. Representative from Massachusetts and was one of the first two U.S. Senators from Maine).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Well Armed Woman Program - where the femini... 8 min Squach 86
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 19 min Squach 11,499
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 1 hr How so 370
Suspected school shooter described as popular, ... 1 hr Tory II 2
SAF lawsuit challenges Illinois CCW statute Fri Tory II 1
3 year old shoots AR and survives Fri Kentucky-Mitch 15
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Thu Explain yourself 13

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE