How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

factologist

Farmington, NM

#2485 May 10, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to spoil your day but for now we still have something called a Constitution.
Are you from Chicago ?
Happy to spoil your day but the constitution doesn't condone rebellion or every kind of arms or everybody having guns or carrying any where you choose.
BTW your America never existed and never will. 51% of we the people are just not as ignorant about the const. as you are. Neither is 5/9ths of the SC.
Are you from Texas or Miss. or SC or Mont or La, or...? Come to think of it, your kind of ignorance is unfortunately in every state.Some states more than others, ya'll.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2486 May 10, 2013
Squash my America wrote:
Aw, just arm all the little bastids and last one standing is the winner.
Don't be a mental cripple all of your life. Seek help while you still can.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2487 May 10, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you've ever discussed the idea with a cop, but I have, and many of them utter those sentiments--they say in some situations it may be difficult to distnguish the good guy from the bad guy, making their jobs more difficult. They don't like the idea of armed citizens possibly contributing to the problem.
I should do my own cop poll sometime, with carefully chosen questions and presented to a specific group on the internet who can answer at will, depending on how strongly they feel.
REALLY?

"The law-enforcement support site PoliceOne.com has released the results of a massive survey in which “more than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals” were asked 30 questions about current gun control proposals. The results may surprise you.“Contrary to what the mainstream media and certain politicians would have us believe,” writes Police One Editor in Chief Doug Wyllie,>>>>> >>>>>“police overwhelmingly favor an armed citizenry, would like to see more guns in the hands of responsible people, and are skeptical of any greater restrictions placed on gun purchase, ownership, or accessibility.”."<< <<<<<<< <
http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/345198...

Would suggest you far-reach for another talking point.
Among

Santa Fe, NM

#2488 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No gun free zones???? That hasn't stopped you guys from putting up GUN FREE ZONE signs all over the damn place.
The rest of your post is nothing more than a continuation of your baseless accusations, attempts at character assassination, and ridiculous exaggerations because you can't muster the logic and facts to support your lunacy.
the sane, most aspects of life have been gun-free zones for the last hundred years. It was only with the rise of the paranoid gun nutters that you had to make it official.

San Jose, CA.

#2489 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
Nope not from chicago, from ohio buddy. When the constitution was made we have account for the context of the times it was made. When they made the constitution they didn't have assault rifles or uzis or shotguns. They had muskets, it took 2 minutes just to fire one round. The founding fathers had no idea that these type of weapons would be created in the future, with 100x the killing power. They didn't have mass shootings or gang violence.
"The national government is one of enumerated powers, and a power enumerated and delegated by the Constitution to Congress is comprehensive and complete, without other limitations than those found in the Constitution itself...."

"...The Constitution is a written instrument, and, as such, its meaning does not alter. Its language, as a grant of power to the national government, is general and, as changes come in social and political life, it embraces all new conditions within the scope of the powers conferred.

"In interpreting the Constitution, recourse must be had to the common law and also to the position of the framers of the instrument and what they must have understood to be the meaning and scope of the grants of power contained therein must be considered...."---U.S. Supreme Court, South Carolina v. United States, 199 U.S. 437 (1905).

Boggy Creek

#2490 May 10, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! He sees you for what you are. Your changing my name is an example of your childish and ignorant way of discussion. Bare foot sees you for exactly what you are and he's not alone.
I changed your name to reflect your propensity for ignoring facts, like you just did. If you think for one moment that the opinion of an un-American gun grabbing extremist like you or barefoot is going to cause me to lose any sleep.......think again. What you see is a true American standing up for true American freedom and values. You can call it whatever you like but your lies and delusions have no power to change truth and facts.

San Jose, CA.

#2491 May 10, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Happy to spoil your day but the constitution doesn't condone rebellion or every kind of arms or everybody having guns or carrying any where you choose.
BTW your America never existed and never will. 51% of we the people are just not as ignorant about the const. as you are. Neither is 5/9ths of the SC.
Are you from Texas or Miss. or SC or Mont or La, or...? Come to think of it, your kind of ignorance is unfortunately in every state.Some states more than others, ya'll.
"We established, however, some although not all its important principles. The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent (as in electing their functionaries executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves, in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved), or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person,freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press."--Thomas Jefferson, To John Cartwright. vii, 356.(M., 1824.)(Jefferson Cyclopedia).

San Jose, CA.

#2492 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You insist you have that right: to sell guns to anyone you please.
So we can be sure you would if the price was right.
You couldn't be "sure" if the sun came up in the morning, traitor-troll.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2493 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
Nope not from chicago, from ohio buddy. When the constitution was made we have account for the context of the times it was made. When they made the constitution they didn't have assault rifles or uzis or shotguns. They had muskets, it took 2 minutes just to fire one round. The founding fathers had no idea that these type of weapons would be created in the future, with 100x the killing power. They didn't have mass shootings or gang violence.
That has nothing to do the constitution.

Muskets were the assault rifles of the day just as swords were the weapon of choice in King Arthur's day.

Your thinking about loading times is meaningless as this was solved by using soldiers in formation where ones reloading were supplemented by others shooting and for colonist under the Kings thumb this was , indeed ,gang violence .

Be that as it may it does not rise to change the meaning of the founders words.

When you are ready to give up free speech because we have sound equipment or the internet get back to me.

San Jose, CA.

#2494 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
I am an american i just realize how problematic guns have made life here. So many gun related deaths each year its mind blowing. We got kids killing kids so much that its become a freakin norm. When stuff like Sandy Hook happened people scream for something to get done. The answer is in everyone's face that the problem was the guns and how available they are and the kinds of guns being sold. Aint nobody got no legit reason to own a AK47 at home, i don't care what you say. What they say "Im hunting deer with my AK47." A blatant lie. What you need assault what small army is going to invade your home, or maybe its an army of deer with shotguns and razors seeking revenge. Totally unnecessary, and people proclaim its there right. Well maybe so, but just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.
Those who say "it can't happen here" are totally oblivious to historical FACT;

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1932-33 Soviet Dictator Joseph Stalin's 'government' sponsered famine, causing the deaths of 7 to 10 million in the Ukraine.

1937-38 Japanese soldiers 'Rape' Nanking province of China, causing the deaths of 300,000.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 6 million Jews and countless others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.(Some estimates bring the total closer to 13 million

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Pol Pot's Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, over 2,000,000 people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated by the Khmer Rouge.

1992-95 Bosnia-Herzegovina conflict; 200,000 dead.

1994 Rwanda, Hutu militia kill 800,000 Tutsis.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of 'gun control' or from the lack of being able to defend themselves: about 64,700,000

Spelled out, that is;

SIXTY-FOUR MILLION,

SEVEN-HUNDRED

THOUSAND PEOPLE!

There are some reports, that the total number Murdered, is actuallly MUCH HIGHER!

See:'Innocents Betrayed' on the J.P.F.O. website....

(170,000,000)
http://www.innocentsbetrayed.com/index2.htm

Boggy Creek

#2495 May 10, 2013
Among wrote:
<quoted text>
the sane, most aspects of life have been gun-free zones for the last hundred years. It was only with the rise of the paranoid gun nutters that you had to make it official.
You're almost right. It was with the advent of the gun-grabbers that all kinds of STUPIDITY like gun free zones were forced on us by the knee-jerk reactionary legislation of said gun grabbers. People who legally carry don't always make it obvious so how do you know that those areas were gun free? The likelyhood is that there were guns there, they were just in the hands of normal sane law abiding citizens. Where I was raised you have always been legally able to carry and we never had any problems like the ones we see today. The guns are the same, it's the people who are different. The liberal justice system has been putting violent criminals back out on the street for years. The insane asylum system was dismantled by the liberals and replaced with what? Nothing. So we now have more violent criminals and homicidal crazies roaming free among us than ever before. Stop expending all of this time and effort trying to restrict the honest citizen and go after the source of the problem i.e. the criminals and crazies who are roaming our streets and the liberal policies/laws that allow them to be free to kill.
Arrogant

Akron, OH

#2496 May 10, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do the constitution.
Muskets were the assault rifles of the day just as swords were the weapon of choice in King Arthur's day.
Your thinking about loading times is meaningless as this was solved by using soldiers in formation where ones reloading were supplemented by others shooting and for colonist under the Kings thumb this was , indeed ,gang violence .
Be that as it may it does not rise to change the meaning of the founders words.
When you are ready to give up free speech because we have sound equipment or the internet get back to me.
I know were not going to get rid of guns but they need to be limited and controlled seriously. I hunt i have no issues with hunting rifles and hand guns like 9mm. Assault rifles are not necessary. And in regards to the constitution, it has been put aside when necessary in the past. Lincoln did it and it helped contributed to the freeing of black slaves. Im not saying throw out the entire constitution, just do this one thing so we can save lives.
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#2497 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I was raised you have always been legally able to carry and we never had any problems like the ones we see today..
there's way more guns and firepower, less responsibility, more macho BS to compensate for the changing roles in society, less sense of community and more people insisting that having a right and being right are more important than doing right.
Arrogant

Akron, OH

#2498 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
1932-33 Soviet Dictator Joseph Stalin's 'government' sponsered famine, causing the deaths of 7 to 10 million in the Ukraine.
1937-38 Japanese soldiers 'Rape' Nanking province of China, causing the deaths of 300,000.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 6 million Jews and countless others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.(Some estimates bring the total closer to 13 million
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Pol Pot's Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, over 2,000,000 people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated by the Khmer Rouge.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of 'gun control' or from the lack of being able to defend themselves: about 64,700,000
Spelled out, that is;
SIXTY-FOUR MILLION,
SEVEN-HUNDRED
THOUSAND PEOPLE!
There are some reports, that the total number Murdered, is actuallly MUCH HIGHER!
(170,000,000)
If the government wanted too they could still accomplish genocidal killings. There would be little we could do to resist them. Having assault rifles would not change that outcome. Technology has changed things forever, we would need alot more than just guns to resist.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2499 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY?
Police endorse background checks.

WASHINGTON, D.C.- The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) has announced its strong support for The Public Safety And Second Amendment Rights Protection Act. U.S. Senators Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) are sponsors of the bill that will prohibit a national gun registry, allow concealed carry permit holders to skip background checks altogether, and enable active duty military to buy a gun in their home state. The bill can be read here.

Kenneth Coppola, Chief of Police, Aldan Police Department in Delaware County said: "As a local police chief, my top priority is keeping our communities safe. Keeping guns out of the hands of individuals with a violent criminal background or who have been determined by a court of law to be mentally deficient is common sense and will enable us to better protect our residents. For responding to concerns of the law enforcement community on the need for expanded background checks, I thank Senator Toomey for standing up to the extremes on both sides and finding a reasonable solution to a dangerous problem."

Location hidden

#2500 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<
Turkey isn't in the USA.

Location hidden

#2501 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
USSR: not in the USA.

Boggy Creek

#2502 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
<quoted text>
I know were not going to get rid of guns but they need to be limited and controlled seriously. I hunt i have no issues with hunting rifles and hand guns like 9mm. Assault rifles are not necessary. And in regards to the constitution, it has been put aside when necessary in the past. Lincoln did it and it helped contributed to the freeing of black slaves. Im not saying throw out the entire constitution, just do this one thing so we can save lives.
If you hunt and own guns then you should know that the weapons they are attempting to ban aren't even really assault rifles, they just look like an assault rifle. None of the weapons available to the general public are capable of automatic fire, a true assault rifle is. The only difference between what they call an "assault rifle" and my semi-auto hunting rifle is the stock. The firing mechanism is exactly the same and extended magazines can be bought or made for just about any weapon that uses a detachable magazine. I agree that we need to do something to reduce the insane violence and save some lives but I disagree that restricting/abrogating the rights of all Americans is the way to do it. Not only do I think it is the wrong way to go to solve the problem, I think it is an extremely dangerous precedent to set. If we allow this right to be abrogated.......what's next.......and there will be a next if we don't put a stop to it. The 2nd was authored as insurance for the rest of the rights guaranteed by the constitution and that's why it's under attack. Without it our other rights are undependable and easy prey.

Location hidden

#2503 May 10, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
Not remotely connected to gun control, sweetie.

PS: China is not in the USA.
Squash my America

Phoenix, AZ

#2504 May 10, 2013
Having guns to defend themselves against the federal govt sure worked out for the Native Americans, didnut.
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelled out, that is;
SIXTY-FOUR MILLION,
SEVEN-HUNDRED
THOUSAND PEOPLE!
(170,000,000)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth About Reloading 3 hr payme 48
News Treating Firearms Like We Do Cars? Yeaha Lets D... (Feb '12) 16 hr Here Is One 19
News St. Louis Zoo Court Order against the Exercise ... 21 hr True facts 8
News Why assault rifle sales are booming Thu okimar 102
News Why are assault weapon sales jumping? Because t... Thu Here Is One 47
This is the NRA’s worst nightmare: Thu Here Is One 18
News No wedding for Bristol Palin Jun 30 General 39
More from around the web