How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

factologist

Huntsville, AL

#2465 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>As usual, the leftist liberal has NOTHING but pitiful attempts at character assassination. Your false and unfounded accusations do nothing to detract from the fact that you're an imbecile who thinks the constitution is something to wipe your arse with. We can only hope that you will choke on your own foul lies and rid us of your annoying presence.
I see barefoot hit a nerve.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2466 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an outright lie; but then, we expect that from you do.
What most mass murderers share is the desire to go out "in a blaze"- they expect to die, most carry at least one firearm if they are seriously injured instead of being killed by return fire.
And we know you would sell these scum firearms, given a chance.
Yeah, but they want to play God and kill at will until help arrives. The more victims the better they like it. That's why they choose targets where they are reasonably sure people will be unarmed, so there will be no effective resistance until the police get there. When is the last time you heard of a mass shooter attacking a firearms target range where everyone has a gun within easy reach? DUH! When is the last time you heard of a mass shooter attacking a "GUN FREE ZONE"? Oh wait! That's what happened in Sandy Hook, isn't it. You idiots advertised the fact that NO ONE could stop a psycho shooter in this zone before the police get there. Now you want to restrict/punish millions of law abiding gun owners because some psycho shooter saw your advertisement and took you up on it. If there are armed individuals at the target site the psycho freak will most likely be shot dead before he/she can get off more than one or two shots. That doesn't fit their plan, no going out "in a blaze" just shot dead before much damage could be done. That's why they choose unarmed targets like the ones you and your pals advertize so publically. There is no lie in the above statement.

As to your ridiculous comment about selling guns, I don't sell guns to anyone. Neither do I wish to see guns in the hands of psychos and criminals. The way to prevent that is control/confine/execute the psychos and criminals who commit these heinous acts, not restricting/abrogating the rights of all law abiding Americans. Don't be a complete idiot all of your life.

Boggy Creek

#2467 May 10, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>I see barefoot hit a nerve.
Not at all Factignorist. I call a spade a spade and an idiot an idiot. The only thing you see is barefacedliarfoot getting called out for being so incredibly stupid and taking the conversation into the gutter. But then that's just another one of those troublesome facts that you ignore.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2468 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but they want to play God and kill at will until help arrives.
As long as people like you sell them their firearms they can't get from licensed dealers...

Location hidden

#2469 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
When is the last time you heard of a mass shooter attacking a firearms target range where everyone has a gun within easy reach?
Todd Getgen | Attorney Todd Getgen, 42, was taking his custom AR-15 to the range to squeeze of a few rounds. It would be the last thing he ever did. After arriving at a shooting range in Cumberland County, Pa., Getgen was seen by Raymond Peake, 66, a former prison corrections officer intent on overthrowing the US government. According to ABC 27, Peake coveted Getgen’s rifle. So Peake murdered Getgen at the shooting range, filling him with so many bullet fragments that the coroner who conducted his autopsy was unable to list the injuries in sequence. Until pleading no contest and receiving a life sentence, Peake had claimed that Getgen was already dead when he arrived at the gun range – Peake claimed that he was only taking Getgen’s rifle in order to help arm an insurrectionary group committed to rising up against the government.

Location hidden

#2470 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>As usual, the leftist liberal has NOTHING but pitiful attempts at character assassination.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can dish it out but cry like a five year old boy when it's tossed back in my face!

Poor baby: wanna hankie, Squish?

Location hidden

#2471 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
When is the last time you heard of a mass shooter attacking a "GUN FREE ZONE"?
There is no such thing as a gun free zone in the USA, sweetie.

There are 275 million guns here.

Not as immoral people- such as yourself- are willing to sell firearms to mental cases, felons, and wife beaters- firearms will always be in the hands of the wrong people.

And organizations such as the NRA who demand special rights for people like you to have the "right" to carry firearms- even assault weapons- into public places, including schools, universities, bars and churches.

Location hidden

#2472 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
As to your ridiculous comment about selling guns, I don't sell guns to anyone.
You insist you have that right: to sell guns to anyone you please.

So we can be sure you would if the price was right.

Boggy Creek

#2473 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Todd Getgen | Attorney Todd Getgen, 42, was taking his custom AR-15 to the range to squeeze of a few rounds. It would be the last thing he ever did. After arriving at a shooting range in Cumberland County, Pa., Getgen was seen by Raymond Peake, 66, a former prison corrections officer intent on overthrowing the US government. According to ABC 27, Peake coveted Getgen’s rifle. So Peake murdered Getgen at the shooting range, filling him with so many bullet fragments that the coroner who conducted his autopsy was unable to list the injuries in sequence. Until pleading no contest and receiving a life sentence, Peake had claimed that Getgen was already dead when he arrived at the gun range – Peake claimed that he was only taking Getgen’s rifle in order to help arm an insurrectionary group committed to rising up against the government.
Funny, that doesn't sound like a mass shooting to me. We were talking about mass shooters, ya know. Try to pay attention. One can only assume that poor Mr. Getgen was shot first in the back by the cowardly psycho while he was alone at the range. There was only one victim and no witnesses. Doesn't really fit in the conversation we're having.

Boggy Creek

#2474 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You insist you have that right: to sell guns to anyone you please.
So we can be sure you would if the price was right.
No, that's not what I insist at all. I insist that I have the right to buy and posses guns. Once they come into my possession, I don't let go of them. In my life time I have only let go of three firearms, the one I gave my eldest sone, the one I gave my youngest son, and the one I gave my father on his 75th birthday (which has come back to me after his passing at 86). You can certainly be sure that if "the price is right" I will BUY guns. The only way any of my other weapons will ever leave my possession is over my dead body. You really should start paying attention so you don't make such an ass of yourself every time you post.
Arrogant

Akron, OH

#2475 May 10, 2013
Take away the guns and force everyone to have to fist fight like back in the old days. Guns complicate things too much and i have little respect for gun die hards. Now people who fight with there fist and feet i respect its more in your face and personal and usually doesn't end in death. You never hear about anyone going on a rampage and punching everyone at work, they would get the crap beat out of them. If i had it my way we would all be reduced to fist fighting and sword fighting. Two men gotta a problem they just pull out samurai swords lol.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2476 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
Take away the guns and force everyone to have to fist fight like back in the old days. Guns complicate things too much and i have little respect for gun die hards. Now people who fight with there fist and feet i respect its more in your face and personal and usually doesn't end in death. You never hear about anyone going on a rampage and punching everyone at work, they would get the crap beat out of them. If i had it my way we would all be reduced to fist fighting and sword fighting. Two men gotta a problem they just pull out samurai swords lol.
Are you claiming to be both an USA citizen and sane ?
Gustavo

Charlottesville, VA

#2477 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
Smartest post of the day.
Squash my America

Charlottesville, VA

#2478 May 10, 2013
Aw, just arm all the little bastids and last one standing is the winner.

Boggy Creek

#2479 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a gun free zone in the USA, sweetie.
There are 275 million guns here.
Not as immoral people- such as yourself- are willing to sell firearms to mental cases, felons, and wife beaters- firearms will always be in the hands of the wrong people.
And organizations such as the NRA who demand special rights for people like you to have the "right" to carry firearms- even assault weapons- into public places, including schools, universities, bars and churches.
No gun free zones???? That hasn't stopped you guys from putting up GUN FREE ZONE signs all over the damn place.

The rest of your post is nothing more than a continuation of your baseless accusations, attempts at character assassination, and ridiculous exaggerations because you can't muster the logic and facts to support your lunacy.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#2480 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all Factignorist. I call a spade a spade and an idiot an idiot. The only thing you see is barefacedliarfoot getting called out for being so incredibly stupid and taking the conversation into the gutter. But then that's just another one of those troublesome facts that you ignore.
Wrong! He sees you for what you are. Your changing my name is an example of your childish and ignorant way of discussion. Bare foot sees you for exactly what you are and he's not alone.
Squash my America

Charlottesville, VA

#2481 May 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No gun free zones???? That hasn't stopped you guys from putting up GUN FREE ZONE signs all over the damn place.
The rest of your post is nothing more than a continuation of your baseless accusations, attempts at character assassination, and ridiculous exaggerations because you can't muster the logic and facts to support your lunacy.
Stupidest post of the day.
Arrogant

Akron, OH

#2482 May 10, 2013
I am an american i just realize how problematic guns have made life here. So many gun related deaths each year its mind blowing. We got kids killing kids so much that its become a freakin norm. When stuff like Sandy Hook happened people scream for something to get done. The answer is in everyone's face that the problem was the guns and how available they are and the kinds of guns being sold. Aint nobody got no legit reason to own a AK47 at home, i don't care what you say. What they say "Im hunting deer with my AK47." A blatant lie. What you need assault what small army is going to invade your home, or maybe its an army of deer with shotguns and razors seeking revenge. Totally unnecessary, and people proclaim its there right. Well maybe so, but just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2483 May 10, 2013
Arrogant wrote:
I am an american i just realize how problematic guns have made life here. So many gun related deaths each year its mind blowing. We got kids killing kids so much that its become a freakin norm. When stuff like Sandy Hook happened people scream for something to get done. The answer is in everyone's face that the problem was the guns and how available they are and the kinds of guns being sold. Aint nobody got no legit reason to own a AK47 at home, i don't care what you say. What they say "Im hunting deer with my AK47." A blatant lie. What you need assault what small army is going to invade your home, or maybe its an army of deer with shotguns and razors seeking revenge. Totally unnecessary, and people proclaim its there right. Well maybe so, but just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.
Sorry to spoil your day but for now we still have something called a Constitution.

Are you from Chicago ?
Arrogant

Akron, OH

#2484 May 10, 2013
Nope not from chicago, from ohio buddy. When the constitution was made we have account for the context of the times it was made. When they made the constitution they didn't have assault rifles or uzis or shotguns. They had muskets, it took 2 minutes just to fire one round. The founding fathers had no idea that these type of weapons would be created in the future, with 100x the killing power. They didn't have mass shootings or gang violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How will President Trump shape crime and polici... (Nov '16) 7 hr Scott Lane 7
News 2nd Amendment still poses issues 13 hr javawhey 1
Safe carry Mon payme 24
News Reader Reaction Forum: Will concealed carry mak... (Jun '11) Jan 17 Hendo 45
News Secret sting operation by the GAO blows away th... Jan 12 Say What 3
News Malloy: Bump stocks should be banned in Connect... Jan 12 Say What 3
News NJ's new governor could sue feds over concealed... Jan 5 jimwildrickjr 2
More from around the web