How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2340 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answer questions. I will ask again: where did I say police would be happy if more criminals had assault weapons?
(BS on the screen names.)
QUOTE who="xandope"
Post #2295
"So 91% of law enforcement officers that responded said a ban on assault style weapons would have no effect or a negative effect on reducing violent crime.
Well, that's nice that law enforcement has an OPINION. I wonder if that means they would like to see more people having assault weapons. I'm sure they would."
(Not BS on the screen names dipsh!t, prove your accusation or STFU.)
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2341 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you concluding that from the PoliceOne poll? LOL
So few members responded, does that mean that the 385,000 who did not respond think that a ban would be helpful? And not even ALL of the 15,000 who responded agreed a ban would have no impact.
I'm afraid you're gonna have to do better.
They all had an opportunity to express their opinion and who is to say the majority that did answer didn't agree with those that did.

In the HuffPost/YouGov poll, 90 percent of Democrats, 64 percent of independents, and 60 percent of Republicans said that they support background checks. One thousand people were polled, 220 million adults were not polled..
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2342 May 6, 2013
Correction -didn't answer

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2343 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answer questions. I will ask again: where did I say police would be happy if more criminals had assault weapons?
(BS on the screen names.)
Why are you so interested in We The People's right being violated? How much are you being paid to betray your fellow American citizens?
Gustavo

Dillwyn, VA

#2344 May 6, 2013
"In 2010, there were more suicides in the U.S., 38,000-plus, than there were fatal motor vehicle accidents.

Most disturbing, that spike among the middle-aged, a 28 percent rise overall, a 40 percent jump among white Americans, and among men in their 50s, suicides increased by more than 48 percent. Guns remained the leading method used in all suicides, followed by poisoning, overdoses and suffocation."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-jun...

Guns and illegal aliens are going to be the death of white Americans. LOL

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2345 May 6, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
"In 2010, there were more suicides in the U.S., 38,000-plus, than there were fatal motor vehicle accidents.
Most disturbing, that spike among the middle-aged, a 28 percent rise overall, a 40 percent jump among white Americans, and among men in their 50s, suicides increased by more than 48 percent. Guns remained the leading method used in all suicides, followed by poisoning, overdoses and suffocation."
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-jun...
Guns and illegal aliens are going to be the death of white Americans. LOL
No, more like treasonous politicians and illegal aliens are the biggest cause. AND WHEN WE RID OURSELVES OF THOSE IRRITANTS, then things will return to normal.
So another

Huntsville, AL

#2346 May 6, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, more like treasonous politicians and illegal aliens are the biggest cause. AND WHEN WE RID OURSELVES OF THOSE IRRITANTS, then things will return to normal.
violent threat from GunBlow.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2347 May 6, 2013
So another wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite traitor.

BTW, how much do your 'masters' pay you to betray your fellow American citizens?

Or, are you even an American?

Boggy Creek

#2348 May 6, 2013
So another wrote:
<quoted text>
So you classify calling for ridding our country of traitors and subversive invaders a violent threat? The only way that makes any sense is if YOU are a traitor and/or a subversive invader. Care to explain?

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2349 May 6, 2013
So another wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your master doing here, traitor?-

Feds Requested Targets With Children and Pregnant Women
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/it...

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/0...
xando

United States

#2350 May 6, 2013
I'm still not seeing where I said anything about CRIMINALS having more guns. Perhaps you can show me where I said that.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE who="xandope"
Post #2295
"So 91% of law enforcement officers that responded said a ban on assault style weapons would have no effect or a negative effect on reducing violent crime.
Well, that's nice that law enforcement has an OPINION. I wonder if that means they would like to see more people having assault weapons. I'm sure they would."
(Not BS on the screen names dipsh!t, prove your accusation or STFU.)
More

Des Moines, IA

#2351 May 6, 2013
So another wrote:
<quoted text>
mental diarrhea from the Santa Fe Sock Puppet.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2352 May 6, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>mental diarrhea from the Santa Fe Sock Puppet.
Hat-tip!

Boggy Creek

#2353 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
I'm still not seeing where I said anything about CRIMINALS having more guns. Perhaps you can show me where I said that.
<quoted text>
Really? You're pathetic.
xando

United States

#2354 May 6, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You're pathetic.
You have attached your own twisted meaning to what I said.

I was speaking of the population in general. You see, I have a couple of friends who are cops, and neither of them would like to see more assault weapons among the citizens--law abiding or not.

In fact, if you would read the PoliceOne poll, it addresses that idea, with the respondents saying that would be ok with them.

Of course, it's.pretty obvious your kneejerk reactions are in control of you.
xando

United States

#2355 May 6, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so interested in We The People's right being violated? How much are you being paid to betray your fellow American citizens?
The only one I can see here being a facist dictator is you. You really seem to want everyone to shut up and agree with your nonsense, or they're "traitors."

What's that quote.......something like, "not all conservatives are stupid people, but all stupid people are conservatives,"

I'll have to look it up and properly credit it, because it certainly applies here.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#2356 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking of the population in general. You see, I have a couple of friends who are cops, and neither of them would like to see more assault weapons among the citizens--law abiding or not.
In fact, if you would read the PoliceOne poll, it addresses that idea, with the respondents saying that would be ok with them.
"The law-enforcement support site PoliceOne.com has released the results of a massive survey in which “more than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals” were asked 30 questions about current gun control proposals. The results may surprise you.“Contrary to what the mainstream media and certain politicians would have us believe,” writes Police One Editor in Chief Doug Wyllie,“police overwhelmingly favor an armed citizenry, would like to see more guns in the hands of responsible people, and are skeptical of any greater restrictions placed on gun purchase, ownership, or accessibility.”."
http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/345198...
xando

United States

#2357 May 6, 2013
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."

John Stuart Mill

Boggy Creek

#2358 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of S@#t it ain't funny. So now you're saying that your "couple of friends who are cops" trump all of those who responded to the poll? Do you even read what you write? You can't remember what you said, who you said it about, or who you said it to! And when you do remember what you said, you deny saying it! My knee-jerk reactions? Hell, I ain't the one jumping up and down trying to ban slingshots every time some asshole breaks the law. You're a real piece of work....

Boggy Creek

#2359 May 6, 2013
xando wrote:
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill
Spoken like a true liberal bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should they teach this in schools? Aug 14 okimar 3
News FPC Vows Legal Action on Approved California As... Aug 4 jimwildrickjr 1
News WVa AG: Manchin Should Resign Dem Leadership Role Aug 4 JohnInLa 3
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See Jul 31 Red Crosse 185
History of the .233 Remington Jul 31 SummerBB8 1
News Heidi Harris: CCW's On The Rise Jul 29 Get Out 2
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for Jul 25 Been There Done That 4
More from around the web