How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2260 Apr 29, 2013
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>The Patriot Act was a knee jerk reaction by Bush and other politicians that never should have made it off the ground and should have been repealed entirely by now.
The billís that Feinstein and her cronies tried to pass in the end would ban people from selling or passing on certain (Banned) weapons and magazines to their own family members. They couldnít even be passed down to their children after the original owner dies. In effect your surviving spouse and children would become criminals overnight. Youíre wrong though, there is a behind the door confiscation scheme going on.
Passing knee jerk and emotional Gun control bills just to pass a bill is the same mentality that got us into a war with Iraq! Hillary Clintonís line makes the case, Clinton was asked by a University of New Hampshire professor why she refused to apologize for voting to give Bush the authority for the March 2003 invasion.
"I take responsibility for my vote. It was a sincere vote based on the facts and assurances we had at the time. Obviously I would not vote that way again if we knew then what we know now," she said, her oft-repeated explanation.
H.R. 138 would ban transfer or possession of standard-capacity magazines, targeting those that hold more than 10 rounds.
H.R. 141 would impose federal regulation of gun shows. This legislation would require background checks on all gun sales at guns shows, and impose addition federal regulations on these traditional local events.
H.R. 142 would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases, require a federal license for all ammunition sellers and mandate reporting of "bulk" ammo purchases.
H.R. 21 would ban all private firearms transfers.
H.R. 34 & H.R. 117 are both gun registration bills overriding long standing protections of gun owner privacy.
Excellent post !
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2261 Apr 29, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you talking about? Your tone is antagonistic and confrontational while, if I understand you correctly, you're agreeing with me. Pardon me if I find that confusing. Please clarify.
Many pardons. I'd read soooo many 'blogs' that they all seemed to run together...We're in agreement.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2262 Apr 29, 2013
xando wrote:
What a bunch of hypocritical bs by some in this thread.
There is no confiscation of guns; the Obama administration has actually repealed some gun laws; millions of Americans purchase and own guns--more than ever in the history of this country.
And yet, these fake, swaggering cowboys bellow, swagger and rally for their 2nd amendment rights while embracing The Patriot Act as it erodes the first, fifth and sixth amendment rights of US citizens, while actually paving the way for gun confiscation.....the thing that keeps these hypocrites awake at night.
Ignorant individuals like yourself keep politicians in the thick of things...you vote on bubba...your vote completely devoides the constitution...you go. You pass your opinion off as 'gospel'...well done! When you and people like you have accomplished what you've set out to accomplish, where will you go for the freedom our forefathers and all those who died in the interim, go? There is no place left on earth. Swaggering cowboys? Is that what we've reduced our citizens to? Those that uphold our constitution as compared to the liberals are now actually being compared to anti government 'cowboys'? You give up your 2nd ammendment rights sir/maadame...as for me? Ain't gonna happen...not on my watch. Yee ha...my name is.....I own a 45 and am not about to give any or part of my rights up for any liberal idiot who actually believes this crap is constitutional....Move bubba. I'm not about to. I hear Sweden is pretty liberal...
xando

Camp Verde, AZ

#2263 Apr 30, 2013
It's obvious you don't even read what you reply to......or, as is typical of the ignorant, you are very selective. You see only what you want.

My point is the hypocrisy of you hysterical 2nd amendment screechers to the exclusion of all else. It doesn't bother you that the first, fourth, fifth and sixth amendments are being violated as we speak. However, it's only the second you can see.

Such ignorance.

BTW, I own a couple of guns, too--have for years, and not ONCE has anyone confiscated them.

Better start using yours, though, since The Patriot Act is stripping you of your Bill of Rights.
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#2264 Apr 30, 2013
xando wrote:
It's obvious you don't even read what you reply to......or, as is typical of the ignorant, you are very selective. You see only what you want.
My point is the hypocrisy of you hysterical 2nd amendment screechers to the exclusion of all else. It doesn't bother you that the first, fourth, fifth and sixth amendments are being violated as we speak. However, it's only the second you can see.
Such ignorance.
BTW, I own a couple of guns, too--have for years, and not ONCE has anyone confiscated them.
Better start using yours, though, since The Patriot Act is stripping you of your Bill of Rights.
xando the wonder turd has spoken!
xando

United States

#2265 Apr 30, 2013
Hard for you to take, huh. Is that why you're stammering?
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text>xando the wonder turd has spoken!
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2266 May 1, 2013
xando wrote:
Such ignorance.
You better start standing up for your 2nd bubba because if you don't, all the rest will slip by the wayside....once your personal protection is gone? You're just a victim, ask any familial decendants of the jewish faction who have a history of a completely obliterated family history by Nazi Germany during WWII. You're ignorance is frightening. Without our 2nd? Oh I give up....where will you go from here? We're it bubba. Protect it or die. Now, as to the 'big deal' of teachers carrying firearms? If they are qualified, keep their 'arms' within their person or in a secure area...and will save my child's life? Not an issue. Period. You can liberal yourself into some other country, as for me and mine? We have a constitution. It protects us. That's what 'Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day' is all about. Go play with....as for me and mine? We respect our country, our veterans, those who fought for your right to spew your rhetoric. I'll protect my children. Your children. My family, your family. Period. Thank God for people like me. God Bless people like you.
xando

United States

#2267 May 2, 2013
Yeah?(Whatever it was you said. You do ramble don't you).

Wake up fool. The Patriot Act has already invaded you rights. Better draw your guns now.
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
You better start standing up for your 2nd bubba because if you don't, all the rest will slip by the wayside....once your personal protection is gone? You're just a victim, ask any familial decendants of the jewish faction who have a history of a completely obliterated family history by Nazi Germany during WWII. You're ignorance is frightening. Without our 2nd? Oh I give up....where will you go from here? We're it bubba. Protect it or die. Now, as to the 'big deal' of teachers carrying firearms? If they are qualified, keep their 'arms' within their person or in a secure area...and will save my child's life? Not an issue. Period. You can liberal yourself into some other country, as for me and mine? We have a constitution. It protects us. That's what 'Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day' is all about. Go play with....as for me and mine? We respect our country, our veterans, those who fought for your right to spew your rhetoric. I'll protect my children. Your children. My family, your family. Period. Thank God for people like me. God Bless people like you.
Off

Huntsville, AL

#2268 May 2, 2013
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>

topic nonsense
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2269 May 2, 2013
xando wrote:
Yeah?(Whatever it was you said. You do ramble don't you).
Wake up fool. The Patriot Act has already invaded you rights. Better draw your guns now.
<quoted text>
Patriot Act invading my rights? Me thinks it's there to 'protect' my rights. If and when my government steps outside the boundary of what the multitude wishes, that too will change. This is after all...America...In the interim? I'll keep 'rambling' away. And, as for me and mine. I believe in the Constitution. I believe our forefathers knew what we'd be facing in the years to come, they lived it, they wanted to protect us from the tyranny they faced daily. Taxation without representation, political rhetoric and the vision of a free country without a emperor/king. A republic. Where every opinion counts. Keep an open mind. Close your mind and heart to others....big mistake. Try listening once in a while. You're opinion is not the only opinion. There are millions of individuals like yourself who have strong convictions like you do. Albeit a difference of opinion. Why was the Constitution worded the way it was? Do you think they put their lives on the line for hypocrisy? What were they were facing at that exact moment in our country's history? Their goal? To protect their children, their children's children, etc from tyranny. As for me? I vote to keep my firearms. Period, and I'll die protecting the rights my forefathers provided for me, just as hundreds of thousands of patriots have done. Thank God for the soldier who is willing to lay down his life to protect your 'opinion', and mine. He'll get my vote every time.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2270 May 2, 2013
Off wrote:
<quoted text> topic nonsense
Man/woman of few words. Well said....
and how would you protect children in school? Take law abiding citizen's rights away? Of course...that'll keep the drugs off the street and the gang shootings down...not. It will NOT stop the crazies from obtaining guns and gunning down innocent people. More laws? Why? The laws we have cover that. Enforce them. Period.
quit

Huntsville, AL

#2271 May 2, 2013
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
? Take law abiding citizen's rights away?.
lying - that is not on the table.
xando

United States

#2272 May 2, 2013
........uh........no one has taken your guns.

BUT The Patriot Act allows the goverrnment to seize businesses' records, which could pave the way for gun confiscation.

Of course, I suspect you have no clue what is contained within The Patriot Act, or surely you would be "fighting to the death" to keep your freedoms.

You think The Patriot Act is there to protect your rights???? HAHAHAHA! How were your rights protected before? What about the Bill of Rights? Believe it or not, there are more than just the 2nd.
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriot Act invading my rights? Me thinks it's there to 'protect' my rights. If and when my government steps outside the boundary of what the multitude wishes, that too will change. This is after all...America...In the interim? I'll keep 'rambling' away. And, as for me and mine. I believe in the Constitution. I believe our forefathers knew what we'd be facing in the years to come, they lived it, they wanted to protect us from the tyranny they faced daily. Taxation without representation, political rhetoric and the vision of a free country without a emperor/king. A republic. Where every opinion counts. Keep an open mind. Close your mind and heart to others....big mistake. Try listening once in a while. You're opinion is not the only opinion. There are millions of individuals like yourself who have strong convictions like you do. Albeit a difference of opinion. Why was the Constitution worded the way it was? Do you think they put their lives on the line for hypocrisy? What were they were facing at that exact moment in our country's history? Their goal? To protect their children, their children's children, etc from tyranny. As for me? I vote to keep my firearms. Period, and I'll die protecting the rights my forefathers provided for me, just as hundreds of thousands of patriots have done. Thank God for the soldier who is willing to lay down his life to protect your 'opinion', and mine. He'll get my vote every time.
xando

United States

#2273 May 2, 2013
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
More laws? Why? The laws we have cover that. Enforce them. Period.
Now I'm confused.

You said we need The Patriot Act to protect our rights. Why? We have laws to protect our rights. Enforce them.
Wondering

Farmington, NM

#2274 May 2, 2013
Thank GOD the 5 year old in Kentucky that shot and killed his 2 year old sister with HIS BIRTHDAY GIFT did not have his "rights" infringed. I'm sure his parents, or whomever bought the gun for him, were GOOD people with guns.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2275 May 3, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Thank GOD the 5 year old in Kentucky that shot and killed his 2 year old sister with HIS BIRTHDAY GIFT did not have his "rights" infringed. I'm sure his parents, or whomever bought the gun for him, were GOOD people with guns.
Exactly how does that tragedy have anything to do with the millions of firearms owners who practice normal safety and don't have these kinds of "accidents"? The negligence of someone I don't even know is reason to restrict my rights? What happened to individual responsibility? I'm not responsible for the negligence of the individual who left a loaded weapon for toddlers to play with and neither are the millions of other law abiding gun owners. Stop trying to hold all of society responsible for the actions of a few individuals. Save your righteous indignation for those individuals who create the problems and leave the law abiding gun owners alone.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#2276 May 3, 2013
Wondering wrote:
No just bad parenting skills. The irresponsible mother allowed a 5 year old child to play with the weapon as if it were a toy. But youíre right, the 2A, NRA and responsible gun owners are to blame.
Gustavo

Monroe, VA

#2277 May 3, 2013
Wondering wrote:
In the gun nuts' world, the 2 yr old would have been packing a concealed and quickly and efficiently dispatched the 5 yr old once he started waving his piece around. Yes sir!

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#2278 May 3, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
In the gun nuts' world, the 2 yr old would have been packing a concealed and quickly and efficiently dispatched the 5 yr old once he started waving his piece around. Yes sir!
Don't be a complete idiot all of your life.
Wondering

Farmington, NM

#2279 May 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly how does that tragedy have anything to do with the millions of firearms owners who practice normal safety and don't have these kinds of "accidents"? The negligence of someone I don't even know is reason to restrict my rights? What happened to individual responsibility? I'm not responsible for the negligence of the individual who left a loaded weapon for toddlers to play with and neither are the millions of other law abiding gun owners. Stop trying to hold all of society responsible for the actions of a few individuals. Save your righteous indignation for those individuals who create the problems and leave the law abiding gun owners alone.
I did not say you were responsible for the "negligence" of the parents/guardians of theses kids. What I cannot support, is your "fighting to death" the RIGHT of these idiots to be able to purchase MORE GUNS, even as we speak, without ANY restrictions or even background checks. I believe they should be charged with child abuse resulting in death, similiar to a DWI related death. I'm sure they are at a gun show at his moment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See 10 min Lawrence Wolf 147
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for 58 min Been There Done That 4
News DC Circuit Tosses DC's Concealed Carry Ban 1 hr Mr Manfredgensenden 1
News Should they teach this in schools? 3 hr okimar 1
News Dove Hunting: Think Wires, Water, Treeline Breaks 3 hr okimar 1
News Black Women Picking Up Firearms For Self-Defense 3 hr okimar 1
News Black women picking up firearms for self-defense 10 hr Laredo 1
More from around the web