All gun owners aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally: Phillip Morris

Oct 3, 2012 Full story: Cleveland.com 433

Perhaps that makes us all safer in the long run. Our guns - lots of them -- are what protect us from our neighbors and our government, right? It's what the founders envisioned -- a "well-armed militia," loosely translated as an well-armed citizenry.

Full Story

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#45 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a cop or collaborator, just educated.
Unfortunately, you let college stand in the way of your education.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#46 Oct 7, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
When in the time of the Founders of the United States, was 'concealed carry' of a weapon considered a 'privilege?'
Please DO reference the appropriate laws and other literary matters.
If you can't, or won't, do such, then your credibility on the matter is severely, if not totally, compromised.
I have not done a lot of research, but I believe concealed carry was looked down upon in the open carry era.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#47 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't "BELIEVE" that it is a privilege, it factually is.
See, this is what I am talking about.

You confuse your beliefs with knowledge.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#48 Oct 7, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not done a lot of research, but I believe concealed carry was looked down upon in the open carry era.
One of the first concealed carry convictions that went to a State Supreme Court was struck down as a violation of the State Constitution, Bliss v Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1822.

Bliss v. Commonwealth 12 Littell 90 Ky. 1822

"That the provisions of the act in question do not import an entire destruction of the right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the state, will not be controverted by the court; for though the citizens are forbid wearing weapons concealed in the manner described in the act, they may, nevertheless, bear arms in any other admissible form. But to be in conflict with the constitution, it is not essential that the act should contain a prohibition against bearing arms in every possible form--it is the right to bear arms in defence of the citizens and the state, that is secured by the constitution, and whatever restrains the full and complete exercise of that right, though not an entire destruction of it, is forbidden by the explicit language of the constitution."

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...

Unfortunetly, soon after this Court decision, the State Constitution was changed to include a prohibition of carrying concealed arms. The fact remains, with no specific language in a constitution addressing the manner in which arms are carried, then concealed carry without any sort of license or permit would be constitutional.

"...and in the twenty eighth section of the same article of the constitution, it is expressly declared, "that every thing in that article is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall forever remain inviolate; and that all laws contrary thereto, or contrary to the constitution, shall be void."

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#49 Oct 7, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to be thought educated, you should speak as though you are.
You want me to control your thoughts? Marvelous.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#50 Oct 7, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the first concealed carry convictions that went to a State Supreme Court was struck down as a violation of the State Constitution, Bliss v Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1822.
Bliss v. Commonwealth 12 Littell 90 Ky. 1822
"That the provisions of the act in question do not import an entire destruction of the right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the state, will not be controverted by the court; for though the citizens are forbid wearing weapons concealed in the manner described in the act, they may, nevertheless, bear arms in any other admissible form. But to be in conflict with the constitution, it is not essential that the act should contain a prohibition against bearing arms in every possible form--it is the right to bear arms in defence of the citizens and the state, that is secured by the constitution, and whatever restrains the full and complete exercise of that right, though not an entire destruction of it, is forbidden by the explicit language of the constitution."
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...
Unfortunetly, soon after this Court decision, the State Constitution was changed to include a prohibition of carrying concealed arms. The fact remains, with no specific language in a constitution addressing the manner in which arms are carried, then concealed carry without any sort of license or permit would be constitutional.
"...and in the twenty eighth section of the same article of the constitution, it is expressly declared, "that every thing in that article is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall forever remain inviolate; and that all laws contrary thereto, or contrary to the constitution, shall be void."
Excellent post.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#51 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<>You want me to control your thoughts? Marvelous.
The 2nd amendment prohibits Govts from regulating our weapons. No exceptions.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#52 Oct 7, 2012
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd amendment prohibits Govts from regulating our weapons. No exceptions.
No, you're wrong, people have the right to bear and possess arms, the privilege to CARRY concealed is state license regulable act.

Don't Tread On Me

#53 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're wrong, people have the right to bear and possess arms, the privilege to CARRY concealed is state license regulable act.
There is no basis in law for your thinking.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#54 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're wrong, people have the right to bear and possess arms, the privilege to CARRY concealed is state license regulable act.
Only if the manner of carry is specified in their constitution.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#55 Oct 7, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>There is no basis in law for your thinking.
Yea, there is, states regulate concealed CARRY because the states have the authority in law to do so. Keeping and bearing arms has nothing to do with concealed CARRY. Bearing arms is your open carry right.

Don't Tread On Me

#56 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, there is, states regulate concealed CARRY because the states have the authority in law to do so. Keeping and bearing arms has nothing to do with concealed CARRY. Bearing arms is your open carry right.
BS.

YOU MAKE IT UP AS YOU GO.

Bearing arms is possession.

There is no prescribed method.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#57 Oct 7, 2012
There are only 2 states where you cannot carry a gun, and both are killing fields for the drug peddling gangbangers, Illinois, and California. I see the Detroit Police are handding out flyers warning civilized people to stay out of Detroit, because of the waring factions. We need leadership that will clean up the streets in our cities.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#58 Oct 8, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
We need leadership that will clean up the streets in our cities.
Mao, Stalin, and Hitler, were leadership. Are you referring to them ?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#59 Oct 8, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
You continue to allow unconstitutional laws to blind your perception. The US Constitution places no restrictions on the method of carry. Concealed or open carry are simply methods of bearing arms. Concealed carry is indeed a right.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#60 Oct 8, 2012
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>Mao, Stalin, and Hitler, were leadership. Are you referring to them ?
All heroes to you?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#61 Oct 8, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
All heroes to you?
You're the communist, and here's the proof in your post #12:

http://www.topix.com/forum/guns/TS2SOIQKVR8M8...

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#62 Oct 8, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to allow unconstitutional laws to blind your perception. The US Constitution places no restrictions on the method of carry. Concealed or open carry are simply methods of bearing arms. Concealed carry is indeed a right.
The US constitution places limits on federal authority, all other powers belong to the states. The possessing, owning and open bearing of arms is your right as it says in the US Contitution, the rest is regulated at the state level because concealed carry is not a right, but a licensed privilege.

Don't Tread On Me

#63 Oct 8, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>The US constitution places limits on federal authority, all other powers belong to the states. The possessing, owning and open bearing of arms is your right as it says in the US Contitution, the rest is regulated at the state level because concealed carry is not a right, but a licensed privilege.
WRONG AGAIN !

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Don't Tread On Me

#64 Oct 8, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>The US constitution places limits on federal authority, all other powers belong to the states. The possessing, owning and open bearing of arms is your right as it says in the US Contitution, the rest is regulated at the state level because concealed carry is not a right, but a licensed privilege.
NO where in the US Constition does it talk about "open bearing of arms".

You could f-up a wet dream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to ban AR-15 bullets 3 hr payme 10
Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... 7 hr Reader 32
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Feb 25 BFMJAM63 188
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Feb 25 CTM 12,176
Wisconsin CCW permit Homicide rate lower than J... Feb 22 Tory II 1
CCRKBA makes it official, backs CCW reciprocity... Feb 22 Tory II 1
Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Feb 18 swedenforever 6
More from around the web