Gun sales fall as gun control stalls

Gun sales fall as gun control stalls

There are 60 comments on the KIDK CBS 3 story from Jul 7, 2014, titled Gun sales fall as gun control stalls. In it, KIDK CBS 3 reports that:

Americans aren't stockpiling assault rifles like they used to, which is why gun sales have fallen sharply from a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIDK CBS 3.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yep2

Watseka, IL

#3 Jul 7, 2014
Gun control loonies promote gun sales.

Useful idiots always bring about the very thing they claim to oppose.

Otherwise they'd just be ordinary idiots.
Sigh

Beverly, MA

#4 Jul 8, 2014
The same could be said for the other side.

The NRA creates a lot of their own misery as well.

The NRA is an organization made up of extraordinary aggressive idiots who try to scare people into believing that if they do not arm themselves, that the government/military will be able to take over ordinary citizens.

How can anyone live in a free country and be so damn paranoid at the same time?
Yep2

Watseka, IL

#5 Jul 8, 2014
The NRA promotes gun control - is that what you mean?

You should join the NRA then.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#8 Jul 8, 2014
Hope the prices drop too, I want another 1911 pistol.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#9 Jul 8, 2014
Sigh wrote:
The same could be said for the other side.
The NRA creates a lot of their own misery as well.
The NRA is an organization made up of extraordinary aggressive idiots who try to scare people into believing that if they do not arm themselves, that the government/military will be able to take over ordinary citizens.
How can anyone live in a free country and be so damn paranoid at the same time?
Guess its worked fine for over 200 years. No one has ever told you; if it works don't fix it.
Its a choice, no-one is forced to own a firearm.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#10 Jul 9, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
But innocent folks do not have the "choice" to be safe from gun violence?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#12 Jul 9, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess its worked fine for over 200 years. No one has ever told you; if it works don't fix it.
But everyone is forced to live with gun violence. Why does the "right" for anyone to own whatever firearm they want without regulation or oversight trump my right to be safe?

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Jul 9, 2014
From the article:
""The number one driver in this sector, for the big sales spikes, has been fear -- fear of legislation," said CRT analyst Brian Ruttenbur. "

That's true as far as it goes - it is the fear that drives gun sales, not any actual attempts to pass gun safety legislation. It is entirely related to NRA and gun industry creating the fear, even in the absence of any actual efforts to pass new legislation.

The proof is the fact that the hoarding began years before there were any attempts to pass new legislation and during a time when President Obama was actually EXPANDING gun rights.
New Hampshire

Rochester, NH

#14 Jul 9, 2014
Crime rate in N.H.Is low, probably one of the lowest in the nation followed closely by Maine and Vermont.
Gun ownership is high .but why such low criminal activity in these three states.
Maybe it's because I'm living among civilised people.
I've done a little homework on this issue, Google stats nation wide, fbi stats.mind you it was only 10 minutes of homework but enough to reach an opinion.
It's because I live in a sea of white people. Ya, so now call me a racist pig for bringing up the obvious conclusion. We have our drug problems , rape, theft, abuse, but nothing that comes close to other regions of the country.

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jul 9, 2014
New Hampshire wrote:
Crime rate in N.H.Is low, probably one of the lowest in the nation followed closely by Maine and Vermont.
Gun ownership is high .but why such low criminal activity in these three states.
I've done a little homework on this issue, Google stats nation wide, fbi stats.mind you it was only 10 minutes of homework but enough to reach an opinion.
It's because I live in a sea of white people. Ya, so now call me a racist pig for bringing up the obvious conclusion. We have our drug problems , rape, theft, abuse, but nothing that comes close to other regions of the country.
That is not an obvious conclusion to any fair-minded observer. You have to have a certain bias to start with to reach that particular conclusion.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#16 Jul 9, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
From the article:
""The number one driver in this sector, for the big sales spikes, has been fear -- fear of legislation," said CRT analyst Brian Ruttenbur. "
That's true as far as it goes - it is the fear that drives gun sales, not any actual attempts to pass gun safety legislation. It is entirely related to NRA and gun industry creating the fear, even in the absence of any actual efforts to pass new legislation.
The proof is the fact that the hoarding began years before there were any attempts to pass new legislation and during a time when President Obama was actually EXPANDING gun rights.
That sort of goes against the article. It stated the sales fell when the attempts at legislation stalled right. If you want to call it fear that would make it fear of legislation and control. Besides this is just the legal owners, the criminals could give a shitz about laws anyway and would still have the guns.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#17 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
,,,my right to be safe?
Wanna be safe?

Learn to shoot back.
New Hampshire

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
That is not an obvious conclusion to any fair-minded observer. You have to have a certain bias to start with to reach that particular conclusion.
A bit arrogant of me to post such rhetoric isn't it.but you took the bait.

So fair and unbiased poster, tell me why we have such low criminal activity in my region.
Be careful now, as stated I did do a minimum of homework, I'm actually just luring in you antigun people to expose your unsound logic.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#21 Jul 9, 2014
New Hampshire wrote:
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
"Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." -Clint Eastwood "Obama is our first gay President and his wife Michelle is a tranny." -Joan Rivers Please open your eyes to the simple truth that Kenyan-born bisexual Obama is the man-of-lawlessness predicted in the Bible and expected in these last days. And FYI-Poop Francis is the False Prophet who will miraculously heal Antichrist BHO of the “fatal wound” he will soon receive. But first The Rapture.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” Mahatma Gandhi

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#22 Jul 9, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
But innocent folks do not have the "choice" to be safe from gun violence?
I'M INNOCENT and I made my choice a long, long time ago.
AS A 3-WAR VETERAN of the Marines, Army Infantry, several years armed security, long-time hunter & target shooter and seven years of law enforcement I will NEVER get a CCW permit and be put into a database. Our Second Amendment already guarantees me the Right to Keep & Bear i.e. OWN and CARRY.
The Tree of Liberty needs some fertilizer.
Yep2

Saint Augustine, FL

#23 Jul 9, 2014
Now is the time for some good bargains - the gun stores are loaded with inventory from the last gun control crusade.

It won't be long before the gun manufacturers send the useful idiots on another rampage.

Support your local gun dealer.
Yep2

Saint Augustine, FL

#24 Jul 9, 2014
Goodgawdallmideyall

I just traded 2 old Romaks I paid 600 for 10 years ago for 2 brand new Saigas worth 1200.

Now's the time.

Chambersburg, PA

#25 Jul 9, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
That sort of goes against the article. It stated the sales fell when the attempts at legislation stalled right. If you want to call it fear that would make it fear of legislation and control. Besides this is just the legal owners, the criminals could give a shitz about laws anyway and would still have the guns.
Yes, it is fear of legislation and control.

And that fear is ginned up even in the absence of any attempts at legislation and control. It is a fear that is created and propagated by the NRA and the gun industry to increase revenue and profits regardless of the facts of reality.

And EVERY gun started out as a legal gun. A legal gun owner is ultimately the source of every single illegal gun in existence.

Chambersburg, PA

#26 Jul 9, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna be safe?
Learn to shoot back.
Sorry friend - it simply doesn't work that way.

And you know it.

Chambersburg, PA

#27 Jul 9, 2014
New Hampshire wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit arrogant of me to post such rhetoric isn't it.but you took the bait.
So fair and unbiased poster, tell me why we have such low criminal activity in my region.
Be careful now, as stated I did do a minimum of homework, I'm actually just luring in you antigun people to expose your unsound logic.
Your post was rhetoric - i.e. bombast, speech or discourse that pretends to significance but lacks true meaning.

And you did, in fact, do just the minimum of homework. Which is probably why you reached such an asinine conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop white on white crime 1 hr Truth and Facts 32
News Concealed Carry Shot Down-- Supporters Will Giv... (Mar '06) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 4
News D.C. chief: 'We will arrest armed protesters' (May '13) Wed Truth and Facts 639
News COD Offers Classes Promoting Firearm Safety thi... May 25 Dr David 1
News No wedding for Bristol Palin May 24 Tazo 9
News Concealed Carry Reduced Crime But NOT on Chicag... May 18 Truth and Facts 3
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) May 17 Robbie Siegmyer 115
More from around the web