It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110499 Sep 18, 2013
Lets go Roo Shootin mate!

Out bush no one can hear you scream ...Oops, sorry I mean shoot noe one can hear you shoot, Haaa haa...

Lock and load Mudda F vckers- LMFAO...
How many more

Villawood, Australia

#110500 Sep 18, 2013
Another mass shooting in America. Another year without a mass shooting in Australia. Thank you John Howard.
Alex Gollan rock spider

Krasnodar, Russia

#110501 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Thankfully we have gun control laws, or the death count would have been a lot worse!
"Washington Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis tried to buy an AR-15 assault rifle at a Virginia gun store last week after test firing one, but the store wouldn't sell it to him right away, CBS News has learned.
Instead, Alexis then purchased a shotgun he used in his rampage. Anyone can buy the assault-style weapon in Virginia, but the dealer would have to observe the laws of the buyer's home state. It appears unlikely Alexis was a Virginia resident. His last reported full-time residency was in Texas."
So, his own state GUN CONTROL LAW stopped him from getting an AR 15.
It could have been so much worse.
Its a lot easier to hit targets with a shotgun than with an AR15 so there may have been less casualties. No doubt you will probably call me an idiot or troll like most people do to anyone that disagrees with so knock yourself out. PS don't forget "delusional" that's another perennial favorite on topix.
European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110502 Sep 18, 2013
Alex Gollan rock spider wrote:
<quoted text>Its a lot easier to hit targets with a shotgun than with an AR15 so there may have been less casualties. No doubt you will probably call me an idiot or troll like most people do to anyone that disagrees with so knock yourself out. PS don't forget "delusional" that's another perennial favorite on topix.
Love you're work 12 guage is my gun of choice for birds, pigs (bouble up buck), kangaroos and anything urban and life threatening ...Haaaa haa just joking on the last bit.

What about that date? ;)
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#110503 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Very misleading.....
shame on you
Shame on me!? You do know that is a satire of how the beginning of our revolution would be reported today. It was the shot heard around the world. The reported deaths were British troops.
European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110504 Sep 18, 2013
Shit that was meant for Snow Bunny NOT you Gollan ... Gotta stop drinking and posting lol...
European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110505 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Thankfully we have gun control laws, or the death count would have been a lot worse!
"Washington Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis tried to buy an AR-15 assault rifle at a Virginia gun store last week after test firing one, but the store wouldn't sell it to him right away, CBS News has learned.
Instead, Alexis then purchased a shotgun he used in his rampage. Anyone can buy the assault-style weapon in Virginia, but the dealer would have to observe the laws of the buyer's home state. It appears unlikely Alexis was a Virginia resident. His last reported full-time residency was in Texas."
Love you're work 12 guage is my gun of choice for birds, pigs (bouble up buck), kangaroos and anything urban and life threatening ...Haaaa haa just joking on the last bit.

What about that date? ;)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#110506 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Gun Control is what contributed to the high body count.

So you think it is easier to hit someone with an AR as opposed to a shotgun which fires nine .30 dia pellets per trigger pull when using 2-3/4" 00 Buck?
European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110509 Sep 18, 2013
You lefties, femmos and queers could learn a lesson from Snow Bunny. Now here's a woman with sex appeal, not to mention attitude...
U R a Bloody Stool

UK

#110510 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
shame on you
Shame yourself, you st inky ole!
:-))
Spiffy

UK

#110511 Sep 18, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun Control is what contributed to the high body count.
So you think it is easier to hit someone with an AR as opposed to a shotgun which fires nine .30 dia pellets per trigger pull when using 2-3/4" 00 Buck?
You can't reason with that idiot bitch, no matter how many facts you have on your side.
European Aussie

Flinders, Australia

#110512 Sep 18, 2013
Guns don't kill people drama queens, beauracrats, do gooders, paedophiles and femmos kill people.

-And they do so relentlessly and with avengeance.

Lock and load MFkrs, lol...
Alex Gollan rock spider

Krasnodar, Russia

#110513 Sep 18, 2013
How many more wrote:
Another mass shooting in America. Another year without a mass shooting in Australia. Thank you John Howard.
I really hope you catch aids.
Piss off

Krasnodar, Russia

#110515 Sep 18, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
And people like you with a IQ of 2 kill people. Learn how to spell the English language you idiot! What an Ass!
Oh so we can determine who killers are by their IQ ? So all young children must be killers and all adult people that are slow must be evil killers right ?
Well what are we waiting for lets lock them all up now and nobody will be killed ever again the end, murder is a thing of the past. So pack your bags your off to jail because your statement proves you have a VERY low IQ

....Knob head!
Ozzie

Australia

#110517 Sep 18, 2013
Guns Don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
piss off

Tatarstan, Russia

#110518 Sep 18, 2013
Ozzie wrote:
Guns Don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
Grow some balls and stop being a leftist anti gun pedophile.

Weak little sacks of crap like you are going to be on use to anyone in the future.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#110519 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
shame on you
Wasn't misleading at all if you read the article.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#110520 Sep 18, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Wellllll...maybe...maybe not.

Just as a lot of ignorant, simple people are confused about a non-existant "gunshow loophole"...and the mass media reporting the use of an AR-15...when it wasn't...then hey, maybe he tried to buy one...maybe not...lol

"The man police say is responsible for fatally shooting 12 people and injuring eight others at the Washington Navy Yard Monday reportedly tried to buy an AR-15 assault weapon last week."

"But that report, published in the New York Times, contradicts a story in the Washington Times that says Aaron Alexis didn't try to buy the weapon."

"Two "senior law enforcement officials" told the New York Times that a Virginia state law prevented Aaron Alexis from purchasing the gun. The law bans out-of-state customers from buying assault weapons. Alexis' last state of residence was Texas."

"The AR-15 is one of the weapons used in the Aurora movie theater shooting and the Sandy Hook massacre."

"But the Washington Times quotes "a source familiar with the investigation" as saying Alexis didn't even try to buy the rife. Both papers' sources were granted anonymity. No one was available when The Huffington Post reached out for comment from the gun store."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/aaro...

So rather than jump to conclusions with some bad...or misleading information...maybe patience will provide some better information.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#110521 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>Its a lot easier to hit targets with a shotgun than with an AR15 so there may have been less casualties.
I gues that merely depends on the shooter. Alexis was trained.....so certainly there would be more victims. It's logical common sense.
Shooting AR-15 from 100 yards, no sights used:
www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>No doubt you will probably call me an idiot or troll like most people do to anyone that disagrees with so knock yourself out.
I'm not like that...I enjoy different opinions. Also, this forum would be no fun if every one agreed all the time:)
<quoted text>PS don't forget "delusional" that's another perennial favorite on topix.
LOL, well you are avoiding the fact that the LAW stopped him from getting an AR 15.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#110522 Sep 19, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on me!? You do know that is a satire of how the beginning of our revolution would be reported today. It was the shot heard around the world. The reported deaths were British troops.
Then you should have labeled it as such. You presented it in a misleading manner, and I'm not the only one who thought the same.
Misleading.....just say'n.
Don't get so defensive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should they teach this in schools? Aug 14 okimar 3
News FPC Vows Legal Action on Approved California As... Aug 4 jimwildrickjr 1
News WVa AG: Manchin Should Resign Dem Leadership Role Aug 4 JohnInLa 3
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See Jul 31 Red Crosse 185
History of the .233 Remington Jul 31 SummerBB8 1
News Heidi Harris: CCW's On The Rise Jul 29 Get Out 2
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for Jul 25 Been There Done That 4
More from around the web