It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
The Saint

Houston, TX

#110160 Aug 20, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly its the easiest tool to make people submit take away the gun and the are less likely to attack you with a knife or a bat because you are more likely to stand your ground say someone approaches me with a knife for whatever reason and i pick up a big stick the knife now becomes useless and i have just turned the tables on a would be attacker
Normal people yes you are right!
Now we are talking about violent, drugged out, career criminals!
I want to not go hand to hand with these types!

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#110161 Aug 20, 2013
The Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I can address that.
Yes, it is true we have a lot of guns here in the U.S, but the majority of the gun crimes are in the inner cities, and committed with stolen guns. O.k. when you all hear of the large number of murders that is mostly black on black crime, they take each other out on a daily basis! Very recently one of your countrymen was murdered here in Oklahoma. Killed by blacks, and more than likely with a stolen car, and gun.
You can't put all the blame on the guns my friend.
And I'm not laying all the blame on the guns people are the ones who kill people a gun cannot pull its own trigger
Do you think an amnesty with some sort of incentive for handing over unregistered guns without persecution could work to get some of the off the books and stolen weapons turned in leaving mostly law abiding citizens with the right to own & carry

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#110162 Aug 20, 2013
The Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Normal people yes you are right!
Now we are talking about violent, drugged out, career criminals!
I want to not go hand to hand with these types!
I see your point ,
The Saint

Houston, TX

#110163 Aug 20, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm not laying all the blame on the guns people are the ones who kill people a gun cannot pull its own trigger
Do you think an amnesty with some sort of incentive for handing over unregistered guns without persecution could work to get some of the off the books and stolen weapons turned in leaving mostly law abiding citizens with the right to own & carry
No.
We are a big country, and have all types of things coming up our southern border.
Guns would be the new drugs, and go straight into the hands of criminals from smugglers.
Being a free open country comes with it's problems too!
Violent people are our problem, cut , and dry!
Lazy people would rather kill to get what they want in life.
Humanity?
I see it in everyday life here, and it's just getting worse.
oscar

Westerville, OH

#110164 Aug 20, 2013
The governments of the world don't give a shit about people being killed, that's why the penalty for murder is almost nothing these days. They just use this as an excuse to take guns off people because they are paranoid that eventually people will have had enough of how their countries are being turned into crap holes by extreme leftists and multiculturalism.

The government just wants a totally disarmed and weak population, while still allowing blacks and other ethnics to keep there own illegal guns.
The Saint

Houston, TX

#110165 Aug 20, 2013
oscar wrote:
The governments of the world don't give a shit about people being killed, that's why the penalty for murder is almost nothing these days. They just use this as an excuse to take guns off people because they are paranoid that eventually people will have had enough of how their countries are being turned into crap holes by extreme leftists and multiculturalism.
The government just wants a totally disarmed and weak population, while still allowing blacks and other ethnics to keep there own illegal guns.
I hope this poor Aussie that was killed here in Oklahoma will open up some doors to the issue of violent black people killing whites here!
It would be nice to see rather than being called white racists, and us keeping the black man down.
These monkeys are out of control, and when I say monkeys I mean animals, not racist terms, but like wild violent animals!
Auntie Dote

London, UK

#110167 Aug 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to what - your piles of dogshit?
If what I write is to be considered as such, then THAT is to be considered as FOOD for =>YOUR<= thought, inasmuch as you're a brainless troll!!!

:-))
The Saint

Houston, TX

#110168 Aug 21, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't demean animals; they have more dignity and values than this black savage shit. These blacks are morally bankrupt and should be executed for their crimes of murder.
Hahaha!!!!
Yeah, that is a slight against animals, as well as shit!
At least those two things can serve a purpose!
This wannabe ganster rap thug scum is just fuckingworthless!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110169 Aug 21, 2013
The Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Nope!
Because Criminals don't need guns to commit crimes, it's just the easiest tool to get people to submit.
A bat, a stick, a brick, a car can kill!
Guns are the same!
Put in the wrong hands they are all the same too!
You don't need a doctorate to know these things.
And as for the monkeys over here yep!
They are extremely violent, lazy, drugged out, and don't give a damn who they hurt!
Yep! Such statement are a sad study in ignorance and stupidity ... sadly an American phenomenon!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110170 Aug 21, 2013
Stopping crime before it happens is a great idea, but stopping young men for "walking while black" — touted by true believers as the same thing — is a tactic used by an occupying army.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110171 Aug 21, 2013
While the National Rifle Association publicly fights against a national gun registry, the organization has gone to incredible lengths to compile information on “tens of millions” of gun owners — without their consent. Way to go NRA – do as we say not as we do!!

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#110173 Aug 21, 2013
spocko wrote:
While the National Rifle Association publicly fights against a national gun registry, the organization has gone to incredible lengths to compile information on “tens of millions” of gun owners — without their consent. Way to go NRA – do as we say not as we do!!
You just made a good arguement against national gun registry. The NRA can't rairoad you through a kangaroo court and through you in jail. The constitution protects you [from] government, or is supposed to.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110174 Aug 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made a good arguement against national gun registry. The NRA can't rairoad you through a kangaroo court and through you in jail. The constitution protects you [from] government, or is supposed to.
Not exactly, the Gov't, by constitution, has a duty to protect all its citizens not just gun owners - ye moron!!
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#110175 Aug 21, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly, the Gov't, by constitution, has a duty to protect all its citizens not just gun owners - ye moron!!
You're a naïve fellow, aren't you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#110176 Aug 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right.
Doctor

Tupelo, MS

#110177 Aug 21, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but that is a lie. The SCOTUS has ruled there is no duty for your personal safety. Please get your facts before placing your foot in your mouth. By the way the gov't by Bill of rights is told hands off the peoples arms. If your going to use it at least use it all.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#110178 Aug 21, 2013
Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but that is a lie. The SCOTUS has ruled there is no duty for your personal safety. Please get your facts before placing your foot in your mouth. By the way the gov't by Bill of rights is told hands off the peoples arms. If your going to use it at least use it all.
In your loony fantasy land ye moron!!
spOko

Oakland, CA

#110179 Aug 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything is possible in a gunloon's universe!
Besara

Omaha, NE

#110180 Aug 21, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything is possible in a gunloon's universe!
Said the gunphobe with his myriad of "what if's".
gop

Tver, Russia

#110181 Aug 21, 2013
I'd hate to be locked in a room for life and all you had to read was this thread.

It's amazing how it just goes on and on and never dies, same old shit posted day after day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 6 hr Independent1 12,096
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot 9 hr Donny Brook 6
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4
More from around the web