It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,359

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#109988 Jul 8, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
The non-Hispanic white population will increase more slowly than other racial and ethnic groups; whites will become a minority (47%) by 2050
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2008/02/11/us-...
Every population projection confirms this. Even the US BOS.
The non white population will have increased political power.
And of course they will have guns to protect their position.
You cant believe the numbers that the US Federal Government tells or any Government tells just look here in the US last year what the US Federal Government said about US crop production totals were going to be in the World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates(WASDE) Report which said there was going to be plenty in the fall of 2012 and were their numbers off bigtime which they didnt take in consideration of a drought in their calculations that they couldnt predict and the drought is the reason why grain supplies are so tight worldwide and if everything was perfect as predicted the US Federal Governments calculations would have worked in a perfect world which is what I am getting at.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#109989 Jul 8, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did Obama study Constitutional Law and become a representative in the senate before becoming President of the United States twice?
Damn if wasnt in Illinois.
Obama Studied Constitutional Law at Harvard in Cambridge, MA.

Obama first made history at HLS

http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/obama-at-hls....
TGO

Labelle, FL

#109990 Jul 8, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time the Chinese are ready to make a move they will have basically bought the United States so yours is a moot point. If the Chinese stop buying US bonds then you will have to pay them just to print enough money to pay for the food stasmps.
No Tickee, no laundry.
My what a slippery little critter.

Pin it down and it skitters into a new hidey-hole.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#109991 Jul 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Studied Constitutional Law at Harvard in Cambridge, MA.
Obama first made history at HLS
http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/obama-at-hls....
Affirmative action at it's best. Oh by the way DD is a high school senior but can't read.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/trayvon...

Trayvon Martin’s girlfriend admits she can’t read the letter she supposedly wrote to his mother about his death.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#109992 Jul 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Studied Constitutional Law at Harvard in Cambridge, MA.
Obama first made history at HLS
http://www.law.harvard.edu/news/obama-at-hls....
How do you vote on the issue? "Present"?
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#109993 Jul 8, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
My what a slippery little critter.
Pin it down and it skitters into a new hidey-hole.
Your whole point about war is moot.
The Asians are getting WEALTHY from trading with us.
Why would the Indos or Chinese want to invade Australia?
The Chinese couldnt even hang onto Indochina.(Vietnam)
They did manage to get a big slice of Malaysia and Singapore merely through trade and immigration.
It may have been the same for Australia if our forefathers hadnt instituted the monstrous White Australia Policy.
Yes, the Pivot to Asia is well and truly on. Australias isolation may turn into a bonus.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#109994 Jul 8, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
The day the US becomes a pathetic dreg like the Empire they might need a governor general and a royal mommy.
However by that time those of you down under who haven't been hoisted on poles by Indonesians will be hauling salt out of Chinese mines.
Better move to Canada where you can live off of US protection.
LOL.Get with the programme Geoffrey!

The USA desperately WANTS to install Military bases in Australia. They have been asking for permission to base naval and air bases in Australia.

We dont have to go anywhere. The US is begging to come to Australia.

Get with reality. If our Queen agrees, we just might accomodate the American desire to get into this part of the world.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#109995 Jul 8, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.Get with the programme Geoffrey!
The USA desperately WANTS to install Military bases in Australia. They have been asking for permission to base naval and air bases in Australia.
We dont have to go anywhere. The US is begging to come to Australia.
Get with reality. If our Queen agrees, we just might accomodate the American desire to get into this part of the world.
it would be something to watch China conquer and destroy Australia too but yeah you are right the US does want a military base there in Australia.

US military bases in Australia: The role of Pine Gap

By James Cogan—SEP candidate for the Senate in South Australia
29 May 2013

The Socialist Equality Party is centrally raising in its 2013 election campaign the necessity for the working class in Australia and internationally to oppose the preparations being made by US imperialism, with the backing of the Gillard Labor government, for war against China. Behind the backs of the population, Labor has offered up Darwin as a base for a US Marine task force, airfields and training ranges in northern Australia for more extensive use by American long-range bombers, and ports in Perth and elsewhere for expanded visits by US warships and nuclear-armed submarines. The Australian armed forces are being structured at every level to function as a direct adjunct of US operations in the region.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/29/p...
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#109996 Jul 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>it would be something to watch China conquer and destroy Australia too but yeah you are right the US does want a military base there in Australia.
US military bases in Australia: The role of Pine Gap
By James Cogan—SEP candidate for the Senate in South Australia
29 May 2013
The Socialist Equality Party is centrally raising in its 2013 election campaign the necessity for the working class in Australia and internationally to oppose the preparations being made by US imperialism, with the backing of the Gillard Labor government, for war against China. Behind the backs of the population, Labor has offered up Darwin as a base for a US Marine task force, airfields and training ranges in northern Australia for more extensive use by American long-range bombers, and ports in Perth and elsewhere for expanded visits by US warships and nuclear-armed submarines. The Australian armed forces are being structured at every level to function as a direct adjunct of US operations in the region.
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/29/p...
Good internet baby research.

Yes, it is the Asian Century. Nothing wrong with a bit of US Military pressure on the Asians up north. The Chinese will welcome some domestic spending on shipbuilding and their emerging Aerospace Industries.
They may even buy some Australian raw materials to build with. Same for the Japs and Koreans who build most of the worlds ships.

It is all good.
TGO

Labelle, FL

#109997 Jul 9, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.Get with the programme Geoffrey!
The USA desperately WANTS to install Military bases in Australia. They have been asking for permission to base naval and air bases in Australia.
We dont have to go anywhere. The US is begging to come to Australia.
Get with reality. If our Queen agrees, we just might accomodate the American desire to get into this part of the world.
Maybe they're thinking about how when the IJA was fixing to visit down under, the Auks were shitting their pants and bitching about the dirty yanks taking too long to get there and save them.

Your Lord and Master, the King of England, once begged the Imperial Japanese Navy to defend Aus.
Apparently once the Japanese got to know the whiny, bitchy Australians, they decided to war on the British. Even to the point of capturing Singapore so they could make the Diggers empty their latrines, using their silly looking hats.

I have it from good sources that the Navy wants bases there because Australian women hang on fences and offer sexual favors to any foreigner who will take them out of that rathole.
TGO

Labelle, FL

#109998 Jul 9, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole point about war is moot.
The Asians are getting WEALTHY from trading with us.
Why would the Indos or Chinese want to invade Australia?
The Chinese couldnt even hang onto Indochina.(Vietnam)
They did manage to get a big slice of Malaysia and Singapore merely through trade and immigration.
It may have been the same for Australia if our forefathers hadnt instituted the monstrous White Australia Policy.
Yes, the Pivot to Asia is well and truly on. Australias isolation may turn into a bonus.
I'm still trying to decipher what

"If the Chinese stop buying US bonds then you will have to pay them just to print enough money to pay for the food stasmps."

means.
Could someone who speaks Ocker translate this?

Why the Indos would want a nasty place like Papua I have no idea.
Yet they kicked the Dutch out at gunpoint in 1962.
They're going to do the same in Australia.

No need to worry about China - they're just going to watch and laugh. Later they will buy Sydney for a "crown colony" - like London.

Yeah you best stick to the motor-girl bars in Bangkok for now - but keep that tickee to Canada current, mate.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#109999 Jul 9, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they're thinking about how when the IJA was fixing to visit down under, the Auks were shitting their pants and bitching about the dirty yanks taking too long to get there and save them.
Your Lord and Master, the King of England, once begged the Imperial Japanese Navy to defend Aus.
Apparently once the Japanese got to know the whiny, bitchy Australians, they decided to war on the British. Even to the point of capturing Singapore so they could make the Diggers empty their latrines, using their silly looking hats.
I have it from good sources that the Navy wants bases there because Australian women hang on fences and offer sexual favors to any foreigner who will take them out of that rathole.
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.

You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
TGO

Vernon, FL

#110000 Jul 9, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.
You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
This dingbat probably couldn't afford a tickee to Canada.

It will probably end up as a barker for a Manila titty bar - for room and board.
hopeless

Anonymous Proxy

#110001 Jul 10, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.
You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
the royal government took your rights and you have no means to fight back thats why you scared and hideing in thailand
sam

Anonymous Proxy

#110002 Jul 10, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.Get with the programme Geoffrey!
The USA desperately WANTS to install Military bases in Australia. They have been asking for permission to base naval and air bases in Australia.
We dont have to go anywhere. The US is begging to come to Australia.
Get with reality. If our Queen agrees, we just might accomodate the American desire to get into this part of the world.
one day australia is going to be american state like alaska

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#110003 Jul 10, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>one day australia is going to be american state like alaska
Alaska is also the most armed state in the united states per capita too.
Duke of Beans

Lady Lake, FL

#110004 Jul 10, 2013
The US public is the largest armed defense force on earth.
You couldn't give aussies enough guns to defend themselves. The Indos alone outnumber them like 8 to 1. The greedy Brits went an ocean too far with that one.
I have REAL problems with the US taxpayer funding the defense of that lost cause. They need to get back to England where they belong before the locals give them all the chop.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110005 Jul 10, 2013
Duke of Beans wrote:
The US public is the largest armed defense force on earth.
And their very good at it too, after all they manage to kill more than 30,000 people every year ...
FYI

Arvada, CO

#110006 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text> And their very good at it too, after all they manage to kill more than 30,000 people every year ...
Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000. Maybe if we took care of the few who were responsible that number would drop. RE; Chicago, LA, and the rest of the GANG VIOLENCE. Regards

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#110007 Jul 10, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000. Maybe if we took care of the few who were responsible that number would drop. RE; Chicago, LA, and the rest of the GANG VIOLENCE. Regards
exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May Arkansas shooting range exclude Muslims? Fri jeffry 1
Stutzman to Introduce GOA-Backed National Recip... Thu Tory II 1
National Recprocity !! Jan 28 Tory II 2
Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Jan 26 swedenforever 99
AK-47s, Now Made in AmericaBy Cliff Schecter Jan 24 Here Is One 5
Women Continue To Line Up For Concealed Carry P... Jan 24 Here Is One 1
ILLEGALS-Unions AGAINST AMERICANS Jan 23 ILLEGALS-UNIONS-v... 1
More from around the web