It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

GoGoBar

Thailand

#109999 Jul 9, 2013
TGO wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they're thinking about how when the IJA was fixing to visit down under, the Auks were shitting their pants and bitching about the dirty yanks taking too long to get there and save them.
Your Lord and Master, the King of England, once begged the Imperial Japanese Navy to defend Aus.
Apparently once the Japanese got to know the whiny, bitchy Australians, they decided to war on the British. Even to the point of capturing Singapore so they could make the Diggers empty their latrines, using their silly looking hats.
I have it from good sources that the Navy wants bases there because Australian women hang on fences and offer sexual favors to any foreigner who will take them out of that rathole.
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.

You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
TGO

United States

#110000 Jul 9, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.
You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
This dingbat probably couldn't afford a tickee to Canada.

It will probably end up as a barker for a Manila titty bar - for room and board.
hopeless

Torrance, CA

#110001 Jul 10, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL> Being a bad loser will never make you a winner kid.
You need to get with the programme and pivot to Asia. They will be lighter skinned and trading harder in the future.
Some experience with the people you are sputing bumper sticker nonsense about could just make you some money.
the royal government took your rights and you have no means to fight back thats why you scared and hideing in thailand
sam

Torrance, CA

#110002 Jul 10, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.Get with the programme Geoffrey!
The USA desperately WANTS to install Military bases in Australia. They have been asking for permission to base naval and air bases in Australia.
We dont have to go anywhere. The US is begging to come to Australia.
Get with reality. If our Queen agrees, we just might accomodate the American desire to get into this part of the world.
one day australia is going to be american state like alaska

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#110003 Jul 10, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>one day australia is going to be american state like alaska
Alaska is also the most armed state in the united states per capita too.
Duke of Beans

Hernando, FL

#110004 Jul 10, 2013
The US public is the largest armed defense force on earth.
You couldn't give aussies enough guns to defend themselves. The Indos alone outnumber them like 8 to 1. The greedy Brits went an ocean too far with that one.
I have REAL problems with the US taxpayer funding the defense of that lost cause. They need to get back to England where they belong before the locals give them all the chop.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110005 Jul 10, 2013
Duke of Beans wrote:
The US public is the largest armed defense force on earth.
And their very good at it too, after all they manage to kill more than 30,000 people every year ...
FYI

Denver, CO

#110006 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text> And their very good at it too, after all they manage to kill more than 30,000 people every year ...
Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000. Maybe if we took care of the few who were responsible that number would drop. RE; Chicago, LA, and the rest of the GANG VIOLENCE. Regards

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#110007 Jul 10, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000. Maybe if we took care of the few who were responsible that number would drop. RE; Chicago, LA, and the rest of the GANG VIOLENCE. Regards
exactly.
Duke of Beans

Hernando, FL

#110008 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text> And their very good at it too, after all they manage to kill more than 30,000 people every year ...
You can cry and pee-pee in your diaper and quote all the bogus numbers you want, little unarmed sheep.

We ain't giving up our guns like a bunch of cowed slaves.

Molon Labe, sucko.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110009 Jul 10, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000.
Oh yes you are by refusing to implement effective gun control ... there is no excuse for that!!
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#110010 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes you are by refusing to implement effective gun control ... there is no excuse for that!!
You should leave out effective when it comes to gun control and add the word effective to government control.
Duke of Beans

Hernando, FL

#110011 Jul 10, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Not all armed Americans are responsible for your 30,000. Maybe if we took care of the few who were responsible that number would drop. RE; Chicago, LA, and the rest of the GANG VIOLENCE. Regards
Of course no source was given.
That number probably includes suicides by firearm. Most gangbangers are such lousy shots they fire a thouand rounds and only hit some 6 year old 3 blocks away.
Duke of Beans

Hernando, FL

#110012 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes you are by refusing to implement effective gun control ... there is no excuse for that!!
Molon Labe, you pathetic victim waiting to happen.
Cindy Beckhamm

Bolivar, MO

#110013 Jul 10, 2013
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110014 Jul 10, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should leave out effective when it comes to gun control and add the word effective to government control.
Another hysterical gunloon!!
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#110015 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Another hysterical gunloon!!
More hysteria. The Dept. of Justice orchestrated the protests against Zimmerman. Equal justice for all!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23595...

Of course, that won't bother you. You're too simple to realize the significance of it.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110016 Jul 10, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
More hysteria. The Dept. of Justice orchestrated the protests against Zimmerman. Equal justice for all!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23595...
Of course, that won't bother you. You're too simple to realize the significance of it.
Yeah right don't you just love those British tabloids ... almost as good as FAUX News eh moron!
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#110017 Jul 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right don't you just love those British tabloids ... almost as good as FAUX News eh moron!
Bury your head in the sand, idiot.

http://www.dailypaul.com/292027/the-obama-jus...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110018 Jul 10, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bury your head in the sand, idiot.
http://www.dailypaul.com/292027/the-obama-jus...
Get real half-wit, this is some rightwingnuz's blog, it nothing to do with facts what the hell makes you idiots think because something is on the internet it is true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials have duty to Nevadans to make backgro... 7 hr justice 1
News CCW Weekend: The Enduring Concealed Carry Revolver 19 hr jimwildrickjr 1
News Washington attorney general proposes assault we... Jan 13 justice 2
News Extend background checks to save lives Jan 9 duzitreallymatter 3
Our own worst enemy Jan 7 justice 3
News GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Rec... Jan 7 jimwildrickjr 9
News Ohio: Kasich Signs Critical Self-Defense Bill I... Jan 6 jimwildrickjr 3
More from around the web