It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103340 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#107777 May 21, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You stole that from Lurch on the Adams Family.
Let me guess: You're 'Lurch,' the paedophile, who buggered the Adams family children, right?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107778 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the trolls...cause you guys give everyone the shits.
Pray tell: How does one give someone else 'the shits?'

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107779 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the trolls...cause you guys give everyone the shits.
And you didn't answer the man's question:
"Is your life so empty and bleak, that the only thing you have left is to make the lives of all others just as miserable as can be?"

And why would that be? What have they done =>TO<= you?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#107780 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is not true now, is it?...How many law abiding husbands, fathers, friends, cops wives use their legally bought guns to top themselves or to murder their siblings, wives mother in-laws kids, fathers, father in laws, lawyers and innocent bystanders annually in Yankee land? With an average of 30,000 gun deaths a year, quite a few I would say, eh? You are so bloody stupid.
So you want to deflect over to total gun deaths....OK. Roughly 19,000 of those deaths are people killing themselves, so your 30,000 number is BS anyway. Total murders for 2011 per the FBI UCS Table 20: 12,664.

Back to "assault weapons" and your claim that they are only needed for war. Per the Table 20 for 2011, rifles were only used to kill 323 people, and AR-15's were only a portion of that. In fact (according to the same table), rifles were the least used weapon of choice for murder. In fact, hands, feet, fists, etc. were used 2.3 times more often than rifles. And knives or other cutting instruments were used 5.2 times more often. Why aren't you crying about banning those???

And if that makes me stupid....you have the intelligence of a garden snail.

Southeast Virginia

#107781 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You rang?
;-)
I knew you couldn't stay away for very long. Waiting to make a grand entrance, huh?

Welcome back.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107782 May 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to deflect over to total gun deaths....OK. Roughly 19,000 of those deaths are people killing themselves, so your 30,000 number is BS anyway. Total murders for 2011 per the FBI UCS Table 20: 12,664.
Back to "assault weapons" and your claim that they are only needed for war. Per the Table 20 for 2011, rifles were only used to kill 323 people, and AR-15's were only a portion of that. In fact (according to the same table), rifles were the least used weapon of choice for murder. In fact, hands, feet, fists, etc. were used 2.3 times more often than rifles. And knives or other cutting instruments were used 5.2 times more often. Why aren't you crying about banning those???
Ooooooooooo! Watch out now, cuz it looks that there's gonna be shit storm any moment now!!
;-)

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107783 May 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you couldn't stay away for very long. Waiting to make a grand entrance, huh?
Welcome back.
Well, in truth, I never left to begin with.
And as for that 'grand entrance?' Huh!

I am in need of no such thing, and neither should you, or anyone else who's just being himself. We are who we are, and we live with it.

We should endeavor to leave the 'grandiloquence' crap to the antis, as that's really all they have left anyway!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#107784 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell: How does one give someone else 'the shits?'
You just answered your own question ....you are giving me them right now...oops back in five.

Perth, Australia

#107785 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
And you didn't answer the man's question:
"Is your life so empty and bleak, that the only thing you have left is to make the lives of all others just as miserable as can be?"
And why would that be? What have they done =>TO<= you?
What's it to you troll?

Perth, Australia

#107786 May 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
A: I stated clearly total gun deaths in the US, might want to learn how to read there Pacha...you can't take what I say and invent your own conversation....it just ain't right!
A: Well I would ban all those...baby steps...AV...baby steps.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107787 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered your own question ....you are giving me them right now...oops back in five.
Don't forget to pin a message to your clothes, because that's all which will be remaining when you get done!
:-))

Southeast Virginia

#107788 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in truth, I never left to begin with.
Yeah...I know.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107789 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What's it to you troll?
Enquiring minds desire to know.

Are you afraid of the answer?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#107790 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: I stated clearly total gun deaths in the US, might want to learn how to read there Pacha...you can't take what I say and invent your own conversation....it just ain't right!
Why are =>YOU<= so concerned about what happens in the U.S. of A?

You don't live there ...

Southeast Virginia

#107791 May 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you are getting old and your memory isn't what it used to be (that is assuming you actually used to have one). You were talking about AR's. Here is your post I initially responded to (although it wasn't addressed to me): "Yes the irony wasn't lost on me there Teaman....and yes it is the States that will change the stance on making it illegal to buy guns such as AR15, and ammo....this is a good thing, they have not wanted to stop sportsmen shooting at targets or hunters or those that need certain weapons for their own protection...they are just trying to remove those guns that are useless anywhere other than a war zone...brave and valiant stance by a selection of Republicans and Democrats for pulling together to fight death threats and verbal abuse etc, to effect such a major change.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/0... ;

So you are the one who deflected over to total gun deaths from AR'15's.

And how the hell are you going to ban people hands and feet, garden snail?{rolls eyes}

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#107792 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't live there ...
Whats up,oh Kilted one? Still fighting the good fight I see.

We're holding our own,maybe even winning.... Barry has been the GREATEST gun salesman and NRA recruiter EVER..... I'M thinking of sending him a "Thank You" card.....

Perth, Australia

#107793 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to pin a message to your clothes, because that's all which will be remaining when you get done!
:-))
Nah...I am still here scotty.

Perth, Australia

#107794 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Enquiring minds desire to know.
Are you afraid of the answer?
Well when you find one let me know and I will tell them...

Perth, Australia

#107795 May 21, 2013
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't live there ...
You seem mighty interested for one I have had nothing to do with till now? Why are you so concerned about what I am concerned about?

Perth, Australia

#107796 May 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you are getting old and your memory isn't what it used to be (that is assuming you actually used to have one). You were talking about AR's. Here is your post I initially responded to (although it wasn't addressed to me): "Yes the irony wasn't lost on me there Teaman....and yes it is the States that will change the stance on making it illegal to buy guns such as AR15, and ammo....this is a good thing, they have not wanted to stop sportsmen shooting at targets or hunters or those that need certain weapons for their own protection...they are just trying to remove those guns that are useless anywhere other than a war zone...brave and valiant stance by a selection of Republicans and Democrats for pulling together to fight death threats and verbal abuse etc, to effect such a major change.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/0... ;
So you are the one who deflected over to total gun deaths from AR'15's.
And how the hell are you going to ban people hands and feet, garden snail?{rolls eyes}
Oh so now I am supposed to know when you are chaneling my other posters and having you wanting me to respond as if you were the original poster...you are losing it my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth About Reloading 11 min payme 48
News Treating Firearms Like We Do Cars? Yeaha Lets D... (Feb '12) 12 hr Here Is One 19
News St. Louis Zoo Court Order against the Exercise ... 17 hr True facts 8
News Why assault rifle sales are booming 22 hr okimar 102
News Why are assault weapon sales jumping? Because t... Thu Here Is One 47
This is the NRA’s worst nightmare: Thu Here Is One 18
News No wedding for Bristol Palin Jun 30 General 39
More from around the web