It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,342

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Read more

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106127 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"gun crime is around 30 a year"
Define "crime" as you mean it there^.
HOMICIDE!

Perth, Australia

#106128 Apr 30, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your world is a very dim one indeed. Ever though about coming out of the dark?
Do enlighten me dear?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#106129 Apr 30, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defence. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; ... the weak will become prey.”-&#8213;Thomas Paine
Thomas Paine was a seer of truth.
So was Cicero.
So are some of us current humans. There are enough of us to see the truth through these current dark times of humanity.

Location hidden

#106130 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
HOMICIDE!
I see.

Would you care to disclose the "other" crime rates since the gun ban, in your fine country?

Is not VIOLENT CRIME - UP in Australia since the confiscation?

Perth, Australia

#106131 Apr 30, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defence. The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; ... the weak will become prey.”-&#8213;Thomas Paine
Every human has violence within...the difference is compassion for others...some who can control their tendencies have this in abundance, the other neanderthals....have none so they buy weapons to increase their power over others and all that does is see death and the destruction of the human race....those with compassion and love for their fellow man who don't reduce themselves to the level of a wild animal know how to survive and will, it has happened before when their were different types of tribes of humans all those that died out were the ones that were aggressive toward each other and used their weapons to kill to eat, while the only group to survive was the one that altered their perception of what they ate and what they needed to achieve this...they grew crops and farmed the land and learnt to get along with each others,in short their brains developed, and the others did not. Now we are back with a group of neanderthals that only knows one way to solve their problems and they are killing each other off at an alarming rate.....crazy people that don't understand a weapon won't solve your problems..

Perth, Australia

#106133 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I did dear.
I started by making a point of asking you "Which laws?"
Your whitewash attempt there ^ is duly noted tho.
There you go again when you are caught with your pants down...what you should have done when you are wrong is simply say that you are sorry that you got it so wrong, not attempt to deflect your stupidity, which only works with another yank.....not working with me deary...next time get your facts straight before you go on your useless ra, ra, propaganda rants.

Location hidden

#106134 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Every human has violence within...the difference is compassion for others...some who can control their tendencies have this in abundance, the other neanderthals....have none so they buy weapons to increase their power over others and all that does is see death and the destruction of the human race....those with compassion and love for their fellow man who don't reduce themselves to the level of a wild animal know how to survive and will, it has happened before when their were different types of tribes of humans all those that died out were the ones that were aggressive toward each other and used their weapons to kill to eat, while the only group to survive was the one that altered their perception of what they ate and what they needed to achieve this...they grew crops and farmed the land and learnt to get along with each others,in short their brains developed, and the others did not. Now we are back with a group of neanderthals that only knows one way to solve their problems and they are killing each other off at an alarming rate.....crazy people that don't understand a weapon won't solve your problems..
It has nothing to do with "developed" brains, or "evolved" brains, nor any other such nonsense. Proper behavior toward one another, all has to do with proper teaching and training of our youth, no matter what "civilized" society one is speaking about, or whose brain is in question.
Your "civilization" is no bed of roses Ausie. In fact, your "civilized" way of dealing with your fellow humans is a FAR cry from what and how the civilizations that your "civilized" humans destroyed, operated. They took care of each other and it was ingrained in their little skulls of mush from the very moment of their birth. What you call "civilized" is actually a great and grand scheme and system of destroying mankind, and making slaves of the masses for the pleasures of the few.

"As a child I understood how to give, I have forgotten this grace since I have become civilized."
Luther Standing Bear.

"Children were encouraged to develop strict discipline and a high regard for sharing. When a girl picked her first berries and dug her first roots, they were given away to an elder so she would share her future success."
Mourning Dove Salish

"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
Crowfoot

Location hidden

#106135 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
crazy people that don't understand a weapon won't solve your problems..
Interesting.
Now you are fully aware why I, and millions like me, have no regard for your "civilized" armed LEOs to "protect" and "serve" us.
We insist on using our natural born rights to defend ourselves and our own. Save your money on more false "protectors".

Perth, Australia

#106136 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed it did ya?
Too bad. Most others got it.
That's OK they are dumb yanks...they have your meat head ideals...mind I am truly surprised you get anything at all....

Location hidden

#106137 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again when you are caught with your pants down...what you should have done when you are wrong is simply say that you are sorry that you got it so wrong, not attempt to deflect your stupidity, which only works with another yank.....not working with me deary...next time get your facts straight before you go on your useless ra, ra, propaganda rants.
My facts ARE straight Aussie.
We come to be in possession of our natural rights to self defense by virtue of our birth.
We are in possession of certain other inalienable rights by virtue of our births as well.
NO human or group of humans wrote into existance my inalienable rights. No other human did that for you either Aussie. Stop fooling yourself. The benevolence of your fellow man is not as you claim. Your own posts are FULL of examples of that, lady.

It is of no concern to me what particular laws you were blathering about before I replied to your drivel.
I can and will make proclamations of truth as I encounter the opportunity to set others straight in their understanding of such things as natural laws and rights.
Tis your knickers that are showing the pubes snookums.

Location hidden

#106138 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK they are dumb yanks...they have your meat head ideals...mind I am truly surprised you get anything at all....
What I have my mislead Aussie friend, is what Gerry Spence calls the "biological advantage" of truth.
What I also have is an good understanding of how humans operate and think.

You would be well advised to also heed the following truth. Your personal assaults are NOT arguments.
<smile>

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106139 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed".

San Jose, CA.

#106140 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Cicero.
So are some of us current humans. There are enough of us to see the truth through these current dark times of humanity.
Aye. The Light will ALWAYS out shine the darkness.

San Jose, CA.

#106141 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be thinking differently when you are in chains, and we're still free.

Location hidden

#106142 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Will a Grizzly Bear sow kill you or at least seriously disable you, if you are perceived as a threat to her cubs? Does she need anyone to tell her to do so?

Will a small kitten tear you up if you corner it and it does not want to be touched by you? Does that little kitten need anyone to tell it to defend itself when in danger?

Will a "trained" tiger turn on it's "master" if it decides to be it's own boss again? Does anyone tell the tiger to once again act "naturally" and defend itself?

Do you have to tell a human mother to protect her baby from harm?
Do you have to tell a child to defend itself when under assault?
Why not?

I find it fascinating that you call those kinds of truths "ra-ra propaganda".

I see you are still a male hating idiot with only a pittance of real truth within you. The real truth was removed from you by written edict from your "civilized" masters, many moons ago.

Location hidden

#106143 Apr 30, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye. The Light will ALWAYS out shine the darkness.
Yes, and it is amazing how much darkness can be destroyed by the small flicker of a simple truth that even a small child can grasp.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by the primordial soup with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
Becky

Wuhan, China

#106144 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Cicero.
These are not dark times. Where is your sense of perspective? More people are living safe peaceful healthy prosperous lives than any other time in human history. Enjoy it and appreciate it- we are the most privileged generation that ever lived.

Perth, Australia

#106145 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
My facts ARE straight Aussie.
We come to be in possession of our natural rights to self defense by virtue of our birth.
We are in possession of certain other inalienable rights by virtue of our births as well.
A: You are an American so I know you are not being obtuse as much as a retard...
NO human or group of humans wrote into existance my inalienable rights. No other human did that for you either Aussie. Stop fooling yourself. The benevolence of your fellow man is not as you claim. Your own posts are FULL of examples of that, lady.
A: any laws you possess are man made laws...like it or not....doubt that walk down the main street and start shooting....you will end up dead or in jail....you can't do that...man says so....
It is of no concern to me what particular laws you were blathering about before I replied to your drivel.
A: If you weren't wrong or rude you would have cared to know what the conversation was about when you entered it...you are both.
I can and will make proclamations of truth as I encounter the opportunity to set others straight in their understanding of such things as natural laws and rights.
A: None of you gun loving morons know anything about truth if it is not for your guns...you are a small minded and closed minded lot...no honesty without truth and truth needs all information not just your biased one sided bullshit.
Tis your knickers that are showing the pubes snookums.
A: Well either trim them or buy a larger pair of undies to cover them deary....

Location hidden

#106146 Apr 30, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be thinking differently when you are in chains, and we're still free.
I doubt that very much.
She NEEDS those chains or she can not trust herself to act "civilized".
She thinks we all need chains like hers, to keep from committing crimes. She is wrong.

Perth, Australia

#106147 Apr 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Will a Grizzly Bear sow kill you or at least seriously disable you, if you are perceived as a threat to her cubs? Does she need anyone to tell her to do so?
Will a small kitten tear you up if you corner it and it does not want to be touched by you? Does that little kitten need anyone to tell it to defend itself when in danger?
Will a "trained" tiger turn on it's "master" if it decides to be it's own boss again? Does anyone tell the tiger to once again act "naturally" and defend itself?
Do you have to tell a human mother to protect her baby from harm?
Do you have to tell a child to defend itself when under assault?
Why not?
I find it fascinating that you call those kinds of truths "ra-ra propaganda".
I see you are still a male hating idiot with only a pittance of real truth within you. The real truth was removed from you by written edict from your "civilized" masters, many moons ago.
No, needing a gun to sort out these problems is propaganda...does a cat have a gun or a bear or a tiger or human mother...not they instinctively sense danger and remove her babies as far from it as she can, she doesn't keep them in harms way, most time she hides with them as will a bear and a tiger etc....they don't seek trouble when they have young ones they avoid it at all costs....ijit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... 8 hr payme 60
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Fri swedenforever 108
News Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... Thu The real zeke 51
News New and Expanded Online Resource Details Fatal ... Thu payme 12
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Mar 25 CTM 12,176
News US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... Mar 25 Cat74 137
News If not Congress, Obama should reject bill on co... Mar 24 Denny CranesPlace 23
More from around the web