It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Larry

Australia

#106010 Apr 29, 2013
Maybe all the coffee gets them worked up and paranoid.. Need a good cup of tea to settle em down aye.
Troll hunter

Adelaide, Australia

#106011 Apr 29, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dumb troll actually calling himself a troll!....you must be new.
Just be quiet fatty. What it must be like to live in world of hate.
sid

Chermside, Australia

#106013 Apr 29, 2013
This was taken for another thread. So your guns are going to protect you from your tyrannical government.

The drone is quite a machine.
Designed by a jewish engineer it can maintain in shifts a position over a target for days or weeks at very low cost, virtually undetectable..
With long range visual, infrared, electronic, and many other spectrum viewers and targeting, it can cover many targets in tracing & tracking. Sometimes it can be a tiny signaling device planted on the person or object, or invisible laser, sometimes it can be a coordinate fixed position set by someone on the ground nearby using a smart phone to guide it in.
The scan includes being able to see thru buildings, heat trails (where someone may have walked minute before( vibration and other detection.
A team far away maintain control, backup, targeting, ground & air support around the drone.
The most common missile is the hellfire missiles which has a range of options from widespread
annihilation of large groups to pin point deep (7 levels underground( penetration.
Missiles can starburst, take out an entire city block or can pin point to destroy an individual in
a car. Double tap is often used, a smaller charge, damage, the enemy comes in, and then a second charge to assure the result. Supporting the drone strike often are gunships that can deliver a splash of destruction from over 2km away (virtually undetectable) in radius of 20-30m where nothing at all can survive. Supporting that of course are laser guided strike jet rockets and missiles, up to 25 km away - all with pin point precise accuracy and appropriate layers of response to what is required.
After much training & experimentation around the middle east zones, the response systems have become very precise, appropriate & measured.
There are around 1,420 operational drones with full scale strike capacity. In addition to that is the worlds most comprehensive arial array of
missiles, fighters, strike fighters, bombers, heavy bombers, ballistic missiles and now energy and particle rays.
The USA administration plans to put another 1,000 drones into operational service, as well as trial lighter versions with smaller missiles and
with energy & particle rays.
The particle or microwave raymachines will be
interesting because the promise a 'partial roast' to 'fully instant death' beam instead of a missile.
If for example on surviellance, Muslims are seen
with guns inside a mosque (common funding & trading place for weapons) then the operator can select a beam that cooks the weapons/ammunition, or slowly roasts or disables the Muskims body fluids, but does not kill them.
This is all thru the roof, everything can be seen and dealt with. Night as day. Inside their houses, nothing will be hidden. Shapes, objects, association, individual tracking, all will be exposed.
Instant heat, sound, shock, death may or may not suddenly appear to any person who does not bow to the will of the common good.
The trials in the next generation of drones and these super weapons have been completed, and the USA is actively developing conflict theaters in which to then field test their effectiveness.
Larry

Australia

#106014 Apr 29, 2013
Tea with goats milk and no guns, ah the serenity, so much serenity.
Larry

Australia

#106015 Apr 29, 2013
Maybe the person calling themselves " gogo bar is a pedo " is actually a pedo..
acco9999

Dallas, TX

#106016 Apr 29, 2013
That comment is just plain stupid
acco9999

Houston, TX

#106017 Apr 29, 2013
sid wrote:
This was taken for another thread. So your guns are going to protect you from your tyrannical government.
The drone is quite a machine.
Designed by a jewish engineer it can maintain in shifts a position over a target for days or weeks at very low cost, virtually undetectable..
With long range visual, infrared, electronic, and many other spectrum viewers and targeting, it can cover many targets in tracing & tracking. Sometimes it can be a tiny signaling device planted on the person or object, or invisible laser, sometimes it can be a coordinate fixed position set by someone on the ground nearby using a smart phone to guide it in.
The scan includes being able to see thru buildings, heat trails (where someone may have walked minute before( vibration and other detection.
A team far away maintain control, backup, targeting, ground & air support around the drone.
The most common missile is the hellfire missiles which has a range of options from widespread
annihilation of large groups to pin point deep (7 levels underground( penetration.
Missiles can starburst, take out an entire city block or can pin point to destroy an individual in
a car. Double tap is often used, a smaller charge, damage, the enemy comes in, and then a second charge to assure the result. Supporting the drone strike often are gunships that can deliver a splash of destruction from over 2km away (virtually undetectable) in radius of 20-30m where nothing at all can survive. Supporting that of course are laser guided strike jet rockets and missiles, up to 25 km away - all with pin point precise accuracy and appropriate layers of response to what is required.
After much training & experimentation around the middle east zones, the response systems have become very precise, appropriate & measured.
There are around 1,420 operational drones with full scale strike capacity. In addition to that is the worlds most comprehensive arial array of
missiles, fighters, strike fighters, bombers, heavy bombers, ballistic missiles and now energy and particle rays.
The USA administration plans to put another 1,000 drones into operational service, as well as trial lighter versions with smaller missiles and
with energy & particle rays.
The particle or microwave raymachines will be
interesting because the promise a 'partial roast' to 'fully instant death' beam instead of a missile.
If for example on surviellance, Muslims are seen
with guns inside a mosque (common funding & trading place for weapons) then the operator can select a beam that cooks the weapons/ammunition, or slowly roasts or disables the Muskims body fluids, but does not kill them.
This is all thru the roof, everything can be seen and dealt with. Night as day. Inside their houses, nothing will be hidden. Shapes, objects, association, individual tracking, all will be exposed.
Instant heat, sound, shock, death may or may not suddenly appear to any person who does not bow to the will of the common good.
The trials in the next generation of drones and these super weapons have been completed, and the USA is actively developing conflict theaters in which to then field test their effectiveness.
Been sucking blairs dick lately suck up ?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#106022 Apr 29, 2013
Larry wrote:
Maybe the person calling themselves " gogo bar is a pedo " is actually a pedo..
I have raped him so hard on this thread that his bum twitches when he sees the word association of GoGoBar + Thailand.
Instead of visualising exotic dancing girls it seems to trigger an extremeley difficult potty training experience he has experienced.
Probably with innapropriate touching or a piece of string.
When it matures this disability should recede.
LOL

Greenacre, Australia

#106024 Apr 29, 2013
Larry wrote:
In ten or twenty years time America will realise that they need to change. They will end up having to change, their stats of violence are not going to improve dramatically without making change.
Nuke america!!!
kol

Buffalo, NY

#106025 Apr 29, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have raped him so hard on this thread that his bum twitches when he sees the word association of GoGoBar + Thailand.
Instead of visualising exotic dancing girls it seems to trigger an extremeley difficult potty training experience he has experienced.
Maybe its because you have spoken about kids on other threads numerous times ! sicko. Look at what you have just typed then a thread about rape and people that have not matured... you're a real sicko !

Nobody needs to go to Thailand just to see dancing girls FFS... you can see that anywhere. Its the kids that old dirty men like you flood there for.
FormerParatroope r

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#106026 Apr 29, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Just do a "Ghurka" and jump without a parachute.
No guns.
And choose if you would prefer to land in Australia, Yemen or Thailand.
Thailand and Yemen should be safer for you as both countries have the same murder brate for people as the USA.
What are you talking about? I am not violent, but that does not mean I am not armed and capable of using my weapon effectively. My last option is the use of a weapon.

Since: Dec 10

Glandore, Australia

#106027 Apr 29, 2013
Troll hunter wrote:
<quoted text>Just be quiet fatty. What it must be like to live in world of hate.
Yes it must be so hard for you having to make up all that nonsense all day....come up with something intelligent once in a while maybe some dummy will listen to you occasionally...I doubt it, but hey it will lower the anger and hate and jealousy in you....dumb retard..
Larry

Australia

#106030 Apr 29, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
bahahaha good pay out!
Larry

Australia

#106031 Apr 29, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Munchin on Zac biscuits with Vegemite spread on them, no doubt too.
My sun tea has fresh lemon and my guns are in the cabinet.
My plot of dirt is serene too, nice breeze on a sunny day.
Lizards & birds,,kids playing, serenity doesn't get much better than that and guns don't even rate a conscious thought.
But when that serenity is broken, it's good to know their there.
Be it criminal intent or maybe a dog attacking one of those kids playing. Both real & possible part of everyday life, everywhere.
I've shot tens of thousands of rounds in my life and enjoyed every one I've fired. From the skill of hitting a bullseye, to skipping a bean can across the desert.
It's positive fun and I have the freedom to do it, always have.
Don't think I'd care much for having it taken away.
The plus's outweigh the minus's.
well that sounds pretty cool, but we have fun here without the guns. Port Arthur had such a big impact, we knew what we had to do. As I said before, even people who didnt vote for the Liberal (conservative party) supported the new laws. Everyone worked together on it, the impact the shooting had was felt across the nation.

I m glad things are good for ya there mate.
rnauw

France

#106032 Apr 29, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> bahahaha good pay out!
Typical pedo, runs to another pedo to back his weak comment.
Larry

Australia

#106033 Apr 29, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Nuke america!!!
what a stupid comment. Stupidity.noted comment ignored.
rnauw

France

#106034 Apr 29, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> what a stupid comment. Stupidity.noted comment ignored.
Its no worse than any of your pathetic dipshit comments.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#106035 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Violence against women is a crime that is worldwide...walk out your back door...women have been raped, abused, murdered by men since the beginning of time they are the most neglected and mistreated group on the planet...and you are just now feeling the need to educate us on that...we know it we have lived it you men know nothing of what some of you are capable of toward women....and children...men are a sick perverted group...and a great deal of women would be safer and better off if men disappeared off the face of the earth.
http://www.vaw.umn.edu/documents/inbriefs/dom...
Thank you, my point exactly. The strong always dominate the weak. Women are also just as capable. Women kill their children in horrific ways like burning them , microwaving them, placing them in clothes dryers. A gun not needed in either case. Men WILL dominate women, always have (long before guns). Guns do however give the weaker a fighting chance against the stronger. As I have said over and over, it's not the preferred choice but in many cases it's the only choice. ALL humans are capable of horrific actions, it's the nature of the beast. I prefer to be armed when dealing with humans,you can't trust them and they may turn violent at any time and without cause or warning.

Since: Dec 10

Glandore, Australia

#106036 Apr 30, 2013
Look at that, twenty years this guy has lived in the US and now he is threatening bank staff with bombs....seems your violent attitude rubs off on even us Aussies....put him in jail...he is tainted and he has lived there long enough to be one of you...so you keep him now...we don't want him back.
I, am hostile towards him threatening innocents...lucky I am not a juror, eh!

http://www.theage.com.au/world/jurors-grilled...
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#106037 Apr 30, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I did agree with most of what you said till you said it was not the guns....guns have made life easier for criminals for war for killing in general...try a drive by with a lolly pop.......guns are cheap and easy method of death...
They have also made it harder for criminals. Before just the strong ruled over the weak, at least guns in the hands of victims makes criminals life harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US civilian shoots dead armed car thief: police 1 hr Marauder 3
News Student arrested for refusing to leave 'die-in' 1 hr Marauder 14
News Largest maker of bump stocks will stop acceptin... Sun Into The Night 995
News Americaa s Largest Doctora s Group Calls for a ... Sun Say What 1
News Newspaper fires anti-Trump cartoonist; mayor wa... Jun 14 Gunner 3
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... Jun 14 javawhey 1,913
News Donald Trump meets families of school shooting ... Jun 14 HillaryStinksAgain 130