It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Mentone, Australia

#105689 Apr 27, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> the goverment? Ok .. Yep time for sleep
"MalbarCACA Controllers" is convinced that you are me. He thinks he's Sherlock Holmes on the scent of some momentous breakthrough because at present my geo-location is "Chatswood, Australia". He's gearing up to harass you about that, like he has been badgering me about it on another thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TF...

That is the way he operates and 'endears' himself to everyone.:)
MalbarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#105690 Apr 27, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
"MalbarCACA Controllers" is convinced that you are me. He thinks he's Sherlock Holmes on the scent of some momentous breakthrough because at present my geo-location is "Chatswood, Australia". He's gearing up to harass you about that, like he has been badgering me about it on another thread.
That is the way he operates and 'endears' himself to everyone.:)
Hey what's up, did you not say in another thread "And I've lost interest, like I said I would."?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Mentone, Australia

#105691 Apr 27, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey what's up, did you not say in another thread "And I've lost interest, like I said I would."?
Yes I did. But then I stumbled on this by chance.

Just isn't your lucky day is it, beady.

http://tinyurl.com/ctdmf8w
spocko

Oakland, CA

#105692 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Big mistake. We should've tested them in California. Preferably right next door to you.
Must have hit a nerve eh moron?!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#105693 Apr 27, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
We were certainly right in getting rid of Saddam. And we were certainly right in invading Afghanistan and toppling the Taliban.

Since: Oct 12

Rochelle, GA

#105694 Apr 27, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>the goverment? Ok .. Yep time for sleep
you do realise that almost everywhere there have been American solders the Austrian solders were with them?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#105695 Apr 27, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's just that I've been to California. I went to California for the very first time in my life this past March 28th. I wound up in some hellhole called Winterhaven. Stayed about 10 minutes. Looked around at California, then left. That was enough of California for me.

I'll NEVER go back to California !
LOL

Greenacre, Australia

#105696 Apr 27, 2013
If every american shot each other the world would benefit. Less americans = less carbon dioxide.
LOL

Greenacre, Australia

#105697 Apr 27, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have been lucky enough to have had people around me that have come to my aid...it was a car accident a person clipped the back end of my car and it rolled and withing what seemed like a lifetime but was only a few minutes I had people coming from everywhere, it was like Kings Cross on a Saturday night...and I greatly admired their aid ...so thankful that I in turn felt the need to join a service that helped others and I only retired from it fully last year...it is a great feeling to aid others in need of help and sometimes even have the want to save a life rather than worry about someone pinching my stuff or taking my life, so that I want to get a gun and shoot them....life is too short to think that small....
People coming on you at Kings Cross, are you a prostitute?
Just a thought

Oakland, CA

#105698 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
We were certainly right in getting rid of Saddam. And we were certainly right in invading Afghanistan and toppling the Taliban.
Getting rid of Saddam at a cost of over 1 Million dead, wounded, maimed and/or displaced human beings - you are one twisted rightwingnuz ... oh did I mention the Trillions in cost to the taxpayer?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#105699 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's just that I've been to California. I went to California for the very first time in my life this past March 28th. I wound up in some hellhole called Winterhaven. Stayed about 10 minutes. Looked around at California, then left. That was enough of California for me.
I'll NEVER go back to California !
Perfect, we have a saying here: welcome to California now go home!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#105700 Apr 27, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting rid of Saddam at a cost of over 1 Million dead, wounded, maimed and/or displaced human beings - you are one twisted rightwingnuz ... oh did I mention the Trillions in cost to the taxpayer?
Getting rid of Hitler at a cost of over 1 Million dead, wounded, maimed and/or displaced human beings - you are one twisted rightwingnuz ... oh did I mention the Trillions in cost to the taxpayer?(btw, Hitler didn't attack us first. The Japanese attacked us first.)
spocko

Oakland, CA

#105701 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting rid of Hitler at a cost of over 1 Million dead, wounded, maimed and/or displaced human beings - you are one twisted rightwingnuz ... oh did I mention the Trillions in cost to the taxpayer?(btw, Hitler didn't attack us first. The Japanese attacked us first.)
Like I said one sick twisted moron, Saddam never attacked the US, had no WMDs, had no connection to al-qaeda!
sid

Chermside, Australia

#105702 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you sitting comfortably in your lounge after somewhere between 500,000 and a million people were slaughtered because “ we had to get rid of Hussein “ very easy for you to dismiss the lives of others when they are not your sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, no they are euphemistically called collateral damage, bad luck,“ shit happens “ to others but when it happens to yanks the perpetrators are despicable terrorists, your callousness is breathtaking , your ignorance beyond belief.
In the history of earth Iraq has never posed a single tangible threat to america.
Before too much longer it won't be safe any american to leave the US, your agenda of world domination under the guise of ridding the world of communism, terrorism has backfired and now the dogs are starting to bite back, 9/11, boston are just the beginning, you have sown the wind and you shall reap the the tempest.

Since: Dec 10

Glandore, Australia

#105703 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is saying to getting rid of Husien wasn't a bad thing,...it is just that you are deluded as to why, and when it is spelt out for you, you fall back on WELL, he had to go....well so do a good deal of your leaders, the Bush bullies head that list...they should be tried for war crimes along with Blair and Howard, you can't say a man that has gassed his people is worse than countries that engineer wars to kill thousands of innocents is any better, and the worst of it is they didn't do it to remove Husien for the sake of his people, they did it for greed...America was still shipping WMD'S to Iraq even when it was known that Hussein had killed Iraqi soldiers and the kurds with them...so don't act all high and mighty...the world now knows the truth and who was involved in decieving the UN....try that again and people won't be so forgiving..especially the Brits and Australian peoples....Now you keep this up and you just make yourself look ignorant and biased...because you are brainwashed to believe what you are told doesn't mean you can't break that mould by educating yourself eh Pacha?

Since: Oct 12

Rochelle, GA

#105704 Apr 27, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>No one is saying to getting rid of Husien wasn't a bad thing,...it is just that you are deluded as to why, and when it is spelt out for you, you fall back on WELL, he had to go....well so do a good deal of your leaders, the Bush bullies head that list...they should be tried for war crimes along with Blair and Howard, you can't say a man that has gassed his people is worse than countries that engineer wars to kill thousands of innocents is any better, and the worst of it is they didn't do it to remove Husien for the sake of his people, they did it for greed...America was still shipping WMD'S to Iraq even when it was known that Hussein had killed Iraqi soldiers and the kurds with them...so don't act all high and mighty...the world now knows the truth and who was involved in decieving the UN....try that again and people won't be so forgiving..especially the Brits and Australian peoples....Now you keep this up and you just make yourself look ignorant and biased...because you are brainwashed to believe what you are told doesn't mean you can't break that mould by educating yourself eh Pacha?
get off your high horse the brits and Australians were there too and they don't mind getting there gas from there!! I don't agree with the war but we're not by ourselves your guilty too

Since: Dec 10

Glandore, Australia

#105708 Apr 27, 2013
There you go again wrote:
<quoted text>
get off your high horse the brits and Australians were there too and they don't mind getting there gas from there!! I don't agree with the war but we're not by ourselves your guilty too
If you read my post I state that very thing...but the old saying applies.... fool me once...shame on you! fool me twice, shame on me. We will not make it easy to do to Syria what we did to Iraq, your proof had better than what you are trying to come up with...it is pathetic at best.
Larry

Australia

#105709 Apr 27, 2013
I support the USA all their conflicts, Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator and threat to world peace. A strong United States is a Safe world in my opinion.
The United States uses its powerful position as a peace keeper. Australia is a close alli of the USA, people are always going to complain and say oh they were after oil or opium or whatever, but at the end of the day saddam hussein is dead, Ossama bin laden is dead. These were evil people who committed the most horrific crimes. Australia will always support the USA 100 percent in these situations. Back to the topic of guns we are not telling the Americans what to do, ultimately they will do what they like, we can only share our experience and reccomend that they take action on gun control.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#105712 Apr 27, 2013
Larry wrote:
I support the USA all their conflicts, Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator and threat to world peace. A strong United States is a Safe world in my opinion.
The United States uses its powerful position as a peace keeper. Australia is a close alli of the USA, people are always going to complain and say oh they were after oil or opium or whatever, but at the end of the day saddam hussein is dead, Ossama bin laden is dead. These were evil people who committed the most horrific crimes. Australia will always support the USA 100 percent in these situations. Back to the topic of guns we are not telling the Americans what to do, ultimately they will do what they like, we can only share our experience and reccomend that they take action on gun control.
World peace ... what world peace?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#105714 Apr 27, 2013
I have to say that the US has been doing a sterling job on their foreign policy in general. Good old Obama.
But these severe sanctions against North Korea and Iran are beginning to border on criminal.
Both countries are facing malnutrition cisis and may hace to issue food stamps soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... (Jun '16) 14 hr Chick1445 2,498
News Hudson Proposes National Concealed Carry Bill 17 hr Butterfly4273 4
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... Sun Slit354 3
My self defense method Dec 3 justice 10
News Ban shooting in and around subdivisions Dec 3 duzitreallymatter 1
News St. Louis Alderwoman Introduces 'Assault Weapon... Nov 19 duzitreallymatter 1
News The power and glory of the comma Nov 15 Flintstonegeek 1
More from around the web