It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,362

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Boong Coon

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#105445 Apr 25, 2013
Ahomona is just a fat bitch on welfare with too much time on her hands that is bitter towards men because her own husband left her and she dosent see it was because of her being a fat obnoxious bitch that he left.
republican rights

Anonymous Proxy

#105446 Apr 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that was because prison guards have been shot with their own weapons transferring prisoners etc... who said you yanks were dumb...LOL
i can go to jersey and buy a grenade launcher, requires an ATF approval stamp and 2 1/2 month wait and than i will blow your house up

Chicago, IL

#105448 Apr 25, 2013
republican rights wrote:
<quoted text>suicide is your option but how you lot going to kill yourselves if theres no guns
The Japanese and Chinese could give them some pointers.
The Swat Team

United States

#105449 Apr 25, 2013
Iam so damn ugly even the elephant man paid to have a look at me.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#105450 Apr 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, guards don't carry guns for protection. They can't carry weapons while among the prison population. Guards get beaten all the time, sometimes killed. Also exposed to things like hepatitis. The guards are vastly outnumbered.
Guards do confiscate the home-made weapons constantly but prisoners are always making more. They make little shivs that are easily hidden and not detected by metal detectors.
Sure there are cameras everywhere but that means someone is in a room watching those cameras. You see on camera a fight break out, then all the guards have to scramble to get there. By that time prisoner is already been shanked and is bleeding to death.
They can't stop violence before it actually happens. Only watch and react but after the fact and often too late.
You should stop watching so many movies.
You should stop making so many excuses for laziness.

Perth, Australia

#105451 Apr 25, 2013
republican rights wrote:
<quoted text>i can go to jersey and buy a grenade launcher, requires an ATF approval stamp and 2 1/2 month wait and than i will blow your house up
Hope you can do it from the US our AFP will confiscate from you, so no, I don't think you will blow up my house...I think you have a better chance of blowing yourself up.

Perth, Australia

#105452 Apr 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not during transfer. During transfer prisoners are shackled and officers do have weapons.
Its in the prison itself that guards can't carry weapons because the guards are extremely outnumbered in prison and in very close proximity to prisoners that aren't chained. In a prison the criminals are free and could easily jump guards en masse and overpower them. This is how prison riots start.
So in an actual prison guns are kept locked up and handled only in a few select areas away from the prisoners. Like in the guard towers for example they may be armed. The guards that walk around among the prisoners have no weapons.
They must have had a few incidents for that to come about....guards with no guns...and lots of prisoners, I can see them jumping a guard to get the keys to the gun locker and then all shite will hit the fan...
The SWAT TEAM

Anonymous Proxy

#105453 Apr 25, 2013
The Squatting Squaw Team wrote:
Iam so damn ugly even the elephant man paid to have a look at me.
Yes we know, guest Stupif.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#105454 Apr 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Because an animal has no ability to reason you would think the animal on the top of the food chain with the most effective grey matter can get past animistic behavior....and in most civilized countries (for the most part) this is the case...then there are the third world countries and America...go figure.
You would think so, and it sounds good. In reality it comes down to we are just animals. Even the most "civilized" countries has violence and inhuman treatment of each other. NO ONE is exempt. I fall back to an old but true quote. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". There are police in every country who have no fear of their job no longer being required.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#105455 Apr 25, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> ok sure, you send me the number in an email and the email wont get opened till after the game, I ll guess numbers from one to 100 and there is a 100% chance I will strike the number! You give me $100 dollars! We are smart in Australia, you never specified a number of guesses! He he he solo jacker.
Where did I set a limit of 100? Not so smart hmmm. Start guessing, and I would like that in cash.
republican rights

Anonymous Proxy

#105456 Apr 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you can do it from the US our AFP will confiscate from you, so no, I don't think you will blow up my house...I think you have a better chance of blowing yourself up.
if royal federal police see my grenade launcher they will shit their pants and skip like kangaroos
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#105457 Apr 25, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> in fact I will go as far as stating some Australians are smart enough to realise that if you give a heap of people guns they are going to shoot one another, if you take the guns away then they cant shoot one another. We like to keep things simple in Australia, thats why the biggest river in Brisbane is called the Brisbane river. Bridge over sydney Harbour, is called Sydney Harbour Bridge. Some things are only as complicated as you need to make them. Its the guns stupid.
In fact taking self defense weapons from people open up the ability of criminals to ply their trade. Common sense says you just exchange one crime for another. PROOF? Look at history. People have been killing each other for thousands of years. No time in history have criminals been stopped or deterred more from crime then when the victims were armed. The gun has deterred criminals more than any other thing in human history. Notice I say deterred, not stopped. Criminals simply move on to unarmed victims and avoid the armed. The gun evolved for a reason, it's called necessity is the mother of invention. Had there been no need for weapons then none would have evolved. For you to think banning one stops another from evolving is simplistic thinking. Leave the complicated thinking to those who can.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#105458 Apr 25, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
Prison Homicide rates USA
"Homicide rates were similar in
local jails (3 per 100,000) and State
prisons (4 per 100,000).
67% of homicide victims in State
prisons had served at least 2 years;
37% had served 5 years.
Non Prison National Murder Rate 4.8/100,000
Looks like you are less likely to be murdered in prison.
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/shsplj.pdf
If the government can't stop murders in prisons(where criminals have no access to guns or weapons) then what makes you think they can stop murders outside of that extremely controlled environment?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#105459 Apr 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
They must have had a few incidents for that to come about....guards with no guns...and lots of prisoners, I can see them jumping a guard to get the keys to the gun locker and then all shite will hit the fan...
Yet with no access to guns or weapons violent actions including murder is still high. Even in such a controlled environment the animal is still violent.
Larry

Australia

#105460 Apr 25, 2013
republican rights wrote:
<quoted text>there whole world wants to be like great usa no one cares about australia expect british clowns in red coats
you're out of line bozo, pull ya bloody socks up mate. The USA is a great country, Australia is also. Lets get back to guns and big crocodiles and how we feel our country is now safer because we did away with the guns. Its the guns stupid.

Perth, Australia

#105461 Apr 25, 2013
republican rights wrote:
<quoted text>no you are convict prisoners on a isolated island for punishment suicide is your option but how you lot going to kill yourselves if theres no guns
Well I heard there are those that can kill people before a hundred guards can get to them so I will have to ask how it's done...that way it's free.

Perth, Australia

#105462 Apr 25, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You would think so, and it sounds good. In reality it comes down to we are just animals. Even the most "civilized" countries has violence and inhuman treatment of each other. NO ONE is exempt. I fall back to an old but true quote. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". There are police in every country who have no fear of their job no longer being required.
There will as you say always be violence, though in most civilized countries they endeavor to limit it as much as reasonable possible, if that means we give a little to get a lot, to some countries it is worth the effort...others not so much.
Larry

Australia

#105463 Apr 25, 2013
Another point, thats point number 5 lol, its our choice if we want to remain loyal to Britain, we even have had votes on stuff like this, and the loyalty remains. We like our homeland. We like Americans also, but we shake our heads and say pull ya bloody socks up and wipe ya chin, get rid of your guns aye. We are all shaking our heads watching in frustration. If we did not care we would not say anything. Clearly we are concerned.

Point number six. Big monster croc should be left alone. Dont mess with nature , they are a natural part of the landscape, increase awarness and no tourists will get eaten.

Perth, Australia

#105464 Apr 25, 2013
republican rights wrote:
<quoted text>if royal federal police see my grenade launcher they will shit their pants and skip like kangaroos
LOL,....I don't like your chances but if you think you can, give it a go. Write out your will before you attempt it though, just to be on the safe side.
Boong Coon

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#105465 Apr 25, 2013
Larry wrote:
Another point, thats point number 5 lol, its our choice if we want to remain loyal to Britain, we even have had votes on stuff like this, and the loyalty remains. We like our homeland. We like Americans also, but we shake our heads and say pull ya bloody socks up and wipe ya chin, get rid of your guns aye. We are all shaking our heads watching in frustration. If we did not care we would not say anything. Clearly we are concerned.
Point number six. Big monster croc should be left alone. Dont mess with nature , they are a natural part of the landscape, increase awarness and no tourists will get eaten.
Only brain dead losers ever say anything like that.
Guns are never a topic anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 54 min Here Is One 362
The Well Armed Woman Program - where the femini... 58 min Here Is One 80
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 2 hr dannyBOY lies again 11,479
SAF lawsuit challenges Illinois CCW statute 9 hr Tory II 1
3 year old shoots AR and survives 13 hr Kentucky-Mitch 15
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Thu Explain yourself 13
Florida's 55 Bloomberg Anti-Second Amendment Ma... Oct 21 Squach 8

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE