It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 20 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105409 Apr 24, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine says Chicago as well even though I'm nowhere near Chicago. It used to say Frenso, Ca and I'm on the East Coast.
Chicago has the most gun control and the most shootings. Gun control doesn't work there
more

Santa Fe, NM

#105410 Apr 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="ping wong.[/QUOTE]

racist stupidity
yeah right

Santa Fe, NM

#105411 Apr 24, 2013
ping wong wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago has the most gun control and the most shootings. Gun control doesn't work there
hey dummy - it is just a short train ride to where there no are controls.

Chicago, IL

#105412 Apr 24, 2013
ping wong wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago has the most gun control and the most shootings. Gun control doesn't work there
Obviously. And look at Washington DC. Highest crime in the nation during their gun ban...after the gun ban was struck down they're at their lowest crime rates in 50 years.

Gun control works great for the criminals though. They strongly support more gun control.

Chicago, IL

#105413 Apr 24, 2013
ping wong wrote:
<quoted text>would you like to live in australia?
No thanks.
ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105415 Apr 24, 2013
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dummy - it is just a short train ride to where there no are controls.
where is there train going to take me please explain am student from china in san francisco
ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105416 Apr 24, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks.
they have royal hospitals, royal police force, royal air force,royal government,royal show, royal Yacht club,
ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105417 Apr 24, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Because an animal has no ability to reason you would think the animal on the top of the food chain with the most effective grey matter can get past animistic behavior....and in most civilized countries (for the most part) this is the case...then there are the third world countries and America...go figure.
in australia you have royal hospitals, royal police force, royal air force,royal government,royal show, royal Yacht club,
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

#105418 Apr 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is still less than Obama has spent in the last 4 years. So what is your point/
It is not less, it is part of the total debt.. Obama at least spent the money in America.

You don't have one. Don't forget Reagan's comment: " Deficits don't matter..."

Republicans couldn't run a hotdog stand...
ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105419 Apr 24, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get any blanket gun restrictions past congress, because most are paid mostly by the NRA with your support...so it is left up to the states, and only a few states have tough gun restrictions, so it can't work because not all are under the same laws. It may be illegal to sell a gun across state lines but that has never stopped you getting them across the border to Mexico(who have gun restrictions) so taking them to sell across a state line wouldn't phase you in the slightes, as I said before if those who are supposed to prevent this are not doing their jobs....the laws aren't worth implementing in the first place you noong.
It isn't&#65279; hard to drive into a neighbouring state get a gun and then drive back, not exactly an obstacle. Even if there is check points to prevent that, it wouldn't be hard to bypass them.
ping wong

Anonymous Proxy

#105420 Apr 24, 2013
i&#65279; wondered if Obama would drop the gun control issue if all the secret service agents protecting his family are only armed with bows and arrows?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#105421 Apr 24, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine says Chicago as well even though I'm nowhere near Chicago. It used to say Frenso, Ca and I'm on the East Coast.
I thought he may be bounced around. It just seemed funny. What part of the east coast?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#105422 Apr 25, 2013
republican gun state wrote:
<quoted text> you dumb people in australia No houses&#65279; are broken into in my town. Know why? WE ARE ALL GUN OWNERS!
Buy a dog, you dumb arse.

Perth, Australia

#105423 Apr 25, 2013
republican gun state wrote:
<quoted text>you should worry about your royal state cause royal government is going to seize your property and be laughing
ROTFLMFAO....YOU KNOW NOTHING dumb troll.!

Perth, Australia

#105424 Apr 25, 2013
way to go Ahole wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes only a split second. We two could be sitting together right in the middle of 100 policemen and if I decide to suddenly kill you they couldn't stop me.
A: Well then guns are useless aren't they?

They could react but it'd be too late for you. All they could do is arrest me after the fact. They can't read minds or predict the future.
<quoted text>
Prisoners make the weapons. An old favorite is a simple plastic toothbrush. rub it against a wall or floor until one end is worn down to a sharp point. Various other items are also used. You going to ban toothbrushes now?
<quoted text>
A: And wouldn't you think the guards would know what you know and confiscate any possible weapon but by you intelligence they don't need a weapon...so why does it still happen smarty pants....because the guards are not doing their job or they're corrupt..Oh der!
You've never been to prison I take it, or known anyone in prison? They arent locked up in a cell alone 24/7. They do have rights. They do get exercise time, free time, they have jobs they do. They get to socialize . They aren't locked in a cage all the time, liberals would have a fit.
Consider 1,000 murderers and rapists in a building together with only a few guards watching them. Guards who are trying not to get killed themselves while also trying to keep these people from killing each other. Then factor in the gangs. Its not a nice place.
A: Oh I thought it was paradise in prison where everyone is your friend, you noong and the guards have guns for protection or so that is what I am led to believe they are used for by the gun noongs, are you telling me they don't do the job?....And NO! I have not been to prison, have you? and do you now have a gun, if so how effective is it and is it really needed if you can kill me with 100 guards watching you....wouldn't everyone kill that way, it would be cheaper and less hard work? LOL
Sure they have cameras everywhere. What good is that when you get stabbed? It was on camera, but you're still dead. At least they have a nice picture of your killer? That's nice.
A: you could kill me before a hundred guards could get to me....why the need for a weapon?....make up your melon.

Perth, Australia

#105425 Apr 25, 2013
ping wong wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't&#65279; hard to drive into a neighbouring state get a gun and then drive back, not exactly an obstacle. Even if there is check points to prevent that, it wouldn't be hard to bypass them.
I think that is the point I am making troll...you are just not getting the point....Your laws have to be in every state encompassing every possible scenario and with harsher penalties...it isn't rocket science.

Perth, Australia

#105426 Apr 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another troll....

Perth, Australia

#105427 Apr 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your government must not think so because they don't even trust you with a pocket knife.
That's because we don't want our country to become America....and we back our governments actions with over 90% of popular opinion... our country is safe in comparison to yours, so who's the idiot now?....Never had 20 little kids shot at their desks multiple times by a man with a gun, have you?...We know what is the right thing to do, you are fighting it because you don't care about human life or your kids, just your guns and rights....keep your guns for protection and and we will keep our kids safe happy but most of all alive....cheers beetch!

Perth, Australia

#105428 Apr 25, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
The criminal isn't the problem??? You really do have shit for brains, don't you
would a dog chained in a cage be a problem you dumb arse yank?...NO!...Crims that are locked up and guarded with you American idiots who have guns and camera's and dogs....shouldn't be a problem to you either, but you dumb arses can't get anything right.
What else do you want,to make them copses so you actually do your job...That would be about right.

Perth, Australia

#105429 Apr 25, 2013
ping wong wrote:
<quoted text>in australia you have royal hospitals, royal police force, royal air force,royal government,royal show, royal Yacht club,
That is because we are royally upperclass, not Billy Bobs, should have stuck with the Brits you might have gained some class...though nothing could get you lot one brain among you...You royal pain in the arse troll...there now you have something royal to brag about, because you just wish you were like us and Canada...shouldn't have burn't your bridges eh Pacha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House passes concealed carry bill; Hassan plans... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 4
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 19
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... Apr 29 Truth and Facts 49
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) Apr 17 OlFed 48
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 AMERICA 12,178
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
News Who's calling the shots in Canada? Apr 10 Truth and Facts 2
More from around the web