It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Read more: Truthdig 103,342

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Read more
boredguy

Camperdown, Australia

#104600 Apr 14, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are trolling for attention else you would ignore me....you think because none of these Yankee noongs have been successful in challenging me, that a simpleton like you would give it a shot...now there in lies your delusions of grandeur, which has created for me no end of laughter at your expense....
I'll try to explain the facts slowly and clearly, so pay attention. Since you're such a thicko and I'm such a good guy, I'll clarify this for you although I don't expect you to understand reason or logic.

Lesson 1: if you want to throw insults, make sure they're accurate. Otherwise you just come across like a deranged loser. You know nothing about me at all, except that I'm male. Therefore, calling me 'gay' or 'mummy's boy" or 'inbred hillbilly" any of the other laughable bullsh*t you've posted is an exercise in futility.

Lesson 2: You know nothing about any poster on this forum except the things they divulge (which may or may not be accurate). Therefore, calling them 'rednecks' etc is yet another exercise in futility. But your whole life is an exercise in futilty, which is why you respond to any comment you don't like with frothing at the mouth hysteria and schoolyard trashtalk. Also, spewing bile at strangers probably helps you to cope with your low status on the totem pole.

Your amusement value to me is getting near the end, so don't bother to respond (unless you can think up some more original 'insults' than the ones you've used so far). I know you will respond because you can't help yourself, so try your thesaurus (you can google that if you don't know what a thesaurus is, I think you'll find one online).
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#104601 Apr 14, 2013
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
Define your " freedoms ".
Not to be imposed upon by others or live under the [will] of a superior power.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#104602 Apr 14, 2013
boredguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try to explain the facts slowly and clearly, so pay attention. Since you're such a thicko and I'm such a good guy, I'll clarify this for you although I don't expect you to understand reason or logic.
Lesson 1: if you want to throw insults, make sure they're accurate. Otherwise you just come across like a deranged loser. You know nothing about me at all, except that I'm male. Therefore, calling me 'gay' or 'mummy's boy" or 'inbred hillbilly" any of the other laughable bullsh*t you've posted is an exercise in futility.
Lesson 2: You know nothing about any poster on this forum except the things they divulge (which may or may not be accurate). Therefore, calling them 'rednecks' etc is yet another exercise in futility. But your whole life is an exercise in futilty, which is why you respond to any comment you don't like with frothing at the mouth hysteria and schoolyard trashtalk. Also, spewing bile at strangers probably helps you to cope with your low status on the totem pole.
Your amusement value to me is getting near the end, so don't bother to respond (unless you can think up some more original 'insults' than the ones you've used so far). I know you will respond because you can't help yourself, so try your thesaurus (you can google that if you don't know what a thesaurus is, I think you'll find one online).
No prize for second place Pacha!....you either missed my post, the one prior to yours aimed at you idiot trolls....so as my parting gift to you, get stuffed, and doing the happy dance....
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104603 Apr 14, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be imposed upon by others or live under the [will] of a superior power.
That would be the Queen of England, The King of Thailand, The Koch Brothers and perhaps that Drug dealer down the street.
Mel Gibson

Kraków, Poland

#104604 Apr 14, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the Queen of England, The King of Thailand, The Koch Brothers and perhaps that Drug dealer down the street.
And one of the biggest pedophiles lurking in Thailand, GoGoBar.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104605 Apr 14, 2013
Mel Gibson wrote:
<quoted text>
And one of the biggest pedophiles lurking in Thailand, GoGoBar.
Where have all your fake posters gone?
Long time passing
Where have all your frauds gone?
Long time ago
Where have all your Characters gone?
Fcuked by Gogobar every one
When will you ever learn?
When will you ever....earn?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#104606 Apr 14, 2013
The Senate seems to be spending a lot of time and effort to secure at least 60 votes for their "gun control" legislation, and the news media seem to be spending a lot of time covering the Senate efforts on this.

What seems to be missing though is any debate, or discussion, or even a mere mention at all, as to what makes the average person, or members of the Senate, think that the House Of Representatives will even CONSIDER a Senate "gun control" bill. Why should they ?

Am I wrong about this ?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104607 Apr 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
The Senate seems to be spending a lot of time and effort to secure at least 60 votes for their "gun control" legislation, and the news media seem to be spending a lot of time covering the Senate efforts on this.
What seems to be missing though is any debate, or discussion, or even a mere mention at all, as to what makes the average person, or members of the Senate, think that the House Of Representatives will even CONSIDER a Senate "gun control" bill. Why should they ?
Am I wrong about this ?
Quite right. But the positioning of party opinions and accountability without any legislation is for the next media outrage when a Gunnut massacres a significant amount of innocent people.

It will be a 5 year process.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#104610 Apr 14, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. But the positioning of party opinions and accountability without any legislation is for the next media outrage when a Gunnut massacres a significant amount of innocent people.
It will be a 5 year process.
The Newtown massacre was absolutely horrendous, and I certainly hope, as I'm sure every American also hopes, that something like this never happens again.

But since the weapons that this obviously deranged person used, were legally purchased, and owned by his mother, what possible legislation could one write that could possibly have stopped this insane act ?

I'm also sure that all law-abiding, sane Americans WANTS to prevent firearms from being possessed by criminals, and the mentally unstable people. But I don't see the Senate legislation addressing those issues.

Also, remember that a mentally unstable person recently stabbed and slashed a number of college students. No one seem sto be addressing that at all.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104611 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what mine are. And spend much of my time fighting those who would steal it,(like they did yours).
Exactly what rights do you have to the exclusion of the other English speaking nations?
Do tell us. This question has been asked and never answered yet on this thread.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104613 Apr 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Newtown massacre was absolutely horrendous, and I certainly hope, as I'm sure every American also hopes, that something like this never happens again.
But since the weapons that this obviously deranged person used, were legally purchased, and owned by his mother, what possible legislation could one write that could possibly have stopped this insane act ?
I'm also sure that all law-abiding, sane Americans WANTS to prevent firearms from being possessed by criminals, and the mentally unstable people. But I don't see the Senate legislation addressing those issues.
Also, remember that a mentally unstable person recently stabbed and slashed a number of college students. No one seem sto be addressing that at all.
I fully agree.
Action should have been taken long ago in the USA.
Statistically the massacred dont count. They are insignificant compared to the corporate profits and jobs created by the gun culture.
This economic benefit includes hollywood, video games, survival food and the largest prison population the modern world has ever known.
It cannot be stopped overnight, there are too many vested interests.

But it would be irresponsible to not try to minimise the effects of this culture. I am beginning to think that the USA is stuck with figures like this.

33,000 firearm deaths per year.

225 Justifiable Gun Homicides per year (Self defence)

35,000 motor vehichle deaths per year.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#104614 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, for one.
Separation of church and state for another.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#104615 Apr 14, 2013
Antique weapontry SHOULDN'T lose such beautiful tool that was once used to feed a flock and shoot some too...

It's the ammo...and the fuel the feed these days what stuffs a revolver??????????

Hello are you sain...

According to ?????????? placement in lock down up???

Ok can I get a taser???? I hanf the gun on my wall oh no wait it's in a drawer and under the porch...:) In a suitcase a tasche a boot and oh and one at my FORT!!!!!!

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#104616 Apr 14, 2013
We don't even hear a much of I don't think in Frankfurt what happens in Berlin or vise versa...

How united so we are and then though we are not....
So it seems to me anyway...

Local and world news now I get it they are just mixed up...
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104618 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, for one.
Australia has that.
Canada too!
England, they are ahead of the game.
Scotland...they get to have a vote if they want to depart the UK.
Arent there 30 states who want to leave the USA? I saw a news report where one woman wanted Texas to move to Australia. LOL!

So what else? "In God we trust"
The QUICK FIX IT TEAM

Anonymous Proxy

#104619 Apr 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="DavidQ762 Scottsdale, AZ "]<quoted text>
'Gun Control' laws have been proven to cause crime, rather than stop it. In fact the crime rates usually rise dramatically AFTER gun control is implemented. And that same trend has occurred EVERY place it has been implemented, not just the U.S.
Our governments in the U.S. were expressly forbidden from enacting ANY 'gun control' PERIOD. The ONLY thing they can do is ENFORCE the penalties for ABUSE or MISUSE of that right.
Which brings up the way to stop the violence. Go back to ALL people being armed, as was Constitutionally INTENDED. More Guns - Less crime. And the fear of possible immediate retribution for the threat of violence. Is a very strong deterrent indeed.(That same fear was intended to keep our government(s) in check. Which is of course the reason they want to disarm us).
Stop slapping criminals hands and PUNISH them. The criminals should WORK - HARD, while incarcerated. Instead of just lying around watching TV and gang-banging in prison. Make the fear of going to prison so great, that NO ONE will want to go there.[/QUOTE]

Hey "DavidQ762" thought you said you only post from Phoenix, AZ.

Are you sure you're not someone else?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104620 Apr 14, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
'Gun Control' laws have been proven to cause crime, rather than stop it. In fact the crime rates usually rise dramatically AFTER gun control is implemented. And that same trend has occurred EVERY place it has been implemented, not just the U.S.
Our governments in the U.S. were expressly forbidden from enacting ANY 'gun control' PERIOD. The ONLY thing they can do is ENFORCE the penalties for ABUSE or MISUSE of that right.
Which brings up the way to stop the violence. Go back to ALL people being armed, as was Constitutionally INTENDED. More Guns - Less crime. And the fear of possible immediate retribution for the threat of violence. Is a very strong deterrent indeed.(That same fear was intended to keep our government(s) in check. Which is of course the reason they want to disarm us).
Stop slapping criminals hands and PUNISH them. The criminals should WORK - HARD, while incarcerated. Instead of just lying around watching TV and gang-banging in prison. Make the fear of going to prison so great, that NO ONE will want to go there.
You mean the dangerous gunnuts terrorising America. Lock them up?
You have tried thatr.
You cannot afford to lock any more up.
You just dont have the money!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#104622 Apr 14, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully agree.
Action should have been taken long ago in the USA.
Statistically the massacred dont count. They are insignificant compared to the corporate profits and jobs created by the gun culture.
This economic benefit includes hollywood, video games, survival food and the largest prison population the modern world has ever known.
It cannot be stopped overnight, there are too many vested interests.
But it would be irresponsible to not try to minimise the effects of this culture. I am beginning to think that the USA is stuck with figures like this.
33,000 firearm deaths per year.
225 Justifiable Gun Homicides per year (Self defence)
35,000 motor vehichle deaths per year.
Well, then we should start with the MOST serious problem first then, right ?

Since possession of firearms is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT in the U.S., and motor vehicles cause FAR MORE deaths in the U.S. than do firearms, AND given that there is NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to possess a motor vehicle, then logic dictates that motor vehicles should be BANNED FIRST. Don't you agree ?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#104625 Apr 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then we should start with the MOST serious problem first then, right ?
Since possession of firearms is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT in the U.S., and motor vehicles cause FAR MORE deaths in the U.S. than do firearms, AND given that there is NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to possess a motor vehicle, then logic dictates that motor vehicles should be BANNED FIRST. Don't you agree ?
No, that is your only quasi logical way to escape the fact that gun deaths are set to overtake motor vehichle deaths for the first time in any English speaking country.
LOL> Motor vehichle deaths to be overtaken by gun deaths.

"The laughing stock of the world"

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#104626 Apr 14, 2013
I was just watching Senator John Cornyn being interviewd about a number of issues, including the Seante "gun control" bill and he correctly pointed out taht EVEN IF the Manchin-Toomey "gun control" measures were passed by congress, and signed into law by The Obamaniac, those provisions would STILL NOT have prevented any of the mass shootings of the recent paast, which were ALL committed by mentally unstable people.

The Profesisonal Left has STILL NOT explained HOW their infringments of teh Second Amendment are going to prevent gun violence deaths, nor adequately protect law-abiding citizen's Second Amendmet RIGHTS.

Are they going to explain these things or not ?(My money's on "NOT".)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) 4 hr OlFed 48
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 AMERICA 12,178
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... Apr 14 Get Out 10
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
News Who's calling the shots in Canada? Apr 10 Truth and Facts 2
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... Apr 5 Truth and Facts 82
Why I'm for the Brady Bill By Ronald Reagan Apr 5 Truth and Facts 36
More from around the web