It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103326 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#103708 Apr 8, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, severely disturbed individual, most of believe in a Nation of laws not men! He who has the biggest and baddest gun makes the rules ... I don’t think so!!!!
And those with biggest and most mouths aren't going to push around those that are exercising their individual rights.

Those "laws" of the nation of which YOU speak...must be in compliance with the Constitution...meaning that they will not excede the authority of the gov't or infringe on the rights of the people.

Since: Dec 10

North Adelaide, Australia

#103709 Apr 8, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you say you want to get rid of every weapon on the planet?
Give us YOUR definition of WEAPON.
If YOU were to be informed that YOU are the deadliest weapon around, would you commit suicide in order to carry out your wish?
You did NOT reply to either question. Why not? Are you afraid?
Gees you will run out of paper.... every gun, bomb , chemical warfare, nuclear bomb, atomic bomb, fighter planes and their cousins, drones anything which has the capacity to erase human life, en mass. These are all on my list as things we can live without...worldwide. oh and Laser technology or star wars if they ever get it off the ground. tanks, bazooka's, flame throwers etc...you get the picture if you are smart....nope...then ask me more until you understand EXACTLY where I come from.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#103710 Apr 8, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a MOST illogical assertion!
If YOU are charged with protecting one or more young ones, to what will you resort which they are suddenly placed in harm's way?
A: Well does the attacker have a gun?
Well, since YOU don't believe in guns, with what other device will you respond when threatened?
A: One a gunman enters a classroom, your first job is to protect the children....if the teacher has a gun on their person the gunman would shoot them first, there in lies the point doesn't it, when a person enters a class with a gun......there is nothing the teacher can do....even if she had a gun.
Thus we see that YOU reveal YOURSELF to be a COWARD of the worst sort, for YOU refuse to employ the very best defense against an attack: The gun.
A: No guns available to idiots, the threat is then minimalised.
"A: No guns available to idiots, the threat is then minimalised."

Good...you're an idiot...YOU don't get a gun. There, that works for me, how about you...?

#103711 Apr 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can blow your "Righteous anger" out your own arse you arrogant, pompous, POS, "frustrated control freak".
Your "Righteous anger" covered a lot more than just "violent people who harm children". You went so far as to say you would target those that just own a gun.
You are a POS...an irrelevant POS...with no voice and no standing in the Constitutional battle over our "rights".
Of course I would target all you idiots that own guns because you are the reason these kids are dying in Afghanistan, you support the bossiness that helps keeps putting these weapons in the world, you keep propagandarists like the NRA going, you promote hate and fear for your love of guns whether it be financially or verbally fighting against getting rid of them.....1 little needle prick then sleepy time for you all...and then the rest of us can get on with making our world safe for kids and females alike...or get rid of men....that is still the best option...

#103712 Apr 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"A: No guns available to idiots, the threat is then minimalised."
Good...you're an idiot...YOU don't get a gun. There, that works for me, how about you...?
Hey, you don't seem to keep your word...didn't you say back when god was a boy that you weren't wasting anymore time on talking to me....and here you are...seems your word is full of shit....

#103714 Apr 8, 2013
Smith Wesson wrote:
<quoted text>
australian douchebag they want&#65279; you unarmed so they can do whatever they want to you without fear of an armed resistance.
They're coming to take you to the asylum soon....just sit tight and frothing at the mouth you lunatic.

#103715 Apr 8, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
PRECISELY!
Oh look at you....the penny finally drop did it?

10000 post is all it took...and allow you idiots a gun....new mental health check in US for gun ownership, it is called US heritage shit for brains disease, therefore those born there, can never have access to a gun..Yay!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#103716 Apr 8, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I would target all you idiots that own guns because you are the reason these kids are dying in Afghanistan, you support the bossiness that helps keeps putting these weapons in the world, you keep propagandarists like the NRA going, you promote hate and fear for your love of guns whether it be financially or verbally fighting against getting rid of them.....1 little needle prick then sleepy time for you all...and then the rest of us can get on with making our world safe for kids and females alike...or get rid of men....that is still the best option...
"...and then the rest of us can get on with making our world safe for kids and females alike...or get rid of men....that is still the best option..."

Ok...why don't you get right on that...lol.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#103717 Apr 8, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you don't seem to keep your word...didn't you say back when god was a boy that you weren't wasting anymore time on talking to me....and here you are...seems your word is full of shit....
Nah...I'll never pass up a good opportunity to show you the "idiot" that you are...like making the world safe by getting rid of men...lol...go for it.

#103718 Apr 8, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>I have guns, several in matter of fact, and proud of it. You think I'am a coward? You think I wont protect my child or anyother that I see in danger. Then bring your liberal aussie ass over here and try to hurt my kid or any other near me. I'll blow what lil brains you got left in that head out. Nobody better ever lay a hand on my kid, or any kid near me, or they will get a one way ticket to hell. No brag, just fact!
It's the cowards like you that want to disarm people so that the bad guys will be the only ones with guns.
You are one hell of a stupid woman, in matter of fact, you're the STUPIDEST person I have ever seen on topix. You make Beady look like a university scholar.
No, I think you are a stupid coward, and America is rife with them.
You have been tossing with gun violence since the Brits left, and it is killing your population....one by one or 20 at a time and your answer.....more guns and more violence...oh...who's the smart wittle fella then....your moronic tit.

#103719 Apr 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"...and then the rest of us can get on with making our world safe for kids and females alike...or get rid of men....that is still the best option..."
Ok...why don't you get right on that...lol.
OK.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103720 Apr 8, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a MOST illogical assertion!
If YOU are charged with protecting one or more young ones, to what will you resort which they are suddenly placed in harm's way?
A: Well does the attacker have a gun?
Well, since YOU don't believe in guns, with what other device will you respond when threatened?
A: One a gunman enters a classroom, your first job is to protect the children....if the teacher has a gun on their person the gunman would shoot them first, there in lies the point doesn't it, when a person enters a class with a gun......there is nothing the teacher can do....even if she had a gun.
Thus we see that YOU reveal YOURSELF to be a COWARD of the worst sort, for YOU refuse to employ the very best defense against an attack: The gun.
A: No guns available to idiots, the threat is then minimalised.
Spoken like the TRUE COWARD that YOU ARE!

If a teacher has a gun, and a gunman KNOWS? What are the chances that he will ever choose HER classroom?

Violent criminals are COWARDS, and they AVOID interacting with anyone they KNOW is going to be armed, and able to respond to their attack.

But, even IF he decides to attack, the odds are 50:50 that HE will be shot dead even as he shoots at the teacher.

Being shot does NOT result in 'immediate' death, as you presumably believe.

Therefore, the teacher will have fulfilled his/her roll of protector of the children. But YOU WILL NOT HAVE THAT NOW, WILL YOU?

No, because it is YOURSELF who is THE COWARD, you downright dirty, rotten, mean, nasty, and totally invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
Beady Has No Balls

Santiago, Chile

#103721 Apr 8, 2013
Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex
Beady Has No Balls

Santiago, Chile

#103722 Apr 8, 2013
Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex
Beady Has No Balls

Santiago, Chile

#103723 Apr 8, 2013
Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex
Beady Has No Balls

Santiago, Chile

#103724 Apr 8, 2013
Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

Beady loves analsex

#103725 Apr 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...I'll never pass up a good opportunity to show you the "idiot" that you are...like making the world safe by getting rid of men...lol...go for it.
Ha! You have a penis(tiny)....so you wouldn't have the nouse or capacity to down any female let alone this one.... but I love the way you yanks live with your delusions of granduer...boyo...

#103726 Apr 8, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like the TRUE COWARD that YOU ARE!
A: You seem to toss that word around like it frightens you, why is that, did someone call you that and now the word has stuck in your hick country town?
If a teacher has a gun, and a gunman KNOWS? What are the chances that he will ever choose HER classroom?
A: You are silly, if a teacher has a gun and he started shooting then she could injure him better to get that out of the way first...you are dumb....you couldn't even cut it as a person intent on harm, so how in the hell can you possibly think you would know how to defeat one.
Violent criminals are COWARDS, and they AVOID interacting with anyone they KNOW is going to be armed, and able to respond to their attack.
A: Yeah you keep telling yourself that Pacha! LOL.....I am sure there are violent criminals in prisons and on the street that are really very scared when they don't have a gun....ROTFLMFAO ....you are so feckin' naive.
But, even IF he decides to attack, the odds are 50:50 that HE will be shot dead even as he shoots at the teacher.
A: by who, the teacher? He enters the room where is here gun on her person...in a holster she's dead, in a locked cupboard she's dead, in a drawer she's dead...I don't know how long you think it takes to fire a gun but I am damn sure the teacher would not react before she was shot.....and he would then proceed to shoot the kids....
Being shot does NOT result in 'immediate' death, as you presumably believe.
A: Actually if you use the right weapon and are an excellent shot it does, so what you are saying is that most of you don't?
Therefore, the teacher will have fulfilled his/her roll of protector of the children. But YOU WILL NOT HAVE THAT NOW, WILL YOU?
A: I would easily bet that I would have exactly the same chance that she would..
No, because it is YOURSELF who is THE COWARD, you downright dirty, rotten, mean, nasty, and totally invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
A: Oh baby can't you win your point and being a man, can't understand the world no....BTW tell your mum I think she is low scum, for raising a child with such disrespect to woman....now crawl back into her bedroom and suckle, you baby....
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103727 Apr 8, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! You have a penis(tiny)....so you wouldn't have the nouse or capacity to down any female let alone this one.... but I love the way you yanks live with your delusions of granduer...boyo...
If ANYONE is living with 'delusions of grandeur,' it would be YOURSELF, inasmuch as it is YOURSELF whom has stated that YOU want to WIPEOUT ALL OF HUMANITY in order to achieve your own ends.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103728 Apr 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"...unless we start tracking each and ever one of these weapons on a federal level criminals will go on using them unimpeded and unhindered."
ROTFLMAO...so you're going to have armed criminals come to the police station and register their guns...right along with the law abiding after you pass that law...right...?
"Meanwhile it would have zero effect on the “law abiding” gun owner or enthusiast – what are you afraid of anyway?"
LOL..."Zero effect" on the “law abiding” gun owner or enthusiast...hpow is that possible...?...I have unregistered guns now...now what...? I'm not going to register them.
It's that "frustration" of being unable to excert "control" over others that is tearing you apart. YOU don't understand..."what are you afraid of anyway?".
It's your ignorance about the situation...just like the person that is pushing for the magazine ban and she thinks that they are "bullets and will be shot up anyway and that will reduce their numbers over time"...ROTFLMAO...SHE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO BAN!!!!!!!
Why is it that you can't come up with evidence based arguments instead of your ideological nonsense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why assault rifle sales are booming (Jun '15) Mon Three Days 251
News Federal Judge Strikes Down DC Concealed Carry Law May 17 Marauder 2
News Assault weapon bans should stand May 15 Sheriff Joe 529 882
News No wedding for Bristol Palin (May '15) May 6 Teenage Dutch Virgin 48
News Facebook Spends $16 Million on Armed Guards for... Apr 29 okimar 1
News Hillary to Voter Calling for More Second Amendm... Apr 24 GoForTheBandit 1
News Crimson Trace Provides Improved Accuracy Apr '16 duzitreallymatter 1
More from around the web