It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,346

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
colt45

Australia

#103565 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMFAO, is that why you make so many shoot em up movies, because you haven't got the guts to face up man to man...you weak bastard...Go crawl back into your hole and stop running off at the mouth, you Yanks aren't called loud mouths for nothing eh!...
hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
sid

Brisbane, Australia

#103566 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
You sound like DavidQ762, " guns maketh the man "
GoGoBar

Thailand

#103568 Apr 6, 2013
Isnt it funny that when they are truly whipped the only thing the gunnuts can fall back on are "twilight zone" survivalist fantasies.

Even with guns the citizens of the United States are so under the thumb of their Govts. that there has never been a shot fired in civil disobedience for 150 years. And then it failed to secure the rights of the slave owners.

The corporations have hijacked the 1st and second ammendments for profit, and the rest only benefit criminals and lawyers.

No wonder you have to have a HUMUNGOUS Federal Govt. to fight your battles against the wealthy for you.
colt45

Australia

#103570 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can you speak English...or in your world American LOL....cause you seem to have lost the plot....
perth is not los angeles you way behind infrastructure and you not rich enough to live in a big house with swimming pool palm trees tennis court
GoGoBar

Thailand

#103571 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you would know being Thailand is where you claim to be.
Is it true that Thailands history shows those not armed are the first to go?
Sounds exactly like the genocide of the red indian, rather than the Thai Kingdom that has never been colonised.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#103572 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
well a nuke war is likely the last result, it's the bombing and invasion, killing in the street is what you worry about. Armed insurgents and starving looters. It's called real war and what happens. You know when your at that place when either you die or somebody else does. In your case it will likely be you.
That is not the impression you gave, you were just having a go at Australia for not having nukes and to be fair there are enough of you noongs out there with them already we don't need anymore of you....we are smarter than that.

Perth, Australia

#103573 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
Yes,loved the country, the people are thick as two bricks though....kept asking us keep speaking in Australian, because they loved the accent...not English mind, Australian!...bright as buttons you yanks.

Perth, Australia

#103575 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>perth is not los angeles you way behind infrastructure and you not rich enough to live in a big house with swimming pool palm trees tennis court
So what you are saying is that America is good at abusing it, and the worlds resources with their big pools, big houses, big fat people, too much food and too little intelligence ...way to go you noong, that is why you are broke and China owns your arse, in Yankee bonds... so keep it up, this kind of drain on the economy and the resources can't last much longer, and it is all down hill from there.

Perth, Australia

#103576 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
well a nuke war is likely the last result, it's the bombing and invasion, killing in the street is what you worry about. Armed insurgents and starving looters. It's called real war and what happens. You know when your at that place when either you die or somebody else does. In your case it will likely be you.
PS....Right now there is a cat and mouse battle going on with North Korea and America, and it is places like Japan and Guam and South Korea that are the countries in the front line of fire, not America......America has just altered it's rhetoric against Kim Jong Un because they have just realised that he is a nutter(dumb yanks)and crazy enough to fire of a nuke, though it won't be America that cops it...Last case scenario....North Korea fires a nuke at South korea and the Americans fire back from a stealth fighter....who wins? No one!
colt45

Australia

#103577 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS....Right now there is a cat and mouse battle going on with North Korea and America, and it is places like Japan and Guam and South Korea that are the countries in the front line of fire, not America......America has just altered it's rhetoric against Kim Jong Un because they have just realised that he is a nutter(dumb yanks)and crazy enough to fire of a nuke, though it won't be America that cops it...Last case scenario....North Korea fires a nuke at South korea and the Americans fire back from a stealth fighter....who wins? No one!
when war starts australians have no option but to surrender to north korea

Perth, Australia

#103578 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>when war starts australians have no option but to surrender to north korea
No problem, I like their cuisine it is healthy.
colt45

Australia

#103579 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I like their cuisine it is healthy.
you australian coward
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Sydney, Australia

#103580 Apr 6, 2013
Every Australian household should have a handgun in a small safe to protect themselves from intruders.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#103581 Apr 6, 2013
Just what is the NK Heresy.

They have the most homogenous ethnicity on earth, a virtual monoculture.
The military is one of the strongest in the world.
The literacy rate is 99% with free education and health.
Citizens earn the bulk of their income in individual or family small business, traded between themselves tax free.
Having been under severe economic trade sanctions they are almost immune from foreign capital Corporations.
After the end of the Soviet Union they have managed to change their constitution to exclude the term communism.
They have offered Foreign Investment but sanctions make it difficult except for internet technology.
Placed between a rock and a hard place they managed to arm themselves with nuclear weapon technology.

It sounds like what the white supremists want for Australia.

Perth, Australia

#103582 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>you australian coward
Eh!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103591 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I know you Aussies are a hardy breed, riding on the backs of crocs like you do,and a good brawl would stop most intruders.
But what about a pack of wild dingo's eying your young'un playin in the yard, you running to get to them and yer Sheila's gettin the gun.
Or wild pack of aboriginal headhunter warriors snatching a family member for a sacrifice?
I make light of it in fun, but as a parent,, a dog attacking or some perverted piece of shit stalking my kid are a reality and a gun is really the best way to deal with both.
"I make light of it in fun, but as a parent,, a dog attacking or some perverted piece of shit stalking my kid are a reality and a gun is really the best way to deal with both."

Not according to 'Ahomana.'
She thinks that your children are game.

In fact, if you ask her, she'll actually tell you that there are too many of the rest of us around, and that we should all be rounded up and exterminated.

That's the way it is with the dirty, mean, rotten, nasty, and totally invidious QUEEN OF STINK.

Perth, Australia

#103593 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called a deterrent. Just like my 12g shotgun is a deterrent.
The threat of a nuke war is more remote than you think. I say that with the exception of Iran and N Korea.The little dictators wanting to be big ones, the Super Powers realize using them offensivly,gains nothing, except MMD.(I Hope).
So being smarter than that and figuring da nukes do fall it wouldn't matter anyways,,You'd be right. What would be smart is a level of prepardness up to that point. That would be a strong, well armed, civillian population. The best deterrent.
Being disarmed by your government shows me a distrust of the people and not a good idea in todays world being what governments are now-a-days.
Besides all that crap,I'm more concerned about the bad guy climbing in thru my window and what Could happen IF he does, and having the Right to have the best possible choice to ensure my best chance of survival is comforting indeed.
You're an idiot...17,300 nukes in the world and you actually think Americas leaders are sane....ROTFLMFAO
They are ALL insane you moron....nukes don't give anyone the BEST chance of survival unless you are the only one with them.....and guess what, YOU ARE NOT...Feck you people are sooooo stupid...continued laughter at your stupidity. you bloody moron.
Philosophizer

Sandia Park, NM

#103594 Apr 6, 2013
If the aboriginals had guns, you pasty wannabe Brits would have been rotting while the dingos rip apart your ribcage.

Perth, Australia

#103595 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I know you Aussies are a hardy breed, riding on the backs of crocs like you do,and a good brawl would stop most intruders.
A: That is bloody right, we actually play footy without protection....
But what about a pack of wild dingo's eying your young'un playin in the yard, you running to get to them and yer Sheila's gettin the gun.
Gfaw gfaw, we would just yank a slab of steak out of the esky and chuck it in front of the beast and distract it while me wife walks over and pats it....
Or wild pack of aboriginal headhunter warriors snatching a family member for a sacrifice?
A: Our Aborigini's are a peaceful lot and always have been, shouldn't get your indigenous races mixed there Billy Bob...
I make light of it in fun, but as a parent,, a dog attacking or some perverted piece of shit stalking my kid are a reality and a gun is really the best way to deal with both.
A: We have animal attacks here, but you don't always have a hand grenade at the ready so you do what you must...and in regards to someone raping your kid or wife etc...Keep a close eye on your family, friends, and acquaintance's....as that is the "main" direction sexual attacks come from, so arm yourself with knowledge and you can better protect those you love.
:)
45 hollow point

Australia

#103596 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: That is bloody right, we actually play footy without protection....
Gfaw gfaw, we would just yank a slab of steak out of the esky and chuck it in front of the beast and distract it while me wife walks over and pats it....

A: Our Aborigini's are a peaceful lot and always have been, shouldn't get your indigenous races mixed there Billy Bob...
A: We have animal attacks here, but you don't always have a hand grenade at the ready so you do what you must...and in regards to someone raping your kid or wife etc...Keep a close eye on your family, friends, and acquaintance's....as that is the "main" direction sexual attacks come from, so arm yourself with knowledge and you can better protect those you love.
:)
native people of australia hate their british invaders thousands of them are in state prisons for violent bashings,home invasions,armed robberies,bag snatching stop telling bullshit there cowards that run australian government wants its citizens disarmed so they have they have power

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... 1 hr Far Away 23
Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... 3 hr The real zeke 33
Obama to ban AR-15 bullets 6 hr Here Is One 11
US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... 6 hr payme 2
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Feb 25 BFMJAM63 188
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Feb 25 CTM 12,176
Wisconsin CCW permit Homicide rate lower than J... Feb 22 Tory II 1
More from around the web