It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

North Adelaide, Australia

#103558 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>you go and chat about cricket or how boring and lame australia is
You are the cowards you cheat, lie, use propaganda to murder innocent people...and not one of you idiots have the compassion for the 17 people the soldier murdered in their beds in Afghanistan or bring to justice ALL the soldiers that committed the rapes and the murders of children and women and old men in My Lei....or the rapes and murders committed by your brave soldiers on foreign bases.... you Americans aren't cowards you are too stupid to be anything but animals.....Aussies soldiers are average people who have put on a uniform, unlike Americans it does not miraculously change them into unfeeling uncaring h scum.
colt45

Park Orchards, Australia

#103559 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a pretty good chance of that happening, being how fast the U.S. is being destroyed.
A: Well maybe if it started showing a little respect to other nations...yada yada.
Ahomana, Australia is a sittin duck. You have no weapons of mass destruction, nukes. Although the ADF does have sophisticated military hardware, there is very little of it and a standing army of less than 100,000 personnel and a citizenry unarmed.
A: And you think that makes a difference, you idiots start firing nukes around and it won't matter what anyone has...you are so silly....
I'm guessing your pretty proud of that and feel real safe because of it.
A: Countries that own nukes make me feel unsafe because there have been so many close shaves...we don't need any more countries with nukes...just two that have them and shoot them off will clear all of us out....
The only problem is those in the world who do have nukes or armed countrymen and want what you have, and the balls to do it,,will.
A: No, moron, no....I want you all to pull your heads in and stand down all your nuke programs, because NONE OF YOU can win!......are you right in the head there Pacha. Once one is fired from wherever NONE OF YOU CAN PREDICT THE OUTCOME...NO ONE!.....
In a stand alone fight I don't think you'd come out on top. Modern history shows over and over again when a country's gov't either turns on the people or those people who have no way to defend themselves and what happens to them. That's reality.
A; ROTFLMFAO, because I am so much smarter than any of you idiots that believe in a nuclear war there will be a winner....Australia doesn't need or want them because if and when that happens we....ALL OF US EVERYWHERE will be dead...whether you die in the first blast or are killed by the lack of sun...and radiation....we will be dead.....And there are more than enough bombs to ensure this happens without us spending a brass razzoo...not that we would want to...we are actually one of the few countries trying to save the planet and it's inhabitants...you silly fool.
shut your stupid british when someone pulls gun on you will shit you pants

#103560 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>
shut your stupid british when someone pulls gun on you will shit you pants
ROTFLMFAO, is that why you make so many shoot em up movies, because you haven't got the guts to face up man to man...you weak bastard...Go crawl back into your hole and stop running off at the mouth, you Yanks aren't called loud mouths for nothing eh!...

#103561 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>when war starts americans should not defend australia let those cowards die
You wouldn't need to if you didn't start them....
colt45

Park Orchards, Australia

#103562 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
i ain't trippin off a thing cause my gun goes bang

#103563 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>you go and chat about cricket or how boring and lame australia is
I can imagine that a Peace loving country like Aus, would seem extremely boring to a fanatical yankee gun nut who thrives on violence.

#103564 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>i ain't trippin off a thing cause my gun goes bang
Hey, can you speak English...or in your world American LOL....cause you seem to have lost the plot....
colt45

Park Orchards, Australia

#103565 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMFAO, is that why you make so many shoot em up movies, because you haven't got the guts to face up man to man...you weak bastard...Go crawl back into your hole and stop running off at the mouth, you Yanks aren't called loud mouths for nothing eh!...
hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
sid

Chermside, Australia

#103566 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
You sound like DavidQ762, " guns maketh the man "
GoGoBar

Hua Hin, Thailand

#103568 Apr 6, 2013
Isnt it funny that when they are truly whipped the only thing the gunnuts can fall back on are "twilight zone" survivalist fantasies.

Even with guns the citizens of the United States are so under the thumb of their Govts. that there has never been a shot fired in civil disobedience for 150 years. And then it failed to secure the rights of the slave owners.

The corporations have hijacked the 1st and second ammendments for profit, and the rest only benefit criminals and lawyers.

No wonder you have to have a HUMUNGOUS Federal Govt. to fight your battles against the wealthy for you.
colt45

Park Orchards, Australia

#103570 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can you speak English...or in your world American LOL....cause you seem to have lost the plot....
perth is not los angeles you way behind infrastructure and you not rich enough to live in a big house with swimming pool palm trees tennis court
GoGoBar

Hua Hin, Thailand

#103571 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you would know being Thailand is where you claim to be.
Is it true that Thailands history shows those not armed are the first to go?
Sounds exactly like the genocide of the red indian, rather than the Thai Kingdom that has never been colonised.

#103572 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
well a nuke war is likely the last result, it's the bombing and invasion, killing in the street is what you worry about. Armed insurgents and starving looters. It's called real war and what happens. You know when your at that place when either you die or somebody else does. In your case it will likely be you.
That is not the impression you gave, you were just having a go at Australia for not having nukes and to be fair there are enough of you noongs out there with them already we don't need anymore of you....we are smarter than that.

#103573 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>hey ignorant dipshit have you ever been to big usa
Yes,loved the country, the people are thick as two bricks though....kept asking us keep speaking in Australian, because they loved the accent...not English mind, Australian!...bright as buttons you yanks.

#103575 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>perth is not los angeles you way behind infrastructure and you not rich enough to live in a big house with swimming pool palm trees tennis court
So what you are saying is that America is good at abusing it, and the worlds resources with their big pools, big houses, big fat people, too much food and too little intelligence ...way to go you noong, that is why you are broke and China owns your arse, in Yankee bonds... so keep it up, this kind of drain on the economy and the resources can't last much longer, and it is all down hill from there.

#103576 Apr 6, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
well a nuke war is likely the last result, it's the bombing and invasion, killing in the street is what you worry about. Armed insurgents and starving looters. It's called real war and what happens. You know when your at that place when either you die or somebody else does. In your case it will likely be you.
PS....Right now there is a cat and mouse battle going on with North Korea and America, and it is places like Japan and Guam and South Korea that are the countries in the front line of fire, not America......America has just altered it's rhetoric against Kim Jong Un because they have just realised that he is a nutter(dumb yanks)and crazy enough to fire of a nuke, though it won't be America that cops it...Last case scenario....North Korea fires a nuke at South korea and the Americans fire back from a stealth fighter....who wins? No one!
colt45

Park Orchards, Australia

#103577 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS....Right now there is a cat and mouse battle going on with North Korea and America, and it is places like Japan and Guam and South Korea that are the countries in the front line of fire, not America......America has just altered it's rhetoric against Kim Jong Un because they have just realised that he is a nutter(dumb yanks)and crazy enough to fire of a nuke, though it won't be America that cops it...Last case scenario....North Korea fires a nuke at South korea and the Americans fire back from a stealth fighter....who wins? No one!
when war starts australians have no option but to surrender to north korea

#103578 Apr 6, 2013
colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>when war starts australians have no option but to surrender to north korea
No problem, I like their cuisine it is healthy.
colt45

Perth, Australia

#103579 Apr 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I like their cuisine it is healthy.
you australian coward
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Airds, Australia

#103580 Apr 6, 2013
Every Australian household should have a handgun in a small safe to protect themselves from intruders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman plans to introduce national conceal... 40 min GloriusGoodness 48
News Trump nominee will politicize Dept. of Justice 13 hr Dolly6807 2
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... 14 hr Trump your President 58
News Big Law Firms Target Your Second Amendment Rights 15 hr Say What 1
News 'Miss Sloane': Bad behavior on Capitol Hill 22 hr Frogface Kate 1
News Mapping Reform: Where are Things Likely to Change? Thu Scout1 1
News Hudson Proposes National Concealed Carry Bill Dec 6 duzitreallymatter 3
More from around the web