It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#103451 Apr 4, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The US also had safe banking practices. That is the point. It was the government that [forced] banks to abandon them under the Communities Reinvestment Act in order to enable low income people to own homes. There were groups like ACORN that were demonstrating in front of banks accusing them of being racist. Incidents like that caused the Communities Reinvestment Act to be passed by congress.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are two mortgage companies that were created by the government and are still government sponsored. They bought these toxic mortgages and passed them onto Wall St. It was people in congress that prevented the regulation of these two companies. These same people were receiving good deals from predatory lenders. Liars like Barney Frank were reassuring the public the two government mortgage companies were sound.
Yea, I blame government, both parties. They went well beyond regulation, or lack thereof, and took part in manipulating the market.
What you have stated is only partly true Teaman, the part where the government introduced a law to help those on lower wages to get a home.....the truth is they did it with good intent.....it was the lending companies along with the banks, that defrauded the government and the people by falsifying the borrowers financial records for their own greed...The government wasn't a part of the corruption that took place nor can or should they be held accountable, that blame lies solely with the lenders that participated in a scam to rip off the government and therefore the people.

Perth, Australia

#103452 Apr 4, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in AU, but here in the good 'ol USA We have a large segment of sorrowful blacks. Almost 50% of those, 17 or younger drop out of school. close to 70% of blacks under 30 have a felony criminal record. The black gang problem speaks for itself.
Along with that we also have unsecured border's where not only poor and desperate illegals come by the millions but also mexican drug cartels and those other than mexicans that enter illegally from 35 different countries that are considered hostile to America.
How about a president that is trying his best to devide this country along racial lines and driving the economy into the ground as he does it.
At the time of the Los Angeles Riots I was living less than 20 miles from where it started. I was less than 2 miles away from where it stopped. I watched as law enforcement for 3 days DO NOTHING to stop it.
So there IS a need for assault weapons AND hi cap mags.
Another riot is just around the corner and it's going to make the L.A. Riots look like a peaceful demonstration and I know from past experience no one is going to protect me or my family from it.
See the government needs civil unrest. It can't sustain itself much longer and the only way they will be able to maintain control of the people and country is by force.
If you unite the people the 1% falls along with the corruption the gov't has become. If you devide the people using distraction and overload it get's to the point where common sense judgement is lost to a emotional ego and that can be controlled.
What's happening now is the result of the last 30 years of the leaders of this country bleeding it dry. Incomprehensible debt, failing middleclass and tripling of welfare and food stamps.
What do you think will happen when all the new taxes and the sequester start taking affect AND the gov't still doesn't have enough money to function. It's going to cave in on itself.
So the best way for the gov't to survive that is civil unrest.
The last thing the gov't needs is the majority of good, decent Americans arming themselves to throw All the political parties on their ass out into the street. And nothing would work better than a big ass cultural race riot, declaring Marshall Law suspending the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and Civil Liberties.
It's all right there, in front of your faces as plain as day.
I'll leave the rest up to your own imagination..........
That is all nonsense as we have a smaller population but the same criminal element....So tell me what and how you would use these assault riffles to control or limit the amount of crime?
BTW congratulations to Colorado and Connecticut, for having the strength and forsight to enact stronger gun and ammo restrictions, see yanks that is how it is done by reasonable and rational people, and they haven't violated the second amendment....you still get to keep your right to bear arms, go figure.

Perth, Australia

#103453 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the WHOLE BODY of PEOPLE always POSSESS ARMS, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them."--Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 53 (1788).[Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 [Univ. of Alabama Press,1975]
"As to the speces of exercse, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks."--Thomas Jefferson, To [his young nephew] Peter Carr, i, 397.(P., 1785.).
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."--George Mason, June 14, 1788, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution,[Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, Jonathan Elliot, ed., v.3 p.380] Mr. Mason drafted the Virgina Declaration of Rights, and was an ally of James Madison and George Washington.
We still have the opportunity to recover our freedom and liberty - you DON'T.
Are you missing a chromosome? No one in your country who want to restrict assault weapons or the amount of ammo you can use(which is 90% of the American people) is attempting to interfere with the second amendment, see the latest on the successful restrictions in Colorado and Connecticut....I think you don't want to get at a solution, you are more about you, and what you PERCEIVE to be an injustice, when nothing could be further from the truth, you just don't want to hear the truth....
sid

Brisbane, Australia

#103455 Apr 4, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Isn't it hilarious that when the libturds can't come back with a response of any substance, they come back with the old tried and sad ad hominem penis attack. LMAO!!!(Straight out of the libturd playbook.)
DavidQ762 wrote: Just because you Australians emasculated yourselves. maybe you don't know the meaning of the word emasculate and what it implies in relation to gun ownership, his statement, his reference, try and work it out.

Perth, Australia

#103456 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, DOLT. And those 'restrictions' in Colorado and Connecticut are sure to be contested in court.
It doesn't matter what >you< [supposedly]'think'. Your 'opinion' is of ZERO consequence to me.
See, you don't even acknowledge your own countrymen when they are working their butt off to find solutions to problems...you just pooh par everything even if it works because you don't want a solution, because then you would have to adjust or change in some way and oh no we couldn't have that nooooooo!...You WANT violence to control you and your towns...to destroy lives and never allow children to grow up....you are like most of your gun owning bretheren spouting fear and hate, you rely on the ignorant and you are unwilling to be a team player.

Perth, Australia

#103457 Apr 4, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Isn't it hilarious that when the libturds can't come back with a response of any substance, they come back with the old tried and sad ad hominem penis attack. LMAO!!!(Straight out of the libturd playbook.)
It is reminiscent of the NRA and supporters chant (it's not the guns) they have nothing to support their argument so they chant nonsense and propaganda........yada,yada,ya da, yuk yuk.
DOWN WITH THE NRA....DOWN WITH THE NRA....DOWN WITH THE NRA......
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103458 Apr 4, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
That's because when all is said, and done, what it all boils down to for them, is a matter of sex.

It doesn't matter what the subject may be, it all boils down to sex, in one way or another. They are very sexually oriented. In fact, they find themselves unable to express themselves without resorting to one or another sexual reference.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103459 Apr 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
It is reminiscent of the NRA and supporters chant (it's not the guns) they have nothing to support their argument so they chant nonsense and propaganda........yada,yada,ya da, yuk yuk.
DOWN WITH THE NRA....DOWN WITH THE NRA....DOWN WITH THE NRA......
Says the thoroughly invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
:-))
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103460 Apr 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you don't even acknowledge your own countrymen when they are working their butt off to find solutions to problems...you just pooh par everything even if it works because you don't want a solution, because then you would have to adjust or change in some way and oh no we couldn't have that nooooooo!...You WANT violence to control you and your towns...to destroy lives and never allow children to grow up....you are like most of your gun owning bretheren spouting fear and hate, you rely on the ignorant and you are unwilling to be a team player.
"Team player."

That's code for 'go along to get along.'

How many good citizens in NAZI Germany 'went along to get along?' What happened there?

How many good citizens in Soviet Russia 'went along to get along?' What happened there?

How many good citizens in Mao's China 'went along to get along?' What happened there?

How many good citizens in Pol Pot's Cambodia 'went along to get along?' What happened there?
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103461 Apr 4, 2013
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
DavidQ762 wrote: Just because you Australians emasculated yourselves. maybe you don't know the meaning of the word emasculate and what it implies in relation to gun ownership, his statement, his reference, try and work it out.
READ: I can't refute 'DavidQ762's' statements, so I'm going to attack him with ad hominem instead.

Perth, Australia

#103463 Apr 4, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the thoroughly invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
:-))
From the guy that still suckles from his mothers boob and is allowed to play with her pink bits.:D

Perth, Australia

#103466 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"Team player."
That's code for 'go along to get along.'
How many good citizens in NAZI Germany 'went along to get along?' What happened there?
How many good citizens in Soviet Russia 'went along to get along?' What happened there?
How many good citizens in Mao's China 'went along to get along?' What happened there?
How many good citizens in Pol Pot's Cambodia 'went along to get along?' What happened there?
Why are you so obsessed with what goes on in the past in other countries when your country is in crisis mode now....ie you are broke and have too many guns that you don't need...have you thought if you spent half as much time concentrating on fixing those problems as worrying about things that are never going to happen....things might actually improve and some Americans might get to live longer by not being shot.....Take care of your own problems before you worry about others you are in dire need....now Australians on the other hand can worry about the rest of the world because we are in great shape financially, restrictive gun laws...we have created time...time to play, to be involved and to impart our success story to those who are smart enough to heed the message....

Perth, Australia

#103467 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey SBF! How are you doing?
LOL/ I think he is what you mean as a sycophant or boot licker....
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103468 Apr 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
From the guy that still suckles from his mothers boob and is allowed to play with her pink bits.:D
See? Just what I said earlier: YOU can't express yourself without resorting to one or another sexual reference.

Thanks for proving me right yet again, oh invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103469 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey SBF! How are you doing?
How are I doing what ...?
;-)

Perth, Australia

#103470 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I acknowledge [and attack] the treasonous sycophants that advocate destruction of our God given rights. And I don't just confine myself to sycophants in my own country. I have and will continue to attack ALL boot-licking sycophants world-wide.
I don't think you even know what a sycophant is....you associate strongly with those who lick your arse, ie: SBF he is clearly one of them...
sid

Brisbane, Australia

#103471 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I acknowledge [and attack] the treasonous sycophants that advocate destruction of our God given rights. And I don't just confine myself to sycophants in my own country. I have and will continue to attack ALL boot-licking sycophants world-wide.
So it's treasous to oppose gun ownership and your right to own a gun is god given, do you happen to have the stone tablet that that was caved into. You are a serious head case.

Perth, Australia

#103472 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
See? Just what I said earlier: YOU can't express yourself without resorting to one or another sexual reference.
Thanks for proving me right yet again, oh invidious QUEEN OF STINK!
And as I have made clear....I never start it but I do finish it....What is it like to be you, a bigot all the time and never know what is right or wrong or cry because you have to spend all night, alone, playing with yourself.....You have no idea what it is like to live in the real world....you need to spend some time with people like me who understand that your inadequate yankee IQ needs education to lift your intelligence level (no where near as high as mine, of course) but by a point or two, maybe.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#103473 Apr 4, 2013
And Cain fired his gun at the heavens and cried "I AM my brothers' keeper!"

Perth, Australia

#103478 Apr 4, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he knows that those he don;t remember the past are DOOMED to repeat it, DOLT.
You are so dull, that you don't even realize just how close you are to a complete Chinese takeover. How many Chinese miners do you have taking away your resources now?
So you try to remember the past and faults of other countries and neglect the past and future in yours....way to go spas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 44 min spocko 12,129
Shoot Down the Stupid Second Amendment 2 hr Tory II 7
An Individual Right Rekindled 2 hr Marauder 1
National View: Shoot down the stupid Second Ame... 9 hr OId Sailor 1
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Fri Michael S 16
Magnum Research Introduces Stainless Steel Dese... Dec 24 Here Is One 1
Concealed carry does not make us safer (Nov '09) Dec 23 fae31 6,985
More from around the web