It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,362

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#103352 Apr 1, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
DELETED
Pane dire ou risse fesse ti pilon, allez ale bouffe ou muffins ek beady has a yellow mane, arete emmerde dimoune ek ou banes pony neighing noises.
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#103353 Apr 1, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
In truth, he obsesses over himself!
A true narcissist is he!
Ou pas pou arete cose Sewraj, GEORGY FUNGIT HALF CREOLE OR HALF BREED UK?
igvtigkvrvtrkitk vt4ivkvkt

Australia

#103354 Apr 1, 2013
Obama has given Iran 3 more months and he did this on 3 22 = March 22 and that would bring us to 622 = June 22 the brightest day of the year and the devils son will have to fulfil all of Gods scriptures so Jesus coming is as the brightness and the Antichrist will come as a He Goat from the West and he could use the brightest day of the year to do this.
Keep Watching the Cyprus banking crisis is the beginning of the Global crash as the E.U. chief just warned this is the template for the rest of the European Banks. With those words any time now we could see the crisis break out on the back of Bank runs across the E.U.. Things are also seemingly heating up with North Korea. Nation shall rise against Nation then Kingdom against Kingdom. Scripture says Damascus becomes a heap of ruin and I just re-read some old news from below and they have planned to use Haarp and create an Earthquake that would remove Damascus from being a city. No radiation disaster fits scripture best =
The battle of Damascus has begun - July 23
Over the past 5 days Washington and Paris have launched an attack operation dubbed “Damascus Volcano and Syrian Earthquake." It is not a new campaign of aerial bombardment, but a secret military operation, similar to the one used in Central America during the Reagan era.
Haarp could accomplish this today so we might not see a nuclear attack on Syria (Even though the 1000 nuclear bunker busters are there in Israel today) but disasters instead. Keep watching. 322 turned out to be a 3 month extension by Obama when he was in Israel.The man approached a woman in a newsagency at a shopping centre in Ballajura in Perth's north on Sunday and grabbed her purse.
As he tried to run away, he crashed through a plate glass window next to a sliding door, shattering the glass.
He suffered cuts and was knocked to the ground.
He was initially helped to his feet by bystanders who were unaware of the robbery.
But an accomplice approached them and told the bystanders to leave the injured man alone.
The pair escaped in a stolen car
MalbarCACA Controllers

London, UK

#103355 Apr 1, 2013
igvtigkvrvtrkitkvt4ivkvkt wrote:
Obama has given Iran 3 more months and he did this on 3 22 = March 22 and that would bring us to 622 = June 22 the brightest day of the year and the devils son will have to fulfil all of Gods scriptures so Jesus coming is as the brightness and the Antichrist will come as a He Goat from the West and he could use the brightest day of the year to do this.
Keep Watching the Cyprus banking crisis is the beginning of the Global crash as the E.U. chief just warned this is the template for the rest of the European Banks. With those words any time now we could see the crisis break out on the back of Bank runs across the E.U.. Things are also seemingly heating up with North Korea. Nation shall rise against Nation then Kingdom against Kingdom. Scripture says Damascus becomes a heap of ruin and I just re-read some old news from below and they have planned to use Haarp and create an Earthquake that would remove Damascus from being a city. No radiation disaster fits scripture best =
The battle of Damascus has begun - July 23
Over the past 5 days Washington and Paris have launched an attack operation dubbed “Damascus Volcano and Syrian Earthquake." It is not a new campaign of aerial bombardment, but a secret military operation, similar to the one used in Central America during the Reagan era.
Haarp could accomplish this today so we might not see a nuclear attack on Syria (Even though the 1000 nuclear bunker busters are there in Israel today) but disasters instead. Keep watching. 322 turned out to be a 3 month extension by Obama when he was in Israel.The man approached a woman in a newsagency at a shopping centre in Ballajura in Perth's north on Sunday and grabbed her purse.
As he tried to run away, he crashed through a plate glass window next to a sliding door, shattering the glass.
He suffered cuts and was knocked to the ground.
He was initially helped to his feet by bystanders who were unaware of the robbery.
But an accomplice approached them and told the bystanders to leave the injured man alone.
The pair escaped in a stolen car
Are you related to FQUYTCHETEXIM4CUO TANC3KYP QUYTCHETEXIM4CUO TANC3KYP HELLTAMIMOTKYOHKO3KYANCUT?
gunnut

Australia

#103356 Apr 1, 2013
I swear by God this sacred oath that to the Leader of the German empire and people, Adolf Hitler, supreme commander of the armed forces, I shall render unconditional obedience and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared to give my life for this oath
MalbarCACA Controllers

London, UK

#103359 Apr 1, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a hike, ignoramus.
Is David your MalbarCACA name or one you've adopted?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Beaumaris, Australia

#103360 Apr 1, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a hike, ignoramus.
Good idea! To the South Pole in a TuTu!! lol!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103364 Apr 1, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is 'gun safty'?
Is that some kind of spice added to ammunition?
I've heard of gun lube, gun cleaner, gun oil, and gun grease. But never before have I ever heard of 'gun safty.'
get out much?...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103365 Apr 1, 2013
The rewriting of history by the power elite was painfully evident as the nation marked the 10th anniversary of the start of the Iraq War. Some claimed they had opposed the war when they had not. Others among “Bush’s useful idiots” argued that they had merely acted in good faith on the information available. These apologists acted not only as cheerleaders for war; in most cases they ridiculed and attempted to discredit anyone who questioned the call to invade Iraq. FAUX News and The New York Times attacked the filmmaker Michael Moore as a conspiracy theorist claiming that anti-war voices were only polarizing a “political cesspool.” Those who opposed the attack on Iraq “do not think that Saddam Hussein is a bad guy at all,” calling any anti-war protester “blithering ex-flower children or ranting neo-Stalinists.”

It’s contemptible to hear our members of the legislature argue the fine points of gun control when they go about attacking defenseless and poor countries, murdering hundreds of thousands of people under the phony excuse of national security with weapons of mass destruction ranging from cluster bombs to depleted uranium missiles and chemicals that literally disintegrate flesh and bones to ash as witnessed at Fallujah, Iraq.“Go massive!” Donald Rumsfeld cheered,“Sweep it all up. Things related and not,” while Dick Cheney and his associates drooled over the sadistic methods of torture that he ordered against a people who did absolutely nothing to the United States.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Essendon, Australia

#103368 Apr 1, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you want she/he/it that close to you mate? ;)
Perhaps I can arrange for a South Pole reception committee ... of man-eating Penguins.:)

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#103369 Apr 1, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my corrupt 'government' is "broke".
It wasn't your corrupt government that broke you it was your greedy capitalistic ideals....sub prime mortgage scam, failed to temper banks growth with ethical practice...but hey, no matter what I say or the evidence you will still blame the government.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#103370 Apr 1, 2013
scared australian wrote:
in Australia, civilians are not allowed to possess automatic and semi-automatic firearms, self-loading and pump action shotguns, handguns with a calibre in excess of .38in with only narrow exemptions, semi-automatic handguns with a barrel length less than 120mm, and revolvers with a barrel length less than 100mm private possession of handguns (pistols and revolvers) is only permitted subject to stringent conditions only licensed gun owners may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition Applicants for a gun owner’s licence in Australia are required to prove genuine reason to possess a firearm, for example, hunting, target shooting, collection, pest control, and narrow occupational uses In british law, personal protection is not a genuine reason Where a past history, or apprehended likelihood of family violence exists, the law in Australia stipulates that a gun licence should be denied or revoked gun owners must re-apply and re-qualify for their firearm licence every 1 to 5 years depending on the licence category Licensed firearm owners in Australia are permitted to possess only the number and type of firearms specified on their licence or acquisition permit A licensed firearm owner in Australia is permitted to possess ammunition only for those firearms for which the purchaser is licensed, with a limit on the quantity of ammunition that may be purchased in a given period
Australia has got it right at least.....Good job...
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103371 Apr 1, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Writing for yourself, in order to respond to yourself, does NOT count.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#103372 Apr 2, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So in order to defend you family with a gun....your gun could be outgunned by a bigger more powerful gun, a gun that can fire and keep firing, when yours has given up the ghost...or a you in favor of having assault weapons as well, because in that case all the want to protect your family if 1) only you have a gun against more than one burglar with assault weapons (AKs and the like)etc, your ass is still grass? If you get my meaning...there is always someone bigger than you or someone with a bigger gun or you are outnumbered or caught by surprise.
Again....I never said the ownership of a firearm guarantees you a favorable outcome in a violent situation. But I would rather die on my feet defending the lives of me and mine instead of on my knees begging for them. Good luck with your choice, Victim-In-Waiting.
mummum

Pittsburgh, PA

#103373 Apr 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………
Guns cool Ban humans
gunnut

Australia

#103374 Apr 2, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like a british pacifist and a cowardly idiot and australia is full them
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#103375 Apr 2, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't your corrupt government that broke you it was your greedy capitalistic ideals....sub prime mortgage scam, failed to temper banks growth with ethical practice...but hey, no matter what I say or the evidence you will still blame the government.
It was government that was directly involved. Government sponsored mortgage companies, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, knowingly purchased toxic mortgages and passed them onto Wall St. Crooks like Senator Chris Dodd thwarted efforts by the Bush administration to regulate Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae while receiving sweet deals from Countrywide, a predator lender.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

A long read, but it explains how the problem goes all the way back to Pres. Clinton and how he changed the Communities Reinvestment Act.

http://tjhancock.wordpress.com/housing-bubble...

Our corrupt government was directly involved and responsible. The SEC even lowered the capital reserve requirement for banks and lenders.

Instead of prosecuting these crooks, they got a government bailout. That's not free market capitalism, that's government corporatism.

Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#103376 Apr 2, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I can arrange for a South Pole reception committee ... of man-eating Penguins.:)
They won't eat ca ca.
FYI

Arvada, CO

#103377 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't eat ca ca.
" KINKY" Be well my friend. Regards
The cowardlyscum Bashers

Portland, OR

#103378 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't eat ca ca.
But you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 4 hr Here Is One 362
The Well Armed Woman Program - where the femini... 4 hr Here Is One 80
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 6 hr dannyBOY lies again 11,479
SAF lawsuit challenges Illinois CCW statute 13 hr Tory II 1
3 year old shoots AR and survives 17 hr Kentucky-Mitch 15
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Thu Explain yourself 13
Florida's 55 Bloomberg Anti-Second Amendment Ma... Oct 21 Squach 8

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE